+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearts and an Emptied Revolver. (HER)

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hearts and an Emptied Revolver. (HER)

I'm so mad I could double post... 115 views and 7 comments... GRRR....

Well, for my two faithful fans and all of the mystery people who apparently enjoy reading this... here it is.

'Office? That's strange,' Mikael thought to himself. He gave his head a shake and to his surprise the sign was still there. 'Odd,' he thought, 'why would there be an office in the sky?' Then he remembered that he was dead.

The clouds shifted and a door appeared under the sign. It had a metallic brass handle like any other a person would expect on an office door, wide and round. There was an odd thing about the door; its color. Instead of being fashioned out of some light colored wood -like most doors- the grain was very dark. It looked like highly polished ebony.

Mikael stood up he was sure that he was supposed to go in; he felt an urgency that seemed to possess him.

'How am I supposed to get up there?' he thought to himself.

He tried thinking of ways relying heavily on his immagination. After thinking of a few foolish ideas -none of which worked- like flying, the magic of the mystery room caught him and he began thinking about what could possibly be inside. He pictured tall walls of a circular chamber lined with books, suspended without any support. In the middle of the room was a large scholarly desk with a few volumes opened and strewed across its surface. Only a corner of the desk was left unconquered by the flood of paper. It belonged to a large ink pot and a quill.

To his surprise, Mikael was standing in the middle of the image he'd created in his head. He looked back to see the ebony door closing behind him. Unaffected by the fear that would normally infect a person in a similar situation -after all, he was already dead- he decided to have a look around the room. It was simple. The floor was a swirly marble slab, the ceiling appeared to be a black point at the center of numberless bindings to the same books that lined themselves vertically down the walls back to the marble floor. It made him dizzy to look up, like trying to find the point of a shrpened knife while staring down the tip, only the other way around.

Mikael became fascinated with the desk and couldnt resist the urge of nosiness that is born in every person and never really leaves them- something we've excused as curiousity. He aproached the ebony desk. Shame averted his eyes from the opened texts towards the inkpot. He studied the quill it was a deep crimson color the shaft was so dark that it seemed black. The whole thing gleamed in the surreal light that filled the room from nowhere and everywhere at the same time. There was a thin red syrup inside the pot -a lot like blood- just thick enough to hold the flowing quill in place naturally. Submitting to the burning itch to 'sneak a peak' at the books he became shocked and fascinated at what he saw.

In the center of the top margin on the right page- where the title usually is- was his name. Under it scrawled in a mad hand were three things.
    The words, "died prematurely",the date and the time
    Last edited by Corvus; Jun 04, 2008 at 07:33 PM.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Excellent addition ta the story, I especially like the foreshadowin'. An indication that his death may b apart of a larger scheme? Hmm... Oh and 'bout my post earlier, I meant no offense wit the my referin' ta ur story in the past tense. I wasn' tryin' ta indicate that it would die. In fact, I'm lookin' forward ta u finishin' it.

P.S. Oh, and I know how ta spell ur name. What happened was that I had my hand positioned in the wrong place on the keyboard and I accidentally keystroked the i instead of the u when I typed ur name and didn' notice 'til jus' now. Sorry.
    Last edited by Joe Mage; Jun 03, 2008 at 04:20 AM. Reason: Addin' somethin'

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

Khanis messages sound like stalker messages, and thats just wrong, yet i agree with her, this is awsome, please continue
    fear the reaper

Child Of God Kiani Haki22 is off to a good start Kiani Haki22's Avatar
    Thanks

lol...they do...but hey I like the second part...keep on I because it is like chocolate you cant have only one piece..lol.

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

At joe mage: The color I used is "redsand" =P This isn't red...
    Hey, don't worry about it, taking me 100% seriously might've been your biggest mistake in causing yourself a little more stress then you needed =P I only said that stuff half heartedly.

At demonicloud:your color is "sageblue" doesn't look blue to me =S
    Welcome to the third person on the list of faithful fans who comments. =P let me just say that I appreciate you pointing out Kiki's (ahaha she might hate that nick name...) stalkerish tendencies. However, it looks as though you've joined the club =P I will have more as soon as I think up more... as school is almost over I might be able to get onto a regular schedule for this... who knows (hopefully) anyways, there will be more. There has to be.

At Kiki: and yours is "autumngreen"
    I'm sorry, your recent condition is entirely my fault... I'm trying to develop a bigger set of regular readers so I keep leaving viscous fishooks in there to attract more people. Once I get enough people that'll stop and I'll rely on the things being interesting in and of themselves without leaving half completed thoughts to lure people in. (That way you wont be so drawn to it =P and who knows, you might not seem stalkerish anymore either ^^

Try typing the colors in for yourselves... =P and I thought that I was color blind welcome to AO everybody and this is my imaginary world of words and color. =P "ivorypink"

Thanks

No I do not mind the nickname Kiki...it is fine with me....thats okay with the lingering endings I like them keeps me wanting more...

Thanks

Welcome.The voice came from everywhere and nowhere at the same time it wasn't loud but almost quiet enough to seem like it was in his head.

'Hello?' despite the size of the room there wasn't any echo to Mikael's voice. It was absorbed into the books on the circular wall. He almost wasn't sure if he'd said anything at all. But there was an answer.

Hello little one. We've been waiting for you. The voice was the same as before.

'Where am I? Who are you?'

'You are dead and we are death.'
    The voice had a source. Mikael spun around to look for it. Nothing was there.
    'What do you want from me?' he asked the mysterious presence.

'So many questions but so little time.'
    The voice had a sound, it was whispering into his ear. He looked at it and wished he hadn't. The source was a woman, piercingly beautiful. She looked exactly like Amber but her hair was black and her eyes were purple. Her face was hardened wisdom and agelessness so she looked innocent and knowing at the same time. 'I'll guide you through the baby steps of our existence and now yours too.' She was gone.

'Step one: Don't fall'

An abyss opened just in front of his feet and he felt a pushing sensation against his back, then he fell.

(I'm keeping this one short eventhough it's only 1/2 of what I wanted to write I dont' have time. So there isn't a monstrous hangover to this one. Unless of course you want to know where he's falling to. Along with the rest of this amazing story that's just waiting to unfold.) Comments please! ^^
    ~CORVUS~
    Last edited by Corvus; Jun 08, 2008 at 07:56 AM.

Thanks

I like this sectionof the story not the best ending to a part of a story...but it is gooed enough....keep on writing though and at the end I believe there is an error....you said then fell should it be then he fell it would of made it better ending just that one little word. That is just mys opinion though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast