+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Guardian Angel

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Guardian Angel

Aa. I see. I'll post the next chapter on Tuesday or Wednesday. Thank you.

ayu
    Thanks

Chapter 03: The Boy

You!” Elie nearly shouted as she stood up, pointing a finger at him. The crowd was surprise for such a behavior. Allen chuckled at the young lass and grinned at her.

Aa, the lovely girl from the hallway. Are you hurt?

What hallway…? O, so he’s the bastard who was on my way.

The adults was confuse for a moment. “Do you know each other, Allen?” His mother asked, smiling.

Allen turned his head side ways. “No, no mother. You’ve mistaken. We’ve just ran down at each other at the hallway a while ago. She was quite a…” With a smile for her, he continued. “… kindhearted woman.”

He was mocking her? Who was he to mock her? Oh, he really is going to get it later. Anne tugged Elie’s green dress. She looked at her daughter and ordered her to take her seat. She quietly sat down, apologizing for surprising everyone with the fuss.

O Elie dear, it’s alright. Nothing to worry about.” Catherine beamed at Elie, making the lass blush.

~

When dinner was served, the crowd started conversing with one another.

Allen, what school do you go at?” Anne asked, taking a bite from her steak. Elle felt her spine cold. Something bad was gonna happen.

Well, I just went back from England. I studied there during my primary years and 2 years of my secondary. I’ll transfer at Westford Private High School next semester.” He answered.

O dear… Here it is.

Westford? Oh my! Elle also goes there! She’s a Junior there next semester.

Oh really? The probability of us being classmates are high then.

Elle just pouted. Just my luck...

~

"So, you've lived in London with your cousins because you were studying there?"

"Yep. Only for 3 years of course."

Edward lifted his phone, checking the caller. "Excuse me for a sec, I need to take this call. Sorry for the inconvenience." He stood up and left the table.

"I'm sorry for that. he has been really busy with the family business." Catherine explained, giving an apologetic smile.

"No, no. That's alright. We understand. Now back to the topic."

"You're also in several clubs? And even president of all of them? Isn't that great Elle? So... amazing. So talented. One person could not manage all of that... not even a boy!"

Allen just gave a small smile and continued eating. "But I'm only focused in swimming. Don't get me wrong, I like doing my other club activities, swimming is just my favorite."

"Well isn't that a pleasure! Our Elle doesn't know how to swim! Maybe you could give her a few lessons?" Mrs. Frolocke suggested, her eyes beaming with great delight. While her daughter, the poor Elie, almost choked on her food.

"MOM!" Elie protested.

"What? Well, you love water right? And since you don't know how to swim maybe he could teach you?"

"I'm sure Allen would love to give you a few lessons."

"I'd be delighted."

~
    After Dinner...

"Thank you for the great meal." Mr. Frolocke said, shaking hands with Mr. Damascus.

"No, thank you. Though I apologize for rudeness earlier on."

"That's alright. No big deal."

"I hope we meet again soon, Cath. I've missed you." Mrs. Frolocke gave a hug at her friend, who hugged her back.

"I've missed you too, Anne. It has been years. We can arrange a meeting tomorrow if you want."

"Sure."
    She smiled. "We have gotta be going now, it's quite late. I'm sure you're also busy."

~
    At the same time...

"Hey, wait." Allen stood in front of the door, waiting for Elie, who walked right passed him. He gently grabbed her by the wrist.

Elie turned around to face him. "What do you want?"

"About the lesson tomorrow..."

"I'm not coming." She retorted. Glaring at him. She was grateful to him for offering with the help but she doesn't need it. She's happy the way she is right now.

He laughed. "I know. But I'll still be waiting. At the private swimming area around 10 in the morning."

Was he deaf? Didn't I say it clearly? "I said, if you hadn't heard, I'm not coming."

"Oh, I heard. But I'll still be waiting." He winked at her and smiled. "Well then, see you tomorrow." He turned around and went to where his parents are. She saw only a small image of them walking away a few minutes later.

Wait, what?

He was going to wait for her.

Why?

What?
    Last edited by ayu; Mar 24, 2010 at 04:32 PM.

Newbie sevi is off to a good start sevi's Avatar
    Thanks

oh wow! i love this! i hope you finish this soon!! you have some real talent

Newbie RuriKyosuke is off to a good start RuriKyosuke's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sevi View Post
    i hope you finish this soon!! you have some real talent
    I agree. This is very nice! ^_^ Good luck finishing it!
    I love you, Kiryu!!!

ayu
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sevi View Post
    oh wow! i love this! i hope you finish this soon!! you have some real talent
    Oh thank you! I'll be posting the next chap next week.

Quote Originally Posted by RuriKyosuke View Post
    I agree. This is very nice! ^_^ Good luck finishing it!
    Thank you so much! Please continue the R&R.

ayu
    Thanks

For all of us who doesn't want to be confused (including me) here are the list of the names of the character in Guardian Angel. I've also highlighted and added colors to the particular character.

The Frolocke's
    Jean Frolocke (Dad)
    Anne Frolocke (Mom)
    Elie Frolocke (Daughter)

The Damascus'
    Edward Damascus
    Catherine Damascus
    Allen Damascus

I will also add lots of character later in the story, so this list will eventually grow.

Questions are entertained.

I will post chapter four next week and finish chapter three tonight or tomorrow.

R&R

ayu
    Thanks

Chapter 04: The Lesson

10:30 AM

Elie looked at the clock and sighed. She was supposed to be at the private pool area thirty minutes ago to meet with Allen for her first swimming lesson. But she chose to stay at her hotel room because she had no intentions of meeting him; even if he waits for hours.

I mean, it's not like he will. She didn't ask him to wait; he chose to do that by himself. She needs not to worry. She barely knew him. Yes, she was grateful that he saved her the other night but he offended her also at the same night and even mocked her last night.

Oh whatever.

Elie pulled out her lap top and tried to finish her summer homework. By the time she bore herself out, it was past 11.

I wonder if he’s still waiting. She stretched her arms out. Nah, that’s impossible. He’s been there over an hour…

Elie bit her lip. But to be sure…

She grabbed her wallet, phone, and iPod and stuffed it into a messenger bag and made her way out.

~

Elie arrived at the private pool area, gaining a pass from the guard since she had the hotel’s VIP card. She glanced around. There were two swimming pools, benches aligned on the right side. There was a small bar on the left and beside it was the locker area. But there was no one there. No sign of a blond, handsome boy waiting for her.

I knew he wouldn’t wait…

In some way, she was excited because she had no need to take the lesson after all. But there was this side of her, the little part of her that finds him attractive, was disappointed.

She hated to admit it but she expected him to be there, sitting on one of the bench, waiting for her to arrive. But then again, he was a guy. No one would be that patient.

She sighed. Why did she even bother to check?

“Oh well, time to go.” She turned around, walked towards the gate only to be stopped by a voice.

“I thought you’d never show up.” Allen had a big smile on his face, coming out from somewhere.

“I thought you already left?” She asked and tried to hide her smile.

“Me? I never left. Well, I did a couple of minutes ago to ask the chef to make lunch for two. But I’m here now. Waiting for you”

She tried not to blush.

“And you assumed I was going to come?”

“Nope, not assumed. I knew.”

Elie rolled her eyes. He grinned.

“Which do you want to do first? Eat or swim?”

She bit her lip. “Umm… I know you put a lot of effort in this but I really don’t want to learn how to swim. Besides, I didn’t really bring any swim wear or extra clothes.” She tried explaining; hoping her way out but Allen was a smart ass himself. He was too good to be true.

“That’s alright. The hotel has a spare swim wear and extra set of clothes in the locker area, no need for you to worry.”

“But I really don’t want a lesson.”

Allen smiled, thinking of a way to get her attention for the swimming lesson.
    “How about we have an agreement then? Take this lesson and evaluate later if you like it or not. If you like it then we’ll continue with the rest of the lessons and if you don’t then we’ll stop.” He said, folding his arms across his chest.

Elie raised a brow and bit her lip. He has a good point.

“Alright. Sounds reasonable.” She said, sighing.

Allen smiled again. “Great! But for now, let’s have lunch first. All those waiting made me hungry.” He turned around and started to walk towards the bar.

“Sorry about that, but you shouldn’t have waited. What if I didn’t show up?”

He chuckled. “But you did. That’s what matters now.”

For some reason, Elie wanted to say something back but she couldn’t. She was too dumbfounded and distracted. How can she erase that blush on her face?

~

The day ended pretty quickly. The lesson wrapped out around five in the afternoon. Elie learned about breathing exercises and paddling. You know the basics.

He was gentle and a patient teacher, that’s for sure. Elie was stubborn and slow to learn as a student (though regarding her academics is a different story). She couldn’t understand his instructions properly and because mostly she wasn’t listening.

“You’re a good student.”

“No, I’m not. And if I was, that’s because you were a good teacher.” She laughed at him. Her? A good student? Right.

He looked stunned and relieved at the same time.

“What?”

Allen shrugged. “Nothing. It’s my first time hearing you laugh since last night.”
    Was he observing? Maybe. Elie didn’t know.

Elie grabbed her purse from the table. “Well, I had fun today.”

“That’s good then I’m sure you’ll be back tomorrow.” Allen said, smiling.

She raised a brow. Cocky much? “Maybe? Maybe not. Who knows.”

He smirked. “I’ll be waiting then. Same time and place.”

Elie felt a smile coming. But of course, stubborn as she was, she wouldn’t let him see it. Probably a pride thing. But she knew she’d be coming back tomorrow.

Will edit tomorrow. DX SLEEPY!
    Wake Me With The Stars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2