+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lost in the dream of no return...

Newbie Dandoria may be famous one day Dandoria may be famous one day Dandoria's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lost in the dream of no return...

Yes... YES! That's exactly what I meant! Wonderful! Astonishing! Your world comes to life! You just completely understood what I was trying to say. I'll certainly continue following this story.
    Another advice? Conversations. Those, too, bring a tale to life. This is only a short part you've posted, so it's no problem they are absent here. If you use them, choose sharp comments and original phrases. Good luck, Lasura. And good work.

- Darehan ci darevur -

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

I find creating live, real- like conversations really hard to write, but I try... There are some conversations in this chapter, still it's hard to make lots of them if you're trying to make it short (though I haven't managed to do it this time... nope!), also, try to understand- they did not talk english! ^^ lol

Slave or....

When I woke up I saw that man, the leader of my capturers, leaning over me.

“Get away from me!!!!” I screamed, trying to get as far away from this man as I could.

“Stop shouting girl!” he answered in perfect English, shocking me even more. “I’m here to help you out.”

I didn’t answer, I just stared at this man, who had killed my friend, captured me and brought me here and now was offering me his help, I couldn’t believe he was doing this…

“I know you aren’t very found of me, but I had to do all those things, it was the order of the sultan,” he stood quiet for a while, waiting for me to say something, I didn’t. “I know you want revenge and I can help you get it…”

“Why? Why did all that had to happen? Why me? Why Vincent?” I spoke after a good while.
    “They have an old tradition here… every 10 years the sultan gets a new wife from the outer lands, you were just the first ones to come our way…” he simply answered, I sat, looking at him with my eyes opened wide and thought whether to cry or to attack this man, it was terrible… we were just the first ones to come in their way… Vincent died just because we were the first ones to come their way…

“To kill the sultan is my aim and I need your help with that. In return I’ll give you freedom,” he said.

“And what’s in it for you?”
    “This country is rotten… all these traditions, all these rules… this city will die if it doesn’t get out of its frames, and the only way to make things better is a new ruler, someone with a wider view-me. Now, either you agree or I leave you to the sultans use…”

“I agree,” I answered. I didn’t like the idea of working with this man, but I neither wanted to serve to this sultan as one of his wife’s.

“Wonderful… From tomorrow on you’ll spend each day learning how to please the sultan- you’ll learn to dance, to sing, to give massages and many other things, after that you’ll come to me, I should be teaching you our language… I will… a little,” he grinned, “we have much more important things to teach you… I think you’ll be best of with long knifes…”
    He, Roger was his name, said a lot more that day, but I didn’t hear most of it, I thought about how to get away from here. I thought about the possibility that this is just a dream and about the possibility to commit suicide. I thought about Vincent and I though about going home… if only I had a home…

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of the heavy wooden doors being opened… I took a look at the door just to see the guard, who had opened the door, stepping aside to let two young girls in, they walked quickly, with their heads low and with humbleness in their eyes. They were there to help me get ready for the day… They undressed me, washed me, put on some weird make up that smelled like berries and clay, combed my hair and dressed me again in a fine, colorful silk robe. All this time I just stood, confused of the things that were happening around me and quite uncomfortable with being treated like this.

As those girls whirled around me, I saw another shadow appear in the door… an old woman it was, she stopped and looked at me for a while, it seemed like she’s trying to evaluate me.

Once the girls noticed this woman, they stepped back from me and bowed to her lowly. Slowly that woman came close to me- very close and she walked around me like a hyena walks around their victims before finishing them, I could feel her old breath on my skin, her evil look touching every inch of my body, I could see all the wrinkles the time had left in her face and, when our eyes met, I could see in them the girls that had come before me- in her hands for her to make perfect, humble women for her lord.

“Come with me,” at last she said, her voice was low and sharp- used to giving orders; I had to listen to that voice for a year and you could never get used to it- it always came as an unpleasant surprise…

I followed her into a room where I had lessons- that day they tested if I can dance and sing. Different girls worked with me, but the old woman was always supervising the lessons and she was the one who gave me instructions, no one else there knew English, only me, this old woman and Roger...

After they had tortured me for half of the day I was brought to Roger by one of his men- the same with the wound over his face. Roger was sitting in a great office room, at a great wooden table, smoking a cigar… He got his feet off the table once I entered and put out the cigar once we were left alone.

“Well, let’s see witch of the weapons could suit you…” he said, looking carefully at the various weapons on the walls. “Maybe you find some of them attractive?”

I took a look at all those things- swords that seemed to still have blood on their blades, bows pulled and ready to kill, shields with marks of previous attacks still visible… “How could these things attract someone?” I asked to myself as shivers ran over my spine and didn’t answer to Rogers’ question with nothing but a look full of pity.

“Just as I suspected,” he said quietly and took another look at the wall. “Now, I think this one will be good enough,” he said, taking off a silver knife, as long as my hand from the tips of my fingers to the elbow and almost as wide as well. “This will be easy to use for a girl like you and it’ll be also easy to hide this under your ceremonial dress.”

Then he handed me the knife, I took it in my shaking hands and was surprised by its weight- I could barely hold it, I took a look at the reflection of my face in it and trembled again- it made me imagine the moment when I’d kill that man…

“Then lets start our training now,” he said through laughter. “Firstly you have to learn how to hold the weapon…”
    I spent the rest of the day with Roger, he taught me how to hold the weapon properly, so I could attack and defend with it and so it wouldn’t be that easy for someone to hit it out of my arms, he didn’t let me have some rest, not even for a little while and every part of my body was in pain at the end of the day, but at the end of that lesson, I had learned it and it was even hard for Roger to hit the blade out of my hands.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Otaku Noodles is off to a good start Noodles's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow this story is getting pretty interesting.
    Can hardly wait for the next one
    Mr. Fangs

Thanks

That's cool Noodles, because here is the next one:

My act

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of the heavy wooden doors being opened… I took a look at the door just to see the guard, who had opened the door, stepping aside to let two young girls in.
    They walked quickly, with their heads low and with humbleness in their eyes. They were there to help me get ready for the day… They undressed me, washed me, put on some weird make up that smelled like berries and clay, combed my hair and dressed me again in a fine, colorful silk robe. All this time I just stood, confused of the things that were happening around me and quite uncomfortable with being treated like this.

As those girls whirled around me, I saw another shadow appear in the door… an old woman it was, she stopped and looked at me for a while, it seemed like she’s trying to evaluate me. Once the girls noticed this woman, they stepped back from me and bowed to her lowly.
    Slowly that woman came close to me- very close and she walked around me like a hyena walks around their victims before finishing them, I could feel her old breath on my skin, her evil look touching every inch of my body, I could see all the wrinkles the time had left in her face and, when our eyes met, I could see in them the girls that had come before me- in her hands for her to make perfect, humble women for her lord.

“Come with me,” at last she said, her voice was low and sharp- used to giving orders; I had to listen to that voice for a year and you could never get used to it- it always came as an unpleasant surprise…

I followed her into a room where I had lessons- that day they tested if I can dance and sing. Different girls worked with me, but the old woman was always supervising the lessons and she was the one who gave me instructions, no one else there knew English, only me, this old woman and Roger...

After they had tortured me for half of the day I was brought to Roger by one of his men- the same with the wound over his face. Roger was sitting in a great office room, at a great wooden table, smoking a cigar… He got his feet off the table once I entered and put out the cigar once we were left alone.

“Well, let’s see witch of the weapons could suit you…” he said, looking carefully at the various weapons on the walls. “Maybe you find some of them attractive?”

I took a look at all those things- swords that seemed to still have blood on their blades, bows pulled and ready to kill, shields with marks of previous attacks still visible… “How could these things attract someone?” I asked to myself as shivers ran over my spine and didn’t answer to Rogers’ question with nothing but a look full of pity.

“Just as I suspected,” he said quietly and took another look at the wall.
    “Now, I think this one will be good enough,” he said, taking off a silver knife, as long as my hand from the tips of my fingers to the elbow and almost as wide as well. “This will be easy to use for a girl like you and it’ll be also easy to hide this under your ceremonial dress.”

Then he handed me the knife, I took it in my shaking hands and was surprised by its weight- I could barely hold it, I took a look at the reflection of my face in it and trembled again- it made me imagine the moment when I’d kill that man and this thought terrified me more than anything in the worl... I could never do this...

“Then lets start our training now,” he said through laughter. “Firstly you have to learn how to hold the weapon…”

The rest of the day I spent with Roger, he taught me how to hold the weapon properly, so I could attack and defend with it and so it wouldn’t be that easy for someone to hit it out of my arms, he didn’t let me have some rest, not even for a little while and every part of my body was in pain at the end of the day, but at the end of that lesson, I had learned it and it was even hard for Roger to hit the blade out of my hands.

A year had passed and I sat in my room, with the sun shining in through the open window, with my knife in my hand, polishing it with a velvet cloth, smiling back at my reflection on the blade, I threw it up in the air and caught again- it felt so light in my arms now, yesterday I had beat Roger in the training and tomorrow… tomorrow it’s time for my act!
    I put the sword back in its scabbard, wrapped it in cloth, put it under the mattress and took the sign from my bed- to read over the texts of my song. I had worked with it for the half of this time- first I had to write it, then I translated it into their language (this was the only reason why Roger did spend some time teaching me the language), then made little changes and now it was ready at last. I sang it out quietly again- for the last time before going to sleep.

“The song of death…” I smiled to myself… today I knew exactly what I had to do.

A year of preparation, every day the same as the first one, every month worse. I still wish to scream when I remember Roger getting closer to me- touching me with his dirty hands, pushing his rough lips on mine, trying to undress me- that beast… those were the only times when I felt happy that the sultan needed me, those were the times when I understand I want to fight so I wouldn’t end up in bed with a monster…

When the girls came to dress me up I was already awake and waiting for them, as always they dressed me, staying quiet all the time, pale, unmoving faces… This time it took two hours- this was a special day- best make up, best clothes- they didn’t know how this all will end, neither did I…

My clothes were heavy because of all the gold that was put on them, it was perfect- it was as Roger said- very easy to hide the knifes under this one.

This time the old woman didn’t come after me. I was left alone for a while- to beg, but I did not- I couldn’t possibly talk to god at that moment… But that was just the time I needed to hide the knife.

Don’t know how much time passed when they came after me, but I was already more than ready when they did- I was anxious to do this faster.
    At last I was there, in the great hall- looked the same as in the rehearsal, just as dark, just as hot, the ground- just as shiny- polished, only this time there were people seated on the ground on fluffy pillows and comfy mattresses, at last I saw the sultan, sitting on his throne- he came out not to be a fat, old man, he was quite young and I could even say he was quite pretty, looking at me with a smile that seemed even nice to me…

Music started slowly (don’t ask me on what they played, all their instruments seemed really strange to me, but the music was beautiful) and I had to start my dance. It started slowly, representing the sleeping world and the peace ruling in it, then with every step I took it became faster, representing men coming in, representing what they brought with them, I had to jump and to squat, pretending to be fighting someone. At the end it was slow again- representing the world dieing again, falling asleep. I lied down on the ground and saw the way everyone knock their feet against the floor along with the last sound of the music- that was a good sign- they liked it... not that I cared though.

The low timbre of my song filled the room now- it was time. Along with the music I stood up and then I started to sing. I sang in their language so I don’t know if it sounded the same but everyone understood the idea- that is what I understood from their reaction.
    This is what I tried to tell them:

“Through the dark you’ll see the light,
    In the desert you’ll find Nitara (that was how the city was called)
    An oasis in this world so cruel-
    A light in the shadow of life.
    God itself has brought us here,
    God, only god can tell us why.
    God itself brought me here-
    And I myself have a quest to fulfill.
    In chains I was brought here,
    Those chains will break free-
    Unmask a traitor is how I can
    In this room he sits,
    Your wine he drinks,
    Your wife he has wished to steal…
    Your servant he is and there he sits
    I still have a story to tell…”

I had more, ohh... did I, my song could go on forever, but I could not get to it's end, because, when Roger understood what I'm about to do, he jumped up, drawing his sword out of the scabbard and attacked me… luckily I was ready, I had expected for him to do this, and I was trained well enough to avoid his attack and I also managed to pull out my dagger and put it to his neck in time too. He looked at me with pure anger in his eyes, breathing heavily.
    “You’ll regret this,” he said. The next moment I heard the sultans’ voice (yes, in English, what surprised me again): “Seize them both!!!!”

I didn’t even manage to turn around and take a look straight into sultans’ eyes as I wished to so much… I wished to see this mans eyes who had the nerve to seize the woman who had just saved his life, I wished to look there and make sure there really are people this evil in the world. I didn’t manage, I was quickly grabbed by two men, my knife was taken away and I was brought away- away to the dark prison cages- never to see the sunlight again…

Otaku Noodles is off to a good start Noodles's Avatar
    Thanks

wow I did not think she would do that...

After all that training and planning she turned on the man who saved her.
    Then she was locked in a dungon for saving the sulton.

If I was her, I would have killed the sulton after he told the people to grab me.
    At the very least, I would have thrown the knife at him.
    Mr. Fangs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    wow I did not think she would do that...

After all that training and planning she turned on the man who saved her.
    Then she was locked in a dungon for saving the sulton.

If I was her, I would have killed the sulton after he told the people to grab me.
    At the very least, I would have thrown the knife at him.
    @.@ saved her? when? how?

Well, this makes me happy to see her doings have surprised you and I'm glad this has created so many feelings in you- planing to throw the knife and so... Best thing that could happen.. and from a story teller like you... *bows* an hounour!

I'll explain in the next chapter!!! ^^ Thank You for throwing me the idea how to start it Noodles!!!!!!

Thanks

Ok, the next chapter is here ^^ Thank You again Noodles (and Dandoria) for pointing out the fact that her actions seem a little bit weird, because the aims of Roger seem quite ok.
    Ok, here goes, sorry again for posting a double post but I there was no way I could put this chapter in with the last post and I'm sure no one would take a look here to see if I have eddited the post anyways...

Caged

Why had I done this? I knew he’d never let me go… I knew I’d be thrown in this chamber if I’d kill the sultan as Roger said, because, if people got to know that Roger had asked for this murder, he could never take the sultans place. And I could not kill that man, even not because of Vincent- in his death I blamed Roger more…

And here I was, still in my ceremonial, gold-clad dressing, in this dirty cage, with only hay lied on its cold, muddy floor- like an animal I was held here. I can’t explain how I felt- anger and sadness mixed together- I could not believe I was held here like a criminal, even though I was the one who had stopped a crime from happening, who unmasked a traitor between the sultans men, but I was pleased by this feeling of truth being on my side, I was calm because I knew I had done the right thing. I could never live with the feeling of guilt.
    “Yes, it would have been the wrong thing to kill the sultan,” I thought to myself, sitting on the cold ground, trying to comfort myself I guess.
    “Roger had no other reasons to kill him than his wish for power and riches…” I whispered, remembering the sounds of the songs of the people of Nitara and the lights coming from the city down below, every few days they had some kind of celebration, at least it seemed so- the city was always filled with songs and laughs of its people.

And how I loved to watch the people who worked at the gardens witch were placed on different levels around the waterfall- I could watch them forever- I witnessed how friendship grew to love, watched how fathers taught their children how to garden the earth, listened to the songs the Nitara women sang as they worked there and sometimes sang along with them- when I learnt their language a bit, I smiled with the people there when they celebrated marriage and moaned with them when the news of someone dying overwhelmed the town.

Yes, this was a closed society- rarely did I see the massive gates of the city walls open and someone come in- but it seemed unnecessary because they had enough of everything here… And the city could grow even though it was in the middle of the desert- it could grow with no help of people from outside…

No, I could not understand their traditions- the fact that every ten years they captured a woman for their sultan terrified me at first and I couldn’t believe they could have as many wives as they wish, but once I asked a guard about this- I had thought about it for a very long time and at last had spent an hour writing the question (witch consisted of only two little sentences and would sound like: “How can you share your love with all your wifes, how can you make them all happy?”) and asked. Another hour was spent by trying to understand what the answer was, but actually it was very simple: “Why not? As my fathers had done before me, I love them all as one, as well as you love all your children the same.”
    That was enough to silence my negative attitude about this, because it made sense, as long as the women here agree with that (and from their joyful faces and happy songs, I understood they are) it’s fine- I could never be just one of the wives, but now I understood that it is not that terrifying at all.
    No, I would never say it approves them capturing women and making them become one of the Nitara women like they had done with me, but I knew this is one thing witch Roger wouldn’t change…

As I floated through all these thoughts I suddenly heard the sound of metal dashing against metal as someone was trying to unlock the doors of the basement I and other prisoners were locked in, I took a look toward the door and saw it open with a bang, a man, carrying a torch appeared, I gazed at the torch- the only light I had seen in days it seemed. No, I wasn’t afraid of the dark anymore- too many nights had I spent, wrapped in my blanked, crouched in the corner, screaming at any shadow, rocking with my face hidden in my arms, convincing myself that there’s nothing but me there- I had used to it and I had come to love the darkness, although I still was happier if the moon shone into my room or even the light of the lightning…
    The man moved- he went straight towards my chamber, I pressed myself to the wall, afraid that they’re coming for me- coming to bring me to that hall, that hall witch I had passed many times before, always keeping to the furthest wall, the hall from witch the scent of death and blood vaporized, the hall where they slew their captives- sometimes because they had earned it, sometimes to clean up space in the prison and sometimes just to enjoy themselves…

I knew they were not coming here to let me free- they never did that, everyone who was brought here never came back, especially if it was a foreigner, especially if he was captured by the order of the sultan.
    I closed my eyes and listened to the guards footsteps, I heard my heart beat in the sound of his steel boots hitting the floor, he was now very close, I could see his figure even through my closed eyes, I felt the light of the torch touch me. He stopped. I held my breath.

But he went further on, pass my chamber, a sigh broke out of my lips and I opened my eyes again, just to see that someone was there, standing at the door of my chamber, I started from and moved further into the back of my cabin.

“No…” I whispered, shaking my head, with my eyes open wide, my arms trying to find something to grab hold of. The man unlocked the door slowly; I closed my eyes tightly and listen to the doors opening with a sound that reminded me of the depths of hell…

I crawled even deeper into the back, ‘till I touched the wall, I hoped it would swallow me, hide me, but it was just a wall, it could not help me. The man came closer and kneeled before me. I bit my lip and took a look straight into his eyes, tears sprung into mine as I recognized him- the same men who had brought me here, the same men who accompanied me to the great hall- on every step towards this unhappiness he was here again.

Then I noticed a movement behind him- breathlessly I watched as they lead Roger away, his back crooked, his arms tied on his back… He felt me watching him and took a look my way, but he couldn’t possibly see me- the man was standing right in front of me- but I could swear that I saw a look in his eyes- a look that said: “You’ll regret this girl, I’ll be back.”

That lasted only for a moment, he was brought away quickly and I was left alone in this half-dark with this man. I was sure I was to follow Roger.

Thanks

And the last chapter.. I'm very stubborn and finnish my works even if no one needs them :P ^^ lol

“He’ll be taken care of,” he said, tracking my eye sight. I gave him another frightened look.
    “Don’t be surprised of me talking English- I’m one of the sultans personal guards, we all know English, and so does the sultan, we understand it’s very useful in different situations, even with Roger here, if we would have taken more notice of him- we never expected for him to be this greedy, he seemed a small man, and to use a woman in such a case… Only a foreigner would think of that,” he said, his accent was quite torturing, but I could understand every word he said. Of course this was not of the highest importance to me at that moment…

“Now we must take care of you…” he said, making shivers run down my spine. “One of sultans guests asked for you and the sultan can not refuse request from a high guest like this man. Now either you come with me…”
    “I rather die!!!” I shouted, not letting him finish.
    “As you wish!” he answered and grabbed me, I tried to fight him, but, although I had been trained to kill for a year, I still was just as weak as in the day I came here- in a few minutes I was bound in chains.

He tried to pick me up so he could carry me, but, as soon as I got the chance, I kicked him and he threw me down again. I tried to pull myself away from him, but he grabbed me by the chains that bound my feet and dragged me out of the chamber. I screamed and desperately tried to grab hold of something but the only thing I could take hold of were the feet of the other guard and he just kicked me of.

Laughing he dragged me up the stairs, screaming and pleading for him to let me go, for him to let me be, crying tears of pain, shame and despair.
    Cursing and spitting he brought me to one of the rooms and threw me in the corner where I lied motionless, with my head in my hands, whispering something like a mad man, unwilling to understand where I was and what was going to happen to me.

Then I raised my head and, in the dark mist of the night I saw the outlines of a man, I shrunk in the corner, hoping, foolishly that he wouldn’t notice me. Slowly the man came closer to me and kneeled down before me.
    I trembled as he touched my face with his cold, dirty hands. They smelled like oils that they used in baths- so sweet and intoxicating…

“Lauren,” he whispered and tried to hug me. Desperately I fought him- I heard only my pulse beating in my head as I tried to push him away with my feet and slap my hands against his face. However soon I could no longer fight…
    I gasped for breath as he held me tightly to himself with his left hand and pressed the palms of my hands against his chest with his right hand. Somehow the chains had bound us together- they gnawed my skin as well as his...

At first I felt only his heartbeat but, when at last I became calmer, I felt something else and tears sprung to my eyes when I understood what it was what I felt- it was a wound. A wound from an arrow just above his heart.
    “Vince?” I asked and broke down in his arms, crying.

“Yes… yes it is me,” he answered and the chains rung again as he took me in his arms and pulled me in his lap, pressing me against himself so strong… I felt safe once again.
    “Forgive me… Forgive me for taking it so long… You’ve had to go through so much… Forgive me!” he whispered, sobbing quietly and kissing my forehead.
    His tears touched my face- how cold they seemed.

I didn’t answer, I just pressed myself closer to his chest, rested my head, listening to his heartbeat, and cried out the tears that had piled up in me for so long…

After sitting like that for some time and when I had already started falling asleep, he slowly took of the chains, picked me up and brought me to the bed.
    “Rest now,” he said, lying me down on the bed.
    “Don’t leave me,” I whispered, grabbing him by his shirt as he turned around.
    “I have to figure out a way for us to get away from here,” he answered, gently taking my hand away.

“No… Vincent!” I said, jumping up and wrapping my hands around his neck. “All this time I thought you were dead and I blamed myself in your death- that was my greatest torment as well as it was the only reason to survive and have revenge… Now you are here… I don’t want to lose you again… I am so tired…”
    My head felt so heavy and my hands- so weak. I fell back in his strong, warm arms, closed my eyes and was gone…

“You found the key,” a voice of a child laughed in my head. “You can open your eyes now…”
    And I did- I opened my eyes just to see the pale white ceiling.
    “Where am I?” I asked, trying to sit up, but, just as I did, I felt a sting in my side. Then the terrible pain took over all my body- pain greater than anything I had felt before- it had complete power over me and nor heat nor cold could ease it.
    “In a hospital, honey,” a smiling nurse, answered, gently putting her hand on my shoulder. “You shouldn’t get up yet…”

“Hospital?” I asked to myself, looking at all the fancy devices. “How? I was… [my eyes grew wide as I understood] It was all just a dream…”

“How long have I slept?” I asked just before the nurse left the room.
    “Three days,” she answered stopping at the doors and smiling at me.’
    “Three days?!” the thought terrified me- these three days had seemed like one whole year in my… dream. And I was sure nothing could erase this terrible year, nothing could erase all the pain and loneliness, it was still as good as real and it grieved me so much… And… if it was all just a dream… I had lost him once again…

“Vincent? How is Vincent?” I asked, half asleep already.
    “Still sleeping,” she smiled. “But your friend will be alright too…”

In five days the pain had gone- more or less- and I could walk. The doctor said I have to walk so I did, of course it was not the only reason- I knew Vincent was one the same floor and wanted to find him- see him, thank him at least.
    I didn’t get too far though- soon the pain was too much and I sat down for rest. There I heard a weird beeping sound, it seemed a lot different than from the movies.
    “His heart stopped!” I heard someone say, nurses and doctors barged into the ward right in front of me. I gasped and stood up- something told me I had to go in there.

Slowly, unwillingly I walked in.

At first I saw only the backs of the staff, dressed in those white robes, then one of them moved and I could see the face of the man lying there. I gasped again.
    “Roger,” I whispered, putting my hands in front of my mouth, I once said I’d never forget his face- now I wished I could, it was haunting, it seemed to say: “You are the one to blame.”
    “No! This can’t be true… This can’t be! Don’t look at me like that! It was all just a dream… Please… Go away… Please make me wake up! This can’t be...” these were the thoughts that took over me before I fainted. I guess it was too much for me… to see a ghost like that… His face has been following me ever since that day, always there in my dreams… Nothing could ever make me forget…He was true when he said that I’ll regret what I had done, only I’m sure he didn’t expect for it to happen that way…

I woke up and felt someone watching me. I turned around to see Vincent, sitting by my bed and looking out the window. As I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes to understand whether it really is he, he looked at me and smiled.
    “I heard you had a little walk…” he said.
    “Yea, and was brought back with the help of other feet,” I answered smiling.
    “You alright? I…”
    “I just have one question,” he interrupted. “Nitara is a beautiful place, isn’t it?”
    I sat there staring at him with wonder for a moment before answering, with a smile: “Yes, yes it is…”

I can not explain how happy I felt- this meant that I’m not crazy after all, this meant that I’m not the only one to whom these three days had dragged out into twelve months, this meant that I’m not the only one who remembered how blissful it was in these arms, this meant… this meant everything to me at that moment…

He uttered a relieved sight and got up to hug me. It felt just the same, his arms were just as warm and strong, his hear was beating just as fast- the feeling was just as sweet, just as nice, just as peaceful as I remembered it still from my… our dream.

“What would have you done if I’d answered that I don’t have the slightest idea about what you’re talking about?” I asked, resting my head on his shoulder.
    “Nothing,” he answered. “Would have tried to prove myself a better person so next time you’d say “yes” at least just because you know it would make me happy.”

“So this means we both saw the same dream?” I asked.
    “This means we both were wandering in the same world above this world,” he answered after a slight pause.
    “You’ve changed…” I whispered quietly.
    “You too,” he answered, wrapping his arms tighter around me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast