+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Harry Potter & The New Threat

Newbie Grominator is off to a good start Grominator's Avatar
    Thanks

Harry Potter & The New Threat

After a year and a half of writing and monster amounts of effort, the fic of the century has arrived! Hope you like it! It's my finest work!!

Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to Harry Potter, InuYasha, Negima!, Death Note, Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, BoBoBo-Bo Bo-BoBo, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin or Fullmetal Alchemist. Possibly more disclaimers to come.

Intro: This is basically a massive crossover taking place 6 years after Harry Potter ends. It starts with Naraku and my favorite antagonist from Negima! joining forces to wipe out all magical civilization. Hogwarts is getting a lot of new teachers this year, and several of our Harry Potter favorites will return to help protect Hogwarts from the new threat, plus appearances by a whole bunch of everyone's anime favorites.

Harry Potter and the New Threat

Prologue:

The summer of 2004 was nearly over, and less than a day had passed since Fate Averruncus had returned to the human world. He had long since cut his ties with his subordinates and was now wandering the human world, looking for something to occupy his time, but to no avail. His mission to destroy the Magic World had failed. “I can’t believe I was foiled yet again by the Springfield Family,” he said to himself as he wandered the streets of a freshly destroyed city, having killed everyone simply out of frustration. They were not wizards or mages at all, just innocent people, but he didn’t care.

Less than a week ago, Fate had been defeated by Negi Springfield, son of his 20+-year enemy, Nagi Springfield, the Thousand Master. He had succeeded in destroying all 11 gateports in the Magic World, secured the only remaining gateport that had a chance of working, kidnapped the Twilight Imperial Princess and had came so close to completing the “ritual to return the world to nothingness,” but Negi had somehow found a way to rescue the captives, defeat the boy-sorcerer in battle and banish him from the Magic World with the same “forced transportation magic” he had used to separate Negi’s miniature army across the globe. He had been beaten soundly, and beneath his passive face, a deep hatred for the Springfield Clan began to burn. The boy turned away, preparing to take flight when he suddenly stopped, having sensed a strange aura nearby. “Who are you, and what business do you have with me?” he called, without turning.

“Your intuition is impressive, Fate Averruncus,” came a voice with a light chuckle. “My name is Naraku, and I would like to propose a partnership between you and me. I assure you it will be mutually beneficial.”

After a short pause, the young magi turned to see a silhouette resembling a white baboon with a blue face materializing before him. “What exactly do you have in mind, Naraku, and how do you know my name?” he asked.

“In case you don’t already know, young Negi Springfield has already used the very same ‘old abandoned gate’ to return to the normal world,” Naraku calmly replied, much to the surprise of the pre-teen sorcerer, although none showed on his expressionless face.

“I didn’t realize that you knew of that boy.”

“Feh. I have eyes in places you can only imagine, my boy. It was worth no effort at all to send my saimyosho into this world and spy on you boys,” was Naraku’s answer.

“Saimyosho?” Fate said in a confused tone.

“Simply put: the insects of Hell. I can see whatever they see, so it is simple to learn all kinds of information.” As Naraku spoke, a swarm of large wasp-like insects appeared around Naraku’s body. “More to the point, I can help you find and destroy the son of the famous ‘Thousand Master.’ Coincidentally, I happen to know that Negi, as well as the man whose life I seek, will soon be sent to the prestigious magic school known as ‘Hogwarts.’”

“I do not seek Negi Springfield’s life. He and I simply keep ending up on the wrong sides. Besides, he is of no threat to me. After all, his power is incomplete,” Fate responded through loosely gritted teeth, quickly becoming annoyed by what the strange being was saying. “Besides, he’s the only one who can keep me entertained.”

The boy was about to leave when Naraku appeared in front of him and whispered fiercely, “And yours ISN’T? What if I told you that if he and the Hogwarts witches and wizards were to band together, their power would far surpass your own? After all, there is no such thing as ‘complete power.’ One’s power can never truly stop increasing. If you let things continue as they are, it will be a repeat performance of 20 years ago.”

This proclamation brought a twinge of frustration to the young mage’s face, but his eyes were untouched. “No one can match my power, no matter how strong they are,” he returned the demon’s proclamation in a passive voice, but with a very faint hint of restraint. “Even the Thousand Master couldn’t destroy me 10 years ago, and he was invincible.”

“Awfully confident aren’t you? Well, what if I told that it is possible for you to increase your powers 100-fold? If you help me, I shall give you half of the sacred Shikon jewel shards that I possess. This jewel can boost one’s natural powers exponentially when used properly. With your new powers, you really would be invincible,” Naraku said in an ever-so-calm voice, holding out a nearly completed black jewel. “Let me cut to the chase, if Negi Springfield and Harry Potter, Hogwarts’ greatest champion, were to join forces with the staff and students of Hogwarts, you just might meet your end. Therefore, I suggest that we team up to destroy all potential threats within the magic world before they become aware of our existence. You do wish to ‘save the world,’ don’t you? Oh, and by the way, my sources tell me a certain High Daylight Walker will be present as well. Don’t you want revenge for your humiliating defeat at her hands back in Kyoto? There is also said to be someone connected to your past at Hogwarts. Ring any bells? If you don’t take me up on this, unlike 10 years ago, you will not survive this time.”

He makes a valid point. I have heard of a Harry Potter, one who killed that foolish weakling, Voldemort six years ago. I guess it couldn’t hurt to take him up on his offer. My power has indeed grown since the battle in Kyoto, although I have my doubts as per his claims about taking my power to such new heights. Besides, Negi foiled my plans in the Magical World, and I owe him a great deal. I may have failed my first mission, but now I must succeed. And that "someone connected to my past" doesn't make me feel any better about my chances if I let things be as they are. “All right. I’ll join you, Naraku, but I expect you to pull your own weight here,” Fate decided after a long pause.

“Agreed. Now, let us begin our search. We’ll destroy every magic school we come across until we find Hogwarts,” Naraku decided, and they flew off, in search of the nearest magic settlement.

Newbie missbad818 is off to a good start missbad818's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Harry Potter & The New Threat

its great! i really didn't think i'd like it but its way better than i thought it would be. hurry up and write more.
    Hard work never killed anybody but why try it.

Otaku zangetsu412 is off to a good start zangetsu412's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Harry Potter & The New Threat

I'm sorry but I just don't like the wole anime and harry potter mix.
    The world is full of fear and despair, that is is why we must find the light in this pit of darkness.

Newbie Grominator is off to a good start Grominator's Avatar
    Thanks
    That is unfortunate, zangetsu412. It may start off a little shakey, but the mix works, and I'll make sure that it works all the way through. It all a matter of making connections and filling in loopholes. For those who like it, tell your friends. I need as many comments as I can get before I put this on fanfiction.net.

Chapter 1

It was early morning, one week before start of the new semester at Mahora Academy. Ten-year-old professor Negi Springfield made his way to the dean’s office for his new class assignment. It sure was a lucky break to use that Old Ostia gateport and get back to Wales right before the new semester started. It was actually a good thing that Fate Averruncus was so thorough as to sever the time bonds between the worlds so that we didn’t miss the start of the new semester. As much as Negi had been concerned about his students who had been trapped in the Magic World with him, he had been just as worried about his job as a teacher. When he’d arrive at Mahora, he had been afraid to teach, but now he wasn’t a place he’d rather be than with his precious students.

When he reached the office door, he heard the voices of Dean Konoemon Konoe and Negi’s predecessor as teacher of class 3-A, Takamichi T. Takahata, conversing in serious tones. Bewildered, Negi paused at the door. “My goodness. What could they be talking about?” Negi wondered out-loud, as he pushed open the door.

“Ah, Negi. Welcome back!” The former English professor greeted Negi with a warm smile. “How did you fare over in the Home World? Find any clues as to Nagi’s whereabouts?”

“Well, not anything as of yet, but I…Wait a minute! How did you know about that?” exclaimed Negi with a distraught look on his face.

Takamichi only laughed. “Oh, come on. I wasn’t born yesterday, Negi.” In addition, Takamichi had been sent to there as part of a two-person backup squad, should they have been needed, but Negi didn’t need to know that yet. “If I know you as well as I think I do, then you used that trip to Wales to enter the Magic World in order to find out more about your father, Nagi. Am I right?”

Reluctantly, Negi nodded and said, “Yes, you’re right, but I was unsuccessful. I did learn something interesting from Mr. Rakan, though. And I’m not talking about the fact that he’s the Home World’s biggest idiot.”

This surprised Takamichi. “So, you met old Jack, then. I didn’t think he was still alive when he didn’t respond to my letter, but then, someone that strong and stupid couldn’t possibly be dead yet. Let me guess, it was Eva’s curse? The curse that rivals my ‘Kankaho’?” The “Kankaho” was a technique passed down to Takamichi by his late master, which involved the joining of magical power and ki as a means to incredible power and strength. Negi had been on the receiving end of this technique before in a tournament match, and it took nearly everything Negi had to defeat Takamichi in a close-to-all-out fight.

“AHHH!! Takamichi, how did you-?!” Negi started, when Dean Konoe cut him off.

“Listen, Negi. That curse is very dangerous and carries with it many risks. Under no circumstances are you to use it.” The Dean knew what he was talking about. When Jack Rakan had demonstrated it for Negi, he was ill-suited to the curse, so he blew himself up. It was non-fatal of course, but it did give Negi quite the scare. “Now then, to the point. Negi, you have been reassigned,” the Dean stated at once. “But don’t worry. Your work here has been nothing but successful, but you are needed elsewhere. I have received a request from the Dean of your Lutus Magorum for a new teacher at a magic school in Scotland known as Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

“But why me? Why must I leave Mahora now, after I’ve grown so close to my students?” Negi asked, shocked and upset with the new development.

“Apparently, there has arisen a new threat to the magical community of the world, and you’re the person that I’ve deemed most able to address it,” the Dean concluded.

“A new threat? Who is it?” Negi wondered out-loud.

Dean Konoe turned towards the window and said, “It’s Fate Averruncus, whom you fought back in the home world. He has returned and is now destroying every magical school and community that he comes across. He started in America and is now working his way eastward. Nobody has been able to stop him. It is also unclear as to what or who he is searching for.”

Negi did not look surprised. “I figured he would do this. Ever since I defeated him in the Magic World and forced him to return to this world with the same forced transportation magic he used on me and my students at the beginning. I foiled his plans to destroy the Magical World, but I couldn’t bring myself to finish him off, so now he must be taking out his frustrations on the human world.”

“Well what’s done is done and cannot be undone,” the elderly headmaster said with a wave of his hand. “Now we need to focus on what his plans are for the human world. He also seems to have help from an unknown entity. Among a fair number of the already destroyed magic schools, traces of clouds of toxic gases have been found, as well as hundreds upon hundreds of skeletons, both human and non-human, as though the flesh simply melted right off the bones.”

“Toxic gases and skeletons?” Negi said with a start. “That’s not like him. Normally, he just leaves his victims in petrified stone, but we could usually cure it afterwards. I’ve neither seen nor heard of him killing before.”

Over the next hour, Negi was briefed on the conditions of the new position. He would leave for London in two days to meet with a representative from Hogwarts, along with a select number of his best students, as there was a serious need for powerful security, because it appeared as though Hogwarts would be the final target, based on the direction Fate was headed in. Negi would become the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor, and would have one year at most to train everyone in Hogwarts, including the staff in the ways of Western Magic in preparation to deal with the newest threat to both the human and magic worlds. However, now Negi faced the hardest part of his day: choosing who was to go with him. If he chose one wrong person, Asuna would pound him!

+ Reply to Thread