+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The journey of Kuryu

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

The journey of Kuryu

This is a play that I was told to write in Creative writing class, its short but it was supposed to be short, I wish I had more time to complete it better. but this is what I got.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The journey of Kuryu

The Journey of Kuryu
    -by Me (this wasn't on the paper)

Cast of Characters

Kuryu Takahashi A lonely subtle female samurai warrior
    Yumi A blue talking poison dart frog
    Masquerade An evil guy plotting to take over the world

Setting

Outside on a black dirt path way

Scene I
    (Curtains part and Kuryu walks in stage left wearing a black kimono and holding a sword)

KURYU (Looking up at the cloudless sky, Kuryu is holding her sword in the sheath attached to the right side of her black kimono and a brown burlap sac with a strap hanging over her left shoulder. She thinks to herself) Hmm… What shall I do today? (Scratches her head) It’s so dull nowadays and there is nothing to do. After my last mission of saving a princess from the witch that her father had sent to kill her; I have been bored. (Holds her hand over her stomach) Plus I have become quite hungry in the process. (She sighs and keep walking on)
    YUMI (A shouting voice coming from the ground) Oww! Oow! Watch where you are walking there buddy! (The frog is squirming around on the ground)

KURYU (Looks down and sees a blue frog) Oh I’m sorry, excuse me. (She steps over it and keeps walking. Then she pauses, scratches her head, and slowly turns around) Uh…? (She stutters then looks back down at the frog)
    YUMI (The frog hops up on its feet again) What are you looking at… you haven’t seen a blue frog before?

(Kuryu looks puzzled then bends down to get a closer look at the frog)

KURYU Yea, I mean no, I mean I have seen a blue frog before but that is not why I am looking at you strangely.
    YUMI (The frog stares at Kuryu confused) Then what are you puzzled about?
    KURYU (Opens her eyes wide then starts to think) Hmmm... Gee… I wonder? Maybe it’s the fact that um… you talk! (She shouts in the frogs face)
    YUMI (Hops backward a bit) Talk? All frogs talk, every thing talks; it’s just that humans tend to ignore us most of the time. Or talk in that cutesy voice that I absolutely hate. (Talks in a baby cutesy voice) “Oh my goodness! Aren’t you just the cutest thing, so shinny and pretty I bet you get a long with your other little frog friends?” (Dances mockingly, then goes to a mad face) I absolutely hate it when humans do stupid stuff!
    KURYU (She stands up) Yea I see what you mean. Any ways where were you headed before I stepped on you?
    YUMI (Says in a calmly voice) Actually I was just hopping around. See I actually don’t get along with the others in my local pond I stand in the background, I prefer it there.

KURYU (Watches down at the frog, still a bit overwhelmed that it talks ) So do you have any place to go?
    YUMI (Looks down shyly) No, I got mad and left for good, but now I’m not sure I should have made that choice?
    KURYU (Leans down and extends her hand out palm up) Well my name is Kuryu Takahashi, would you like to come with me?
    YUMI (Looks up and hops back from her hand) My name is Yumi, and I guess it wouldn’t hurt to, but you should know something.
    KURYU (Still holding her hand out) What?
    YUMI I’m a poisonous frog so you I cant touch your skin or I’ll burn you.
    KURYU (Pulls back her hand) Oh.

(Kuryu opens her sack and pulls out a glove then slips it on her hand and puts her hand back to the ground. Yumi then climbs on to her hand and the hand raises to her shoulder which Yumi climbs onto)

YUMI (Looks around amazed) Wow what a great site up here!
    KURYU (Nods her head) Yes, yes it is. Shall we be off now?
    YUMI (Smiles) Yes we shall.

(They both take off further on the path.)

I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!

Thanks

Scene 2

(Kuryu and Yumi begin their new journey together. They keep walking)

KURYU (Sighs) Hmm… I still can’t believe you talk.
    YUMI I can. Plus by the way, where are we going?
    KURYU (Looks up at the sky again) Well, actually I don’t know either! (Laughs)
    YUMI (Gives a loud sigh) Well that’s just great.

(A loud boom crashes over the set in the background. The two of them look around in shock. Then another boom as the spot blows up in front of Kuryu and Yumi)

KURYU (Kuryu takes a jump back and clenches her sword)
    YUMI (Starts to shake) What is going on?
    KURYU (No answer still standing her clenching her sword)

(A cloud of smoke covers the path. A shadow emerges in front of them.)

MASQUERADE (Steps out of the cloud of smoke.) Miss Takahashi! How has the weather been? (He says with a deep evil smirk)

KURYU ( Stands back puzzled, looking at the tall shaggy man in front of her with a long black trench coat that blows behind him as the wind swirls. His long black hair blowing in rhythm with it, and his icy blue eyes have a deep stare to them. She stands, but still says nothing)

MASQURADE (Spreads his arms open) What no greeting? (gives a pitiful sad look)
    YUMI (Shivers then whispers to Kuryu) Do you know this creepy man?
    KURYU No I do not recall seeing him before? (She whispers back)
    MASQURADE (Looks at Kuryu’s shoulder) Who the hell are you talking to?
    KURYU (Clenches her sword tighter and her face looks mad) Stand back! Who are you? Why are you blowing things up? I didn’t do any thing to you?
    MASQURADE (Carefully stands back) Whoa, lady hold on here, plus what is with all the questions? Let me introduce my self. I am Masquerade, and I have come too seek my revenge on you. (Grins deviously)
    KURYU (Puts up her guard, and sets down her sack) Why, who sent you?
    MASQURADE You did of course don’t you know? You killed my mother.
    KURYU Who is your mother?
    MASQURADE That witch you killed to save that prep of a princess from last month. That was my mother! (He begins to yell)
    KURYU (Her eyes widen) You’re her son?
    MASQURADE Yep and I am coming after you honey! (He leaps forward at her and pulls out a staff, a bright white light emerges from the tip of it and shoots out)
    YUMI (Jumps off her shoulder to the ground and hides down in the ditch)
    KURYU (Pulls her sword out of her sheath and lunges back wards to avoid the attack)
    (Kuryu takes her sword and attacks Masquerade, he blocks the attack with his staff, then he grins at her)
    MASQURADE Are you having fun yet? (Laughs loudly) I am!
    KURYU (Her face turns red in anger and she screams and knocks him to the ground)
    (A cloud of smoke where he lands)

Thanks

Scene 3

(Kuryu Stands alert with he hands on the hilt of her sword ready to pounce when if he returns. Then the smoke parts and Masquerade is standing there in the clearing)
    MASQURADE Looks like you’ll have to try harder than that! (Lunges after her, he grabs the head of his staff and pulls it off and throws it at her. The pulls out a sword of his own)
    YUMI (Looks up from the ditch)
    KURYU (She blocks the staffs head from hitting her then Kuryu tries to block the sword’s attack)
    MASQURADE (His sword ends up slicing her sleeve off and penetrating her skin) Bleed you witch! I want you too feel the pain my mother felt before she died!
    KURYU (Holds her injury and starts to breathe heavily) Your mother was a bad woman, she killed thousands in a city then tried to take the life of an important girl. (Huffs) You don’t have to be like this!
    MASQURADE (Lunges at her and stabs her in the chest)
    KURYU (Screams intensely and falls to the ground)
    YUMI (Leaps up and lands on Masquerades face burning his eye out)
    KURYU (Uses every last bit of strength she has and while he is distracted apologizes and slices him) It didn’t have to be like this.
    MASQURADE (lies on the ground bleeding unable to move)
    KURYU (Looks at him on the ground, picks up Yumi and her sack and walks onward)

(Exit stage right, curtains close)

+ Reply to Thread