+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bry's Manga Projects

Newbie btuvs is off to a good start btuvs's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Bry's Manga Projects

Hello! I am Bry and I'm a struggling amateur mangaka, well actually I'm still learning I am also known as B.Tuvs, if you are a Saber Marionette surfer, I bet you may have stumbled upon my web site already :P I also go ny my pen name B-Werx, I also have a web site for my manga works, but it's not that famous

I'm not sure where I should put my works, but I guess this is the place to start. I hope to share some of my works with people who are interested in animes like me

This is one of my pilot manga chapter for my recently named "GIRL PROJECT Code L"

The story is about a guy who developed a special motor system for androids allowing them to be more powerful and ultra fast, for short it turns androids into ideal killing, destroying machines. But a smart robotics engineer harnessed all the guy’s talents and placed them into three extra ordinary androids and concealed the technology in them, only when things get worse they are able to awaken the great capability hidden in them.

Not bad for a synopsis huh? I hope you guys enjoy reading my works

please leave your comments about my works, and what you think I can do to improve my drawing and story telling style.
    "Ever wonder how it feels like to have a cute girl haunting your closet?"

Administrator magnaman is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Bry's Manga Projects

This is great. I always love to see people display their talents. AO should have a forum where people can use to show off their work and have others comment on it. Maybe even have a contest where the winner get his/her own thread to post their series of works. Imagine that, the first AO Manga could be you? =)

Anyways, I like the artwork, the story also has potential as you could write a few episodes around the main female character. Is she is a robot? Or maybe she is just some sort of superhero? Can't wait for the next episode.

Thanks

Exclamation Bry's Manga Projects are all hand drawn!!!

Thanks for the comment, I uploaded these pages on the comic gallery, but I guess they rejected it, dunno why

If you people are asking me if this is hand drawn, my answer is YES! It's all hand drawn, I didn't scan them from a published manga or any of the sort. I just happen to like drawing and I have developed my drawing skill into drawing manga style. I think I'm still a little far from being a pro that's why I want others to see my preliminary works and tell if my illustrations could pass as Pro Mangaka. If you guys want to see more of "Girl Project Code L" I would love to post more when I finished making the new pages, untill then please tell me your comments, I would love to hear from you!

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow this is really good. The art is pretty good, the back grounds could be a little more in some of the panels. You might want to change the texture or the shade of gray in either the boys or the girls because they kind of blend. The story as peaked my interest and I am very curious to see more so please post more when you can.

Just a quick question but what program did you use to clean it up?

I'm just me.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

The synopsis is a bit too familiar, but I like the way you're taking it. The style and the art isn't bad, either. And it has a nice, web-comiccy feel... I'm not sure how other people will take to that, though.

All I can say right now is... Try experimenting with the panels more. I'll come up with something else later. ;p

PS: Nice upskirt shot. Heh heh...
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Thanks

Post Re: Bry's Manga Projects

Haha, I'm still in the process of learning to draw manga. Thanks for your comments, I am still experimenting with a lot of stuff with my drawing style and I think I still got a lot more to go through to be in the levels of Pros. It's been my dream to be a Real Mangaka ever since I got into animes.

Ummm... If you're gonna ask me of the program I used to clean the scanned images, my answer is I used Adobe Photoshop. Before Photoshop, I also used Adobe Photo Deluxe (it comes free with a new scanner). The trick is, first you scan the image and set the resolution to 300dpi or higher. Then on Photoshop I use the "Levels" adjustment to clear out unwanted grey areas leaving out the white background and the black ink outlines. I also remove extra lines and uncleaned pencil outlines from the image to make it look more clean

About the plot... The story idea came in through a dream, I guess it's the product of my playful mind after watching so many animes. It has the web comicky feel, because I put the tones using Photoshop and I still haven't mastered digital toning, I'm still under the learning process with that part too.

I'm happy to receive your comment's because it helps me develop on the things I'm still not good at. Hopefully I'll be able to post some more parts of this manga project of mine when I finished the other pages. Keep an eye out for that

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Looking forward to see more of your works!

Oh, and to clarify that panels comment... Try using panels that aren't closed, or panels that aren't proprotionate to eeach other. Like, this one's a little shorter than all the other ones... GO wild with stuff like that! You might discover something. Oh, and try experimenting with camera angels too...

Oh, and I like how you've distinguished certain "major" panels from other ones with the background. You might try incorporating some characters into that background... I'm not saying you have to, and I've seen quite mediocre usages of that technique, but it's worked out quite well in a few manga I've read.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

Thanks

Exclamation Re: Bry's Manga Projects

Hello! I'm back to bring you more of my works Well, this work was previously (and still is) featured in my other threads, I hope to share it to you guys here , I know it's still a bit off, but I hope you guys like the story. It is a side story for my Manga project that I called "Girl Project" apart from the manga preview I posted here earlier, this is another part of the same story plot, but this time most of the main characters appear, naming, Elle (as you all know), Genma, Em, En, Zeta and Alpha. The appearance of a new Droid Project proved to be a pain in Elle's neck, and now she is compelled to destroy Alpha when she started babbling that she would kill Genma. The story a pretty sketchy piece at the moment because I'm still experimenting with my drawing technique, I hope you guys like it.

Please don't be shy to tell me your comments, happy reading!

Please click on the links below to see the pages.

Cover Page 01 Page 02 Page 03 Page 04 Page 05 Page 06

I'll be Posting other pages soon, so keep an eye out for them!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast