+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Kiss

Newbie BubbleBlower is off to a good start BubbleBlower's Avatar
    Thanks

Last Kiss

Maybe fate brought us together. Maybe fate separated us forever.

I do recall now, the first time we met. Your smile filled my life with warmth and sunshine. I still remember the smell of the rain, fresh on the pavement. That July night, the beat of my heart, pounding frantically; everything came rushing back to me. I remember the sweet aroma of roses dancing around us. I still remember the feel of your lips, the safeness of your arms, the life that you had, that coloured mine with warm shades. The sugar-coated smile you had is still etched in my memory; forever vibrant never fading.

I remember the words that you whispered for just us to know, you told me you loved me, so why did you go away? Far, far away?

It was that December night that changed everything. I could still remember it just like you would remember to breathe. I could still feel the cold breeze that whooshed past us. The soft pearl snow that trickled down from heaven. The hot breath let loose voluptuously into the cold night sky. I could still feel the pain that lingers in my heart. I still remember that look on your face. It lit through the darkness in the middle of the night. It was a smile so simple, so beautiful yet that smile killed my heart softly. The pain spread like a disease. Why did it have to happen this way?

Maybe God knew this was going to happen. It has to be, because it would never have ended this way. The red string of fate was fading now. Maybe if I tried, maybe if I was strong enough, strong enough to heal the pain, everything would go back to normal. But it was too late wasn’t it? You’ll never come back, ever, because God took you away from me, before I could even say goodbye.

Even though I want to forget, I still remember your cold voice in my answer machine. Just as suddenly as you appeared into my life, you were suddenly going to leave. I remember, how my heart ached to see you, how I ran past our memory lane, how I searched and searched for you.

It was hopeless; I was too late. I remember, just the moment you called my name, I swivelled around to see you, with happiness and all. All the memories we shared, all the pleasure we had, all the dreams we were going to fulfil together, had shattered just at that painstaking time. Without thinking, you crossed the road, the road of death.

I do recall now, how you painfully held your breath, how your face was streaked with tears. I remember how hard you were breathing just to survive. Just to call out my name and apologise for everything. I didn’t want this, I didn’t want it all. I remember our last tender kiss.

What happened next, I can’t remember. I don’t think I’ll ever remember, because everything I wanted, everything I lived for had left this world. My life is insignificant. God is cruel, just when I thought maybe love is real, he had to take my most precious thing. He had to take you away from me. I don’t think I’ll ever want to fall in love again. How could I forget you, how could I forget you my love?

I’d never imagined we’d end like this. I’d never imagined we’d have our last kiss.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BubbleBlower For This Useful Post:

chronic strawberry (Oct 17, 2011)

Newbie chronic strawberry is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Last Kiss

I like it! can you keep me posted? I'd like to read more of it soon!
    Kisha Summers

+ Reply to Thread