+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Choose your own adventure - Fanfic

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Choose your own adventure - Fanfic

Just thought I gave this fanfic thing a try while I'm on break from school. I think this is a first for this forum, a fanfic where the readers are given choices in the story as it progresses. Bear with me this is going to be very dumb at times and corny, but I hope to make it as fun as possible for those who reads this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

"Finally..." you muttered, pulling your car into the garage. It's January 2, most of the workforce are back cluttering the highways at 5 pm. You have never been so happy to be home. The recent housing market didn't make your job a whole lot easier for you, making homes harder to sell than American Dad dvds.

Things didn't get a whole lot better going through the mail, bills, bills bills...

"Internet...30 bucks...Electric bill...28 dollars....Cable tv....$75 BUCKS?!"

"Why the hell is is $25 more than usual? I don't remember ordering Asian Invasion 4 on Pay-per...oh..." you stopped thinking that it was probably your uncle Henry ordered it when he visited during Christmas. At the same time you realized that your dog has been staring at you the whole time while you were talking to yourself.

Rudy is probably the last link to your high school days, besides your wife who was on a business trip. He was just a very small puppy were you first found him, and boy did he grow...

Television didn't help at all that night, with almost nothing but crap on tv. The Tostitos Bowl, Deal or No Deal, CSI: Seattle, and....local news. Slowly you dozed off as the anchorwoman gave today's headlines:

Girl loses Hannah Montana tix for lying about father's death in Iraq...Crude Oil hits $100 per barrel....authorities looking for escaped...

BEEEEEEEEEEEET! A loud noise from the televsion made up jump up from the sofa immediately. It was only an amber alert, asking people to be on the look out for a kidnapped young girl. You laid back down while waiting the alert to play out, trying to make out the time on the clock...

(9:00 or 12:45?) Pretty hard to tell with the tv being the only thing illuminating the room. Just when you are about to doze off again, the sound of glass breaking upstairs got you totally awake now. What did the stupid mutt do this time...

Rudy? RUDY? No response.

----------------------------------------------------------
    What do you do?

Will continue with a story for each choice some other time.
    Last edited by Legend; Jan 04, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Choose your own adventure - Fanfic

ummm, so can I choose first?? This might turn out to be a great story. Well i would choose to go find Rudy.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    ummm, so can I choose first?? This might turn out to be a great story. Well i would choose to go find Rudy.
    Lol, yes you can choose whatever you want. It doesn't really matter what you choose actually, because I guess I'll write a contiuation for all three choices..

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

wowo a continuation for all three! You sure will be very busy! I'm not going to choose! Be cause i hate choosing, but i will read it! good luck to you!
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Lol, yes you can choose whatever you want. It doesn't really matter what you choose actually, because I guess I'll write a contiuation for all three choices..
    Ph okay then like i said i will choose to go find Rudy....(gun...hmmm who know what might happen with a gun...O.O)

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

---------------------------------------------------
    Go Find Rudy

"Rudy, where are you boy?"

You didn't expect Rudy to be very obedient since he'd be hiding from you. The kitchen was checked first. Lights on, no Rudy. No broken glass in this room, and the clock says "9:10". The television was still on, by now you no longer hear it as it was drowned out by the sound of light rain outside the window.

The outline of Rudy's dog house in the yard can be seen from the kitchen window, and you see that the pet door was unlocked.

Do you:

Search for Rudy in the back yard? CLICK HERE
    or
    Go upstairs to search for Rudy? CLICK HERE

Find source of the sound.

The sound seems to have came from upstairs. From the drizzling outside the window, you know it wasn't the neighborhood kids' baseball that did it. You decided to grab your jacket from the studies room before heading upstairs. Quickly putting your jacket on, you can't help but to notice the old Remington shotgun on the wall. It was a wedding gift from your dad, who decided to give it to you after using it for 20 years.

It seemed like a really stupid gift at that time, but now that he's gone, you treasure the gun more than anything. Of course, your wife doesn't know that...At the bottom of the stairs you flip the switch on, but the light bulb when on as quickly as it went back off. A dead bulb.

At the back of your mind, you can already hear your wife's voice, "I told you we should have went to halogen bulbs. Don't say I didn't tell you so."

"Oh, shut up Connie." You muttered under your breath as you walked up the stairs. Getting upstairs you turn on the hallway lights.

Do you:

Check the master bedroom?
    or
    Check the bathroom and then the guestroom?

Getting the handgun from the storage closet.

Getting the gun from the closet was a snap, but you hope that you never have to use it when you got it a few years back, especially if your wife was home. You left half of your body outside the closet to listen for more noises as you slided the clip into the gun. Keeping the safety on, you slowly shut the closet door...

Just then, the power to the house goes out. Lights are off, tv is off. Now the sound of the rain is king.

"shit man, can't my luck get any worse?" You take out your cell phone and turned on the flash that came with the camera. It lights up, but you can barely see anything beyond three feet away.

(after the contract is over, I'm switching over to a Japanese phone...)

Do you now:

Go upstairs to the second floor?
    or
    Go grab a flashlight from your studies first before continuing?

As I have said before, it doesn't matter what choice you choose, as I will write a story for all of them. However, still choose wisely, as some choices might end on a sour note.
    Last edited by Legend; Jan 17, 2008 at 12:27 AM.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

So, I'm guessing "Go find Rudy" was the winner? Which means we choose from the first set of options?

I've seen this kinda thing done on 1 other forum, & it turned into the longest running series of topics to this day, each part getting so many responses it needed a new topic for each part. While this one is off to a slower start, I hope it speeds up for you.

Normally the writer would just post the answer to the winning option, but I guess you can post for all of them. Just be careful you don't overwhelm your self. Don't want to see this thing end cause you burnt out...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    So, I'm guessing "Go find Rudy" was the winner? Which means we choose from the first set of options?

I've seen this kinda thing done on 1 other forum, & it turned into the longest running series of topics to this day, each part getting so many responses it needed a new topic for each part. While this one is off to a slower start, I hope it speeds up for you.

Normally the writer would just post the answer to the winning option, but I guess you can post for all of them. Just be careful you don't overwhelm your self. Don't want to see this thing end cause you burnt out...

You folks must have never read one of those choose your own adventure books. There are no "winner" choices. It doesn't matter who choose what. All you have to do is make sure if you make one choice you stick with that one and read correspondingly and not read the other choices, otherwise it would confuse the story for you.

EDIT: I have just added link to the choices of older "pages" that way people don't have to read through all the comments to find their next story line.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast