+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Pair Fanfiction

The Keiman of Anime keimanzero is off to a good start keimanzero's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 136-Part 2

Here's Ch 136-Part 2-K&K

"Star! That's ketchup!" cried Robin.

"Is there more?" asked the Tamaranian hopefully.

"Just bring her some oatmeal, toast and milk, Ami. Same for me and coffee, please." said Arkton, her brother.

Kei had made a slight detour on the way downstairs, wanting to get a look at these two 'Unit 9 cops' Yuri was blathering about. Han unlocked the cell block doors and admitted the redhead to the brig.

"At last! Do you have orders to release us, girl?" demanded the Major in a haughty tone.

"Yeah. Just where in Hell is your Boss Lady, 'Reds'?" Batou wanted to know.

"You're right, Han. They are a couple of clowns." agreed Kei with a smile.

The Major's face went bright vermillion. "I've had just about enough of this crap, child! I demand to see your superior officer, girl and I mean now!" said Major Kucinagi sternly.

"Where the Hell is this Admiral O'Halloran anyway? Send the bitch in to see us and that's an order, dollface!" yelled Captain Batou angrily.

Han Solo roared with laughter and unconcealed mirth.

"Oro's so frigging funny, Solo?" cried the Major.

"Yeah, pal. Let us in on the joke too!" said the blonded dude.

"Permit me to introduce you to our commanding officer, Admiral Kei O'Halloran of the 3WA and the United Galactica Federation of Galaxies. Kei, meet Major Makoto Kucinagi and her aide Captain Batou of Unit 9 in Neo Tokyo, Terran Japan circa AD 2030." explained Solo.

"Oro kind of a joke is this, Solo? She's only a kid for Christ's sake!" yelled Batou.

Solo raised his voice a bit. "Oh 'CC', could you onegai tell us who is in command of this starship?" he asked.

"Admiral Kei O'Halloran as you well know, Captain Solo, sir." replied 'CC' patiently.

"See?" said Han.

"We stand corrected. Please forgive us, sir, ma'am." apologized the Major.

Kei shrugged off her apology. "Forget it. We all make mistakes. If I agree to release you two, do I have your words that you and the captain here won't cause me any grief?" asked the redhead.

The Major nodded. "You have our words, ma'am. Er, our weapons?" she asked.

"They'll be returned to you once we reach our home base." replied the Boss.

"And that home base is where exactly, Madam Admiral?" demanded Batou.

"Christ! Call me Kei, willya? I ain't some old biddy ya know! Anyway our home world is 'Shimougou', an 'M Class' planet in the Aquarian Galaxy some two thousand light years away. I am sorry but I'm afraid the voyage will take us a few weeks." was Kei's response.

Anticipating the next question, she added "Thirty or forty times the speed of light, kiddies. Han, release them and have 'em brought to the rec room by ten hundred." said the 'Angel 2's' chief officer.

"Roger that, 'Reds' and willco. See ya later." drawled Solo.

Meanwhile up in Kei's ready room Kiva had put a relay call through to her own 'Starfleet' superior Admiral Katherine Janeway affectionately known as 'Lady K' and less affectionately as the 'Dragon Lady'.

"Yes, Captain? You have news for us I take it?" asked the admiral.

"Yes, mum. O'Halloran has fired the 'God Gun' and sealed up the rift so things should soon start returning to normal. Many of our guests have already returned to their own times and lands, mum. However--" Janeway sensed Kiva Nerese's hesitation.

"Go on, Kiva." she coaxed gently.

"Just before of just after that rift closed, two more persons came through it. Cyborgs from Terran Japan circa AD 2030. They claim to be Unit 9 cops. 'Lady K'- they can both 'cloak' at will! Such an ability would be invaluable not to mention priceless to 'Starfleet'. If we--" began Kiva eagerly.

"Negative, Captain Nerese! They are from a different time and place entirely. We must not interfere with them. Where are they now, Kiva?" replied Janeway.

"Ensign Angel put 'em in the brig last night. It's up to the admiral to decide whether or not to release them, I suppose, mum. Wait a sec- Blast! Someone's coming, mum. Nerese out." said Kiva, hurriedly blanking her vidscreen.

The door whooshed open and Kei entered the bridge room. Kiva rose to her feet and began a salute but Kei waved her back into her chair.

"At ease, kiddo. I only came in to remind ya to keep a vidscreen activated so you can see the meeting. You got anything to ask me, Kiva?" said the redhead.

"Yes, I do. Exactly where are we now and when are we leaving for home?" demanded the svelte 'Starfleet' officer.

Kei blew a smoke ring or two before answering her. "We are presently orbiting Terra somewhere above the Arctic Circle I believe. Later today we'll be leaving for 'Furool City' on 'Shimougou'. I've already made arrangements with Kirk and Pike to allow you and the 'Coriander' to accompany us there. I'm surprised the 'Dragon Lady' didn't tell you that when you called her a few minutes ago." said the Boss.

"How the devil did you--" spluttered a flustered Kiva Nerese.

"All calls on my ship are monitored. I knew you'd called the 'Dragon Lady' but I did not listen in on your conversation. So you see- there is absolutely nothing that goes on aboard the 'Angel' that I don't know about, Kiva. Any objections to your remaining with us for a few more weeks?" asked Kei.

"None whatsoever, Admiral. See you at lunch later?" inquired Kiva.

"Dunno about that, kiddo. I'm on a pretty tight schedule but we'll see. Carry on. Ja ne." replied the admiral.

Kei's next port o' call was the Engineering deck. Cyborg, the two Doctors, Saavik, K-9, the Mugghis and Nammos were all hard at work when she got there.

"Hi guys. Er, not too much damage to the core or the engines?" she asked hopefully.

"Hi there, Boss. You sure did a real number on the thrusters with that 'God Gun' blast, man!" replied Cyborg.

"And going to Warp forty in less than fifty seconds didn't help the warp core much either, girl." agreed Saavik.

"The impulse engines' coolant drives are at perilously high levels as well, Mistress O'Halloran." put in K-9.

"Starship engines on ships as ancient as this one were not made to endure such punishment, Boss Lady!" cried Doctor 4.

"You are all quite lucky that this piece of rubbish has stayed together at all after your littlew fiasco with that continuum vortex, young woman!" added Doctor 2 vexedly.

"Cut to the chase gus. When can we lift off?" asked the exasperated redhead.

"Well certainly not today, my dear!" said the 'little fellow'.

That's for damned sure." agreed Saavik.

"Perhaps late tomorrow afternoon." suggested the taller time lord.

"More like sometime tomorrow night! Have you seen those breather coils in the ancillary nacelle thruster pods? That'll be a six hour job in itself, man!" yelled Cyborg.

"I calculate that repairs to all aspects of this conveyance will take 38.92 solar hours (over a day and a half) to complete, Mistress." announced K-9.

"And that's only if nobody keeps bothering us every five goldarn minutes!" grumbled the Chief Engineer. Kei frowned.

"You've got 24 hours and that's all! I want this ship ready to leave orbit by ten hundred hours ashita morning! Got that?" commanded the admiral.

That was greeted by a universal groan of complaint.

"We'll do our best, Boss." siad Doctor 4.

"Arigatou. Much appreciated." growled Kei and she left for Level Six.

Kiva's clean-up crew under the supervision of Lance Corporal George Armstrong and his team leaders Andrew Wilkins and Treanna Knox had finally finished their arduous task of ceaning and polishing the inside of the 'God Gun'.

"Hi, Boss. I sure as Hell hope to Christ you never have to fire that damned thing again! That was like cleaning a giant-sized version of WWII Terra's 'Big Bertha' howitzer gun that the Doctors and Master Splinter told us about!" said George.

"Good job, George. Your team's the greatest. After our ten hundred meeting, onegai take your team down to Engineering and see if you guys can give Cyborg a hand with the repairs to the ship. I want her up and running and ready-to-go by ashita so keep up the good work. See you later." replied the redhead.

On her way back to the lift Kei answered a trilling from the bridge.

"Hai? Kei here. Oro?" she trilled back and listened.

"Er, sorry to bother you, ma'am. Kitty here, er, I mean Subaltern Sandoval, acting commofficer" trilled Sandra Sandoval.

"Hai er yes, Kitty? Oro's your problem?" trilled the admiral.

"An urgent priority signal has just been relayed from both Alderaan and Shimougou for you. Someone the skipper (Kiva) called the 'G Twins'. It's an 'FYEO' signal and it's coded somehow. Should I relay it to your office (ready room)?" asked Kitty.

"Oro the Hell is an 'FYEO' signal, Kitty?" asked Kei.

" 'For Your Eyes Only', ma'am." replied Sandra.

"OK. Put it through to my ready room on Vidscreen 2. I'm on my way up now. Kei out." trilled the c.o.

Less than a minute later, Kei was seated at her desk pawing through vidchips like mad. Kei was frantic. The 'G Twins' wouldn't code a signal unless it was really like super-important and she couldn't even view the shimatta thing without today's code chip to unlock it!

"Ah, there it is at last!" she mused aloud and inserted the chip into the slot below Vidscreen 2.

Kei took one look and did a double-take! There was Andy Gooley and there was Charlie 'Chuckie' Garner but the 'Dragon Lady', Kirk, Pike, Bond ('Galactic Command' chief), Johnny Raven ('ISSP' Ganymede chief), Dave Donnelly ('ISSP' Mars chief), Gordon (Kei could not for the life of her remember oro the Hell he was big cheese in!), the disembodied head of Rathie and even Vittorio Galadriel himself (Supreme and mighty chief of 'UG' and the 3WA!) were there as well!

"Gomen er onegai excuse my delay in responding to your signal, gentlemen, mum but I was checking out the cannon's clean-up crew. Then I had to find this shimatta code chip for--" spluttered Kei.

Cont in Ch 136-Part 3
    SFN and have a great day. Kami bless you all and see ya soon. Toodles-K&K

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 136-Part 3

Here's the abbreviated final part 3 of Ch 136-K&K

"Never mind all that now, Katie! You said that you had the big sonic gun thingy cleaned? Good because you will be firing it once again, I'm afraid." said Gooley quietly and Kei stared at the screen in open-mouthed shock!

End Chapter 136. Ch 137 soon. Have a nice day and please r/r/s away. Toodles and Sayonara for now-K&K

Cont in Ch 137

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 137-Part 1

Here's Ch 137-Pt 1-K&K

DISCLAIMER: OK Makoto, it's all yours! First, thank you to Mr. T. for the use of the Angels. Thanks to everyone else who is letting us use their creations. How was that, Yuri? Great! Oh yes it was, Kei! Well, we left you up in the air so let's get to Chapter 137 without further preamble:-

Chapter 137

'Who's Left?' or 'Once More Into the Breach'

"You've gotta be kidding, Chief! That forty warp joyride to outrun that last shockwave almost cooked the core! It really screwed up the thrusters and did a real number on our impulse engines, man! I cannot possibly move this shimatta ship before ashita!" yelled the redheaded firebrand angrily.

"That just may be too late, young woman!" piped up a new voice which was vaguely familiar- a voice guttural and very Germanic!

"Pardon der intrusion, gentlemen, mum. Miss O'Halloran, I am Doktor Wolf Von Bork, Doktor 'Q's associate in 2140 AD. It ist quite imperative that your 'Gott Gunn' be fired again at Proof 85 (85 power) within twelve hours, that is- before 0530 hours tomorrow morning your time. Look at der monitors bitte (please). See das quasar mass due East of Seto Kaiba? Das ist 'Xerxes' where der new anomaly rift has just appeared. Dis one was apparently lying dormant but ist now feeding on 'chi'(key) energy from a nearby schwartz er black hole in space. It was through dis vortex dat der Major Kucinagi und Captain Batou along mit der Tachikoma thingy were hurled und ended up on your doorstep, Miss Reds. Doktor 'Q' has calculated a trajectory path for you to use when you fire der cannon into dis void. It must be done mit all possible speed, my dear. Any questions?" said Von Bork.

"Do we gotta evac the passengers to the shuttles and ships again, Doc?" demanded Kei.

The Teuton looked grim as death when he nodded to her.

"Ja, Fraulein Admiral. Das ist most imperative. In order to escape der shockwave dis time you vill need to be as light as possible. You vill need all der warp thruster speed you can muster up as you vill have only vier er four minutes to outrun it this time around." replied Von Bork.

"And we're gonna need a ship's manifest from you showing exactly who is left aboard the 'Angel', Katie and we'll be needing it stat. Understood?" said TSC Charles Augustus Garner.

Kei nodded abstractedly. "I've already called for an extraordinary meeting at ten hundred, Charlie. I'll get Yuri and Alley to draw up a roster and vidfax it to you afterwards." replied the Red Admiral.

Kei made as if to ask a question but Von Bork cut her off.

"I already know vas you are going to ask me, Fraulein Reds und all I can say ist dat we hope dat dis time it vill vork und send all of your passengers back home. Ve sincerely hope dat it vill not be necessary to fire der 'Gott Gunn' another time after dis! Gutes Gluck (Good luck) to you, mein leibchen (my child). Our prayers go mit you." said Von Bork.

"We'll be waiting for that list, Katie. Ja mata. Gooley out." said the galactic chief and signed off.

Kei blanked the vidscreens and stared at nothing for several minutes. The PA system snapped her out of her reverie.

"Attention! Except for Captain Nerese and her bridge crew all hands are hereby ordered to report to the rec room on Level Two for an extraordinary meeting at ten hundred hours this morning. This will include the balance of the 'Coriander' crew not on bridge watch. That is all. Navigator out." announced 'Tigress' who was really Lt. Anatasia Torres of 'Starfleet' and usually the 'Coriander' comm officer/navigator.

Kei picked up her own PA relay mike. "Yuri Donovan and Allison Kurtz- onegai report to the ready room immediately." she announced. Both of them arrived a few moments later ands were immediately informed of Kei's instructions from the 'UG' chiefs. The redhead asked them both to prepare a manifest and then vidfax it to Garner and Gooley following the big meeting. Then she dismissed them and mused quietly to herself while she got ready for the powwow shindig at ten.

Then the 'G Twins' orders finally sunk in!

She had less than twenty-four hours, a full solar day and night to reach 'Xerxes', fire the 'God Gun' and then outrun the resulting shockwave blast! Before all that crap happened, however, she had to evac most of the 'Angel's' remaining passengers! But first and foremeost- she had to know exactly how many 'Arkites' (Cyborg's nickname for the passengers and crew of her ship which someone had kindly christened 'Kei's Ark'!) were left aboard the 'Angel'! Then she'd know for sure oro kind of a time frame she'd need to empty out the 'Angel 2'. It was quite clear by this time that any of Johnny Berringer's or Khan's minions who hadn't been either killed or captured no longer had any intentions of seeking vengeance and/or trying to 'jailbreak' anyone off of her ship. Duh! That was a no brainer! The risks were now way too great and far outweighed their chances of success oro with the combined might of 'UG', the 3WA, "Starfleet', 'Galactic Command', the 'ISSP' and of course all of those trigger happy 'cowboys' still combing the cosmos for them! Anyway that meant that Kei only needed a skeleton crew for the 'Angel' this time. Well- first things first. She had to traverse a few thousand light years in less than a day! She picked up her direct link bridge mike and spoke.

"Kiva, this is Kei. Do you read me? Over."

The 'Starfleet' commander responded almost immediately.

"Roger, Boss. I read you. Oro's up? Over."

Kei spoke quickly and tersely.

"Listen up and onegai don't interrupt me. This is a top priority order. As of now, this ship is on 'Code Red Alert' status until further notice. Change course at once. Our new destination is a tiny quasar located due East of 'Seto Kaiba' called 'Xerxes'. Plot me the quickest route you can find using any shortcuts available. It is absolutely imperative not to say vital that we arrive there before 0530 hours ashita morning. In the meantime I gotta evac the 'Angel' again and empty her of all nonessential personnel. As soon as my powwow is over load up the 'Coriander' with your crew and whoever the Hell wants to ride with you and hotfoot it back to 'Furool City' on 'Shimougou' in the 'Aquarian Galaxy'. Your voyage will be far from lonely since I'm sending everything in the bays along with you except for a couple of shuttles for emergencies and such. I will keep a skeleton crew aboard but that's it. As soon as ya change course, take us outta orbit and increase speed to Warp Five. Pay close attention to my little shindig 'cause a few of the things I got to say may come as a bit of a shock. That's all for the moment. Ja ne to you, Kiva. Kei out."

She replaced her mike and spoke into the empty air of her ready room.

"Oh 'CC'- I wanna know exactly how many souls are left aboard this ship and who they are. Download that information to my PDO and Yuri's as well as Allison and Rachel's PDOs. Understood?" trilled the tall redhead.

"Hai, Kei. I'll totally get onto that rad bad boy tout sweet! Cowabonga, dude! Look at the time! If you're gonna make that scene by ten hundred, baby, you'd better move your ass, sister! I'm gone! Bye bye, good buddy!" trilled a jovial 'CC'.

"I have just gotta tell Jamie and Goatie to stop encouraging him!" said Kei aloud but 'CC' was right. It was just about zero hour.

Kei morphed into her basic red/black bodysuit/red boots outfit. Strapping on her gunsash, she spun her trusty old Mark XIII into its holster and pocketed her PDO unit. Then she headed for the lift. By the time she'd reached Level Two, Kei had a shimatta good idea of just how many of her 'good buddies' as Jamie Wilson would say were left- a shimatta jigoku of a lot of 'em! If Kei had that brainiac Doctor 'Q' and his baka 'associate' Von Bork here right now, she would-- Nai! Yuri had told the redhead to think happy thoughts, avoid negative waves, think positive, smile, be more cheerf- Crap! She'd never realized oro a wimp that baka violet-maned vacuumheaded airhead was before! Just then the lift doors parted. Kei took a deep breath, exhaled it and shoved through the rec room doors. The place was packed!

With everyone talking, yelling, shouting and screaming at the same time, it was quite a madhouse! Kei stepped onto the dais and signalled for Donald Poporo.

"QUIET! Shut the Hell up! This is a 3WA starship- not the loecal 'Cheers' bar! Silenece and that's a shimatta order!" he yelled and the room went dead!

As the hubbub died away, Kei took out her PDO and picked up the PA mike.

Cont in Ch 137-Part 2

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 137-Part 2

Here's Ch 137-Pt 2-K&K

"The primary purpose of this powwow is to determine exactly who is left after we sealed this latest rift. As you can all see, our ranks have thinned out quite a bit, however, not only do we still have many of you folks left, we've even added three more to the batch. Why? The reason's simple enough. I sealed one rift but there is still at least one more open so we're on our way there now to close it. It's a teensy quasar called 'Xerxes' and it's due East of 'Seto Kaiba' which is where I gotta fire the 'God Gun' again and soon- before 0530 hours ashita morning to be precise! According to Doc 'Q's associate Doktor Wolf Von Bork, that should send most if not all of you home hopefully. Unfortunately this time we'll only have shi er four minutes to outrun the resulting shockwave so I gotta make the 'Angel' as light as possible again. We've decided that the minions of both Khan and Johnny Berringer have decided that discretion is the better part of valor and are hightailing it back home. A reasonable guess since the 3WA, 'UG', 'Starfleet', the 'Galactic Command', the 'ISSP' and all of those other trigger happy baka idiot 'cowboys' are making this part of the galaxy a little bit too hot for them to wanna stick around here! Therefore it has been decided to empty the 'Angel' of all but absolutely vital key personnel who will form my temporary 'skeleton' crew for the trip to 'Xerxes' and back. They will be:-

Myself of course; Gene Starwind for my pilot; Jim Hawking for his co-pilot; Marlene Angel for my navigator; Rally Vincent for my combination scanner and communications officer; Keisie for my weapons officer; Cyborg for our Chief Engineer; Ensign/Acting Lt. Saavik and 'Teen Titan' Robin for his assistants; Lt. Nat Badgiruel for my gunners' officer; Ensigns Flay Allster and Cagalli Athna for her gunners' mates and last but not least Jamie Wilson and Goat Smith for our cooks.

The remainder of you will be assigned to either a ship or a shuttle. Take all of your junk with you 'cause the lighter this ship is the better it'll be for our mission.

'CC' has prepared a manifest of who's left aboard and her it is. (Kei keyed a remote box attached to her PDO and a long list of names appeared on the vidscreen behind the tall redheaded admiral).

Study it. A copy of it has been downloaded to each of your PDO vidpad units. Let us know if there should be any additions and/or deletions to it.

May I introduce you to our three 'newbies'. Major Makoto Kucinagi, no relation to our 'Kucinagi' and Captain Batou both of AD 2040. They are with Unit 9 of Neo Tokyo in old Terran Japan. They're apparently cops just like me and Yuri only they are both cyborgs. That's their robot pal 'Tachikoma' or 'Tachi' over there. OK, that's all. Dismissed." concluded the admiral.

"Pack up your gear and report to your assigned ship or shuttle by eleven hundred hours. Check the list on your PDO vidpad unit to find out where you're supposed to be if you don't already know." called Yuri Donovan after them. Kei and Yuri returned to the ready room.

"I noticed that my name was not on that list of key personnel, Ad-miral!" fumed Yuri.

"Nai, it wasn't. You are the pilot of the 'Michaelangelo' or did your forget that little fact, kid?" replied Kei coolly.

"Gomen, I guess I did but Legato's your pilot not Gene." said Yuri.

"I know that, however, Gene does know that sector of the galaxy better than Legato and he's better in an emergency. That's why Legato will pilot the 'Raphael' and Kome's going along with you. Keitarou gets the 'Donnatella' while Ann Hathaway gets the 'Leonardo' this time around. Han will get his 'Flying Falcon' and Jett'll fly his own 'Hammerhead'. Emma takes the 'Emerald Queen' and Kiva and her entire crew will go on the 'Coriander'. The Doctors will take the two police boxes (TARDISes) on whatever ship or shuttle they choose. The Master's Roman column (TARDIS) will be flown by Zoe on the ship or shuttle she chooses. Any more questions?" said Kei.

"And oro about the captured shuttles?" asked Yuri innocently.

"They stay right where they are just in case something goes wrong and we gotta get our shimatta asses the Hell outta here in a big hurry! Satisfied?" answered the redhead and Yuri nodded. "Good. 'CC', let's see that manifest one more time. Unless I say otherwise, at 1045 hours you will relay it to the chiefs in 'Furool' and on 'Alderaan' 'cause I want each one of the 'G Twins' to have a copy of it. Got it?" said Kei.

"That's a big 10-4, good buddy. Catch ya on the flip side, Angel Babe! I'm gone. Bye bye." replied 'CC' and Yuri looked as confused as all jigoku.

"Goat Smith and Jamie Wilson have been teaching him something called 'CB' lingo. Apparently the Terrans used it back in ancient times during the 20th and 21st Centuries." explained Kei. Yuri nodded and left. Kei tapped a few controls on her console and the 'List' appeared on her vidscreen. (See entire list at end of this chapter).

It ran as follows:- 8 January AD 2251:

Displaced persons remaining aboard the 'UG'/3WA starship 'Lovely Angel 2' (76)

Non-displaced persons remaining aboard the 'UG'/3WA starship 'Lovely Angel 2' (60)

Total personnel remaining (136)

Kei checked and rechecked her figures before approving the 'List' and ordering it to be vidfaxed to the 'G Twins'

Meanwhile all was hustle and bustle as the reminder of the 'Angel' prepared to depart and left the ship. Soon Rally Vincent trilled 'All clear' to Kei and secured the docking bay's airlock doors.

Kei acknowledged her signal and went next door to the bridge having already changed back into her familiar sneakers and sweats. She sported a gunsash around her waist and her Mark XIII hung low on the redhead's right hip. Around her fiery mane was bound a Kelly green ribbon. Rally returned to the bridge and quietly resumed her scanning.

"Course laid in, Mar?" asked Kei and the blonde navigator nodded.

"OK, Gene. Take us to 'Xerxes' with all possible speed. Engage. Cyborg? We're gonna need as much warp thrust as we can get in a big hurry after I fire that cannon. We'll only have shi er four minutes to clear a few million kilos to outrun that ensuing shockwave. Can do?" trilled Kei.

"No problemo, Boss Lady." chortled her chief engineer.

"That's just oro I wanted to hear, Cy. Keep those engines humming. Kei out." she trilled.

"ETA at 'Xerxes', Gene?" she asked.

"0600 ashita morning, Reds." replied Starwind. Kei grimaced.

"That ain't no good, man! The very latest I can fire that 'God Gun' is 0530! Could we make it there sooner if travelling at er say- Warp thirty?" asked the redhead nonchalantly.

"Sure we could. Provided the engines don't explode and the warp core doesn't melt, Reds." he replied coolly. Cyborg's bellow shook the entire bridge.

"Yo stupid! These engines weren't designed to go faster than Warp nine or ten! Nyssa and Zoe said they were surprised that these antiques still worked even! yelled the Angel's newest chief engineer. Kei bristled with anger.

"Nyssa and Zoe are navigators, not pilots or engineers, dammit! Don (Donnatella) got this thing to do over forty for Christ's sake and now you're telling me you can't even give me thirty? Oro the oni does Saavik think?" demanded the 'Red Admiral'.

"We can give you thirty for sixteen hours but I would strongly advise against it, ma'am." replied the Vulcan ensign quietly.

"Why?" shot back the redhead.

"We can give you Warp thirty for more than half a solar day but that's possible only if we remove both the stabilizing rods and the stability circuits from the warp core." she answered.

Kei mulled that revelation over for a moment or so.

"Oro does all that mean?" asked Rally and Robin simultaneously.

"It means that we probably won't be able to control our speed and it'll be like steering a runaway Andalusian star frigate, that's all." explained Gene Starwind and Jim Hawking concurred.

"Oro the Hell's our alternative- keep our speed at Warp twenty-five and just hope we get there in time? I say we risk it!" said the redheaded commanding officer.

Her pilot and co-pilot exchanged glances.

"Well- there's always the 'Trigon Peninsula', Gene, isn't there?" supplied Jim Hawking and Gene nodded.

"Yeah but I was sorta hoping that nobody would think of it, Jim." said Starwind.

"If there's an alternative route we can use as a shortcut, I say we take it!" said Robin enthusiastically.

"Keep your tights on, kiddo. It ain't all that simple." replied Gene.

"First- we'll barely fit through it and then onlly if we turn the ship sideways. Second- the Peninsula is very unstable. Third- The walls are made of 'Llanthrocite Oxide', a very highly volatile explosive substance. Touch one of those walls and you can say 'sayonara' to the 'Angel' and all of us too. And er Fourth- (Gene hesitated until an impatient Kei growled 'Well?') 'Trigon's' exit port is not stationary, it fluctuates all over the place. We could just as easily come out of stasis a couple of clicks (a few thousand meters) from 'Xerxes' or a few million kilos West of 'Seto Kaiba' itself. It's a calculated risk but all things considered Reds I say we go for it." advised the Master of the 'Outlaw Star' and his exec (Jimbo) agreed.

Cont in Ch 137-Part 3

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 137-Part 3

Here's Ch 137-Pt 3-K&K

"How much time will it save us, guys?" Kei wanted to know.

"Well, it'll take us about fourteen hours at our present speed to get there but I'd recommend decreasing it to Warp twenty to help facilitate steering. That'll add an extra hour making it fifteen total solar hours, Reds." answered Gene.

"OK then let's do it! Cy, drop our speed to twenty. Mar, lay in a new course per Gene's instructions. Rally, you watch those scanners like a Shaturian hawk! Don't you dare take your aizu off them! Nat, you, Cagalli and Flay stay alert and be ready to use those guns if necessary. Mr. Starwind, the comm is yours. We await your orders." said Kei.

Gene gave his commands clearly and precisely. Soon the huge starship was streaking across the heavens towards its goal- a tiny pinpoint of greenish light just beyond 'Minerva'.

"First star on your right and straight on 'til morning." joked Gene Starwind, quoting from Sir James M. Barrie's 19th Century Terran masterpiece of children's fiction- 'Peter Pan'. An hour later they had reached the dreaded 'Trigon Peninsula' and everyone got worried. The tiny anomaly loomed before them and it was both dark and forbidding.

"Folks, we're gonna be cruising at Warp twenty until ashita and I would really appreciate it if you guys kept things down to a dull roar. Negotiating 'Trigon' requires intense concentration and I'll certainly try to bring the 'Angel' through in one piece." said Gene.

So saying he yawed heavily to starboard and turned the gigantic starship sideways until the ship was canting at a forty degree angle. Then he slid the ship into the glowing green tunnel beside 'Minerva'. He glanced uneasily at Nat, Cag and Flaysie.

"You three stay alert on those cannons but don't get trigger-happy. All it takes is one misdirected blast into the walls, floor or ceiling and we're history. I think a spiral turning will be safest, right Jimbo?" he asked and Hawking nodded.

"Rally, keep feeding us that scan screen data. Yo Goat! You and Jamie get up here and makre yourselves useful! We need java and lot of it too! Use Reds' galley in back. It's gonna be a really long day and en even longer night! Cy, keep a close aizu on your core readings and onegai don't let it overheat. Reds is gonn aneed all the warp thrust speed you can give her ashita." trilled Starwind.

"Did we miss the big party, guys?" trilled Jett Black.

"Jett? Oro the Fxxx are you doing back here? I thought I told you to hightail your ass back to 'Shimougou' stat!" trilled back an angry Kei O'Halloran.

"We thought you might need some help, Boss. If your warp core fails, the 'Hammerhead' has plenty of room for all of you and four minutes ain't too much time to cover a few hundred million kilos. Don't worry- most of my passengers went with Kome on the 'Leo'. I just got Spike and Faye with me now. Permission to come aboard, ma'am?" trilled the big metal-armed 'cowboy'.

"Granted. Dock wherever ya like. Meet ya in the bar?" trilled the fiery-maned redhead.

"Sounds like a good plan to me, Honey. See ya in five. Ja mata." trilled Spike Steigel.

"Us gals gotta stick together, Boss and three fingers of rye would be nice to come home to, man. See you in a few, tomo." trilled Faye Valentine.

"Guess I'm elected barmaid then. You crazy bakas do know that we're inside the 'Trigon Peninsula', don't you?" trilled Kei.

"Sure do and we're only half a kilo behind you. We'll enter from the starboard side since that's closest to us. Open Airlock 6-A for us onegai. Arigatou, Reds." trilled Jett Black.

"Han wanted to come with us too but we convinced him he was better off staying with the fleet. The 'Falcon' has a lot more firepower and Han knows the route to 'Shimougou' better than we do. Excelklent whiskey, Boss. Guess you Gael Celts really do know more about booze than the Scots after all." said Jett.

The 'Hammerhead' had docked below several hours ago and everyone except Gene, Jim, the gun crew and Rally Vincent were enjoying a few before dinner drinks at the bar. Since Mar knew absolutely nothing about the area around 'Trigon', a navigator was unnecessary so she was doing the barmaiding. Spike was on his third 'Aoishi Ale' and Faye had almost polished off a fifth of Rye whiskey when dinner was finally announced. Actually Goat just stuck his head through the doorway and yelled 'Food!' at the top of his lungs.

Up on the command deck, Gene's bridge crew was eating off trays and swilling down gallons of java. 'Captain Bligh' (Gene) was allowing no 'hard stuff' until morning and 'Mr. Christian' (Jimbo) was seeing that those orders were strictly enforced.

Cyborg and Robin had finished and were now engaged in a lively game of 'Duel Monsters' down in Engineering while Saavik ate her own dinner and watched the warp core's temperature monitor.

Meanwhile the smallish flotilla of ships bound for 'Shimougou' was proceeding quietly towards home. The 'Coriander' was flying point flanked on either side by Han Solo's 'Flying Falcon' and the 'Outlaw Star' under Molly Callahan's command. This trio was closely followed by the 'Leonardo', the 'Michaelangelo', the 'Donnatella' and the 'Raphael' with the 'Emerald Queen' bringing up the rear. Emma was carrying all three TARDISes (the Doctors' two aoishi police boxes and the 'Master's' Roman column) along with the Doctors, the 'Master', Sutek, K-9, Leila, Jamie MacCrimmon, Zoe, Slade, Warp, the 'Sailor Moonie' scouts, Luna, Artemis, Ein and Ed. Thus far the voyage had been uneventful. The 'Outlaw Star' which was riding 'shotgun' on the 'Coriander' along with the 'Falcon' had reported no activity whatsoever.

In point of fact Khan's and Johnny Berringer's remaining henchmen were even now hightailing it as far away from the 'Angel's' armada as they could get!

Finally after a long and hectic night a dozing Kei was gently awakened by a sleepy Marlene.

"Wake up, Boss Lady. Gene says we're about to leave 'Trigon' and Rally's spotted a weird looking black hole in the cosmos almost due South of 'Xerxes' itself." she said softly.

"Coming outta warp, folks. Brace yourselves." announced Gene over the PA system. The ship pitched and reeled as he righted the 'Angel' and put her in an orbital path above and around 'Xerxes'. The scanners clearly showed a massive breach in the heavens directly in their faces even though the outer vidcams showed unbroken space!

"Welcome to Neverland, my dear admiral." chortled the Master of the 'Outlaw Star'.

"The ball's back in your court, Boss." said Jimbo Hawking.

"We are all counting on you, Keirran. It's all up to you now." breathed Marlene Angel.

Kei got to her feet, turned and faced her crew.

"Domo arigatou to all of you for your help. I couldn't have gotten here without it. That's the good news. Now for the bad news. In order to close that thing out there once and for all, it will have to be imploded. That means it's gotta be blasted from inside the animaly. Doc 'Q' and Doc von Bork have decided that one of our smaller 'God Guns' had to be mounted on one of our exploration craft for this job so I just had Mugghi and nammo equip a specially repped skycycle with one of 'em. 'Souped up', I believe, is the Terran expression Mikey would have used for it. Anyway I'll give you guys a chance to clear off back to the safety of the Peninsula's outer vortex before I fire it from inside of that thing. I promise that I will rejoin you as soon as possible afterwards. Kami be with us all. I'll just say ja ne for now." said an uncharacteristically calm and stoic Kei O'Halloran.

"You sure as Hell ain't going in there alone, 'shougou' (girl)! That cycle holds two so I'm coming along with you, Boss whether you like it or not!" stated the big 'cowboy' with the metal arm!

End of Chapter 137. Chapter 138 soon. Have a good weekend and Kami bless you all. Sayonara for now- K&K

THE LIST

PERSONS REMAINING ABOARD THE 'LOVELY ANGEL 2' (136):-

DISPLACED PERSONS ABOARD 'ANGEL 2' (76):-

AD 2140 'Angels' 3WA TC Yuri aka Yuyu

AD 2140 'Angels' 3WA TC Kei aka Keisie

Time Lord Doctor 2

Time Lord Doctor 4

Time Lord The 'Master'

Leila

K-9 (Computerized robotic dog)

AD 2268 'Angels' 3WA TC Keitarou Riff

AD 2268 'Angels' 3WA TC Ann Hathaway

Jamie MacCrimmon

Zoe

Nyssa

AD 2251 3WA TC Allison Kurtz

Usagi aka Serena Tsukino aka 'Sailor Moon'

Ami Mizuno aka 'Sailor Mercury'

Rei Hina aka 'Sailor Mars'

Makoto aka Mako Kino aka 'Sailor Jupiter'

Minako aka Mina Aino aka 'Sailor Venus'

Luna (Shape shifting nekko or cat)

Artemis (Shape shifting nekko or cat)

Goku Son (Saiyaan)

Vegeeta Brief (Saiyaan)

Bulma Brief (Vegeeta's wife)

Rally Vincent

Minnie Mae Hopkins aka 'Blonde Bomber'

Angelus aka Angel (Vampire)

Cordelia aka Cordy Chase

Winifred aka Fred

Charles Gunn

Wesley

Spike aka Spike 3 (Vampire)

Jane aka 'Queen' aka 'Emma' Emeraldas

Fritz von Dekker aka 'Green Baron'

Arkton the Tamaranian aka 'Arkie'

Teen Titans:

Robin

Starfire the Tamaranian

Raven

Cyborg

Beast Boy aka 'BB'

Slade

Warp

Sutek

Yumi Ishiyama (Code Lyokan warrior)

Major Makoto Kucinagi (Unit 9)

Captain Batou (Unit 9)

Tachikoma 5000 aka 'Tachi' (Unit 9 robot)

Conan Edogawa

Richard Moore

Rachael Moore

Arsene Lupin, III.

Jigen

Goemon

Inspector Zenigata aka 'Pops'

Momiji aka the 'Kucinada'

The 'Kucinagi' (not related to the Major)(Momiji's protector)

Natalie Badgiruel aka 'Nat'

Flay Allster aka 'Flaysie'

Cagalli Athna aka 'Cag'

Cont in Ch 137-Part 4

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 137-Part 4

Here's Ch 137-Part 4-K&K

NON-DISPLACED PERSONS (60):-

AD 2251 3WA TC Kei O'Halloran aka 'Boss'

AD 2251 3WA TC Yuri Donovan

AD 2251 3WA TC Marlene Angel

AD 2251 3WA TC Kome Sawaguchi

Mugghis 1 and 2 (Genetically altered giant nekkos or cats)

Nammos 1 and 2 ('Droids)

AD 2251 3WA Unit 9 Sector Chief Anton Wilhelm Gustav aka 'Willy'

AD 2251 3WA Unit 234 Sector Chief Donald Poporo aka 'Don'

AD 2251 'Starfleet' Personnel from 'USS Coriander' starship:

Captain Kiva Nerese

Cmdr. Reginald Barkley aka Barclay

Helmsman Bishop

Lt. Sandra Sandoval aka 'Kitty'

Lt. Anatasia Torres aka 'Tigress'

Ensign/Acting Lt. Elda Saavik aka 'Saavie'

Lt. Cmdr. Gowan aka 'Dynamo'

Lance Cpl. George Armstrong

Sapper Andrew Wilkins

Sapper Treanna Knox

Remaining Crewmen (40)

Ellen Rodgers

Alex Daniels

Gene Starwind

Jim Hawking aka 'Jimbo'

Molly Callahan

Villa

Jamie Wilson

Goat Smith aka 'Goatie'

Legato Bluesummers

Spike Miroku aka 'Big Spike'

Han Solo

Jett Black

Spike Steigel

Faye Valentine

Ed

Ein the data dog

AD 2251 3WA Control Computer Program for the 'Lovely Angel 2' aka 'CC'

WOWIE! Oro a bunch of whackos, eh!-See ya soon. SFN-K&K

Cont in Ch 138

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 138-Part 1

Here's Ch 138-Pt 1-K&K

DISCLAIMER: OK Gowan, it's all yours! First, thank you to Mr. T. for the use of the Angels. Thanks to everyone else who is letting us use their creations. How was that, Yuri? Great! Oh yes it was, Kei! Well, we left you up in the air so let's get to Chapter 138 without further preamble:-

Chapter 138

'Titantic Blunder' or 'Mimoto, Darius, Mars and ?'

Note of apology to Lupin III. fans: In Chapter 137 I forgot to include Fujiko but I have corrected this oversight below. Gomen and of course we now have 137 souls aboard- 77 DPs and 60 NDPs.

OK, first and foremost in case you missed it, here are the remaining 'Arkites' aboard the 'Angel 2':-

Total personnel remaining (137)

THE LIST

PERSONS REMAINING ABOARD THE 'LOVELY ANGEL 2' (137):-

DISPLACED PERSONS ABOARD 'ANGEL 2' (77):-

AD 2140 'Angels' 3WA TC Yuri aka Yuyu

AD 2140 'Angels' 3WA TC Kei aka Keisie

Time Lord Doctor 2

Time Lord Doctor 4

Time Lord The 'Master'

Leila

K-9 (Computerized robotic dog)

AD 2268 'Angels' 3WA TC Keitarou Riff

AD 2268 'Angels' 3WA TC Ann Hathaway

Jamie MacCrimmon

Zoe

Nyssa

AD 2251 3WA TC Allison Kurtz

Usagi aka Serena Tsukino aka 'Sailor Moon'

Ami Mizuno aka 'Sailor Mercury'

Rei Hina aka 'Sailor Mars'

Makoto aka Mako Kino aka 'Sailor Jupiter'

Minako aka Mina Aino aka 'Sailor Venus'

Luna (Shape shifting nekko or cat)

Artemis (Shape shifting nekko or cat)

Goku Son (Saiyaan)

Vegeeta Brief (Saiyaan)

Bulma Brief (Vegeeta's wife)

Rally Vincent

Minnie Mae Hopkins aka 'Blonde Bomber'

Angelus aka Angel (Vampire)

Cordelia aka Cordy Chase

Winifred aka Fred

Charles Gunn

Wesley

Spike aka Spike 3 (Vampire)

Jane aka 'Queen' aka 'Emma' Emeraldas

Fritz von Dekker aka 'Green Baron'

Arkton the Tamaranian aka 'Arkie'

Teen Titans:

Robin

Starfire the Tamaranian

Raven

Cyborg

Beast Boy aka 'BB'

Slade

Warp

Sutek

Yumi Ishiyama (Code Lyokan warrior)

Major Makoto Kucinagi (Unit 9)

Captain Batou (Unit 9)

Tachikoma 5000 aka 'Tachi' (Unit 9 robot)

Conan Edogawa

Richard Moore

Rachael Moore

Arsene Lupin, III.

Jigen

Goemon

Fujiko aka 'Fujicakes'

Inspector Zenigata aka 'Pops'

Momiji aka the 'Kucinada'

The 'Kucinagi' (not related to the Major)(Momiji's protector)

Natalie Badgiruel aka 'Nat'

Flay Allster aka 'Flaysie'

Cagalli Athna aka 'Cag'

NON-DISPLACED PERSONS (60):-

AD 2251 3WA TC Kei O'Halloran aka 'Boss'

AD 2251 3WA TC Yuri Donovan

AD 2251 3WA TC Marlene Angel

AD 2251 3WA TC Kome Sawaguchi

Mugghis 1 and 2 (Genetically altered giant nekkos or cats)

Nammos 1 and 2 ('Droids)

AD 2251 3WA Unit 9 Sector Chief Anton Wilhelm Gustav aka 'Willy'

AD 2251 3WA Unit 234 Sector Chief Donald Poporo aka 'Don'

AD 2251 'Starfleet' Personnel from 'USS Coriander' starship:

Captain Kiva Nerese

Cmdr. Reginald Barkley aka Barclay

Helmsman Bishop

Lt. Sandra Sandoval aka 'Kitty'

Lt. Anatasia Torres aka 'Tigress'

Ensign/Acting Lt. Elda Saavik aka 'Saavie'

Lt. Cmdr. Gowan aka 'Dynamo'

Lance Cpl. George Armstrong

Sapper Andrew Wilkins

Sapper Treanna Knox

Remaining Crewmen (40)

Ellen Rodgers

Alex Daniels

Gene Starwind

Jim Hawking aka 'Jimbo'

Molly Callahan

Villa

Jamie Wilson

Goat Smith aka 'Goatie'

Legato Bluesummers

Spike Miroku aka 'Big Spike'

Han Solo

Jett Black

Spike Steigel

Faye Valentine

Ed

Ein the data dog

AD 2251 3WA Control Computer Program for the 'Lovely Angel 2' aka 'CC'

Whew! Oro a list! Don't worry- it'll be thinning out again real soon! Now on with the tale--

The redhead was just too tired to argue with the big galoot so she merely nodded in acquiescence to his demands. After all, he might come in handy out there. As Piggley Winks would say 'You never know.'

"Gene, take us to within a 'click' (one thousand meters) of that thing and trill me when you get there. I'll be down in my quarters. Jett, I guess you're with me. Let's go, tomo."

So saying the redheaded admiral with 'cowboy' Jett in tow headed for her express lift. Down in her own quarters, Kei quickly 'morphed' into an oxygenated space suit complete with built in jetpacks. She dug out a larger sized one for Jett and tossed it to him.

"Here's one of Anton's old ones. It's from before he started dieting so it should fit you. You can use Mar's room to change. It's the door behind you." said the Boss, indicating Mar's bedroom.

Cont in Ch 138-Part 2

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction-Ch 138-Part 2

Ch 138-Pt2-K&K

Five minutes later the big 'cowboy' returned. Kei handed him a helmet and donned her own.

"Oro's the special crap for, Boss?" asked Jett puzzledly.

"The inside of that vortex is a vacuum, big guy. A skycycle is open to the elements. Get the picture?" she replied dryly and he nodded.

"Oro's your plan, kiddo?" he asked.

"Fire the gun into that thing's core and get the Hell outta there stat! One of us stays on the cycle while the other fires the cannon. Ever fired a sonic cannon before, Jettsy? (He shook his head) Then you get to drive the getaway car. Just keep the engine running for me, willya?" As soon as we're clear, Mar can either use the tractor beam or the teleport to yank us back here. Depending on how close that shockwave is to us, Mar will decide to use one or the other. If she tractors us we get to keep our toys but if she teleports us we leave both the cycle and the gun behind." explained Kei.

"OK Reds, we're here and Mugghi's got the skycycle all warmed up for you. She's at Slot M-12 down in the bays. Good luck, Katie." trilled Gene Starwind.

"Shall we go, madam?" asked Jett, offering her his arm which she shook off.

"Let's go, big guy. We ain't got time to be playing prom night, me boyo." said the redhead, leading the way to her express lift. They rode down to the bays where the big white nekko was waiting with their cycle.

"You're driving, Jett so get on." said Kei with a growl.

Jett mounted the skycycle and Kei climbed on behind him.

"Open Airlock C-2. Authority-Angel 2, Kei 1. Code-Valhalla. I authenticate Bifrost." said Kei and the airlocks shot open. Jett hit the thrusters and the skycycle blasted out into the cosmos of space.

"Close Airlock C-2. Authority- Angel 2, Kei 1. Code-Valhalla. I authenticate Asgard." intoned Kei as the airlocks snapped shut behind them and Jett quickly accellerated to warp five. The cycle rocketed into the immense vortex.

"How far in are we going, Reds?" asked the big 'cowboy'. Kei was busily watching her PDO readout meter closely.

"Another two hundred and fifty kilos, Jett and stop calling me Reds." trilled Kei without looking up.

A few minutes later she tapped Jett's shoulder. "Stop here and just hover, big guy. I'll be back in a few minutes and then we'll get the Fxxx outta here." trilled the redhead as she was shouldering the mini 'God Gun' and connecting it to the ion beam generator port attached to the skycycle's boot.

"Be real careful, girl." trilled Jett worriedly.

"You can count on that, boyo. See ya later." she trilled back while activating her jet packs and then shotting herself towards the very core of the gigantic anomaly.

"Here goes nothing." she trilled a few minutes later. So saying, she unlimbered the gun and pressed the switch to build up the ion charge. Slowly the needle crawled up the 'remb' meter. A galactic 'remb' is a unit of ionic energy equivalent to the blasts of six H-Bombs from mid 20th Century Tewrra. Finally the meter read a full charge of twenty-five 'rembs' or roughly one hundred and fifty Hiroshima and Nagasaki disasters and Kei aimed the ordnance at the exact centre of the rift.

"OK, Jett. Get your ass ready to split. I'm firing on the count of san. Ready? Ichi, ni, san! Firing now!" she trilled and pressed the firing stud. A white/aoishi/green/red/orange/yellow/indigo/violet burst of the purest starlight-like energy blasted forth into the tight vacuum! Kei did an about face and shot back towards Jett at a speed of Warp six! Remember onegai that warp speed without a vessel is possible but only within a vacuum! Kei tossed the gun into the boot and leaped on behind Jett. Wrapping both arms in a tight bearhug around the big guy's waist she yelled:

"Go! Go! Go! Get us the Fxxx outta here, me boyo! Now!" she trilled through her comlink. Jett kicked on the afterburners and the skycycle exploded with power as its warp speed shot up to ten! Kei risked a hasty look back and immediately wished that she hadn't- The shockwave was less than a hundred thousand kilos away and it was closing in fast!

"We're way too far off for the tractors Jett so brace yourself. Mar, lock onto us and energize now! Get us the Hell outta here!" yelled Kei into her comlink. Suddenly their bodies effervesced into nothingness as they were struck by Mar's teleport beam. The skycycle and the gun were yanked back through the billowing mass of glowing energy and disintegrated in an instant! Kei and Jett Black slowly materialized on the transporter pads back aboard the 'Angel 2'. Kei yanked the mike out of Mar's grip and keyed it.

"Kei to Engineering! Cy, I need Warp forty or as Fxxxing close to it as you can damned well get and stat! That's an order, dammit! Starwind, get us the Hell outta here! Move it, man!" she screeeched even while Jett was grabbing the Hellcat firebrand and shoving her into a deck chair and strapping her in tight. Then he did the same to Marlene and himself.

"Go! Go! Go! Gene, punch it! We need thrust now, Cy! The mother of all shockwaves is coming right at us! We got maybe three minutes to outrun it- if we're real damned lucky! Let's go!" yelled Jett. The huge ship accellerated as it shot forwards into hyperspace as the stars became brilliant lines of white light while the 'Angel' was being buffetted by a 'G' force of 2,500!

"Warp twenty, twenty-five, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-five, thirty-seven, forty, forty-six, forty-seven, forty-seven point seven and holding! That's it, folks! That's all there is and there ain't no more! We can hold this speed for maybe six more minutes- then KABOOM! We'll all owe the 'UG' and the 3WA one really big starship!" cried Cyborg mournfully.

"Oh come on- stop being so damned melodramatic." said Saavik.

"Yeah. He's overacting again. He's always saying stuff like that." replied Robin, the leader of the 'Teen Titans' with a grin.

"Rally! Check your scanners. Are we outta range of that shimatta thing yet? Report, dammit!" yelled an impatient commanding officer into her comlink.

"It's er two no make that three lightyears behind us now, Boss!" trilled Rally eagerly.

"Arigatou Kami for that! Cy, slow us down to Warp three." said Kei in a quieter tone.

"I already tried, girl but we sure as Hell ain't slowing!" yelled Cyborg.

"Cy, cut the impulse engines then reverse thrusters and kill the nacelles." said Jim Hawking.

"Tell him to knock the warp core offline and then overload the command circuitry. That should do it." suggesteed Gene Starwind.

"We did all of that already, sir and still nothing!" cried Saavik.

"Then just shut down the main drive system." said Marlene Angel quietly.

"What d'ya mean? How do we do that, ma'am?" howled a suddenly worried Robin the Boy Wonder.

"Just turn off all of the goddamned engines, you bakas!" yelled the normally calm, cool and collected blonde navigator who immediately apologized for her outburst of temper!

"but er--" began Cyborg.

"Just do oro she says, guys for Christ's sake and that's an order!" cried Kei O'Halloran.

Robin had soon located a grey panel marked 'SD' and gingerly tapped it.

"This ship will self destruct in one minute and forty-five solar seconds commencing-- now." intoned a somber and solemn 'CC'!

"Cy! Oro the Sam Hell did you just do, for Kami's sake?" yelled Gene over his comlink.

"Me? I didn't do squat! It was Robin, man!" yelled back an indignant Cyborg.

"Doesn't 'SD' mean 'Shut Down'?" asked the Titans' leader innocently.

"Nai! It means 'Self Destruct' like to blow up the Kami shimatta ship!" yelled Kei while unstapping herself and flinging off her heavy spacesuit and footwear. Barefoot and clad solely in tank top and bikini briefs, the redhead sprinted up the gantry steps heading for Level three. She took the steps two at a time and had soon reached the engine room. In she raced oblivious of the staring aizu and gaping mouths of the trio there.

Kei quickly keyed open the security panel and spoke into the comm mike mounted inside of it. The countdown meter stood at one minute and four solar seconds when she said "Abort self destruct. Authority- Angel 2, Kei 1. Code- Kalavala and I authenticate Vainanoinen. (The meter now read seventeen solar seconds). Countersign is Armageddon." she said.

"Correct. Now onegai give me the shutdown code sequence and the shutdown code word." instructed 'CC'.

"Six, Forty-seven. Nine. Eightteen. Twenty-six. Mjolnar. Now abort self destruct 'CC'- Stat!" replied the firebrand.

"Codes accepted. Self Destruct has been cancelled." said 'CC'.

The countdown meter now read .03 solar seconds or three one-hundredths of a second to Doomsday!

"Whew! That sure was a close one, Boss." said Robin sheepishly.

"Yeah but we still ain't shut down that dang main drive system yet either!" yelled Cyborg.

An exasperated senior tro-con pointed to a huge red panel in the exact centre of the console clearly marked 'Main Drive System' with a great big 'On/Off' toggle switch beside it. She flipped the switch to 'off' and the whining of the turbines ceased, the warp core shut down and their speed began to decrease rapidly causing the 'Angel' to decellerate faster and faster!

"We've stopped, we're dead in the water, folks!" yelled Gene triumphantly.

"Where the oni are we, Captain?" demanded Marlene

"Damned if I know, Ensign er ma'am." he replied.

"Mar! You're the damned navigator, aren't you? Get up there and find out where the Hell we are! I'll meet you in the nav room in two minutes!" trilled Kei.

Cont in Ch 138-Part 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 56 ... LastLast