Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My itachi fantasy

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My itachi fantasy

oh you guys are beiing mean and...wat is a Mary-Sues?????

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    oh you guys are beiing mean and...wat is a Mary-Sues?????
    My post served to do nothing but help the user in their fanfic writting, how was that mean?

Mary Sue, sometimes shortened simply to Sue, is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character, either male or female (though male characters are often dubbed "Larry Stu" or some other rhyming male name), that exhibits some or most of the clichés common in fan fiction, making the character itself something of a cliché. Characters were originally labeled as "Mary Sues" for being portrayed in an overly idealized way and lacking noteworthy or realistic flaws. The definition today has widened considerably to encompass most clichés found in fiction — such as having a tragic past or being shown as instantly likable — and especially that the character in question acts as a wish-fulfillment fantasy for the author who created it. These authors are sometimes referred to as Suethors, a portmanteau of "Sue" and "author," though this usage is not universal within the fan fiction community. While "Mary Sues" are usually unintentionally written as such, some authors deliberately create them as a form of parody.

While the term is generally limited to fan-created characters, and its most common usage today is within the fan fiction community or in reference to fan fiction, canon and original fiction characters are also sometimes criticized as being "Mary Sues." Wesley Crusher[1] is probably the best-known example of this. In play-by-post role-playing games, many original characters are also criticized as being "Mary Sues" if they dominate the spotlight or can miraculously escape a near-impossible predicament (usually with an unlikely saving grace).

Identifying a character as a "Mary Sue" is an entirely subjective process and personal decision, typically made by people — paid critics and non-professional readers alike — who generally disapprove of what they believe to be overused plot devices or stock characters found in amateur fiction, and that not all characters exhibiting these traits would necessarily qualify as a "Mary Sue" by everyone's criteria. Indeed, well-known characters like Michael Moorcock's Elric, who is a fairly obvious idealized author surrogate,[2] are loved in spite of, or perhaps even because of, their relative "Sueness."
    Source:Mary Sue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Sep 27, 2007 at 01:07 PM.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a much easier, and more accurate way of defining Mary Sue:

"a practically perfect but totally uninteresting character designed to act as an unconvincing and wholly obvious stand-in for the author her/himself in a fangirl/boy wishfulfillment fantasy that no one else actually wants to read."

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    There is a much easier, and more accurate way of defining Mary Sue:

"a practically perfect but totally uninteresting character designed to act as an unconvincing and wholly obvious stand-in for the author her/himself in a fangirl/boy wishfulfillment fantasy that no one else actually wants to read."
    WRONG! The character in the story would.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    WRONG! The character in the story would.
    ie. the author (in otherwords "nobody ELSE")

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay got it!!!this helps..that way i might not do it myself!!!T.T that would be bad...i think

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

gee.. thanks that was nice. it really wasnt supposed to be that great, it was just a little fun fantasy of mine..
    u know im a decent writer when i apply myself, only this was something i wrote the equivalance o f about 5 min. and i was bored..by the way, the story seems better if ur listening to 'bring me to life' by evanesesence.
    Last edited by itachigirl; Oct 03, 2007 at 05:41 PM. Reason: i had a lot of cursing in the first one

Otaku Blackbird is off to a good start Blackbird's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm never can write a good story in 5 minute not that long texted write you did, I need have time to think and what I going to write. Typical Mary Sue hehe

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2