+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Aether Profiles

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Aether Profiles

I've been taught that everything is a balance. If Good and Evil were at perfect equilibrium, there would be no problem. If there was a perfect balance, dispute and discrimmination would disappear thus creation a world of perfection. . . . . . but perfection is an illusion. . . . This is all somewhat confusing isn't it? In my opinion, perfection only exists when something is new. . . a great example would be a doll. It all looks pretty and perfect when new, but take it out of its case, and soon you get bored of playing with it. . . you set it aside and it begins to collect dust, then the hair gets matted, then the clothes get scribbled on, dirty, lost, torn or (in my case) burnt. Well, I guess you could say that perfection existed at the beginning of time. . . . When two supreme beings decided to create something for their mere amusement. . . . .

. . . this is like the introduction of the story. . . how am I doing so far? ^_^
    Aether Profiles Full Chapter
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Re: Aether Profiles

Hmmm... good job, when are you planning on getting the rest up?
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Aether Profiles

We can choose to function at a lower level of awareness and simply exist, caring for our possessions, eating, drinking, sleeping and managing in the world as pawns of the elements, or we can soar to new and higher levels of awareness allowing ourselves to transcend our environment and literally create a world of our own -- a world of real magic.
    Wayne W. Dyer

BANG! . . . BANG! . . . BANG!
    A woman ran through a hallway hugging a child to her chest. Doors lined along the walls closed as she ran by them, refusing her access to what was inside. The light banished from the candle holders leaving only one light beyond an opened door a couple of feet away from her.

BANG!

"NO!"

The door slammed to a closed on her face. A man with long black hair rose from the ground, pointing a large sword at the woman; a sickening grin plastered on his pale face, his large black wings spread on his back.

"Why are you doing this?!" She backed from the entrance. "You're the chosen one to lead them - "

"It's not fun having to follow orders, you of all people should know that with this power - "

"They granted you that power especially for that task!" The woman yelled as she did seals with one hand behind her back, she quickly pressed her palm on the child's forehead, making the baby giggle, "You are the most powerful soldier in my father's court - "

"You are no longer his child. . . you forfeit that role when you swore your allegiance with the Creator's son and took those souls unto yourself. . . under other circumstances your father would've been very proud. . . . . Poor Kali. . . Look what has happened to you . . . you are the Goddess of Destruction one of the most powerful beings in the universe . . . and yet you threw that power aside for your love for that man!" The man continued mockingly, "You who were supposed to be mine, preferred the celestial!"

"It was predicted for this to happen by The Oracle - it was to be my choice, and it was the right one!" Kali shouted angrily.

"Your arrogance is astounding. . . just like the mortals. . . being amongst them for the past five hundred years have made me realize the truth about mortals and immortals alike - "

"You're a monster Orochimaru - "

"No! A GENIUS!"

"Whatever you're trying to attempt they will stop you!"

"No one can't stop me now, you see, these past five hundred years have made me realize that mortals have had it easy since the beginning of time. I'm simply looking to inspire them to be all they were meant to be - "

"By unleashing hell?"

"What's a few thousand years of pain? They never deserved to be blessed, never really appreciating the gift they were given so freely -- unconditional love from The Creator. . . but they have learned more efficient ways to slaughter, it seems all they learn is blasphemy. . . The Destroyer and Immortals, were the gods that reign the land, now they live in the shadows. In silence. In shame. All for what? Respect of mortals? For respect of the true monsters? They are nothing to us. They are only food."

"The Protectors - "

"Are gone." He laughed as if enjoying what he was remembering, "Sealed away, never to return now that their Guardians are dead."

"What - what have you done?" Kali took a step back, terrified at the sudden revelation of what was to come.

"I, Orochimaru, one of the great Sannin, leader of the Dark Army have achieved the impossible! I managed to seal The Creator and The Destroyer in vessels. . . one of which you are carrying -- question is - which god is she."

Kali stopped shaking and held her baby tighter to her. If her father was gone, the balance would be thrown into chaos, it was only a matter of time for the end. She slowly breathed in and out, as if counting, and suddenly it seemed time stopped, the noise vanished around them. With a rushing sound, everything around her began to crumble, Kali was furious, the red aura surrounded her body like a cloak while emitting a pressure of darkness.

"You will never take her!" Kali's voice distorted with every syllable uttered.

"I don't recall telling you it was an option. . . give her TO ME!" Orochimaru screamed angrily as he slashed out at Kali.

They disappeared, becoming mere flashes, creating craters here and there. Their fight synchronized as if dancing a very complex dance, and even though she was fighting with everything she had, he was winning.

As she dodged the sword again, he grabbed her by the neck. She quickly kicked him on the stomach making him drop her. He smiled, and charged once more.

This had been going on for ten minutes, with nothing but Kali dodging Orochimaru’s blows amidst the chaos and debris created in their wake. He struck her on the shoulder, as he aimed for her heart. The hit sent her flying backwards. His attacks were becoming more powerful than before. The child in her arms cried out, panting she stopped and looked to her.

I have to save you. . . I have to make sure you get out of here alive . . . even if I don't!

As she look down to the infant, the man charged and struck before she could dodge. As she fell, her hood fell off, displaying her red eyes slowly changing to emerald, her long pink hair flew all over her face, her gaze never leaving the infant.

"Dum Vita Est, Spes Est!" Kali whispered, with a smirk, Orochimaru plunged the sword in her heart. The red aura intensified, slowly being drained with the sword.

Behind him, the infant rose in midair, a pillar of light reached the ceiling surrounding her. With the blinding light, he quickly made a dash to the infant, as he touched the light, his arms began to decay, with a flash, she was gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dum Vita Est, Spes Est = Latin for "As long as there is life, there is hope."

Last edited by Cheza; Feb 06, 2008 at 11:22 PM.
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Hey yoours is kind of like mine in terms of words, I use a lot of talking in my Sagasaki one, than i do with narrating, wow! Keep up the good work!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to highteckdudu For This Useful Post:

Cheza (Jan 30, 2008)

Thanks

Chapter 2 : In The Beginning

We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.

- Anonymous

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Doesn't matter what you call them, Yahweh - Ha-Satan, Kami - Ya ma, Jumala - Nija , Allah - Ibis, God - Devil --they're all the same. Well to a certain extend at the very least. Their true names have long been forgotten in the sands of time, but even today, everyone knows them as The Creator and The Destroyer.

Before hearing our story, there is one thing you must understand, in the old days, The Creator was wrathful, and The Destroyer was vengeful, both created and both destroyed, neither was very different, that's why together, they created the perfect balance. . . . The only simply difference between them, was that one liked the shadows, the other loved the light. When mortals were created, they feared the shadows, and in that fear, arose the fear of the Destroyer, and thus religion came to know both of them, often creating tall tales and exaggerating the facts about them. One great example would be their constant war on mortal souls, always portraying the destroyer as ambitious and wanting to win, in a way, the destroyer was much more comprehensible and forgiving than the creator ever was, but that was in the old days. . . .

When mortals and other creatures were created, they had been given the ability to choose and voice their own thoughts. I guess you can say this is when things started to go downhill, but i'm getting a bit ahead of myself, so let's go back to the beginning.
    It is said that the two gods were some of the first beings to exist and were merely bored when creation took place. Their first creation were nine planets that came to be known as The Nine Greater Realms. After that came, the Five Guardians, who were entrusted with Air, Water, Earth, Fire and the most important one, The Aether. They were the ones who help build shape and beauty to the different planets. But even though perfection surrounded them, everything was lonely. So the gods created many different races varying from mortals to elves.

But, even back then, mortals feared what they couldn't understand, and amidst all this, waged war and killed those who were different. As the planets guardians, The Five, unleashed their power as no one had ever seen. When war began, it was said that the wrath of them could not be contained, fire rained from the sky and earthquakes tored the land. Twisters and Tsunamis destroyed everything in their paths. And the Aether, brought the worst punishment, anything that angered it, ceased to exist. For this very reason, The Aether was sealed away. Without their leader, the other four spirits, chose to be sealed as well.

The gods could only watch, such immense power would've kill any they came in contact with, and seeing this as an obstacle, they created the first three Daemons, with the ability to walk the earth as a mortal but with powers of a god, they were to watch, guide, and protect the mortals from starting another war.

With their help, the war stopped, and once again peace engulfed them. Under the guidance of Tsunade, the brightest civilizations were born, always looking forward to inventing new things and new healing methods. Under Jiraiya's guidance, music and art were created. And lastly, under Orochimaru's guidance, science became known. After teaching for over a thousand years, the three Daemons were called back to the heavens, and so they banished.

Without the guidance, mortals forgot all that was taught to them and in doing so, evolved to think they no longer needed the gods. Plague raged and ruthless leaders were born, their greed to own and rule over everyone brought war amongst Eight of the Nine Greater realms for five hundred years. Angry at this, the Daemons took matters into their own hands, and punished the wicked by banishing them to The Shadowlands. A dimension between Heaven and Hell where the damned were taken, never to return to the world of the living, or move to a higher place of rest.
    But things had gotten out of hand, Orochimaru wanted complete destruction of the mortals, while Tsunade and Jiraiya wanted to give them a second chance. After many disputes between the three, Orochimaru left the trio and banished. The Daemon's powers were thrown off balance since he left, and so Jiraiya and Tsunade were sealed away by the creator to replenish their powers.

In their stead, three angels were sent to be messengers in the mortal world. The Prophecy, The Repentance, and The Warning, mostly known as The Angel of Time, The Angel of Virtue and The Angel of Death. When their message was ignored, Kali, Goddess of Rebirth was born. She had been entrusted to destroy sin, ignorance and decay, with the formidable power to stop time. Loki, The Angel of Death, was to help her by correcting all that was wrong, his formidable power was to destroy and claim the souls of the wicked, which he had to take to the underworld.

But instead of following the orders given to them, Loki and Kali took the souls unto themselves. Seeing this as a great sin, both were banned from the entry of heaven and were punished by living in the underworld for eternity. Tired of the continued failure, The Creator and The Destroyer made two last beings. Kushina and Minato. They achieved what none else had, and maintained the peace throughout their parents creation.

Several years later, on the night were the planets were perfectly aligned, two children were born. One was a boy, born to Minato and Kushina, the other was a girl, born to Loki and Kali.

The Celestial Heir was born with the mark of the Key, the one who would open the door to destruction, and the Underworld heir, was born with the mark of the fifth guardian, The Aether, the only being who could stop the end. When this was known, Loki seeked the gods but failed to receive an answer, upon his return to the underworld he made a gruesome discovery, he found his bride dead and his daughter gone. Without Daemons or Guardians to help, Orochimaru sealed the Creator and the Destroyer in two vessels, one was the Aether, the other was the Key.

Overcomed with madness, Orochimaru sought to make the Gods mortal, and therefore sealed them in the children; after that, he would kill and absorb their power.
    Loki sent his Four Hell Protectors to destroy Orochimaru, but by the time he was found, it was too late. Knowing his end would come soon, Loki decided to grant the infants with immortality, to stop Orochimaru from getting The Destroyer and Creator's power.

When the Daemon realized this, he tried to kill them sooner than he planned, but was stop by Loki. With newly attained powers, Orochimaru defeated Loki, absorbing the remainder of his soul. With his last breath, Loki brought back, Tsunade, and as last request, she fought Orochimaru. With little effort, the woman burned his mortal body leaving Orochimaru's soul to wander as punishment for his act. Without a body, the soul of Orochimaru entered a dormant stage, waiting for a vessel to come his way. She returned the Key and Aether under the care of Kushina and Minato.

One hundred years passed, and one day, a man wondered the forests of Purgatory. Sensing the aura of the living, the soul of Orochimaru awakened once more and took over the man's body. To fulfill his revenge, the resurrected wizard build an army of the banished creatures, and one by one, the Eight greater realms fell at at his feet.

Thanks

Chapter 3 : Visions

Aether:(Myth.) One of the primordial cosmic deities, personification of the upper sky
    a.k.a. The White Goddess . . . The Fifth Element

"It's cold here. . . . I'm . . . alone. . . ."

A young girl with long pink hair cried in the middle of a darkened room; her arms wrapped tightly around her legs.

". . . . I don't want to be alone anymore . . I - I want to go with Naruto . . ."

WAKE UP!

A strange light suddenly erupted around her as a soft voice called out to her from deep within her mind and soul. It always came to her, giving her advice, teaching her things it claimed she needed to know, but today was different. No advice came tonight, no sweet words of reassurance. In it's place, the voice had turned panicky. Fear quivered from it, with every passing minute.

He's coming! You can't let him get you, you have to find the other four and defeat him! You're much stronger than he is. . . you and the Key were their first living creation! He is nothing but a fool to think he can get your power! Now go, it's not use to lie here where he can get you. HURRY! HE'S COMING!

"No. . . I'm too weak. . . " The girl stuttered out calmly

Then let me take over!

"But what if -"

NO! I'm not letting him get you or me.

"You promise?"

Yes.

"Alright. . . Just - don't leave me alone . . ." The girl's voice trailed off before vanishing completely.

". . . You are not alone, Sakura." The second voice muttered as it took over her body.

SCCREEECCHHH

Sakura snapped her head up, her eyes glowing a deep red. The room was no longer dark, a light at the end blinded her, a silhouette of a man stood in the doorway. Recognizing the man, the girl was on her feet in a flash, grinding her teeth.

"Such Fear within the Aether's heart . . . unbelievable, to think you've fallen in disgrace since the old days." The man smirked out, "You're too pathetic, even for me to kill you - "

"I exist as a being without interruption in the cycle of life and death. . . I am the Aether, therefore "death" is not in my nature. . .I must live on to ensure peace for the rest - " Her voice rang throughout the room.

"Still fighting for them? That's why you've always been weak!"

"We will stop you!" She exclaimed expressionless.

"You actually think that mortals could defeat me?"

"Who are you calling a mortal, you weakling?!" Sakura snarled, a red aura around her was slowly covering her like a cloak. "I'm the Aether, comprehension of what I am is hard for someone like you."

With rage in her stare, she waved her hand in the air, a cold blast of icy wind reached the man, cutting his form in half with the force of the wind.

"Such power will soon be mine! Remember it, Sakura, you will die at my hands!" The man's voice and laugh echoed throughout the room. The girl doubled over as she grabbed her head and screamed in pain. The room was full of mysterious whispers. And the strong voice withing the young girl vanished, leaving only the frail child scared.

"Whe - Where are you?" Sakura yelled frantically as she turned all over the place in search. "I - I can't find you!"

As soon as those words left her lips, the noise stopped, and a ear-splitting shriek rang through her mind.

"SAKURA!"

A blonde teen with radiant blue eyes woke with a jerk and ran out of his room and straight to the next one. A soldier with a white porcelain mask stood at the end of the hall, when he noticed Naruto, he quickly ran to him.

"Naruto, what's wrong?" The soldier exclaimed bewildered

"Lift the barrier!" Naruto commanded at once as he pounded on the door, the barrier cracked.

Without hesitating, the soldier did several handseals and pressed his palm on the door. The door emitted a sound like glass breaking and opened; revealing Sakura's body floating in midair, the red aura surrounding her body protectively.

"Damn. . . . Naruto - wait!" The soldier commanded as Naruto dashed forward and with a white glowing hand, pressed it on her forehead.

Sakura's eyes shot opened, and she landed back on the bed, quickly to be engulfed in a hug from her brother.

"Sakura, are you okay?!"

"Ye- yes. . . It was another dream, Naruto."

"What dream?"

"It's nothing Kakashi." Naruto replied.

At this, the soldier removed his mask, his handsome face and narrowed eyes visible in the dark room. To many, Kakashi was someone to fear. To Sakura and Naruto, he was their bodyguard, teacher, and friend.

"Do you need anything Sakura?"

"No, I'm fine. It was just that the nightmare was so real. . it kinda shook me a bit." Sakura replied simply

"You sure I mean you were flo - "

"I think a stroll would do you good, c'mon." Kakashi cut Naruto off

As she walked out of the room, Kakashi turned to Naruto.

"Don't tell her anything."

"Why?"

"You're father and mother will explain tomorrow night, just let her rest right now, alright?"

" - but she was floating in midair! She -"

"Needs to rest, that's all." Kakashi muttered with finality.

With a glare, Naruto gave up and followed Sakura before regaining his usual arrogant composture. "See, if you would stop eating candy before going to bed, you wouldn't be having nightmares."

Sakura's eye twitched in annoyance. She was surprised he could be so immature sometimes, and kept walking to avoid his gaze.

Out of nowhere, a knife shot towards Sakura's face, Kakashi simply stretched his arm out, catching the knife an inch from her face.

"You're too loud." A red haired teen shouted from the garden. Without further hesitation, Sakura ran to give him a hug, only to be stopped by Kakashi, who had appeared between them.

"Gaara! What have we told you about trying to kill Sakura?" Kakashi growled out

"Calm down old man . . you know very well I could kill him faster than he could ever catch up to me." Sakura said peeking from behind her bodyguard.

Kakashi scoffed and leaned against the wall, ". . . When did you get back?"

". . . Couple of hours ago. . . ."

"I was worried you wouldn't be here for our birthday!"

"Why are you still awake?" Gaara continued timidly.

". . . I had a nightmare. A woman holding a baby, was fighting - " Sakura almost slapped herself for sounding like a five year old, Naruto's smile faded from his face.

". . . did you hear the voices too?" Gaara asked quietly

"How did you know?" Sakura and Naruto muttered with fear at the same time. Gaara simply went back to watching the stars.

". . . . . I've been having visions of the same thing. . . .it's starting to bother me even in my dreams. . .at first I would only heard someone calling me. . . I always tried to look for the person, but no one appeared. . . About a week ago, I started dreaming of a woman fighting. . . .then my mind faded, and I can't remember anything." Gaara explained, "Tonight. . .I had a vision. . .and of two people I'd never heard of before. . so that's what I'm doing here. . .trying to figure out who the hell Kali and Loki are - "

Kakashi froze on his spot, "Who told you those names?"

"So you know something - " Naruto grinned widely as he eyed his teacher with curiousity.

". . . Let's go, tomorrow's very important for the both of you - " Kakashi changed the subject and grabbed both teens by the collarneck, promptly dragging them behind him.

"C'mon old man tell us!" Sakura pleaded, her eyes glistening as she pouted.

Kakashi smiled at both of them, and with a flash, they were suddenly back in front of their rooms. "Sleep well."

"You can't order me - " Naruto growled out

"Wanna bet?" Kakashi muttered dangerously making the boy go in his room and glare.

"Naruto please do as your told." Sakura whispered pointedly with a smiled.

"Fine. . .but just so you know, I'm not doing it because I'm scared of you." Naruto stuck his tongue out at Kakashi before closing the door on his face.

Before heading back down the hallway, Kakashi placed a barrier around each room. As he walked by a large window on his way to the library, he saw two speeding figures run across a bridge that led to the woods and smacked his forehead.

"Snotty little brats aren't they?" A teen with long black hair spoke from the shadows, his red eyes glowing in the darkness.

"Takes one to know one huh Uchiha? . . . Go bring them back before they get killed." Kakashi commanded, with a nod the teen vanished on his spot.

Thanks

"So who do you think they are?" Sakura said as she ran behind Naruto across a small bridge and into the forest.

"C'mon you don't believe Gaara do you?"

"Well . . . he does have the power to foresee the future. . . You heard him, how could he be dreaming and having visions of the same thing we've been having?" Sakura inquired, "Maybe we should ask around. . .that man in my dream though. . .i've seen his face before - "

"Well that's proof enough for me. . .those people exist!" Naruto laughed excitedly as he started to walk up a tree. "By the way, I've been working on a technique. . .Jiraiya told me about it. . . he said my old man never finished it. Wanna see?" He finished as he jumped to the ground, landing perfectly next to her.

CRACK

Both teens stopped in their tracks and scanned the area.

"Let's go Naruto." Sakura whispered as she grabbed his hand and closed her eyes. "I'll show you what I learned."

When she opened her eyes, red replaced emerald, and with blurring speed she ran, turning at corners of the palace, as she neared their rooms, Kakashi jumped in front of them, making both teens scream and crash with him.

He simply picked them up by their wrists, glaring instensely.

"Having fun?"

Naruto turned to Sakura and smiled. Both kicked Kakashi in the stomach at the same time. Naruto made several handseals and slammed his palms on the floor, the ground under Kakashi began to swallow him up, only the head visible. With a laugh, Naruto and Sakura went back to their rooms. Unaware of two sets of eyes in the shadows of the corner. As they shut their doors, the trapped Kakashi, vanished with a poof of smoke.

". . .Hmph. . .they've gotten better." The figure with red eyes muttered.

". . . You're not different from them Uchiha. After all if it wasn't for Obito's request, I wouldn't even waste my time with a brat like you." Kakashi glared at the teen, making him scoff, "If the worst happens. . . you must protect the Aether. . . she is still too weak to fight. . . The Key on the other hand, is as strong as ever, even as we speak, his power is slowly returning. . . I have a feeling you'll become great friends with Naruto. . . I have to go. . .I have a meeting with the King and Queen." Kakashi said back to him as he doubled the barrier and went off on his way.

Stars shoned brightly against the nights sky. The wind blew by softly, creating ripples in the water fountain. All in all, night brought a peaceful feeling to the kingdom of the Eclipse. . . .A kingdom known for its strong fighters. But most of all, known for its beauty, starting with the great white castle standing in the middle of a large forest. Inside the royal grounds, gardens were adorned with exotic flowers that bloomed throughout the year, at night, the garden shined brightly with pixies and wood nymphs doing their duties to uphold nature to their full capacity. Ancient fountains laid scattered throughout, sending various sounds of running water. Each told stories of the ancient battles throughout time with carvings in ancient languages. Inside the castle, paintings hung everywhere, each portraying a story as well. Chandeliers hung throught the halls with lit candles that made the whole sight more beautiful and made the many marble columns and hallways gleamed at nighttime.

Sasuke Uchiha loved this place. He loved everything from the ancient fountains, to the tall trees that surrounded the palace. He especially loved, the way the stars could easily be seen. Back in his own realm, this wouldn't be possible. As an Uchiha, he had to always be perfect at everything he did. Which meant, constantly training and becoming powerful to fight for the King and Queen, so star gazing was out of the question. He had to be as powerful as Itachi, he had to be on the same level as him. But, Itachi was a prodigy dammit. Perfection seemed to be edged in his very genes, and everyone was suffocating him to be his twin. It was a pressure that he wanted to get rid of. Earlier, he had watched Naruto and Sakura, with envy, thinking they would didn't know how good they had it. He longed to have friends, longed to just lay back on the grassy garden and watch the stars, longed to be free to do what he wished. But only Itachi would understand that. . . even though he would constantly train, he would always made time for his younger brother. After all if it hadn't been for Itachi getting him out of trouble, he would never have gotten his first mission in this realm. If it hadn't been for Itachi, he never would've even be alive. Period. The End.

It was true, and sad. His parents - well his Father and Stepmother - sure as hell didn't care when they issued an order for Shusui Uchiha to kill him. If Itachi hadn't killed Shusui, Sasuke would've been dead right now. He could still remember the sound of Itachi's sword cutting the flesh straight to Shusui's heart. All he could do was watch and bite his lip to keep his scream from getting out of his throat. Then he remember his brother's face, he had killed his cousin and best friend. He watched as his brother fell to his knees shaking. Then he saw something he would never forget, he saw terror etched on Itachi's face. Itachi ran and hugged his younger brother, something he never did, Itachi Uchiha had hugged his brother and asked if he was okay. Sasuke could only stare at his brother's panicked face and then it was at the exact same moment when Itachi let him go and smiled that Sasuke had promised to never let his brother down, to become as strong as him. So when Itachi was in danger, he would save him.

As the eldest Uchiha male, Itachi was to become the heir. No one dared questioned his motives, no one dare show their doubt of his sanity even. It was true, although Itachi would constantly look like a stoic, serious figure who was unable to smile, joke, or even laugh; he was everything but that. It was as if he was leading a double life. He was always a stoic noble in the Elders eyes, in Sasuke's eyes he was gossipy, self-centered, rebellious, stubborn, lazy, and liked to pry in other people's affairs. And Sasuke wanted to be that, he worshipped his brother dammit! He loved everything Itachi was and he couldn't. He loved the idea of becoming as great as his brother. But to be stuck baby sitting? It was an outrage! How would he become strong by hanging out with those two clueless idiots?

SMACK!

"What the hell?" Sasuke yelled in anger as he grabbed his head, Itachi was smirking brightly and smacked Sasuke in the head again, making him move from his spot.

"What's on your mind kid?" Itachi sighed as he stared at the sky.

"What do mean, you freak?"

"I can tell when something's bothering you. . . I mean, you start twisting your head one way, then the other then you start talking to yourself. . . . Talk about disturbing, I mean, you're calling me a freak and you're the one talking to yourself incoherently." Itachi smirked with a raise eyebrow

"It's nothing."

". . . Ah. . .I thought it would be that. . .so you don't want to train with them?"

"How - I mean, No it's not that. . .It would be a great honor to train with them and of course with Kakashi-san - "

"But?" Itachi continued not looking at him.

"But. . it feels as if I'm gonna be babysitting them instead of fighting our real opponents like you're doing! I'm not weak and I don't want to be held back!" Sasuke growled out finally, then put his head down to avoid his brother.

Thanks

Silence passed between the two was slowly making him shake with nervousness, that is until Itachi laughed. ITACHI LAUGHED! Now for sure, Sasuke thought he had cracked under the pressure and was hallucinating, but sure enough, Itachi was laughing.

"Wanna trade? You want to be a strong warrior, and fight the enemy? . . . . It's not always about getting powerful Sasuke. . . If I had the chance get out of this war, I wouldn't hesitate to leave and take you somewhere better to live in peace."

"Then why don't you? You are the Uchiha heir! Why are you still fighting when you can be taking over the clan? Where you could send others to do the fighting for you?!" Sasuke exclaimed wildly.

"What example would I be giving my brother? Running away simply because you're scared will not solve anything." Itachi replied as he gave a small smile. "Victory and the like, obtained through power. . . is that how you rid yourself of fear? If you really want to free yourself from fear, strengthen your soul! . . . . Between you and me, I'm a little frightenened."

"You - YOU'RE scared?" Sasuke looked downright shocked as Itachi nodded.

"Aren't you?" Itachi asked as Sasuke pondered this for a while.

"No I'm not." Sasuke cried out.

"Fool. . . Fear leaves us only when we die. After all there is no such thing as a fearless person. . . .Everything is scary. . . especially something like power . . . when it comes within your grasp, do you know how to use it? Do you know what the consequences of you having that power will bring? . . .You have to learn that little brother." Itachi ruffled his hair and smirked again. "Some people are born to make a difference, you just have to find out what your purpose is. . . you have to find where you fit in. . . and I had a feeling that I needed you to be with those two for a while."

"Hmph. . . . what are you scared of, then Itachi?" Sasuke asked in a whisper.

". . . . . Isn't it obvious?" Itachi replied only to recieve a bewildered look, "Well. . . you're the boy that the woman who loved me the most left behind. You are my only connection to the time when things weren't like this. . .when I was given hope for a better future. . .you are the only thing that keeps me from going insane, and thinking that those times had all been a dream. . . .My fear is to loose that connection. . ."

Sasuke left his brother's face and looked down in shame. ". . . Do you remember her?"

"Of course, don't you - ?" Itachi stopped he had forgotten, "Sorry. . . "

"It's funny though. . . If I try hard enough I can remember how she sang songs and played with me. . . but that's about it. . . I can't even remember if she ever told me she - "

"She did. . . We were her treasures. . . her most beloved posessions. . . . and it tore her inside that Father didn't care about us. . . . .You know, I think now would be the time to give you this." Itachi searched through his pockets, taking out a small necklace, a small pendant in the shape of a Triple Crescent Moon with a bright red stone in the middle of the Full Moon. "Wear it at all times. . . I'll know you're okay with this. . . got it?"

"Thank You. . . " Sasuke replied avoiding his gaze again. Itachi flicked his forehead and walked away.

Note to Self : I will uphold my promise.

"Can I trust you to be a big boy and not cry while I'm gone?" Itachi teased from the other side of the courtyard before going in to the palace.

Note to Self : Disregard last note and kill him in his sleep!

A blonde man sat on a large library going through a pile of books, frustration edged in his face as he threw aside the thick book in his hands and grabbed another one. A man with white hair levitated next to him as he went over scrolls.

"It would help if you read them, Minato." said the older man with a worried gaze.

"I've read them all. . . I'm trying to see if I missed anything, Jiraiya." The blonde man retaliated as the door opened and Kakashi walked in. Seeing this as the perfect chance to rest, Minato promptly threw aside some book and leaned back on two feet of his chair.

". . . . . Sir. . . . the seals are weakening. We have to act fast - "

BANG!

Minato had, rather stupidly, fallen out of his chair. "W-what?"

". . . We don't have much time left. . . They've now started seeing Kali and the Dark Lord's fight. . . Naruto . . . Naruto broke the tripled barrier I set up in his room, when he sense Sakura was in danger! I placed a barrier before leaving them . ." Kakashi continued as he paced up and down the room.

Minato kicked aside a cushion on the floor and stopped as a woman slammed opened the door. Her furious gaze seemed more threatening with her long red hair, making her look stoic and strong. In truth, Queen Kushina was beyond furious that she had been injured. Her hand began to glow white, she gently pressed it against the slash on her arm, watching it disappear at her touch.

"Minato. . . Jupiter and Venus have been destroyed." She banged her fist on the table, breaking it in half, his face merely fell, with his shoulders sagging in defeat, he took his seat. "That only leaves Mercury, Saturn, Mars and us."

Jiraiya merely snapped his fingers and the table was fixed, "The stones?"

"I sent them to the Neutral realm." She breathed out as she sat next to Minato, her feet up on the table. "We need to plan our next move. The captains will be here in the next thirty seconds."

Kakashi smiled from behind his mask as several people morphed from the ground itself. Some out of thin air, and others from the shadows. Each lined up and knelt in front of Minato and Kushina, King and Queen of the Eclipse. . . Children of The Creator and The Destroyer.

Kushina smile at the people she had especially chosen to lead her army; Minato looked surprised and stared at her questioningly

"If I cannot move heaven I will raise hell" Kushina muttered to him as she stood up, she shot her arm in front of her, snapped her fingers. As she did, a round table sprung from the ground. Chairs shot up as well, each with a different number written in it.

"Soldiers, Report!"

I rock!

+ Reply to Thread