+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Pair Fanfiction

The Keiman of Anime keimanzero is off to a good start keimanzero's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 14-Part 1

Here's Ch 14-Pt 1 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

DISCLAIMER: OK Fujicakes, it's all yours! First, thank you to Mr. T. for the use of the Angels. Thanks to everyone else who is letting us use their creations. How was that, Yuri? Great! Oh yes it was, Kei! Well, we left you up in the air so let's get to Chapter 14 without further preamble:-

Chapter 14

'Lock Up Your Valuables- Lupin's Back!' or 'Peri Makes A New Tomo'

"Hey Lupin! What's happening here? The damned car's starting to glow, man and I ain't been dropping any acid today either! Wow! Now you're like startin' to shimmer and shake, old pal!" cried Daisuke (Dice-Kay) Jigen.

"Look there, guys! Pops and his goons just disappeared! Lupin? Where in the nine Hells are we anyway?" yelled Fujicakes worriedly.

"Montmartre of course! Where the oni do ya think we are, Fujicakes?" replied Lupin.

"Hey! Get outta the way, ya stupid baka! Ya wanna get run over?" yelled the descendant of the greatest art thief in the history of Terran France indeed of all of Terran Europe too!

"I say there- do any of you chaps know where the tea party is, sirs or madam? I am already quite tardy, I am sure! Oh bother! Where is that child with my hat, coat, gloves and fan? Can't stand around here talking to idiots all day, now can I? Must dash. Cheerio." said a very impatient six foot tall white rabbit in waistcoat and striped trousers circa 19th Century Terran Britain. The fellow was even holding an enormous turnip of a pocket watch- a Hunter!

They had no time to speculate on oro they had just seen because in the next second Lupin's yellow Fiat vanished the same way that Zenigata's Rover had just vamoosed!

"There, that's that. Both Pops and Lupin as well as their cars and their tomos are down in the bays, Kome. Go on down there and bring all of 'em up to the dining hall. The Boss'll have to decide oro to do with 'em, kiddo. I've done my part and transported 'em off the holodeck and I'm off. I'll save you a seat at my table. See ya soon. Arigatou." said Rally Vincent.

"I sure as Hell ain't goin' down there all by my lonesome! All of those loonies are armed to the friggin' teeth! Yo there! Rukia! Ichigo! Light! Ryuuk! Villa! Dominique! Front and centre! Kome here. Meet me at the lift banks on Surface Seven. We're goin' down to the bays to pick up some prisoners. That's an order, gang. Kome out." she trilled and it really felt great to be finally giving orders (and having them obeyed!) now since her brand spanking new 'Lieutenant's (2nd Lt. j.g.) silver bars were gleaming on her new epaulettes. Her promotion had come through right after Mar's had, however, Mar was wearing silver railroad tracks rather than bars now since she had just made 'Captain'. Meanwhile down in the bays--

"Lupin! You've really gone and done it now, haven't you? I hereby arrest you in the name of 'Interpol'." said Inspector 'Pops' Zenigata, snapping handcuffs on Lupin's wrists.

"On oro charge, Pops?" asked an amused Arsene Lupin, III.

"As if you didn't know already! Grand theft of course! You've stolen the shimatta Eiffel Tower!" yelled Zenigata.

"Are you baka or just plain nuts, you loopy fruitcake? How the Hell did we manage to swipe the Eiffel Tower while you and your goons have been right on our asses all the way from Gare du Nord to the Champs Elysee?" demanded Fujiko Mine, however, she obediently held out her wrists and allowed the cute Interpol corporal to snap the cuffs on her demure wrists.

"I'm surprised he didn't try to say we took the Arc de Triomphe into the bargain, Lupin?" said Jigen.

"Where's the Seine (River), guys?" asked a puzzled Goemon.

"See! They've stolen the Tower, the Arch and the friggin' river too!" cried Zenigata triumphantly.

"Then oro'd I do with 'em if I heisted 'em? We ain't done no capers for the last week, Pops!" explained an impatient Lupin.

"OK. If you didn't lift 'em, Lupin then where are they? I've really got you and your tomos this time, pal of mine!" chortled Pops with satisfaction.

"Look around ya, Pops! Does this place even look like old Paree?" chuckled Lupin as he handed the bracelets back to the inspector.

"Oh Christ! No! Lupin, this place looks a Helluva lot like those loony space freakazoid broads' starship we were on last month, man!" cried Jigen, taking a long pull from his silver pocket flask.

"Yes, Jigen seems to be quite correct in his assumption. This does appear to be the 'Lovely Angel 2' indeed. (Jigen offered his flask) Nai arigatou (No thanks). I prefer Sake (Soh-Kee), tomo watashi." replied the Samurai.

"Suit yourself, pal. Here, Pops. Have a snort. Sake? Ya know why they call it that, don't ya? 'Cause it tastes like it was strained through a pair of dirty gym socks, tomo!" laughed the Druid guy.

"Thank you but no. You know that I am not allowed to drink on duty, son!" admonished the Interpol police agent.

"Look here Pops- if Jigen's right and unfortunately he usually is- you're way outta your jurisdiction, Zenigata so go ahead and live a little. How's about a truce, old man? Like we had last time we were here?" suggested Lupin, offering the flask which Pops took and drained to the very last drop.

"Hey! Ya drank all of it, man!" complained Jigen morosely.

"Not to worry, Jigen. As I recall this ship is always well stocked with all kinds of booze." observed Fujicakes.

"Ya got that right, girlie! Lose all your hardware, folks. Hand where I can see 'em. Pat their asses down and cuff 'em, Neko. (The shapeshifting catwoman pointed to the Interpol agents and Pops) Yeah. Them too. Especially big mouth there (Pops). Afterwards we are all gonna sit here quietly and wait for the rest of the troops. Smoke 'em if ya got 'em." said Revy Roberts.

Neko Olson relieved everyone of their artillery and cutlery including Fujicakes's leg-holstered derringer. Then she force beam hancuffed the lot of them and these 'darbies' were something that not even the great Lupin himself could get out of (or so it seemed at the time!) and a few minutes later the 'troops' did arrive.

"Hey! What in the nine Hells is 'that' thing?" yelled Jigen when he espied Ryuuk hovering beside Light Yagami.

"It must be our past misdeeds catching up to us! It is a 'jur-on' (a curse or haunting) and we are all doomed!" cried Goemon.

"My Kami! It looks like Freddy Krueger on steroids, man!" screeched Fujiko.

"Nai, it seems to be more of a cross twixt Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees, don't ya think?" suggested Lupin.

"Well, I don't know oro the oni it is but I do know this- it's under arrest! Read it its rights and slap the bracelets on it!" growled Pops but his agents merely held aloft their handcuffed mitts.

"Oro the Hecuo Mundo (Hollow Land or Hell) are you guys yapping about now? Huh? Oh hi there, Ryuuk. Hullo, Light." said Revy.

"That is a 'shinigami', a death god and he won't hurt you, folks." said Rukia.

Cont in Ch 14-Part 2
    SFN and have a great day. Kami bless you all and see ya soon. Toodles-K&K

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 14-Part 2

Here's Ch 14-Pt 2 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

"The Boss wants to see ya so let's get a move on, gents, ma'am." said Ichigo, motioning with his Mark XIII.

"Look here, sonny boy. I am an officer of the law same as you are and--" began Pops Zenigata.

"I am a substitute soul reaper. Rukia's the real deal. Mr. Villa and Ms. Dominique are both bounty hunters. Revy's a merc (mercenary) and Neko there is a pirate. Light here well he's for want of a better term- an exterminator and Ryuuk is a death god shinigami like Rukia just said. Now let's motor." commanded Ichigo Kurosaki.

"There ain't no such animals as 'death gods', 'shinigamis', 'soul reapers' and the like, sonny boy. Now if you will just release me and my boys here I'll forget that this incident ever even happened." offered Zenigata. Ichigo smiled and shook his head. Then he prodded Pops with the Mark.

"You've had your explanations, Pops so you and your stooges get over there with Mr. Lupin and his tomos and we'll all go upstairs to dinner. March!" commanded Lieutenant Kome Sawaguchi.

"Come now, Ensign. You know all of us so you just know you can trust us. Right?" wheedled Lupin in his silky voice which was lost on Kome.

"Sorry but it's 'Lieutenant' now, sir." she snapped.

"Did you say 'Loo-ten-ant'? They made 'you' a second Looey?" said a startled Fujicakes.

"OK. No more Mr. Nice Guy! I demand that you release us at once, girl! I outrank you, Lieutenant! I am an Inspector in the Prefecture of Police and that's the same as a Captain!" roared Zenigata. Kome grinned.

"Maybe you think you do sir but that would be on Terra not here and certainly not on 'my' turf you don't, Pops! Now- move it or lose it!" she snarled.

"OK. OK. Ya don't need to tell us twice, Lieutenant! Let's go, gang." said Lupin while Pops and his cronies reluctantly fell into step behind them. And when they all trooped into the dining hall on Surface Two a few moments later--

"Nai, they don't have to go to the brig this time, Kome. However, I don't want any of you guys playing automobile racing tag on my ship anymore- is that clear, boys? (Pops and Lupin nodded) Good. Get yourselves some chow. After that Kome'll find some quarters for ya. There's gonna be a briefing ashiata morning at 1100 hours that's eleven AM guys in the rec room next door. Be there on time. After you've eaten you can do oro the Hell ya wanna do except destroy the 'Angel'. See ya in the morning. You're dismissed." said the redheaded Boss Lady rising to her feet and shaking hands with all of them in turn. She turned to the strawberry blonde lieutenant.

"Tell Mar that I'll be in my quarters but I don't wanna be disturbed unless another galactic war breaks out. Understand?" added Kei and Kome nodded.

As she departed-- "Hey Boss Lady?" called Lupin.

"Yeah?" she replied without turning around.

"I just thought that you er might like these space age manacles back, ma'am." he replied and tossed Kei several sets of force beam handcuffs.

"Arigatou, kiddo. Anything else?" she said abstractedly. Kei was used to Lupin's abilities when it came to prestidigitation.

"Well er ya might need these back, ma'am." chuckled the suave and sophisticated thief holding up a red wallet, a red/white holovid ID pass, a Mark XIII and a laser sword hilt. Kei slapped her pockets in turn and then stared at him with an astonished look on her face.

"How in the nine Fxxxing Hells did ya manage that one?" she demanded but Lupin wagged a finger at the Marshall and shook his head.

"A good magician never ever reveals his secrets, mum. Sorry. Have a good evening all. Toodles." he replied and hastened after the others. Jigen handed the redhead her possessions, tipped his hat and followed his leader to the table. Kei shrugged her shoulders and dropped her stuff back into her pockets before walking up the gantryway steps to her rooms.

Doctor Six greeted Lupin and his tomos as well as Pops and his lackeys. Then he introduced them to his 'ward' Perpigillian Winkle Brown. Apparently the thieves and the coppers already knew Inu Yasha and his pals who were sharing the table with them.

"Hiya. Just call me Peri. I'm new around here too. I er came in from Miami." said the pert brunette.

"Miami eh? Hey Lupin? Didn't we pull a few heists in that city?" asked thew Druid-y guy Jigen. Lupin feigned shock.

"Heists? Why Mr. Jigen- whatever do you mean? Oro are you talking about?" he replied with a warning gaze at Pops who seemed totally engrossed in his din-din.

"So er Peri dear- have you been given a shipboard assignment or a job yet?" asked Fujiko, deftly changing the subject.

"Yes indeed I have, Miss Fujiko. I am the ship's yeoman (clerk) s they've got me doing some filing upstairs." explained Peri.

Suddenly Fujicakes recalled helping out Conan Edogawa (Case Closed) and his kawaii 'sister' with some filing the last time she'd visited the 'Angel'.

"You er mean up on Level Seven, Honey? I feel for ya. Need some help?" asked Fujiko and Peri nodded gratefully.

"Do I ever! Ya oughta see the mess those file thingys are in up there, man! I appreciate any help you can give me, Miss Fujiko, ma'am." replied Peri and the two of them laughed. Then the klaxon alarms stared baying like wolves all over the ship!

"Brace for impact! Strap in and hold the Fxxx on folks!" drawled Han Solo's down home voice over the squawkboxes.

END of Ch 14. Ch 15 coming soon. R/R/S away and Kami bless you all. SYS and SFN. Ja mata and have a super weekend. Oro do ya think of my honouring the great Haruka Takachiho by naming the Academy after him? Onegai r/r/s away and have a good read. More soon. The titles for 1-14 are posted at /forums/fanfics/Dirty Pair Fanfiction on my Profile page there and here on my Profile page too. Toodles-K&K

Cont in Ch 15

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 15

Here's Ch 15 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

DISCLAIMER: OK Ryuuk, it's all yours! First, thank you to Mr. T. for the use of the Angels. Thanks to everyone else who is letting us use their creations. How was that, Yuri? Great! Oh yes it was, Kei! Well, we left you up in the air so let's get to Chapter 15 without further preamble:-

Chapter 15

'The Galactic Gate' or 'Pray That This Works, Folks!'

Doctor Six checked his own PDO and excused himself. He dashed up the gantryway stairs spurning the lift in his haste to reach the command deck on Nine. He arrived at the bridge breathless and red in the face. Approaching them (or seeming to anyway) was a huge grey planetoid hence Han's warning of imminent impact. The Doctor tapped Han on the shoulder.

"Don't veer away from it, Solo! Steer us right into that thing! It isn't real, old boy. It's a holographic image designed to halt unwarranted excursions into 'Warrior's Gate' and the exit of time and space. We, howevr, must go there so trust me and hit the thrusters! Hurry now, old thing." said the Gallifreyan time lord.

"I can't, Doc! Not without authorisation anyway! And the Boss is indisposed it seems. I'll try the new Captain- Marlene Angel. Hey Blondie! Get up to the bridge and make it stat! Doc says we can go through this planet thing but I need confirmation before I can aim the 'Angel' at sudden destruction, man! Solo out!" he trilled and a few minutes later Captain Angel raced onto the bridge.

Sizing up the situation she ordered Han to 'hit it' and threw open all the thrusters and nacelles while engaging the warp core and increasing warp speed to twelve. The starship shot through the planet like it wasn't even there! And of course it wasn't being like nothing more than a projection of a film onto an ancient Terran movie screen. Soon they sighted the mammoth 'Gate' and the Doctor ordered them to go through it and then reverse the ship so the 'Angel' would be facing away from the 'Gate' which Han and Mar soon accomplished. Then they both turned towards the 'toff' expectantly.

We are here. Beyond that of course I have no idea oro the Boss Lady has been ordered to do here, folks. Let's just sit here and wait for the morrow, shall we? (Han and Mar nodded. Then she ordered Jon Harlock to set the evening guard mounts for the ship and had Solo bring in the nightly bridge crew. Then she went back to her quarters having already decided against bothering the 'Demon of Dublin' until ashita. Mar slept fitfully until 0700 when Mugghi gently trilled her awake.

"Where's the Boss?" yawned Mar when she strolled onto the bridge after a marvelous breakfast. The chromos read 0810 hours.

"Mugghi ain't supposed to wake up her royal majesty until we reach the 'Gate' and Doc Six told her that wouldn't be until almost noon. She'll be up way before then though 'cause she's called an 1100 hours briefing for all hands down in the rec room." said Gene Starwind.

At 1030 hours Kei did stroll into the dining hall, have her breakfast and then she strode next door and briefed her troops. "And so in closing we are due to hit 'Warrior's Gate' in about (she checked her wristchromo) another half hour or so. (The chromos now read 1130 hours) So--" began the redhead before the time jockey interrupted her.

"Sorry Boss but that just is er not quite true." said the Gallifreyan.

"How's that again? Just when do we get to this gate of yours, Doc?" she demanded.

"Why er we are already there, my dear child. We arrived late last evening and before you bawl anyone out for not telling you it was I who ordered Mr Solo and Ms Angel not to tell you we'd arrived here. You needed that rest, Kei, you really did." replied the foppish time lord quietly.

"Mum?" prompted Nyssa. As an expert quadrant navigator the Trakken girl had been drafted just in case they were thrown offcourse by the gate, that is, after the Boss Lady had done her own thing there!

"Neko? You're my comm officer today? (The catgirl nodded) Then relay the vacuumhead er I mean Wing Commander Donovan (Yuri) back at the Academy and transfer her to my ready room's vidscreen. Arigatou." said the Boss and she rose to go.

"Your orders, mum?" asked an impatient Nyssa and Kei shrugged.

"All hands report to their stations and stand by. Go up and man the scanners, Nyssa. We cannot do anything before I talk to Yuri." she replied.

"OK partner, so far so good. The two Docs here have opened a small pinhole in the continuum. Any movement yet? (Kei checked her vidscreens and shook here head) Well, we'll just have to wait now and see oro happens, I guess. Just pray that this works, folks!" trilled Yuri and Kei nodded to her.

"Roger that, vacuumhead. I've got my fingers and toes crossed. Only time will tell, kiddo. Kei out." trilled the Boss and so began the long vigil. The chromos read 1315 hours or a quarter past one o'clock in the afternoon.

END of Ch 15. Ch 16 coming soon. R/R/S away and Kami bless you all. SYS and SFN. Ja mata and have a super weekend. Toodles-K&K

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 16

Here's Ch 16. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

DISCLAIMER: OK Dominique, it's all yours. First I wanna thank Mr T for the use of his Angels and stuff. Then I wanna thank everyone else who has been allowing us to use their creations here. How was that, Yuri? Great, kiddo. Oh hai it sure was, Kei! Now since we left ya up in the air last time let's get to Ch 16 without any further meandering, shall we? Here 'tis:-

CHAPTER 16

'Revy Meets the Major' or 'Strange Bedfellows'

Oh Christ- No! It can't be! Not again! How in the Hell'd we end up back here again? Hey Major? You there babe?" asked a tall blondish guy with dead man's aizu. He had just materialized outside of the brige.

"Yeah OK. I'm here too, Batou." replied a husky female voice from the shadows behind him.

"Ya decent, makoto?" he chuckled.

"Knock it the Hell off, Captain! OK, I'm dropping my cloak." said the Major and instantly a slightly shorter brunette bombshell garbed in battle togs and armour was beside him.

"Well Makoto? Shall we go and introduce ourselves again? Your call- the bridge, the office or the Boss Lady's boudoir?" chortled Batou.

"The cockpit I guess. Hey where's your lil tomo, Batou?" she replied.

"Dunno. Tachy? If ya can hear me drop your cloak and meet us on the bridge. Ya read me?" said the guy into his wristcom's mike.

"Aye aye, Mr Batou. I think I'm in the kitchens. I'll be right up, sir." replied a bubbly female voice.

"Nai you won't either. Belay that order, tachy. I don't want you blundering around the ship and waking everybody up. Stay there and we'll catch up with ya later. That's an order, kiddo. Major out." whispered Major Makoto Kucinagi into her own wristcom.

"Okey dokey artichokey!" responded the perky Tachikoma which was sorta like R2D2 from Star Wars being a smallish robotic android resembling a flying saucer with feet.

"Oro?" whispered the Major fiercely.

"Yes, Major? I'll stay right here where I am, ma'am." answered Tachy.

"Aw! I thin Tachy likes ya, Makoto!" said Batou, opening the bridge portal and allowing her to enter.

"Batou? Mako? I thought I heard voices out there. Fancy meeting you two again. How's my Tachy? She with you guys again?" asked a jovial Gene Starwind.

"Tachy's doing swell, man. She's down below in the galleys. That's er on Level Two if memort serves me- right?" said Batou, shaking hands with the master of the 'Outlaw Star'.

"Nice to see ya again, Captain." said the Major, shaking hands in turn.

"Say there Gene- I thought sure that Reds had fixed that shimatta rift. So oro are we doing back here again?" asked Batou.

"She did fix it. Then Doc 'Q' and Wolfie boy (Dr Wolf Von Bork his assistant researcher) reopened it to do some tom fool experiment! After that well you can guess the rest eh?" explained a rueful Starwind.

"Of all the stupid baka lamebrained Fxxxing ideas he's had this one's definitely the most Fxxxd up yet! Does he plan on fixing this mess anytime soon? Man am I bushed? Look Gene is it OK if we crash up here in one of the back bedrooms- just for tonight?" yawned makoto.

"Believe it or not guys we just shot our bolt and it don't seem to have worked at all! Crash up here? As far as I know there ain't nobody bunking up here so go ahead. You two look like ya need some sleep. You'd better get lil Tachy outta the galleys before the two Jersey Jerks have a kitten, conniption and a catfit! Ya remember how bonkers they went over Ed Elric's brother don't ya? They thought Alphonse had come right outta Camelot!" laughed Gene.

"Ya better go down and get her, Batou and bring her up here- quietly. I'll take the room behind the office. You and tachy take the one across the hall from it. G'Night." said the Major from Section Nine of the Terran Japanese Defense Ministry of a century ago.

"Tachy? The Major wants ya up here so I'm on my way down to get ya. Stay where ya are and wait for me- OK?" whispered Batou into his wristcom.

"Sure thing, Mr B." replied Tachy.

When Batou brought Tachy up to the bedroom he was crashing in for the night he pointed to a corner of the living room. "Now you get in there and power down for the night, Tachy. I'll see ya in the morning, girl. Good night." said Batou and he crashed onto his bunk. The Major was already fast asleep and snoring like a grampus across the hall.

At 0400 Revy Roberts and Neko Olson ended their guard duty shift when Leo and Mikey showed up to take over for them. Neko went down to her bunk in Mar's suite while Revy went upstairs to the bedroom she was using across from the ready room- the same one currently occupied by Batou and Tachy. Too tired to notice anything being amiss, she stripped down to sports bra and underbriefs, kicked off her sneakers and crawled into the upper bunk. Batou was asleep in the lower berth and Tachy was powered down in the shadowy corner beside the bathroom. The next morning she was in for a rude awakening!

"So oro happened last night, makoto? Ya get spooked so ya came over here to sleep with me or did ya just miss me, Honey? Time to get your ass up, gal! Rise 'n shine, sleepyhead! It's morning time!" Crack! Batou delivered a hard spank to his Major's derriere- or so he thought!

"Oro the Fxxxing Hell! Who hit me dammit?" howled an indignant and very pissed off Revy Roberts. Then she espied Batou. "Oro the Fxxx are ya doing in my bedroom, pal? Who the Fxxx are ya? Talk dammit!" she yelled, yanking out her twin 'Cutlass' cannons from beneath her pillow.

"Wow! You're sure a foxy babe! Where'd ya come from, Dollface? And just where the Hell have ya been all my life, man?" breathed Batou.

"Huh? I'm Revy Roberts and this is 'my' bedroom! Oro the Fxxx are ya doing in it? Ya some kinda pervert or something?" yelled Revy, leaping to the floor and pulling on sweats and jeans.

"Oro's with all the commotion, Mr Batou? Oh, it's you Miss Roberts. Good morning. Did you sleep well, ma'am?" yawned Tachy from her shadowy corner.

"Tachy? Do you know this whacko red-headed bimbo?" said a confused Batou.

Wham! A hard right crashed into his jaw which action elicited a yelp of pain from Revy! Her fist felt like it had just tried to punch a hole in a brick wall!

"Sorr but I'm a cyborg, Lady. My body's prothetic and strong as Kelvinite to boot. Hope ya didn't break your hand, kiddo. My name's Batou. That's Tachy over there. Your name seems to be Roberts- at least according to Tachy it is. She must have accessed the 'Angel 2' data files. And did anyone ever tell ya you're beautiful, Roberts?" said the strange looking dude she was sharing her bedroom with today.

"Kami! Gad, you ain't gonna ask me to have yer kids too, are ya?" demanded Revy who was still massaging her right hand.

"So Miroku the Mad Monk's back too eh? By the way er Roberts? You're new aboard her, ain't ya? (Revy nodded) So er did ya come through the rift too?" asked Batou.

Revy shook her kawaii head. "Yeah, I'm new here but nai, I did not zap in like you did although in a way I was sorta shanghaied! I'm here to teach the Academy recruits weapons and combat techniqies. My partner Rock (Obajime) is here to teach 'em all how to use computers and stuff like that. You er never answered my question, Mr batou. Oro the Fxxx are you and Tachy doing in my bedroom?" she demanded angrily.

"Starwind told us to crash in here for the night, Roberts. My Boss Lady's using the bedroom across the way. Sorry for cracking ya on the ass, ma'am! I er thought you were Makoto er I mean Major Kucinagi. Aw, let's go down and get some chow. I'll just collect my Boss Lady and then we'll split, Roberts." replied Batou. 'C'mon Tachy." he added.

"Can't I wait here for ya, Mr. B.? She's really scary!" whimpered the R2D2 thing. Revy went bug-aizued.

"No way, man! You guys got a 'Nammo' unit too?" yelled Revy.

"Nammo unit? Who? Tachy? Nai, she's a Tachikoma that is a computerized robotic android. She's loyal as jigoku (Hell) and well she does have her uses, Roberts." explained Batou.

"Call me Revy. Pleased to make your acquaintance, ma'am." said Revy a few moments later when they'd roused the Major. Makoto Kucinagi ignored the proffered outthrust hand and yawned.

"Yo there Boss lady! It's chowtime, man!" boomed Batou.

"Good morning, Major, ma'am." said Tachy brightly.

"Must you bozos always be so shimatta cheerful this early in the morning? Miss Roberts er I mean Revy? Is the 'Angel' still as informal as ever?" asked the Major and Batou grinned like a Cheshire Cat.

"Not that damned informal, Makoto! However, yo do look adorable in that getup! Those cute lil pandas (on her bikini underbriefs) really do suit ya, Honey!" chuckled the big guy before Revy darted past them and into Mako's bedroom. She yanked a black and white kimono off a hanger and turned to the Major.

"Here, ma'am. Lemme help ya." said Revy striking the portal release to shut the door. "Gomen er sorry about that, Honey but you were standing in the hallway in your undies! Let's get ya into this for now." she added, helping Mako inot the kimono and tying itsa obi (sash) for her.

"Man oh man! Now ya look like a lil panda doll, Boss Lady!" chortled Captain Batou but Major Kucinagi was fully awake now.

"Knock it the Hell off, Batou. Lead the way, Revy. I'm famished. You gonna bring that pile of junk along too? OK. I'm very sorry I said that about ya, Tachy. Christ, let's just eat already!" said Makoto and Revy escorted them to the lift and then to breakfast where a surprise awaited them all!

END of Ch 16. Ch 17 soon. Getting interesting eh? Wonder how we'll do at the Gate? Read on and r/r/s away as always. Have a wunnerful day and sfn/sys/jm/Kami bless you all for your interest and assistance. Hooble-toodle-doo! Toodles tomos watashi-K&K

Cont in Ch 17

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 17-Part 1

Here's Ch 17-Pt 1 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

DISCLAIMER: OK Villa, it's all yours! First, thank you to Mr. T. for the use of the Angels. Thanks to everyone else who is letting us use their creations. How was that, Yuri? Great! Oh yes it was, Kei! Well, we left you up in the air so let's get to Chapter 17 without further preamble:-

Chapter 17

'Ice Road In Space?' or 'Space Age Truckers?'

"Damnation! Pinch me, Mako! I think I must still be dreaming, man! How the Hell did that thing get in here? It's humongous!" yelped an astonished Batou. The Major and Revy were speechless as were most of the other 'Angelites' in the rec room. Parked beside the bar was an ancient mammoth Terran 'semi rig' circa late 20th or early 21st Century. It was oro were at one time known as 'tractor and trailer trucks' and although the 23rd Century did have its own 'riggers' those trucks were space goers for the most part being either shuttles or starcrafts! Deep black in shade with gleaming silver chrome trim it bore the absurd moniker of 'Crow's Nest' proudly emblazoned across its gigantic hood.

"Where the Hell's Mallik? Is this somewhere near the Aklavik or Tuktoyaktuk? How about the Beaufort Sea even? How I got off the Ice Road is beyond me dammit! Just where the Fxxx am I anyway? Is that Alayakky maybe over there? (He pointed at the main junction of Hallway One and the gantryways near the lift banks) Wait! That ain't no highway! Where's the Fxxxing road gotten to? Hey! Somebody answer me blast ya! I'm Fxxxing lost!" howled a very large and very tall bearded dude who looked a lot like Saint Nick on a bad day! He was seated at the controls of the leviathan antique and he looked pissed as jigoku at the whole universe!

"Get that monstrosity away from my bar if you please, sir!" cried Rukia who (along with Ryuuk) had drawn BOD detail today. 'BOD' is of course 'bartender of the day'. The truck driver finally climbed out of his rig and walked over to the bar.

"Honey, you look a little more with it than these idiots do. Could ya please point me towards the road to Mallik?" he asked Rukia politely.

"Mallik? Isn't that out near the 'Rygiel Cluster'?" wondered Legato Bluesummers.

"Nai, it's down Kagura and Gysymeo way, ain't it?" countered Han.

"There's a village called Mullok on the dark side of Mars if that's it?" suggested the 'cowboy' (bounty hunter) Spike Steigel and Ryuuk chuckled.

"I do somehow seem to recall a really Kami (God) forsaken village of about a thousand souls way up in the frigid Arctic wastelands on Terra er the earth as this gentleman would know it. And the inhabitants did call it Mallik I believe. Perhaps our large tomo (friend) means that place?" said the odious shinigami death god.

"Thanks a lot, my friend. I see you've got your stick on the ice OK. (The guy had only seen the back of Ryuuk) So just how far from Mallik am I?" asked the big rig operator.

"Oh, I'd guess about a thousand lightyears or so." replied Jamie Wilson, one of the duo of 'Jersey Jerks' who along with his compadre Goat Smith hailed from the Terran American state of New Jersey.

"What kinda stuff are you on, man? My name's Hugh and I've got a deadline to make so I'd really appreciate it if you'd just let me get back on the ice road again. Just tell me how to get there and I'm gone." he said. The room exploded with laughter until--

A guy even taller and heavier than the newbie lumbered down the length of the bar and Hugh did a double take. This guy sure looked like he wasn't even human! He looked like a raptor- a dinosaur! "Feller, ya got any idea where ya might happen to be right now?" asked 'Dynamo' and Hugh slowly shook his head and lit up a smoke.

"You happen to be travelling aboard a starship way out in deep space nowhere near to this 'Mallik' of yours back on Terra er I mean your world, sir- Earth." explained the patient Troglodyte engineer. Then Ryuuk turned towards them and Hugh got his first real look at the shinigami!

"What zoo did he escape from eh?" asked the trucker punching Ryuuk's arm causing the death god to face the Terran. "Good God in Heaven! Another one! Where the Fxxing Hell am I- Never-NeverLand?" roared the rigger.

"There's four more like him down in the bays." advised Jon Harlock, the ship's new security chief. He pulled out a pen and spoke into it. "Kome? Jon here. Lock onto these coordinates I'm sending from the rec room and transport everything within a hundred kilos around them. Send this thing down to the bays but leave the operator here at the bar. I'll take care of him. Ready? Then energize- now, Lieutenant." trilled Jon and Hugh's mammoth 'Crow's Nest' Peterbilt semi rig vanished in the wink of an aizu!

"Where'd my Fxxxing truck go? Dammit all to Hell! Didn't I just tell ya I gotta get to Mallik as soon as possible? That I got a deadline to make? You damned idiots! If there's even a scratchy on my rig I'll--" yelled Hugh.

"Sit yourself down there and have a drink, mister while I try to explain something to you, sir." said a pert blonde in a strange looking uniform. She sported gleaming silver railroad tracks on her epaulettes which Hugh took to mean that she was a captain and probably the boss of this thing he seemed to be on so he listened to her. A half hour and several drinks later Marlene Angel had at last convinced Hugh that he hadn't accidentally blundered into an insane asylum. Then the big dude heard a familiar voice behind him and turned.

"Hullo there, Hugh. Wondered what had happened to ya when yer rig up and disappeared twenty kilos short of Mallik. Thank God you're safe, Hugh!" said a second tall and heavyset trucker.

"Anyone else here we know, Alex?" he asked and Alex nodded sagely.

"Yup. Drew, Eric and Bear are right behind me. Our trucks are downstairs next to yours, Hugh. Ya got any coffee back there, ma'am?" asked Alex and Rukia started pouring out mugs of steaming hot java for all hands. Drew, Eric and Bear walked into the rec room trailed by Nyssa.

"Rukia, these guys could all do with some nice hot java and I could go for a cup too. Arigatou.." she said and took a seat beside Bear at the bar.

Mar turned to Neko Olson. "Ya better get the Boss down here stat. Then find Whitey for me onegai." whispered the pert blonde navigator and the Catwoman scooted off.

"This may take quite awhile, fellas so onegai er please bear with us." said Mar before once again launching into her spiel.

"Ten-Hut! Marshall in the room, folks!" cried Legato, rising and snapping to attention when a striking redhead with aizu of purest emerald strode into the room and up to the bar.

"Gentlemen, may I present Marshall Keirran Deirdre O'Shaughnessy O'Halloran, our commanding officer. Boss, this is Hugh the Polar Bear, Alex, Drew, Eric and Bear." said Mar who was performing the introductions.

"Her? Why she ain't much older than TJ was last year! She's the Captain? Great God in his Heaven!" said Alex, politely rising to his feet and removing his cap. The others silently followed suit.

"Kei? These gentlemen are truck drivers from--" began the blonde.

"The 21st Century Terran Arctic- the Canadian Northwest Territories. I know, kiddo." replied the Boss Lady.

"How'd ya know that, Reds?" demanded Revy Roberts.

"Because their pal here told me all about 'em, that's why. One of ya get Kome or Rally to transport the rig sitting in my Command Deck hallway down to to the bays with the rest of their toys stat." instructed the kimonoed firebrand.

"Hi guys! Boy, I thought I was never gonna see any of ya again!" said a tall pencil moustachioed guy with a Mohawk shock of bright aoishi (blue) coloured hair.

"Rick? We thought sure that you'd lucked out and were still on your way to Aput with that load of drainage pipe! So it's hail hail the gang's all here eh?" said Eric who sported a black moustache.

Cont in Ch 17-Part 2

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 17-Part 2

Here's Ch 17-Pt 2 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

"There's good news and bad news, guys. The good news is that you're all here together and safely aboard my starship the 'Lovely Angel 2', however, the bad news is it ain't 2008- it's 2251 and I dunno for sure when or even if you're gonna get back to those er ice roads of yours, kids. We'll do our best of course but I can't give ya any guarantees. While you gents are our 'guests' you probably won't be doing any trucking (or will they?) and your rigs will stay down in our nice safe warm docking bays. Ya can amuse yourselves however ya like but ya will all be assigned duties as my crewmen. While you're aboard my ship you will pull your weight like everybody else does. Right now you are sitting at the bar in our rec room and next door is our dining hall and galleys. You'll get the grand tour later. The pens that Miss Neko is handing out are communicators although their range is limited to only a few hundred thousand kilos. You'll also be given PDOs, personal data organizers. I take it you've all heard of cell phones? (They all held aloft their own cell phones) Well our PDOs are sorta like them except they've got vidscreens, medical tricorder scans, computers and a whole bunch of other good crap built into 'em as well. Light is handing out wristchromos to ya so ya can keep track of the time. I know they look like Terran wristwatches but they're a lot different as you'll be able to see when you get yours. After chow Villa will be issuing you weapons. Why you ask? Because all 3WA crewmen carry arms at all times. There are no exceptions to this rule and until further notice, gentlemen, you are all temporary 3WA operatives. Go along with Nyssa and Revy who will assign quarters to ya and get ya all settled in. Welcome aboard, kids!" said Kei, accepting three fingers of 'Jameson's' (Irish whiskey) from Rukia and draining it in one pull.

"Who the Fxxx are you people and what in the Hell's this 3WA of yours?" shouted Bear.

"The 3WA stands for 'World Welfare Works Association' and it's the peacekeeping arm of 'UG' the 'United Galactica Federation of Galaxies'. We are tro-cons or trouble consultants which are sorta like Terran 'Interpol' police agents or intergalactic cops if ya prefer. However, out here we 'are' the law, gentlemen and this is a patrol starship. Now as you can see by looking around ya we're really quite informal around here but I do insist that ya remain under arms at all times and I will accept no excuses, gents. That's all. Nyssa. Revy. Take 'em next door for some chow. Dismissed." said the young Boss with finality.

About an hour later Kei was relaxing in her quarters when her door klaxon chirped. "Come." she called and the portal swished aside to admit a startled Alex who stood there cap in hand.

"Excuse me, Miss. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" he asked, glancing around Kei's living room.

"Nai er not at all. I mean of course you ain't. C'mon in, kid." she replied and waved him to a chair opposite herself. "Onegai osawaru er please sit down, Alex. May I offer you a drink?" she added and he took the indicated chair which was quite comfy.

Alex, however, shook his head. "Sorry ma'am but I'm a teetotaler and I er don't drink alcohol." he replied.

"OK then how about something non-alcoholic? Coffee? Tea? Juice? Soda? Milkshake? I can replicate anything you like, tomo." she said and Alex finally grinned.

"Anything? Well ma'am back home in Yellowknife (the capitol city of the Northwestern Territories of Terran Canada and Alex's hometown) my wife makes old-fashioned 'sasparilla', a carbonated soda pop but it's sorta hard to find anyplace else outside of Western Canada." he chuckled.

Kei smiled. "Sasparilla, old-fashioned, iced and very cold in a frosty mug and java, my usual way and very hot onegai." she ordered and miraculously a frothy mug of icy cold sasparilla materialized alongside of a mug of steaming hot coffee. The redhead handed the cold drink to Alex and picked up her hot java. Alex gingerly tasted the concoction and beamed.

"Exactly the way my wife makes it at home! Amazing! Thank you, Captain." he said.

"It's Marshall actually but everyone calls me either Kei or Boss." she replied. "Now Alex, did ya want something special or did ya just drop by for a chat?" she asked and the big rig trucker frowned.

"Ma'am, I was just wondering about our cargoes on our trucks downstairs. That stuff we're hauling is worth millions of dollars and it is desperatley needed at Mallik and soon. So I was just wondering when and how we're gonna get back home, Reds?" he asked boldly and Kei stared grimly at him before replying.

"First, rest assured about your cargoes. My docking bays are air-conditioned and patrolled constantly. As to when or how you'll be getting back home well Alex tomo mine that is one question I can't answer right now. Ya see you guys came through a frigging hole in the fabric of the universe itself and since both the space and time it exists in fluctuates we cannot just er push your big rigs back through it to Terra. We--" explained Kei until her door klaxon chirped again.

"Yeah? Who is it?" she called.

"I must speak with you, Boss, however, if I am disturbing you I will wait and tell you tomorrow, my child. I apologize for bothering you so late. Good night." said Whitey's voice.

"Wait! Whitey! Don't go! I ain't busy! Alex, hit that panel next to ya marked 'PR' (portal release) and let him in onegai." said Kei, indicating the controls next to her door.

"This one, Reds?" asked Alex, hitting the 'PR' panel. The door shot back and Alex was staring at a small myopic gentleman wearing horn-rimmed spectacles circa the Terran 1890s.

"Ah, it's Mr. Alex isn't it? Call me Whitey, sir. Everyone else around here does." said the newcomer, shaking hands with the astonished ice roader.

"Pleased to meet you er Whitey. Hey Reds? Just who is this fellow anyway?" asked Alex and Kei smiled and waved Whitey to a seat beside her on the sofa.

"Believe it or not, tomo Alex he's one of the two 'Guardians of All the Universes'- he's the White one. I've lost track of his counterpart- the 'Black Guardian' but I think he's back at the Academy on 'Shimougou' with the vacuumhead er I mean Yuri.." chortled the redhead.

"No, my dear, he most certainly is not. He is here- with us actually. The fool's been trying to tempt Jerry Lewis and his 'WOOHP' spygirls over to his dark side but so far they all think he's just a harmless kook." explained White. Alex exploded suddenly.

"Look here, what about our deadlines, Miss Reds? When can we get back to our ice roading trips?" demanded a worried Alex and Whitey patted his shoulder.

"Have no fears in that regard, friend Alex. Time is relative, that is, it moves differently from place to place and time era to time era. (Alex looked like he thought Whitey was one brick shy of a load and definitely did 'not' have his stick on the ice!) What I mean is when you do get back to this ice road place of yours in AD 2008 back on Terra little if any time will have passed there while you have been away. It will seem like you gentlemen have been gone no more than a very few minutes. And as to when you 'can' go back there- unfortunately not for a good while. You see bringing the 'Angel' here to 'Warrior's Gate', a site beyond both time and space was 'supposed' to have sent everyone back home but well--" began the kindly old man who started to fidget this way and that until--

"It didn't work." finished Kei for him.

"So it's back to the old drawing board, I'm afraid." said Whitey.

"And just what do we do in the meantime, sir?" demanded Alex. A new voice boomed out from the vidscreens:-

"Oro you are paid to do if you er don't mind working for us while you're stuck here in AD 2251." said the voice from the vidscreens which showed the craggy care-worn face of Territorial Sector Chief Charles Augustus Garner.

"We're paid to drive the big rigs and deliver cargo if that really is any of your business, sir. Do you always just butt into other people's conversations whenever ya feel like it, friend?" yelled Alex.

"Hiya Charlie. Oro do ya mean by that? Gomen (Sorry), sir. This is Alex from AD 2008 Terran Canada. Alex, this is our boss, Territorial Sector Chief Charles Garner and I do believe he may have a job for you and the boys. Am I right, Charlie?" asked Kei.

Cont in Ch 17-Part 3

Thanks

Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 17-Part 3

Here's Ch 17-Part 3 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

"Right as rain, Deirdre. As you already know we are in the process of rebuilding 'Gysymeo' after you managed to blow up most of it. (Alex went white and glanced towards the exit worriedly. 'It was not my fault, sir and you know it, man.' mumbled the redhead and Whitey grinned) Well they need supplies desperately and the only way in is up the 'Tomoko River' and then across the 'Kanzaki Sea'. ('Why can't we just beam all their crap down to 'em or simply land one of our shuttles there at the site, Charlie?' asked the Marshall, firing up a cheroot and offering one to each of her guests. Both Whitey and Alex declined) The er solar winds, Deirdre? Did ya forget about them? Try to beam something down through those things and it's liable to end up anywhere on the blasted planet! As far as landing a ship there- the ice will not support that much weight (a shuttle weighs about as much as six fully loaded semi rigs) and the heat from its thrusters would melt right through the surface of the ice. However, if you were to put the 'Angel' down on that Northern escarpment above the 'Fujitsuki (Foo-ya-soo-kee) Ocean and offload Alex, his tomos and their semi rigs there they could make the run up the 'Tomoko' and then across the 'Kanzaki' to 'Basilisk' camp. That is of course 'if' they're interested in the job." explained Garner.

"How thick is the ice there, sir?" asked the ever prudent Alex.

"A meter (39.37 inches or a bit longer than a yard) or so." replied the TSC.

"And how much per load?" was the ice roader's next question.

"The heaviest load will be 12,000 metric tons but 'Gysymeo's' gravity is only half that of Terra's and the air is much denser. (Alex moved his index and middle fingers against his thumb) Oh I see. The pay is 500 credits that is (Garner calculated a bit on his PDO) 6,000 Canadian dollars per load and we will have at least 175 loads to be moved. You gentlemen can make yourselves a lot of money on this 'dash for the cash' run." said Garner.

"Just oro do ya mean you'll 'have' at least 175 loads to move? Where's all this stuff at now, Charlie?" demanded the fiery Amazon and Garner hedged a bit.

"Now Deirdre, we do need for you to pick up these supplies first. They're at our 3WA base in er 'Masane City' on 'Rygiel 9' in the 'Kappa' quadrant." explained her chief.

"Oro! 'Rygiel 9'? Ain't that right smak dab in the middle of that shimatta 'Andorrian' uprising?" yelled the redhead spilling her java. Alex and Whitey dabbed up the mess with napkins.

"Hai love but it really isn't too dangerous a mission and 'Basilisk' really needs those supplies before this year's yearly night sets in." said Garner.

"Yearly night?" queried Alex.

"Yeah. Every other year on 'Gysymeo' is a year of perpetual daylight while the alternate year is a year of perpetual night. Don't be fooled thogh. That daylight is more like a foggy day in old London town back on Terra and Charlie forgot to tell ya about the constant blizzards, the damned solar winds which gust from ten to ten thousand kilos and hour and of course the planet's gravity well. Oro all that means is you will have at most two and a half solar months , about seventy solar days, to get all this shit up to 'Basilisk' and us off the planet again. If we miss that gravity well 'window' my ship will be stuck on 'Gysymeo' for an entire year! (Kei sighed) OK Charlie, you win. If it's OK with Alex and the rest of his fellow ice roaders I'll go after the stuff but I will make the pickup by night under cover of darkness when it's safer for us to do it. Of course I'm still gonna 'cloak' the 'Angel' for the trip to 'Rygiel 9'. Lemme see now- 'Rygiel 9' is 6,000 lightyears away from here so it's gonna take us a whole week to get there. (Alex's aizu popped) Then another day or night actually to load up at 'Masane' and then another three day jaunt to get to 'Gysymeo'. That's eleven or twelve solar days all told. Then two and a half months give or take while we wait for the ice guys to do their thing and another week and a half to get home to 'Furool (Foo-lon) City' on 'Shimougou'. That's almost four entire months away from that shimatta Academy? And no vacuumhead to boot? Count me in, man! Alex? Call your pals and have 'em meet us in my ready room up on Level Nine in fifteen minutes. Just tell the lift to take ya to the ready room- stat." said Kei. Then she frowned.

"Four months? Oro do we do if Cueball and Wolfie find the cure while we're gone?" she demanded suddenly and Garner paled.

"Ask Whitey. Garner out." said Charlie, blanking out his vidscreen.

"Oro the Fxxx's he yapping about, Whitey?" asked Kei crossly and Whitey paled.

"I am a guardian and so is Mr Black. We can and will send all of your 'guests' back home 'after' 'Basilisk' is resupplied. Not until then though. We promised Mr Galadriel, Boss. So if you (Alex), the 'Polar Bear' (Hugh), Drew, Eric, Rick and Bear really want to get back home you'll have to agree to our terms and soon." said Whitey.

"And if we're to be sure of catching that gravity well 'window' my ship's gotta lift off for 'Rygiel 9' as soon as possible- not later than noon ashita. That means noon tomorrow, boys." added Kei. Alex started to sweat even though the temperature was a comfy 32 Kelvin (75 degrees Fahrenheit)!

END of Ch 17. Ch 18 coming soon. R/R/S away and Kami bless you all. SYS and SFN. Ja mata and have a super weekend. Toodles-K&K

Cont in Ch 18

Thanks

Re: Dirty Pair Fanfiction(AW)-Ch 17-Part 3

Here's Ch 17-Part 3 for ya. Enjoy-K&K

ANGEL WINGS

"Right as rain, Deirdre. As you already know we are in the process of rebuilding 'Gysymeo' after you managed to blow up most of it. (Alex went white and glanced towards the exit worriedly. 'It was not my fault, sir and you know it, man.' mumbled the redhead and Whitey grinned) Well they need supplies desperately and the only way in is up the 'Tomoko River' and then across the 'Kanzaki Sea'. ('Why can't we just beam all their crap down to 'em or simply land one of our shuttles there at the site, Charlie?' asked the Marshall, firing up a cheroot and offering one to each of her guests. Both Whitey and Alex declined) The er solar winds, Deirdre? Did ya forget about them? Try to beam something down through those things and it's liable to end up anywhere on the blasted planet! As far as landing a ship there- the ice will not support that much weight (a shuttle weighs about as much as six fully loaded semi rigs) and the heat from its thrusters would melt right through the surface of the ice. However, if you were to put the 'Angel' down on that Northern escarpment above the 'Fujitsuki (Foo-ya-soo-kee) Ocean and offload Alex, his tomos and their semi rigs there they could make the run up the 'Tomoko' and then across the 'Kanzaki' to 'Basilisk' camp. That is of course 'if' they're interested in the job." explained Garner.

"How thick is the ice there, sir?" asked the ever prudent Alex.

"A meter (39.37 inches or a bit longer than a yard) or so." replied the TSC.

"And how much per load?" was the ice roader's next question.

"The heaviest load will be 12,000 metric tons but 'Gysymeo's' gravity is only half that of Terra's and the air is much denser. (Alex moved his index and middle fingers against his thumb) Oh I see. The pay is 500 credits that is (Garner calculated a bit on his PDO) 6,000 Canadian dollars per load and we will have at least 175 loads to be moved. You gentlemen can make yourselves a lot of money on this 'dash for the cash' run." said Garner.

"Just oro do ya mean you'll 'have' at least 175 loads to move? Where's all this stuff at now, Charlie?" demanded the fiery Amazon and Garner hedged a bit.

"Now Deirdre, we do need for you to pick up these supplies first. They're at our 3WA base in er 'Masane City' on 'Rygiel 9' in the 'Kappa' quadrant." explained her chief.

"Oro! 'Rygiel 9'? Ain't that right smak dab in the middle of that shimatta 'Andorrian' uprising?" yelled the redhead spilling her java. Alex and Whitey dabbed up the mess with napkins.

"Hai love but it really isn't too dangerous a mission and 'Basilisk' really needs those supplies before this year's yearly night sets in." said Garner.

"Yearly night?" queried Alex.

"Yeah. Every other year on 'Gysymeo' is a year of perpetual daylight while the alternate year is a year of perpetual night. Don't be fooled thogh. That daylight is more like a foggy day in old London town back on Terra and Charlie forgot to tell ya about the constant blizzards, the damned solar winds which gust from ten to ten thousand kilos and hour and of course the planet's gravity well. Oro all that means is you will have at most two and a half solar months , about seventy solar days, to get all this shit up to 'Basilisk' and us off the planet again. If we miss that gravity well 'window' my ship will be stuck on 'Gysymeo' for an entire year! (Kei sighed) OK Charlie, you win. If it's OK with Alex and the rest of his fellow ice roaders I'll go after the stuff but I will make the pickup by night under cover of darkness when it's safer for us to do it. Of course I'm still gonna 'cloak' the 'Angel' for the trip to 'Rygiel 9'. Lemme see now- 'Rygiel 9' is 6,000 lightyears away from here so it's gonna take us a whole week to get there. (Alex's aizu popped) Then another day or night actually to load up at 'Masane' and then another three day jaunt to get to 'Gysymeo'. That's eleven or twelve solar days all told. Then two and a half months give or take while we wait for the ice guys to do their thing and another week and a half to get home to 'Furool (Foo-lon) City' on 'Shimougou'. That's almost four entire months away from that shimatta Academy? And no vacuumhead to boot? Count me in, man! Alex? Call your pals and have 'em meet us in my ready room up on Level Nine in fifteen minutes. Just tell the lift to take ya to the ready room- stat." said Kei. Then she frowned.

"Four months? Oro do we do if Cueball and Wolfie find the cure while we're gone?" she demanded suddenly and Garner paled.

"Ask Whitey. Garner out." said Charlie, blanking out his vidscreen.

"Oro the Fxxx's he yapping about, Whitey?" asked Kei crossly and Whitey paled.

"I am a guardian and so is Mr Black. We can and will send all of your 'guests' back home 'after' 'Basilisk' is resupplied. Not until then though. We promised Mr Galadriel, Boss. So if you (Alex), the 'Polar Bear' (Hugh), Drew, Eric, Rick and Bear really want to get back home you'll have to agree to our terms and soon." said Whitey.

"And if we're to be sure of catching that gravity well 'window' my ship's gotta lift off for 'Rygiel 9' as soon as possible- not later than noon ashita. That means noon tomorrow, boys." added Kei. Alex started to sweat even though the temperature was a comfy 32 Kelvin (75 degrees Fahrenheit)!

END of Ch 17. Ch 18 coming soon. R/R/S away and Kami bless you all. SYS and SFN. Ja mata and have a super weekend. Toodles-K&K

Cont in Ch 18

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 91 FirstFirst ... 18 58 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 78 ... LastLast