+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Duet

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Duet

This is a tale of mine and Renn's story we've done together. Enjoy.

-- -- -- -- -- --

The assassin sat with his head in his hand, his eyes lulled into a gentle stupor by the warm tavern environment around him. Around him other patrons laughed, shared tales about their journeys, sang, and listened to the bard’s ballad. The air in the tavern was warm as a dulled amber glow radiated throughout the room from three separate fireplaces roaring with flame as soot seeped away from the hearth.

Zyta shifted his glance from random person to another random person, quietly investigating them under his silent gaze. Silhouettes stood and sat all in a rhythmitic order, standing for another drink, sitting beside their companions, everyone caught with the same euphoric reality swelling up inside them. Unbeknownst to everyone else, a danger slowly rose up from within the room and spoke like a snake to the assassin’s ear.

Zyta ignored his client. He could feel a nullified sensation rising up from inside ebbing him slowly to sleep, but he shook off the sensation with a shake of the head and deep draught from his drink: a powerful clack coffee brewed to perfection. The stiff drink filled his empty shell of a body with renewed energy surging through his veins, pumping him with a raging power; a single jet of caffeine flashed his eyes open like lightning. He glanced at his companion, silently looking at her for a few seconds, then dragging his gaze away as he once more fell into a deep stupor.

“Just accept the job already, M,” said Zyta with a stressed tone, his voice dragged out every syllable. “This guy’s annoying, going on and on and on and on about his lost daughter. It’s pissing me off.” His words visibly stung his client. “M, name our price and let’s get to work already.”

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Duet

Here is the next part!!! ^__^

-- -- -- -- --

Willow looked at Zyta. She hated it when he called her "M". She looked back at the client. She could see that the man was in a great depression over his missing daughter. She felt bad for him, but she would not show it. Showing weakness, in this harsh enviroment, would mean death.

"The price will be 300 Ryo." She saw the man's face fall. "I'd take the price. Normally, it would be higher." Her eyes darted toward Zyta. Knowing him, he really didn't care that much at all, just as long as he got his money.

As the man took out his money, his hands quavered. Willow sighed and leaned forward. Her face inches away from the client, she spoke slowly: "I suggest you take the deal. Otherwise, my partner," her head beckoned toward Zyta, "will make the price a wee bit higher."

The man nodded slowly. He handed her the money. "Please bring her back safely." his eyes full of tears.

Willow could feel Zyta about to make a vulgar comment. She beat him to it. "We will. Now go on. Leave it to us." he left, his footing slighlty off. She glanced at her partner."Ready for some fun?"

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Zyta shrugged and spoke lightly, “Don’t suppose I could let you do it all?” As if already knowing what the answer will be, he smiled and spoke with a slightly more humorous tone, “Can’t let that happen, you’ll take all the money for yourself, you greedy little girl.”

The smoke filled tavern was beginning to irritate Zyta as did the smell of booze. He rose only after draining the last of his coffee and dug inside his pocket for some loose change and threw it on the table the amount he threw casually around caught the glances of several of the nearby patrons with greed in their eyes, saliva dripping from their hungry stares: The amount he threw was far more than one would usually pay for a building, let alone a rundown tavern as this. Without a further consideration Zyta threw his naginata over his back and tied it with a string, checked his other equipment and smiled to Willow. “Let’s get going M,” he said as he ruffled her hair, only the tips of his fingers touched her hair as most of his hands are covered with fingerless gloves.

His presence is so absolute that when Zyta left the tavern there was a momentary silence in his absence. The silence was short, only a few seconds long, but it was clear that he was a man with vast amounts of respect; if he weren’t his client wouldn’t have paid such a high price for his daughter’s safe return.

Some time had passed from when Zyta and Willow entered the tavern and now, for one it was already late at night as opposed to the orange and red hue in the evening. The air was also colder, a stiff wind blew lazily from building to building as if in search for something. The sky above was neither cloudy nor clear, there were a few hazy, mist-like clouds that could be seen, but no real threat to rain. The coldness was refreshing.

Zyta stretched, bones popping along his back and neck as his body moved about. Soon after he looked to the sky, his eyes mellowed and his face relaxed. He released a shallow sigh and turned when he heard Willow leave the tavern, too.

“Got the necessary info, Partner?” asked Zyta, he usually always leaves the boring details to her and goes on ahead.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

*sighs* Zyta you know how long I was waiting for this next part? You just like to be mean to me, don't you?

-- -- -- -- --

Willow sighed and she threw him a mischievous grin. "I'm not a lazy bum like you! Besides I got all of the infomation we need. Oh, one more thing. I told you not to ruffle my hair. It messes up my hair and only R-" Willow put her finger on her lips.

During her time with Zyta, Willow had never mentioned her. She was sure she had almost let it slip a few times. If she did.... well she really didn't want to get into that.

Willow felt Zyta's stare her down, but she ignored. "From what I hear, numerous girls have been kidnapped recently. I dug a little deeper and found that at every scene, there was this marking." she handed Zyta a worn piece of paper, which had a skull on it. Around the skull were six characters.

"I don't recongnize these symbols at all. Anyway, from what I found out, one local group carries this around. They call themselves the Dark Thugs. Very cheesey right? It appears that their hideout isn't very secretive either. It was so easy to find out where it was, since some of the members just go right out and say where it is. This should be a piece of cake. Nothing to worry about, right?"

Willow thought back, when she had said that to someone and they had ended up dead. Of course, she wouldn't make that mistake again. Besides, Zyta was different. She would be prepared. If worse happen, she would use her "secret" weapon. She smiled at the thought.

"Zyta," said Willow, her tone serious, "what went wrong with society? Did we mess up?"

Thanks

“It’s not our place to be thinking about society’s mistakes,” replied Zyta with a gentle smile that was quite strange on his facial features; it wasn’t a smile from the depths of his heart, or one that contained much emotion, if at all… it was merely a smile to reassure Willow that everything will be okay in the end, at the least her life will be guaranteed with him there. He placed his left hand upon her hair and before she could withdraw, ruffled her hair as if to spite her.

He quietly received the parchment and considered it intently. For a few seconds he was quiet as he considered what was written, his face betrayed nothing of what he thinking; already, it is clearly visible that the crystalline gears were moving in the far reaches of his mind.

“So we’re either fighting a group of perverts, or a single pervert acting like a group,” Zyta says whiles sighing disdainfully. “Personally I hope he doesn’t touch me, I may get sick.” Zyta turned his attention to Willow and stared at her for a few seconds before giving a mischievous grin, spoke, “You’ll be okay though, it says here that they only get the best looking girls.”

Thanks

zyta you really need to talk a little more before you start ^^ Like me!! It makes the people feel loved!!! XD Also, we have a little intro for a new char.(What?! I had no ideas and I need to do something!!!)

-- -- -- -- -- --

"Booo!"Willow glared at Zyta. "That was just rude!" she puffed her cheek out. She could tell he was trying not to laugh. She turns and walked away. She really didn't care if he followed her or not. She was angry and needed to cool down.

She looked about the town. It was small and not very prosperous. It made her kinda sad. All towns were like or almost like this town. Everywhere they went, it was filthy and poor. Only a few had made it through these times well, because the were rich(which there were not so many of) or they were like her and Zyta. A merc's life, whatever you want to call them, wasn't easy. They put their life on the line with each job.

Her mind began to wander, when some called out her name. A voice she could never forget.

"Willow Anderson!" Willow froze. Only one person, one in the whole world, would call her by that name. She turned slowly. There stood someone she had hoped she wouldn't have to see again. At least, this soon anyway.

"Rose?" she whispered
    Last edited by Renn; Dec 30, 2008 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks

Zyta shrugged as he watched Willow’s retreating back. What was she so angry about? In no way was it Zyta’s fault, surely by now Willow was used to his cruel side. It was also the truth, as far as he could see. And now she won’t be put in danger, Zyta clutched the instructions and went to fulfill the client’s wish.

Zyta walked to the west, Willow to the north. He avoided the main roads on purpose, he was quick and precise with his movements; anyone who caught a glimpse of him only saw him for a second before his figure blurred, faded and was lost in the night, like a dream with the coming of morning. He turned left and continued south for a few minutes, the town was higher up on the north side so that when he traveled south he was descending at a fair pace. At last he paused before a door, checked his surroundings one more time and entered stealthily.

As soon as Zyta stepped into the room he shot up an arm to cover his nose, his eyes instantly watering. In his other hand he held his metal bat. He could sense no one in the room, but several n the back. The room’s lightning was poor, dust particles rose and fell disturbed by Zyta’s presence. An inch or two of dust collected on the wooden floor boards and with each step Zyta took a mushroom cloud formed around his boot. There was little to no furniture in the room, Zyta easily accessed the back room…

Thanks

So sorrryyyy!!!!!! I've been so busy!! *bows* I'm sorry to you too zyta.....>.<

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

"Willow, where have you been?! I've looked everwhere for you. Do you know what I had to go through to find you?!" Rose was yelling now and Willow watched as bypassers stare at them. Her cheeks began to feel hot. Why did Rose always overreact. Willow sighed miserably and began to mope.

"What's this?!" Rose saw Willow's currant weapon, a pistal, and she started to inspect Willow over. "Have.......have you been fighting?"

Willow glared at her. "What does it matter to you? I don't want to have anything to do with our families' money! It's stupid and that's the reason everyone of is dead!"

Rose's eye widen and she just stared at Willow. It was the first time she had spited her. She hadn't meant to but all of her feeling she has been kept welled up just let loose. Rose glanced down, not showing eye contact. "I'm still here." she whispered.

Now Willow felt just awful. It was true. Rose was her only living relative. Everyone else was dead. Suddenly, Rose grabbed her wrist and started to drag her away. "Wh-what are you doing?"

"We're going home!" she stated, not even so much as glance back.

Willow dug her feet into the ground and and pulled back. "No! I won't let you take me away! You can't take me away from Zyta!"

"Zyta?"
    Last edited by Renn; Jan 15, 2009 at 03:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast