+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Dawn

Otaku OfeliasFire is off to a good start OfeliasFire's Avatar
    Thanks

Black Dawn

Chapter One:

“There was an accident it couldn’t have been helped sir. Yes I know this a major problem, I know that better than anyone sir. Just calm down, we have them under control, they don’t even know how they got here yet, and they’ll never know, all they will know is that we made them, and they serve us. Yes I understand, sir. Goodbye.

At first I wasn’t sure what I had just heard, much less the importance of it. I heard the man’s footsteps coming toward my way, so I darted off around the corner to my station cubby. Everyone where I am is assigned a little cubby that is only big enough for a bed. I slid in mine quietly and shut the compartment door. I sat there in the dark for what seemed like forever, thinking, much like I did everyday.

Early the next morning my compartment door was flung open, and before I could do anything, two, big hands were dragging me by my thin shirt, down the cold floor. I screamed the whole way for the man to let go of me, but once he finally did let go, I scrambled back to his legs and held on for dear life. There were ten important-looking men sitting in a row of chairs in front of me. I started crying hysterically while flailing my arms about on the man who had carried me here. When I actually took a good look around me, not only were there ten men sitting in chairs, but standing next to one of them was a man in a white uniform.

The men in the chairs were looking at me with a hunger in their eyes. I could feel their stares all over my body like needles sticking me everywhere. I stood there facing them all, giving them the most disgusted, vile, pissed off look a twelve year old could muster up on their own. After what seemed like forever, one of the men finally spoke. His voice was slick with malice, and filled with things I never wished to hear, or experience.

Mysterious man: “let me see them and don’t dare scar her, I may decide to purchase her. I’ve always liked the fiery ones.”

I looked at him, puzzled and confused at his statement. What did he mean purchase?

The man in the white uniform stepped toward me, reaching for my shirt. I jumped back ready to defend myself when out of nowhere I heard a high pitch scraping sound. It sounded like metal scraping against metal magnified one hundred times its normal volume. I fell to my knees clutching my ears trying to stop that horrid sound flowing through the air. The man in the white uniform seized his chance, and ripped the thin piece of cloth from my frail, pale body. Every person in the room gasped as a pair of child-sized brown tinted, feathered wings sputtered from my back. They were twitched with my every movement, like they were a tail on a cat. I stood there half-naked trying in vain to cover my shame with the thin, pieces of cloth left of my shirt. The eyes of the men became even more hungry and animalistic as they gazed upon the feathered appendages coming from my back. I knew what they wanted. I knew what they had come here for. Something similar to this happened to a girl I had befriended when I first arrived here. I was coming back from the feeding quarters when I heard muffled scream coming from a room, around the corner of my cubby. I walked up to the door and heard hushed whispers, and cries. The door was slightly cracked just enough for me to peek inside. I leaned down and put my eye to the crack of the door. I saw my friend up against one of the walls, with one of the staff member’s hands to her throat, and his other hand holding both her hands above her head. Her eyes held pure fear. I wanted to do something, but I knew what would happen if I did. That would only be digging both of us a deep hole to be thrown in. She was trying to scream, but his hand blocked all of her unanswered pleas. No matter how hard she thrashed her body around, he held her to the wall like he was holding a piece of paper.

Staff member: “Quit screaming, fifteen, and I’ll take my hand off your mouth. When I take this hand off your mouth, if you scream, you will regret it, I promise you that.”

We didn’t have names, so they just called us by the number order of when we arrived here. She was the fifteenth, and I was the third. She was one of the lucky ones. The staff member gave her a stern look, and slowly took his hand away from her mouth, just to make sure she wasn’t going to pull a fast one on him. She looked at him, with terror in her eyes, taking deep choked breaths from crying.

Fifteen: “What did I do, why are you doing this to me. Please just let me go, please, please don’t kill me.”

She was crying her eyes out, and speaking one phrase at a time, she was hyperventilating from trying to talk and cry and the same time. The staff member looked her up and down with lust filled eyes. He ran his hands over her face as she pleaded, and begged him to let her go. He then slammed his mouth down upon hers. She tried to wriggle her head away but her arms that he held up were in the way. She then made the biggest mistake of her life. She bit down hard on his bottom lip and wouldn’t let go. When he finally managed to free his lip, he was fuming with anger, and blood was slowly streaking down his chin, onto the white uniform the staff members always wore. He took one of the hands holding her arms up, down and slapped her hard across the face.

Staff: “You little whore, I am going to teach you a lesson you’ll never forget!”

Fifteen: No, please, no please stop.”

He slapped her again, knocking her head against the wall. She wasn’t unconscious but she was slightly jarred. He reached down and slid his white uniform pants off and he rose up the bare-thread gowns they gave to us all. He covered her mouth once more, and I couldn’t watch anymore, I knew what was going to happen. I ran, I ran faster than I ever thought I could, back to my quiet cubby bed. I lay there that night, unable to sleep. Afraid they knew what I had seen. Afraid they knew what I had heard. The next morning I didn’t see fifteen anywhere. I checked her cubby, but another number had already occupied it. She was gone, and it was my entire fault. At least if I would have said something she wouldn’t have had to go through that. I cried all the next night. Soon they developed what they said we were to be addressed by from now on. We were now what they called Ressei.

They brought us all into a huge white room. They stripped us of our clothes. We were then lined up on a conveyer belt sort of machine. All you could hear were poorly muffled screams coming from the darkness on the other side of the machine. Once it was my turn to go through the darkness, there was a woman waiting there. In her hand she held a rod looking device, and in front of her was a flat, silver table. She motioned toward it, and I reluctantly lay upon it. The woman told me to turn over onto my stomach, and so I did. As soon I did this, tight buckles came from nowhere and held me fast to the table. I looked at her out of the little room I had to move my head. She turned a small knob on the rod device, and a blue light came from it. Leaning over me she spread my left wing down over my back, and on the area right below my shoulder blade, the woman branded an emblem with my number, and a name. The emblem she branded on me was a circle and in the middle was a DNA strand with wings coming from it, on either side of the DNA strand was the letters RCB. Later on I would come to find out these letters stood for Ressei Control bureau.

The staff members were angry about the brandings because that meant eventually they were going to be given orders to address us by our given names.

To be continued is chapter two which will be posted soon...
    Dear Dinah...

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Black Dawn

I liked it... it's very interesting... hmmm... I envy the fact that your descriptions are so very well written... wish I could write like that.
    And I'm very interestend in what happens next...

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    I liked it... it's very interesting... hmmm... I envy the fact that your descriptions are so very well written... wish I could write like that.
    And I'm very interestend in what happens next...

Thank you ^-^...if you like I could post chapter two right now...I already have it written and everything...I actually have chapter one through some of three written.
    Dear Dinah...

Thanks

Yes ^^ post it, I'd gladly read it ^^ A weird thing to ask actually, the only thing you need to post the next chapter is just one comment so you wouldn't be breaking the rule of non-double posting. ^^

Thanks

Chapter Two:

Two mornings after the branding ceremony, my compartment door was once again flung open, and I was dragged out. I went screaming the whole way there. I was back in the room that once contained those ten men, but this time it only contained two men. One was the man who had asked to look at my wings, and the other was the man in the white uniform. I stood there giving both of them, another horrible look, just like I had the other day. The important looking man handed the white uniformed man a plump stack of rectangular, narrow, neon blue parchment. This was what the staff members called currency. In return for the currency, the white uniformed man handed the other man a tiny white remote.

I stand there looking puzzled again. Then the important looking man gets up and walks toward me. I try and run, but as soon as I get started I hear that vile scraping sound again. I look up and see the man pressing something on the white remote. I then understand, it was that remote that was making that horrid sound. As I lay on the floor clenching my ears, the man seized me by the hair bringing me to my feet. He grabbed my face with his other hand and brought his close mine.

Important man: “Look here you little rat, I have paid for you, and I own you now. You will be a good little girl, or else I will have to pull this remote out again.” I spit in his face, and he stood there for a minute, shock on his face, he did something I didn’t expect, took out a white piece of cloth and wiped the saliva off his face, he then spit back in my face.

Important man: “You may not like it, but you are mine, and you will do as I say. I will beat you as much as I have to. I will do whatever it takes to make you cooperative, or you could just do what I say and we can forget the beatings.”

I looked him dead in the eyes, and at first was furious, but then I started thinking rationally. He would end up killing me if I didn’t do what he said. Maybe he could give me some answers to where I came from, or even why I am in this place.

I gave the most innocent look I could find through all my anger, and agreed. He smiled a smile of triumph. I hated that smile. He took his hand from my face, but didn’t let go of my hair. Instead he just looked down at me smiling, and went on dragging me screaming all the way down the hall into his vehicle. He tossed me into a tiny compartment of it, that he called the trunk. I thrashed my limbs around, screamed, and cried until I thought I would shrivel and dry up from the loss of water. We came to a sudden stop, and I hit my head on something hard. Everything went black, and I could feel myself fall.

Roger Vance. That was his name, and that was exactly what I was not supposed to call him. He made clear orders to me to address him by sir, and that if he ever heard me utter his name, I would never utter anything again. It had been six long months. It was even worse than being at RCB. There all I had to do was just wander around and talk to other Ressei, but here I had to attend to sir’s every need. He had many needs for only one man. I hated him with a passion, but what I hated more than him, was his smile. He knew just as well as I did how I longed to bash him in the head, but couldn’t because of the power he held over me.

I pledged to myself that one day I would rip that smile clean off his vile face.

He was a pig, no, he was worse than a pig. I could hear him with the maids every night. They would plead to be released and instead he would just laugh and have his way with them. I always wondered why he never summoned me to his room various times throughout the night like he did with the others. They were just as curious as I was. They were not only curious, but angry at me because I was subjected to the same torture. They hated me with all their being. I assumed it was because I was of Ressei blood that he never summoned upon me. Every maid except me were what they told me to address them by, but sir called them humans when he thought I wasn’t listening. So I began to learn the differences between Ressei and humans. We were very much different, but also very much alike. It seemed the only noticeable difference in them, and us were that we had wings, and they didn’t.

It would seem the maids though didn’t see it that way. They treated me worse than sir did. My wings were getting big so I had to cut holes in the back of my shirt, because they were too big to keep against my back, so I just let them free. The maids tugged and sometimes would jerk feathers out of my wings. They pushed me, and would sometimes even go as far as to make a mess and blame me for it.

This all changed one evening though. I was cleaning sir’s feeding quarters when I noticed all the maids rushing to the front of the house. I put down my washer, and walked to the front house window. In the walk way to the house there was a girl about my age with long, bright red hair, and deep-set green eyes. Just like he had me, sir was dragging her by the hair of the head. He hadn’t noticed us at the windows, but once he began getting closer to the house we all went back to our tasks.

I was scrubbing the floor, anxiously waiting for the door to open so I could meet her. Maybe we could become what these humans called friends. It was where they sat together and talked, and laughed with each other. I suspected it was better company than a shadow of your self.

A few seconds later sir opened the door, and tossed the girl to the ground.

Sir: “FALLON! COME HERE AND TAKE CARE OF THIS PIECE OF TRASH!”

It was kind of funny how he called all the maids trash, yet he seemed to like something about them a lot every night. I came running from the feeding quarters, and shot him a murderous glare, while helping the red haired girl from the floor.

Sir: “Look at me like that again, I dare you.”

He gave me that smile, the smile he only gives me when he knows that I know, he’s not bluffing.

Me: “Yes sir, I’ll take care of her, and show her what she is supposed to do.”

Replying with that through gritted teeth he flashed me a smile I’ve never seen before, and grabbed me around the waist with one arm. He lowered his mouth to my ear.

Sir: “You be sure to take good care of her now, because sooner or later, it’s either you or her. So I would start deciding now. The only friend you’ll ever have, or you.”

With saying that he gave a malicious laugh that only I could hear. A cold wave went through my entire being. It spread from the muscles in my feet, all the way through the indentions of my brain. I turned up my face to look at his, and I saw that smile. He glided away silently without another word.

I looked down at the poor red haired girl. Her face was stained with hours of tears. Her hands were cracked and bleeding, probably from all the thrashing she did in the trunk, and she had a slight bruise on her cheek, from where sir had probably slapped some sense into her.
    Dear Dinah...

Thanks

Nicey ^^ I read this with great interest and I'm really looking forward to what happens next!!! ^^

You've done a great work with describing this Roger Vance, and the girls hate to him, that's what made this chapter that interesting... I really admire you doing this... Your characters are really interesting personalities...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Nicey ^^ I read this with great interest and I'm really looking forward to what happens next!!! ^^

You've done a great work with describing this Roger Vance, and the girls hate to him, that's what made this chapter that interesting... I really admire you doing this... Your characters are really interesting personalities...

Yeah I try to make each of my characters as different as possible. Alot of Fallon's personality is of my own. I am strong willed like her...hard headed as well lol. I also wanted to portray Roger as pretty much satan himself. I'll post chapter three whenever someone replies!
    Dear Dinah...

Newbie ME2LOL is off to a good start ME2LOL's Avatar
    Thanks

Yah more more more lol i like it lol... get more plz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast