+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Angel

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Re: Rebels Angel

I got the feeling of being watched again, the same feeling of when I was hit and began to look out over the crowd of dancers and saw the red eyes. “We need to go now!” I said shrinking back against Leo who secured me in his arms.
    “Don’t worry they wouldn’t try to hurt you in my presence that would be a form of suicide. Besides you can’t be to important to risk the force of the secret service.” he smiled somewhat cockily about it.
    I glared at him darkly finding his presence very annoying and felt my insides boil at the thought of him being so special. “I’ve been forced to leave my family because these things endangered them and I can never go back, if I want them to stay alive. I came here to see if I could change that, because apparently I am very important to those things.” I felt angry.
    William looked at me strangely then glanced back at the group of Harborers advancing for the stairs that led to the room we currently occupied. I noticed a dark gleam appear in his eyes as he stared at the group. “Those are-!” he realized and stood up in a hurry running to the other side of the room, he had his hand to our back fumbling with something when a hidden door slid open. “Follow me.”
    Leo and I stood and followed, without another word.
    __________________________________________________ ___
    William had taken my car, Leo in the passenger seat and me in the back. Our destination…I had no clue.
    “Those were the Harborers.” said William glancing at me in the mirror. “Now why would they be after you and how is it you have a guardian angel too?”
    I held my tongue still annoyed so Leo answered for me.
    “She not a normal mortal or girl with power, the worlds in danger because she’s in danger. The Harborers are after her and have her at the top of their Christmas list, that can only mean she has power a great amount of power.” said Leo looking particularly grim.
    William’s eyes widened with curiosity. “But she doesn’t know what it is right?”
    We nodded.
    “It’s a good thing you came to me, then. But I had a feeling back at the club you were special, I could just see it in your eyes. I’m with the government and help them in any and all cases they need me in. They had the club bugged, and I have a strong feeling they will be trying to find any and all your secrets.”
    I was pissed and wanted to hit something. “Two months ago I had a normal life and planned on going to college. Now I have the Harborers on my ass and the government trying to find the skeletons in my closet.” I put my head in my hands and groaned in irritation.
    “Don’t worry I have a place were you can stay without worrying is the government or the Harborers will attack at any time. I’ll help you find your powers.” he sounded so sincere I looked up.
    I looked into his eyes and he stared right back, a sadness lurked in his soul that haunted him at night, it was the reason he did things the way he did. ‘How’d I know that?’ I wondered.
    __________________________________________________ ______
    We drove a ways out of our nations capitol where it began to look like the mountains and even though we were miles from the city where I probably was safer I felt more at home. William took a turn down a road I hadn’t noticed and stopped in front of a huge gate. He got out and very carefully opened the gate, just long enough for him to drive the car through and shut the gate again.
    Ahead of the car through the dark curtains called night I saw a beautiful house. It looked like an old Victorian style house or one that looked like the house from “Gone with the Wind”. It gleamed a brilliant white through the darkness and I couldn’t believe I was going to go in there.
    “Beautiful isn’t it?” said William getting in the car and driving the little ways to the house and getting out, opening my door for me.
    I looked at him funny but ran up the front steps of the house and twirled around happy that I would have a roof over my head. Leo smiled a crooked smile at me and I felt happier than I every felt before.
    “Cara I have to tell you,” said William with my bags in hand. “There are others that live-”
    BAM! I spun around to see a red headed girl who must have slammed the door open and looked as angry as the one of the Harborers when I escaped.
    “Cara this is Jeanne, Jeanne this is Cara she’ll be staying here for a while.” said William introducing us.
    I wanted to hold out my hand to greet her but she had a look to kill in her eyes, when she stared at me. “I won’t let her.” she growled.
    “Jeanne you can’t decided things like that.” said William calmly carrying my bags up the steps.
    “No!” she yelled loud enough for all of Washington to wake up.
    Some one up stairs must of woken up because lights turned on lighting up the house. I could here a bunch of people of a lot of different sizes rumble down the stairs and peek out the window.
    I could feel their eyes on me and began to feel pissed again. Jeanne didn’t look to happy either. “What the hell is your problem!” I yelled at her clenching my fists.
    “You!” she yelled at me her eyes like ruby gems and her body glowed red.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    Thanks

“Jeanne stop this now!” yelled William harshly.
    I saw her waiver for only a second before she burst into flames. Any other day, any other time I may have stumbled back in shock but I was tired, embarrassed, cranky, and not in the mood for some girls attitude. “Back the **** Off!” I yelled, and suddenly a flash of lightning lit up the sky and the wind blew fiercely, shaking the trees. Again any other day I would have stopped to notice this strange phenomena but I felt consumed with anger.
    Jeanne went back to normal and stumbled back eyes wide. “Who the hell are you?”
    I noticed that in her eyes was fear and her body shrunk back away from me. But I couldn’t stop-.
    “Cara calm down.” whispered Leo behind me.
    His voice knocked me out of the weird state of being I was in and sway in exhaustion. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to. I don’t know what I did.”
    “It’s okay, that just means your powers are awakening.” said William helping Jeanne to her feet. “ I think it’d be best if we discussed this in the morning.”
    Jeanne looked like she recovered and stomped back into the house barking orders like “What are you doing up? Get to bed”.
    “Don’t worry we’ll get things figured out in the morning.” said Leo when he suddenly went stiff as if something was wrong and he knew it.
    “Oh no.” I murmured holding him tighter. “No. No!”
    Leo gently pride my hands off of him and shook his head. “I can’t stay “They’ve” called a meeting to decide my punishment.”
    I hated Them so much. “Well you tell them I don’t care how they think they can twist my fate if they take you from me I’ll do every thing in my power to make them regret it.”
    Leo looked a bit worried but leaned down to give me a feather light kiss, melting any thought I had, right before he evaporated into thin air. My heart ached and I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.
    __________________________________________________ _____
    Morning came and Leo still hadn’t come back and despite having slept in a bed for the first time in a long while I didn’t sleep much and woke up at the crack of dawn to take a shower change into a comfortable pair of pants and light sweater. No one had woken up yet and I wasn’t very hunger so I decided to walk around outside.
    The house was huge and I had a feeling it was well occupied, but outside I noticed the grounds were very big, in the back was a pool and a pool house, shed and even a guest house. Beyond the guest house was about a few miles of land, mostly wooded and it was all surrounded my a big brick wall. Surprisingly I didn’t feel claustrophobic, but more safe; there were also many trails through the woods and I couldn’t wait for Leo to come back to explore them with me. That was if he was even coming back, that is. I shook my head at the thought ‘No he is coming back.’ I told my self and turned to go back to the house when I noticed William standing behind me.
    “Hey.” I said enthusiastically not even scared he suddenly appeared out of no where.
    “Exploring the grounds I see.” he said acknowledging the oblivious.
    “Yeah. It’s very beautiful out here, isn’t it?” I asked watching the slowly rising sun as colors of light violet, blaze orange and yellow formed a beautiful sunset.
    “Yes it is.” he said enjoying the sunset also. “One of the reasons why I choose this place.”
    “What is this place anyway?” asked not looking at him.
    “Well you could call it by many names but I call it-”
    “Home?” I offered. “You take in special kids with powers you don’t want the government to put on their operating tables and you offer them a place to stay, a safe haven, a home. You don’t think I understand do you?” I asked finally looking at his perplexed expression and slightly curios expression.
    “How’d you know that?” he asked looking at me full force suspicion.
    “I didn’t.” I shrugged. “I just had a feeling. You’re a good person William J. Appleton, and I think it’s great that there is someone who cares.”
    He looked at me with a softer expression now and we began to walk back to the house. “You are an interesting person Cara, nothing short of fascinating.”
    “Why’s that?” I asked curiously.
    “I think it’s your powers and how things are that make you fascinating. You didn’t back down last night against Jeanne, she becomes jealous when I bring home girls and she is easily one of the strongest here. Yet despite the fact you saw her burst into flames and knew you didn’t know what your powers were you faced her one-on-one.”
    “I was just cranky that she stood between me and a warm bed.” I shrugged feeling a bit okay then before. “I didn’t like the fact she had to wake up the whole house to tell me she didn’t like me, though.”
    William chuckled a warming laugh, making me miss Leo. “That’s Jeanne always voicing her opinion.”
    We approached the house and the smell of cooking bacon and eggs made my stomach rumble, William laughed again as he pushed open the back door to reveal a big kitchen and table. Around the table sat several different types of people all of whom were staring at me, I quickly became annoyed.
    “Yes I’m new, yes I was the reason why Jeanne was yelling last night, and no I don’t think I’ll be staying.” I glared irritated by being the center of attention. “And I’m not in the mood to have you all staring at me like I’m a circus monkey ready to do a trick.”
    William had to hold onto a chair from falling on the floor laughing. “Everyone this is Cara and as you can see she is new.”
    I felt awkward just standing there and was happy when William offered me a chair.
    “Cara this is Jake, Liana, Soy, Beth, Mike, Hailey and you know Jeanne already.” William pointed to each of them and most waved back at me.
    Jake was a shaggy haired tall boy who looked late into his teens, he had eyes the color of mixed silver. I had a feeling he hid some power behind those eyes. Liana was at the stove in a pink apron and looked like a miniature house wife, with soft blonde curls, pink cheeks and soft blue eyes. She was absolutely adorable, but I’m sure she’s not as innocent as she looks when it comes to appearances. Soy was Korean I could tell because for short 5’, 4’’ he had a clean cut appearance and dressed for a catalog issue. He had almost black colored eyes and was pretty cute. Beth was slightly heavy but didn’t pass for fat, she had light brown hair that could use a trim and freckles that were perfect for her face. Her eyes were the color of a rare green jewel. At the end of the table already eating a heaping pile of food was Mike, he was big like line-backer in football and I got a feeling he was a sweet heart despite the mean appearance. I couldn’t see his eyes he was to focused on eating. Hailey looked like a willowy girl tall, thin, and pale. There was almost no color to her hair and her eyes held a vast amount of emptiness. Jeanne sat fuming and ignoring me.
    “What’s your story?” asked Soy in a business like manor.
    “What’s yours?” I raised an eye brow questioning and he didn’t answer.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!

Thanks

“Would you like something to eat?” asked Liana kindly offering me a plate of food.
    “Thank you.” I said politely eating my food.
    “Why is she here?” asked Jeanne her foul mood spreading out like bad gas, no body wanted it.
    I politely put my fork down and wiped my mouth before glaring at Jeanne. “Listen here Jeanne ’cause I’m not going to say it again. If your going to be a bitch because when I have done nothing to insult you then get the **** OUT OF MY FACE!” I roared.
    Again outside the bad weather began and a violent storm began. William stood up from the table began to gently rub circles into my back so I would relax and it worked. I slumped back down into my seat and apologized for the out burst.
    “It’s okay.” shrugged Beth. “You should have seen what Jeanne did when William brought home Liana.”
    William laughed at the memory. “Jeanne just about set the house on fire!”
    I bit my tongue on asking what the hell her problem was and just started eating instead. It was fun to watch these guys laugh, joke, and poke fun at each other; they really were like family.
    I thought about my family back home I hoped they were okay, I pray that nothing has happened to them, or that Gregory hasn’t done something stupid. ‘Did I do the right thing? Can I return someday?…Will they want me?’ Questions flew threw my head and lingered like morning fog.
    “Cara. Cara!” said someone breaking my trail of thought.
    “Huh?” I asked looking around. “What?”
    They all stared at me in question. Liana finally spoke up. “Are you okay it’s a bit murky outside?”
    I turned to look out side and it indeed looked quiet cruddy when it was scheduled for clear skies and a little breeze. “Yeah I’m fine, just thinking a bit.” I stood and brought my plate to the sink rinsing it and turned around everyone was still watching me. “What?”
    They all shook their heads and returned to eating. I went back out side to sit by the pool, I laid out on one of the layout chairs and tried not to think about my family or Leo, but it was hard the only other things were the Harborers and William or his family.
    “Cara.” someone spoke my name softly.
    I looked up to see Hailey standing a few feet away. “Hey? What’s up.”
    Hailey slumped over to the seat next to me and looked into the water saying nothing at all. “Are you curious about who you are?” she asked after awhile.
    “Yes.” I answered truthfully.
    Another long pause and she spoke again her words a little slow. “When we are born our parents love us because we are innocent and we are theirs, but when or if we show any difference compared to other children they begin to doubt there love for us. Do you know why?”
    I thought about it for a second before answering. “Because were not normal?”
    Hailey nodded her head slowly and took a deep breath. “Parents are afraid that they are to blame for our difference and in a way they are, but when we show them our powers they begin to fear us because they begin to think we will use our powers against them.” She took another deep breath and long pause. “Do you want to know what happened to me?”
    I was deeply curious, but unsure if I’d be to rude in finding out, but before I could answer she was telling me anyway.
    “When I was born I was my parents miracle baby, they had tried for years to have a child until I finally came. They pampered me and treated me with great amounts of love and care. I was normal back then happy and content with my life, till one day my mother noticed my ability to control water, fog and rain. At first they said I could never do it in public or show any one, then they said I couldn’t do it at all. On my thirteenth birthday they found out I had been secretly doing it in private. It began to drive them mad, at first they blamed god, then themselves, and finally they blamed me. One night my mother told me to come into the bathroom and show her my power. I was suspicious then happy so I knelt beside the tub and began to show her, when she suddenly shoved me under the water and held me there.”

Thanks

I was shocked that a mother would do that to her child, and began to realize my real parents didn’t do that to me. But Claire and Gregory don’t know about my powers.
    “I don’t remember what happened after that only that my speech was slower, my movements were slowed and I couldn’t answer people fast enough.” She said looking at me with sad eyes. “Slowly I began to starve until one day William showed up and saved me. I haven’t used my powers since that day my mother tried to kill me and in fact I’ve began to develop a fear for water.”
    “Why have you told me all this?” I asked and patiently waited for her to answer me.
    “Back at the table Soy asked you what your story was and you asked him what his was. I was curious so I told you mine, what’s yours?” she looked at me with those empty eyes.
    I was a little reluctant, but decided not to care and tell her. “My real parents loved me, they had powers of their own and I don’t know what they were but I know that they loved each other very much. I had a picture perfect life with my real parents, even though I didn’t know I had powers, until one day. We were out in a park by ourselves when the Harborers came. Everything began to blur and all I can remember is seeing them get killed. I was six then and just barely got away. I was found by an officer and taken to an orphanage after no one came to pick me up or claim me. I refuse to talk, until one day this successful couple came in who wanted a daughter. They choose me, and slowly I began to go back to normal but I couldn’t be very normal with that kind of secret inside me. Two months ago my past caught up with me, and the Harborers killed me. I came back with Leo and have been on the run to save my family from the fate of my last family.” It felt good to get that kind of information out in the open.
    Hailey looked a little surprised and nodded. “How did you find William?”
    “I wanted to know my powers and found William at a club last night.” I sighed. “I don’t think it was wise for me to come here, your all in danger.”
    Suddenly William appeared beside Hailey and said, “Come on inside I think it’s time to talk.” Then he disappeared.
    I gave Hailey a funny look, “Does he just appear out of thin air or was I imagining things?”
    Hailey took ten long seconds to respond. “No it’s just you.”
    I blinked a few times before bursting into laughter, the sun began to peak through the clouds and I said. “Oh you are funny!”
    Hailey looked like she wanted to say or do something but stood up and began to walk towards the house, I followed behind feeling like I may have made a friend.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ _______
    William and the rest of the residents gathered in the living room, scattered among the various peaces of furniture. William sat in a love seat with Jeanne near the fire place, they looked great together. On the couch sat Mike, Soy and Jake together they looked somewhat like brothers who no matter what had each others back. Sitting on a chair in the corner sewing was Liana and next to her sitting on a bean bag chair was Hailey. I stared at the chair in the middle of the room obviously it was for me so I sat down.
    “Before I begin I just want to say there are three things you must learn,” said William not bothering to ask how I was doing. “First thing you must learn is your strength and how much you can take, secondly you must have knowledge of your power like how it works and how you can control it, thirdly and most importantly you must understand yourself and your power.”
    I nodded getting every word, “ But what is my power?”
    William smiled a devious smile and went on, “In a minute let me finish. There are many levels to powers. The first level has the weakest powers like abilities that can’t do much harm to any one. The second level are mostly magical creatures and people who have powers strong enough to get the attention of the secret service, most people are in this category. Then there’s the third category the most dangerous, it contains people with powers that they usually can’t control or they can control it but can be a major threat to our way of life. People in the third category are either vampires, werewolves or shape shifters and some humans with power.”
    ‘Holy crap.’ I thought, ‘Wow, my world just got ten times more complicated.’
    “But there is another category.” he said darkly, I felt like I was staring at shadow in a sunny room. “I believe that these people are chosen by the gods or demons to carry a heavy burden. Their powers are practically limitless, and the things they could do would be unbelievable. The Harborers seek that power and would do anything to get it.”
    The realization came to me like I had been hit by a SUV …again. “Don’t say it.”
    I warned him.
    “I believe you have that kind of power.” he said.
    This caught everyone’s attention and they looked at me again like they never really saw me clearly the first time. “No way.” they all said in disbelief.
    I shook my head I didn’t want this power whatever it was, I didn’t want it. “No!”
    William looked at me with sympathy. “ I didn’t have to try and figure it out. I knew from the second I saw you, it was in your eyes. Besides there can only be one reason why the Harborers would go to the extent they did to try and get you. For many years they have been searching for a legend called the Key. The Key has been sought out by the blessed and the damned for one reason, to either get into heaven or open the gates of hell.”
    “Great.” I said crossing my arms. “This is just great.”
    “I know you didn’t want this Cara but wishing it weren’t so won’t make your powers go away.” said William standing up. “Now there is a way one way to be sure, come here.”
    “Like hell-”
    “Cara come here.” he said rather sternly.

Thanks

Very reluctantly I stood up and walked up to face him he was bit taller than I was and immediately without thinking about it I looked into his eyes. Gently he put his hands on the sides of my face and leaned his head to touch his forehead with mine.
    I felt a falling feeling and like I was no longer occupying my body, like when I died, but this time I came straight back full force. It was so quick I wasn’t sure it even happened then I looked down and saw William in a ball on the floor like he was in a state of pure shock.
    “Holy! Are you okay?” I knelt down to help him but was pushed aside by a furious Jeanne.
    “What the hell did you do to him!?” she yelled accusingly.
    I shrunk back feeling extremely guilty, in fact I was feeling a little light headed. I stumbled from the room and out the back door past the pool, I barely made it a few hundred feet from the house before I fell to my knees. I was engulfed in a white beam of light and felt like a door or doors were opening up in my mind, something was flowing through me and there was a lot of it, to much in fact. I heard someone screaming and realized it was me. Lightning began to strike all around me and I was completely surrounded in white light. I saw a key hole with someone inside, it was me. Suddenly I felt a burning around both my wrists and looked down to see to bracelets, each a half of a pentagram, forming on my wrists.
    “It’s your turn little one.” said a soft voice coming from no place in particular. “You now carry the power, it’s awakened inside you.”
    __________________________________________________ _______

Thanks

“Cara! Cara! Wake up Cara, please.” said a very familiar voice, some one was holding me tight.
    I opened my eyes very slowly and tried to focus when they did I could see Leo holding me and I smiled. “Hey you came back to me.” I said my voice hurt my throat.
    “Oh thank God!” he held me so tight I could barely breathe then kissed my face all over.
    “Leo you can’t do that not any more.” said a charming voice iced with venom.
    I looked over and was practically blinded by beauty. A slightly tall and lean body, but she looked exactly like one of those angels in a painting you’d see on the ceiling of a church in Italy. Her hair was a shimmering blonde and her eyes were a deep piercing blue.
    I hated her immediately.
    “Back off Mary,” said Leo so venomously I thought he was a demon for a second till he looked at me his eyes soft and worry. “Are you okay?”
    I thought about it for a moment and realized I felt fine better than fine in fact I felt great. “Yeah I feel great but what happened?”
    “Your powers have awaken.” said William coming up next to her. “Now there is no stopping it.”
    “Stopping what?” I asked confused. “And what happened to you?”
    “There’s a war coming and you’ll be at the heart of it all.” he said darkly before turning completely cheery. “But I must say that was the fondest thing I have ever done.”
    My mind just barely held on but I was still confused. “Huh?”
    William looked like a child at Christmas. “Well as you must know I can see into other peoples powers and ect. But any way I’ve seen many things but to see and feel your power first hand was the most exhilarating experiences in my life, ever, hands down. Your are without a doubt the key and your powers!” he could barely contain himself he looked like he wanted to celebrate.
    Leo helped me up and we went to the house before William totally flipped his top.
    In side we sat down so William would have a chance to explain everything before he died.
    “I’ve never been so overwhelmed in my life!” he breathed. “You have immense amounts of spiritual power that came from your mothers side of the family and your father had the ability to control the weather with his emotions. You also have the ability to see into the hearts of others along with their auras and tons more! I was so over come with information I wasn’t able to get it all.” finally he sat back relieved.
    “Okay but what about these?” I asked holding up the bracelets.
    William jumped up at the sight of them as he serious forgot them. “Oh holy-! Those bracelets are magical object meant to hold back and hide a great amount of power. They are so rare some believe they don’t even exist, with that you can control your power and hide it.”
    Well at least that was some good news I sat back in my chair feeling a bit relieved. Leo stood next to my chair gave me a small smile and I gave him a mega-watt smile worthy of Times Square. Suddenly Mary stepped between us and put her arm around Leo’s waist as if to claim him as hers.
    I glared at her extremely pissed. “Get your paws off of him kitty before I permanently de-claw you.” I warned her standing up.
    Mary smirked and hugged him tighter. “Me-ow.”
    Now I’m not sure what happened next but all I know for sure is I was pissed and Mary was blasted through a window and out the room. She wasn’t hurt because she was glaring at me from the front yard, but for some reason I didn’t want to let her come back in and she couldn’t she ran into a force field.

Thanks

“Cara! You just blasted your guardian angel through a window!” said William not believing it. “And you can put up a barrier!”
    I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned around to see Leo trying to hold back a smile. “You know they went through a lot of trouble to see if they’d let me come back or not and Mary was the solution. She’s a pure angel and likes me.” I watched as he shivered. “Anyway she’s suppose to keep us from not happening but now that your powers have awaken I don’t think she has the power.” he laughed.
    I hugged Leo tight and kissed him on the cheek. “I don’t like to share.”
    “Mmm, that’s fine by me.” he kissed my face and tickled my sides making me laugh uncontrollably, then he picked me up in a hug and spun around. When he stopped our eyes locked and I couldn’t look away everything else melted away he began to lean down and-
    “Ahem.” coughed everyone.
    I looked around a little confused and everyone was smiling at me, ‘Oh my god I forgot they were here.’ I thought embarrassed and buried my face in Leo’s chest while everyone laughed hysterically.
    “Hey! Let me in!” yelled a forgotten Mary from out side.
    I wondered over to the window and glared at her. “No!”
    “Come on let me in!” she yelled/ pleaded.
    I didn’t want to be cruel. “Fine but keep your hands off of Leo or I’ll make sure you regret it.” I waved the barrier down without much thought and turned to William. “Sorry about the window I’ll pay for a new one.”
    “Well that’s good to hear at least it won’t come out of my abnormally large pay check that the government gives me that would be very bad.” he said sarcastically.
    I shrugged off his attempt to talk me out of it. “I will pay for it.”
    “Alright,” he shrugged then smiled mysteriously at me. “Your curious aren’t you?”
    “About what?” I asked a little confused.
    His eyes flashed towards everyone else then quickly back to me. “I could tell you if you’d like.”
    I was quite curious, but when I thought about it, it’s not all that important. “I’ll find out in time, they can tell me when they want to I’ll be here.” I said sending a smile over at Hailey.
    Hailey was slow in response but I waited for her to smile back. I could feel everyone looking between us but I didn’t care. I know I made a friend.
    __________________________________________________ _________

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast