+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kiki's Plight (Original Story, not a fanfic.)

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Kiki's Plight (Original Story, not a fanfic.)

I could feel the warm drops as they fell between my toes. It's not the most pleasant feeling. Blood between my toes, not cool. There's an Azazel head by my feet; the rest of the body is on the floor behind me. I take a deep breath and sigh in relief. Finally. I thought that guy would never die. I take a minute to catch my breath. I've been stuck in this prison for more than a few hours. I don't know why I'm even alive any more. Sagan's not coming out of that coma, everyone else is probably dead, and I'm here, surviving my fellow prison mates. I fall on my rear, the dead Azazel's body right next to me. I don't even know how I survived fighting this thing and making it out alive. Despite how much I hate myself for saying it, I really wish Sagan was here to save me from this.

It all started with a search and rescue mission that went horribly wrong. I don't know what it was, but something felt wrong as soon as we got in-we being Regan, Karina, myself, and the first platoon. We had returned to Blaze City, where a distress signal had been going off somewhere in the southern part of town. It was Regan's choice to go check it out. Honestly, we would've been better off if we hadn't.

It happened so fast. Azazels surrounded us, and the battle broke out. I didn't have time to fight anything, just my luck. All this time I'd been dying to finally slay my first Azazel with my hands. Now that I think about it, I shouldn't have been so anxious. Shooting something from a distance is like any other stupid video game, but walking up to a creature and jamming a broken lead pipe into its chambers isn't exactly something you can read up on. Either way, after the initial surprise of Azazels, all I remember was something blunt smacking the back of my skull. I woke up in this damn prison cell. I was angry, very angry. Was I not a worthy enough opponent to kill? Maybe Xavier wants to torture me for information; I'm not sure.

When I woke up I wasn't wearing my regular clothes; I was in a damn potato sack. Who undresses a prisoner? Then a bad idea crawled into my head. I slid my h-and between my legs-no undergarments-I felt around to see if there was anything rough done to me while I was out. I let out a long sigh of relief, everything seemed intact-I suppose. It was at that moment that I realized I wasn't alone. It came and attacked me from behind; it was probably waiting for me to wake up. This sick creature probably wanted me to put up a fight. I bet it wanted to make me struggle while it killed me.

He was one unlucky piggy. After a while of me struggling, the Azazel jumped off me so quick, you would've thought I electrocuted him. I took advantage and turned to face my foe. He was pressed up against the wall, his face was all bloodied. I guess at one point I head-bashed him; but I hadn't felt a thing. He lunged at me again, but this time I felt something. By my feet something sharp. I quickly reached out and grabbed it. A knife? I didn't have time to really question it. The pig was above me when I looked up. In that instant, my instincts took over. I jumped forward between the pig's legs and turned to kick the inside of its knees. Down went the little piggy. I sprang up, grabbed its head and put the knife's serrated rim to work. The pig squealed only once as the jagged edges went across its fat neck.

I had no idea my instincts were so violent, in the blink of an eye, here I am. The pig's head still on the floor, and its body behind me. What the hell just happened? Did I really just rip off that pig's head? When did this happen? Why did he wait for me to wake up to attack me? Where did this knife come from, and who placed it inside of my cell in the opportune moment?

So that brings me to where I'm at right now. In a dark prison cell, my cell mate is decapitated, and somehow I have a knife. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I have to slow my heart down and let the adrenaline go away. I wish it were that simple; I hear a door open and close. Footsteps follow after, and my heart is racing. It's dark, and I can't see what's coming. I hold the knife close to my chest. I'm shaking so hard I'm afraid I'll cut my chin. Outside of my cell I can see a dark figure walk in. It's wearing armor; I can hear it as it clanks together as it steps in front of me. At first, I don't look up. I'm wrapped up in fear, and with each shiver I hate myself more and more. I slowly gather my courage and look up. I can only see a shadow of its armor. Then I look at the helmet.

I almost shriek. It's completely dark, there is no light at all, and yet I can see him staring at me. His eyes are looking right into my heart. I know who this is. I see it in his eyes. His eyes are glowing, like a demon from Hell in the night ready to consume me. A piercing velvety color, malicious and vile; he smiles as if he could see my reaction. I'm dying on the inside. I don't want to be here, I want to be with Sagan-but he's not here right now... He wouldn't want me to be afraid. A spark of courage lights inside of me, and a voice in my head tells me that I don't have to be afraid. I'm a Terran, and a damn good fighter!

I slowly rise to my feet, my eyes dead set on the bastard in front of me. He breaks the ice, "Well now, isn't this interesting?"

His voice is cold and wicked. I keep quiet and hold the knife close. His eyes don't move. "So you killed that helpless pig, how did it feel? Did you enjoy ripping his head off? Tell me."

He's trying to get into my head. He's trying to freak me out and let my fear take over. I don't say a word; the smile on his face fades slowly. "Not much of talker after your first kill, are you?"

I bite my lip; I don't dare say a word. He's getting impatient; I can hear it in his breathing. He takes a deep breath and smiles again. "This must be why Sagan loves you so much. You aren't just sex appeal are you?"

I can taste blood in my mouth. I want to grab that bastard and send him straight to Hell, but I know better, he's as strong as Sagan. Then Xavier said something that I wasn't expecting, "Why isn't Sagan here saving you? Or did he not want to save his princess anymore. I wouldn't blame him; you're not exactly a little princess in need of help."

My instincts take over again, and I'm up against the bars of my cell trying to swing the blade at Xavier's head. He's quicker than me and just takes a step back, and I'm left swinging at the air. "Bastard!"

I take a step back and look at him, "Just because Sagan isn't here, does not mean that I need protection, Xavier."

I can see his head shaking slowly, "How very interesting."

I shudder. That doesn't sound comforting. He turns to leave, and I fall back against the wall, my dead friend still there. He continues out the door, closing it behind himself. I stab the blade into its heart. I'm so pissed, I need to stab something. I sigh once again. I miss Sagan... I know that I'm a proud Terran, and I know how to fight, but I've had times, when I'm so thankful he was there to help me. I wasn't always like this. I used to fight and stand up for myself. I grew up in a household where I was the youngest. The little princess, they used to call me. I hated that. My biggest brother used to say that I cried at almost anything. I don't know if that's true or not, but one day I just stopped crying.

This is just, a taste of my writing. I do hope you enjoy. If this post goes noticed, I might go and place more on the story. We'll see
    Last edited by N.Y._Soulja; Jun 16, 2012 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Still trying to figure out how to work all of this haha.
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kiki's Plight (Original Story, not a fanfic.)

I'd really love some feedback! Please, it would be a great service if you did

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Thanks

Woah, 116 views? That's crazy!!! No comments though? Come on guys don't be shy! I'd love some feedback!!

Newbie 0toto is off to a good start 0toto's Avatar
    Thanks

SO far so good! ( * 7 * )
    I haven't finish reading it yet though! *since I got work to do* I'll be sure to give you feedback when I finish it! <3

+ Reply to Thread