+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Siren Named Asperity

Newbie xdeath by midnightxx is off to a good start xdeath by midnightxx's Avatar
    Thanks

The Siren Named Asperity

When I was born I was hatched from my mother coming into the world as a half-human, bird. My mother left me the second I opened my sea-crystallized eyes,flying away to let me take of myself. I felt all alone, but my inner instinct told me to sing the song that beckoning to come out. I opened my fragile beak, trying to let my song play. A sound rose up from me and a melody flew in the air. It was breathtaking and it was what I was born to do. I let my voice get stronger, until I couldn't sing anymore. My wings fluttered. then discerned to the ground. Here I was laying in the cool, sweetened grass, waiting for my calling to come. I knew there was something I had to do, even though I had no clue how to figure it out. I suddenly heard a strange mummer from far away. It's voice was a unknown tongue, but I could hear it coming closer. My eye's had not fully adjusted to all the brightness around me, but there was a shadowy creature staring right at me. My wings shivered and my claws sharpened at the smell coming form the unknown creature. My throat quivered, causing my voice to ring out. The creature swayed swiftly and it came even closer. My rusty-colored beak was touching his outer skin, making me sing more. He drew it's claws up and fell back. I flew back a step in case it wold strike. Noting happened, and all was still. My bird-like heart jumped in rhythms pumping loudly. Why do I feel so cheerful, I feel as if I did something good. This creature is dead, I am sure and here I am craving to repeat the scene, that happened. My beak opened slightly revealing little tips of my soon to be deadly teeth. They glistened in a bright red, dripping a liquid onto the grass. The realization kicked in as I saw that I was put here to cause these creatures that walked in my prescience. i grew tired and started to close my eyes, shutting out the desperate pain to strike another one, before the light died in me.

This was a story I had to write in English class from the view-point of a Siren. We had been reading ''The Odyssey'' and we could write about the view point from another character and I chose the Siren. It would make more sense if you had read the Odyssey, but if not you should check it out. You might in-joy it, if you like Greek Mythology.

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Siren Named Asperity

Wow that was great especially the rusty part. The Odyessy eh ? is that the one on Ulysses and how persiphone cursed him to be lost in the sea and so on ? I read it and Alfred Tennyson's poem on him .Unlike this poem , i found both of them boring =_= .Great siren-view though

Newbie xdeath by midnightxx is off to a good start xdeath by midnightxx's Avatar
    Thanks

well thank you!! I read a different one. Like the one where he got thrown out at sea from Poseidon getting angry at him. It's like there are a bit of different versions apparently, but I've heard that name before..but thank you for commenting!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xdeath by midnightxx View Post
    well thank you!! I read a different one. Like the one where he got thrown out at sea from Poseidon getting angry at him. It's like there are a bit of different versions apparently, but I've heard that name before..but thank you for commenting!
    Yup that's the one =) .I keep forgetting his name poesidon .Its the one in which he brags about not needing the God's help and stuff and then he has to travel around and around the sea =)

Thanks

oh Kay yeah! I didn't like him too we\ll. Cocky little weasel lol

Thanks

oh Kay yeah! I didn't like him too we\ll. Cocky little weasel lol
    Lol i know ! And there's this loong poem on him by alfred Tennyson oh god ! Boy is it boring

Thanks

oh man! I like the stuff..but i't can drag to far sometimes.

Thanks

oh man! I like the stuff..but i't can drag to far sometimes.
    Yea i know .... igot tired listening to all the vigour and energy old ulysses had and his adventures .Sounded exhausting !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast