[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Secretly from the trees a young girl watched as her crushed trained with his team. She admired him so much. Every night she'd wish upon a star for the bravery to talk to him. But her dream never came true. You would think after three years of wishing it would come true.

'I've grown so much from when I began as a genin, but still not enough to talk to him. I've almost died many times. But still I lack the courage to talk to him.' She turned to walk back to the village then she heard her name being called.

"Hey Amai..." Kiba yelled.

Amai turned to see Kiba, Shino, and Hinata walking to her.

"What' cha doing out here?"

"Oh. I-I was just l-looking for Hinata." Amai spoke quietly; she blushed when she looked up to see Shino staring at her.

"Really, what for?" Hinata asked.

"Um, I finished my training for today. I-I was just w-wondering if you would h-have lunch with me."

Hinata smiled, "Of course. Would you like to join us, Kiba, Shino?"

"Uh!" Amai looked at Hinata blushing. She gave her a look that said, "Are you crazy."

Hinata returned that look with a, "You can do it. I believe in you!"

Amai nodded.

"Sure, I'm hungry too. What about you Shino?"

He kept his eyes on Amai and nodded. She blushed and turned around and started walking with Hinata.

"Why did you ask them to come?" Asked Amai

"You need to talk to him, Amai."

"I can't Hinata. I'll talk to him, when you talk to Naruto."

Hinata blushed, "You know I can't do that, Naruto doesn't even live here anymore."

Amai turned away, "Yea, whatever."

Kiba came up behind them, "What' cha two talking about."

Amai turned red and waved her hands back and forth. "N-n-nothing Kiba, just girl talk."

Kiba looked at them skeptically and put his hands behind his head, "Yea, what ever."

They reached the ramen bar and sat down. "Hey Amai…"

"Y-yea Kiba?"

"Are you going to the festival tomorrow night?"

Amai blushed and shook her head, "N-no, why?"

"Well Hinata is going on a mission with Neji and Shino here isn't going. Would you join me and Akamaru?"

Amai blushed and looked at Hinata; she gave her a slight nod. She turned back to Kiba, "S-sure Kiba."

Shino narrowed his eyes from behind his glasses.

Their ramen came and Amai turned to Hinata. "What kind of mission are you going on?"

"Neji and I have to protect a girl. They are threatening to kidnap her."

"Oh." Amai slowly lift the chopsticks to her mouth. She watched Shino from the corner of her eye.

While they ate they talked about random stuff.

"Hey the Chunin exams are coming up soon." Kiba said.

"I h-heard that the new genin a-are pretty g-good." Amai said.

"Yea, and Konahamaru seems to be the new Naruto." Said Kiba.

Hinata turned a little red at the sound of Naruto's name. Amai smiled at her. When the bill came

Amai thanked the man and paid him.

When they walked out Amai said, "A-are you guys g-going to do a--anymore training."

Hinata shook her head. Amai smiled, "G-good. Let's go then Hinata."

"Where?"

"Girl stuff." Amai turned and started walking with Hinata.

"So where are we going Amai."

"Well I don't have anything to wear tomorrow. I might as well buy something nice."

"What for, you’re going with Kiba."

"I know but I don't want to go looking dumb. It's a festival. We're supposed to dress up."

"You think Shino will be jealous?"

Amai's face turned sad, "He doesn't like me Hinata. Or else he would have asked me. I don't want him to be, if he does like me, that is."

Hinata looked at her friend sadly. She wished she could tell her that Shino did like her, but she didn't know.

Hinata and Amai entered a shop. There were two people working there. They nodded at them.

"Okay, Hinata. I want something nice but not revealing. I don't want Kiba to drool over me."

"Okay. I'm sure we will find the perfect dress."

They looked around for a while. "Oh Hinata I don't think I'll ever find a one"

Hinata sighed, "That's because you're so picky."

"What'd you say?"

Hinata waved her hands back and forth, "N-nothing at all."

Amai was about to say something else when she saw a dress. Amai walked over to it. "Hey Hinata I haven't seen this one before. I thought we looked here already."

"Huh. We did. I don't remember seeing it either."

"Oh this is perfect." She held it up. It was white and had yellow flowers on it, and a yellow obi.

"Pay for it and let's get out of here."

Amai nodded happily, "Okay."

Hinata and Amai walked their separate ways. "See you later Hinata."

"You to Amai."

FONT]