View Poll Results: Do you like my story?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I loved it, great job!

2 50.00%
  • It was ok.

2 50.00%
  • I absolutley hated it!

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After Dark (short story)

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

After Dark (short story)

PROLOUGE

Dinah Thorne was sitting in front of her psychologist Dr. Alban paying absolutely no attention to him what so ever. She was staring at his note pad that he always wrote on while talking to her. She had always wondered what it said, but could never get close enough to read it, or she was too busy wondering what she was going to wear tomorrow.

Dr. Alban: “Dinah, are we going to cooperate today or not?”

Dinah: “You know what doc? I am not even really sure of that myself.”

Dr. Alban: “I see we are not going anywhere so I guess I will go ahead and schedule your next appointment.”

Dr. Alban handed her a little card with the date of her next appointment, stuck his head out of his office and called in the next patient. Dinah wasn’t really sure at all why she bothered to come here. Did it really help her talking about her problems? She wasn’t sure. She walked slowly out of his office like she always did, got in her car and headed home.

Driving down the road she was humming along to her favorite band when a car ran a red light and almost side swiped her.

She punched her car horn as hard as she could, and stuck her head out the window.

Dinah: “WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?”

The car that ran out in front of her turned down a street before she could even finish which pissed her off even more than she already was. She floored the gas petal and sped off toward her house in a steady rage. Upon arriving she realized her mother wasn’t home yet, which meant there would be nothing good to eat.

She walked upstairs to her room and sulked down onto her bed. Why do I still live with my mother, thought Dinah.
    I am twenty four years old still living with my mother and visiting a psychologist regularly. What is wrong with me? The thing was Dinah knew very much what was wrong with her. She was crazy, or at least that was her conclusion. Dr. Alban described her condition as a so-called “life impairment”. Oh she heard those words too often…they were beginning to become bothersome.

Dinah woke up early the next morning. She turned over grumpily and saw the big red letters on her clock read 9:30 A.M., late for work again. She threw on her dirty converse (the only shoes she had), a plain black shirt, jeans, and headed out the door. She was in no hurry considering she was already late and every time she came in late (which was fairly often) her boss thought she had had an “episode”.

Dinah: “Hey Joe, I am finally here, sorry I am late (again).

Joe: “Oh it’s just fine Dinah. Don’t hurry your self now.”

With saying that he gave her pitiful look that said I am sorry you are a crazy person, I feel for you. She hated when people would do that to her. Regardless of her medical condition she was still quite normal…overly normal. She was more down to earth than people without a mental disorder.

After her shift was over she walked slowly out of the convenient store toward her car. While walking, Dinah failed to notice a huge rock protruding from the parking lot pavement. She clumsily stumbled over it falling to the ground.

Dinah: “Damn it!”

After cursing up a storm for about five minutes, Dinah looked up and saw that a very handsome stranger had been watching her. She felt so embarrassed. Dinah’s face immediately turned beet red.

Stranger: “Ha Ha, are you ok miss?”

Dinah: “I’m just fine, thanks though.”

Little did she notice, but Dinah was still sitting on the ground talking to a man she didn’t even know. She slowly stood up rubbing her knee a little.

Stranger: “You’re beautiful, did you know that?”

The stranger said smiling widely at her. You’re not too bad yourself y’know, thought Dinah. He had hazel eyes, with short, messy black hair. His skin was a creamy peach color, and he was probably about 5”11. Dinah just smiled at his remark and said thank you very softly.

Dinah: “So what’s your name, stranger?”

Stranger: “It’s Connor, and what might yours be, stranger?”

Dinah: “It’s Dinah, I know it’s a weird name, but my mother really likes it.”

Connor: “I don’t think it’s weird, I think it’s very beautiful, just like you.”

After saying that he smiled widely at her again and started to stroll off toward what looked like his car. She watched him drive off around the corner.
    Last edited by OfeliasFire; Jun 21, 2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Dear Dinah...

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: After Dark (short story)

Hmm... you've got a lill mistake at the end Kelly, because she asked his name ^^ I guess there is another re-writer here (like me ^^)

I liked this story very much, it's very interesting... haven't read anything like this before and couldn't have wrote something so mature myslef though her meeting a stranger who will probably change her life was something I waited there...

I'll vote for "Yes, I loved it, great job!" Because it's all true!!! It's a wonderfult work you've done here... waiting to find out what happens next!!! ^^
    Last edited by Lasura; Jun 22, 2007 at 12:28 AM.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: After Dark (short story)

CRAP! Sorry...yeah I need to edit that don't I?
    thanks for the compliments on the story though I really appreciate it...and I'll be writing more on it soon ^-^
    Dear Dinah...

+ Reply to Thread