+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: A Special Someone

  1. #1
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    A Special Someone

    Here is the first chappie of a new fanfic of mine.
    Hope you enjoy! =]


    Disclaimer: I do not own inuyasha. Rumiko-san does :]

    Rating: (PG-13) -for potty mouths here and there-

    Chapter 1: Premonition

    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    “INUYASHA!” Kikyo yelled, confused and hurt as she studied the arrow leave her bow and speed towards Inuyasha’s chest. His eyes widened as it pinned him against the Sacred Tree.
    “Ki...Kikyo...” he managed to say, his voice soft and gentle. Reaching out his hand, taking his last breath, Inuyasha watched as the one he loved faded into nothingness, as he closed his eyes. A tear of hurt and sadness slid down her pale cheeks as the priestess watched the half-demon she came to love die before her eyes. She limped towards his lifeless body, a trail of blood following her.

    “Inu...yasha..Ugh!” She suddenly fell to her knees, clutching onto the wound on her back. She was loosing too much blood. She reached for the jewel that had fallen from his grasp as he died.

    “KIKYO!!” Kaede screamed in horror, as she ran towards her older sister. “KIKYO!!” she cried, kneeling down next to the priestess.

    “Kaede…” Kikyo said softly, for she was too weak to even speak. “I’m leaving to the..other world, now…” Tears ran down Kaede’s face as she heard her sister speak these words.

    “No...!”

    “Shh… It’s alright. This was destined to be. Kaede, listen to me… I need you to take this jewel and burn it with my body. That way it can never get into the hands of evi…” She winced in pain as she finished her destination to the ground. Kaede’s eyes widened as she watched her sister lay there in a pool of blood…dead.

    “Ki…Kikyo...”

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    “Hhhhnnn--!” Kagome gasped as she sharply sat up, her eyes wide. Droplets of cold sweat ran down the sides of her face. Breathing heavily, she sat there, blinking.
    “Inu…yasha?” she said gently, tasting the name on her lips for the first time. She furrowed her brow in confusion. She shook her head.

    ‘What the hell..? That was too weird of a dream…’ she thought to herself as she got up from underneath her covers and off the bed.

    “Kagome..!” she heard her mother yell from downstairs, “hurry up and get dressed! You’re going to be late for school!”

    “Alright!” she sang in response. She had taken a shower the night before, so there was no need to shower now. She brushed her teeth, quickly did her hair, and undressed from her pajama pants and shirt; quickly changing into her school uniform. She threw herself onto her bed and struggled to put on her socks. She lift up her head and looked at the alarm clock on the dresser, opposite her. Her eyebrows twitched as she looked at it. It was off.

    ‘Huh?’ she thought. She never turned her alarm clock off. She had always left it on. She shook the thought away and left it a mystery to be solved when she returned home from school.

    Finished with her socks, she quickly got up and grabbed her school bag, leaving her room. As she ran down the stairs she heard a loud CRASH coming from the kitchen.

    “What happened here?” she said as she walked into the kitchen. Her younger brother, Souta, was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal while her mother and grandfather were kneeling down on the floor, gathering pieces of what looked like a ceramic plate.

    Hitomi, Kagome’s mother, sighed in disappointment. “Buyo jumped onto the table, startling Father, which made him knock this 20 year old plate on the floor...” Kagome looked down at the cat that was now licking its paw. She rolled her eyes.

    “PLATE!?!”

    “WHA-!” Kagome jumped from her grandfather’s sudden outburst.

    “HITOMI, THIS ISN’T A PLATE!” her grandfather cried out to his daughter. “THIS JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THE ANCIENT TOOLS USED DURING THE FEUDAL ERA!! IT’S PRICELESS! WE COULD HAVE BEEN ROLLING IN THE DOUGH IF ONLY BUYO DIDN’T STARTLE ME LIKE THAT!”

    “Pssh..Buyo might’ve startled you, but you’re the one who dropped the plate, old man...” Souta managed to mumble at the table. Kagome giggled.

    “WHAT WAS THAT YOUNG MAN!” his grandfather glared at him.

    “Wha-! N-nothing grandpa!” Souta replied, stuffing spoonfuls of Cap’N Crunch into his mouth.

    Kagome rolled her eyes. Her grandfather was always ranting on about some stupid ancient/sacred thing from the past. “Mom, do ya need some help with that?” she offered.

    “No sweetie, thank you though…” Hitomi said, smiling up at her fifteen year old daughter. Kagome nodded and smiled back in return.

    “OOooOOoh!!! The irony!! I was just going to sell the ancient tool this afternoon!” her grandfather was still going on about the stupid plate. Both Hitomi and Kagome rolled their eyes. Hitomi continued to help pick up the pieces of the shattered plate. Kagome looked up at the clock on the wall. 8:00. Her eyes widened. “Oiy-! I’m late!” She hurriedly ran towards the front door. “BYE MOM! BYE GRANDPA! SEE YA SOUTA!” she cried out as she put her shoes on and left, the front door slamming shut behind her.

    She ran in the direction of her school. The earliest she’d be there would be 8:30 if she continued to walk. She sighed and stopped at a city bus stop.

    ‘The next bus comes in five minutes, and it shouldn’t take long for it to get near my school…I’ll wait.’ she decided in her head as she sat on the bench.

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Well, there ya go! Chapter 1! Hope you enjoyed!
    Please review and comment! Thanks<3
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Feb 07, 2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: make it look better =/

  2. #2
    Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Here is the first chappie of a new fanfic of mine.
    Hope you enjoy! =]


    Disclaimer: I do not own inuyasha. Rumiko-san does :]

    Rating: (PG-13) -for potty mouths here and there-

    Chapter 1: Premonition

    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________________
    “INUYASHA!” Kikyo yelled, confused and hurt as she studied the arrow leave her bow and speed towards Inuyasha’s chest. His eyes widened as it pinned him against the Sacred Tree.
    “Ki...Kikyo...” he managed to say, his voice soft and gentle. Reaching out his hand, taking his last breath, Inuyasha watched as the one he loved faded into nothingness, as he closed his eyes. A tear of hurt and sadness slid down her pale cheeks as the priestess watched the half-demon she came to love die before her eyes. She limped towards his lifeless body, a trail of blood following her.

    “Inu...yasha..Ugh!” She suddenly fell to her knees, clutching onto the wound on her back. She was loosing too much blood. She reached for the jewel that had fallen from his grasp as he died.

    “KIKYO!!” Kaede screamed in horror, as she ran towards her older sister. “KIKYO!!” she cried, kneeling down next to the priestess.

    “Kaede…” Kikyo said softly, for she was too weak to even speak. “I’m leaving to the..other world, now…” Tears ran down Kaede’s face as she heard her sister speak these words.

    “No...!”

    “Shh… It’s alright. This was destined to be. Kaede, listen to me… I need you to take this jewel and burn it with my body. That way it can never get into the hands of evi…” She winced in pain as she finished her destination to the ground. Kaede’s eyes widened as she watched her sister lay there in a pool of blood…dead.

    “Ki…Kikyo...”

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _
    “Hhhhnnn--!” Kagome gasped as she sharply sat up, her eyes wide. Droplets of cold sweat ran down the sides of her face. Breathing heavily, she sat there, blinking.
    “Inu…yasha?” she said gently, tasting the name on her lips for the first time. She furrowed her brow in confusion. She shook her head.

    ‘What the hell..? That was too weird of a dream…’ she thought to herself as she got up from underneath her covers and off the bed.

    “Kagome..!” she heard her mother yell from downstairs, “hurry up and get dressed! You’re going to be late for school!”

    “Alright!” she sang in response. She had taken a shower the night before, so there was no need to shower now. She brushed her teeth, quickly did her hair, and undressed from her pajama pants and shirt; quickly changing into her school uniform. She threw herself onto her bed and struggled to put on her socks. She lift up her head and looked at the alarm clock on the dresser, opposite her. Her eyebrows twitched as she looked at it. It was off.

    ‘Huh?’ she thought. She never turned her alarm clock off. She had always left it on. She shook the thought away and left it a mystery to be solved when she returned home from school.

    Finished with her socks, she quickly got up and grabbed her school bag, leaving her room. As she ran down the stairs she heard a loud CRASH coming from the kitchen.

    “What happened here?” she said as she walked into the kitchen. Her younger brother, Souta, was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal while her mother and grandfather were kneeling down on the floor, gathering pieces of what looked like a ceramic plate.

    Hitomi, Kagome’s mother, sighed in disappointment. “Buyo jumped onto the table, startling Father, which made him knock this 20 year old plate on the floor...” Kagome looked down at the cat that was now licking its paw. She rolled her eyes.

    “PLATE!?!”

    “WHA-!” Kagome jumped from her grandfather’s sudden outburst.

    “HITOMI, THIS ISN’T A PLATE!” her grandfather cried out to his daughter. “THIS JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THE ANCIENT TOOLS USED DURING THE FEUDAL ERA!! IT’S PRICELESS! WE COULD HAVE BEEN ROLLING IN THE DOUGH IF ONLY BUYO DIDN’T STARTLE ME LIKE THAT!”

    “Pssh..Buyo might’ve startled you, but you’re the one who dropped the plate, old man...” Souta managed to mumble at the table. Kagome giggled.

    “WHAT WAS THAT YOUNG MAN!” his grandfather glared at him.

    “Wha-! N-nothing grandpa!” Souta replied, stuffing spoonfuls of Cap’N Crunch into his mouth.

    Kagome rolled her eyes. Her grandfather was always ranting on about some stupid ancient/sacred thing from the past. “Mom, do ya need some help with that?” she offered.

    “No sweetie, thank you though…” Hitomi said, smiling up at her fifteen year old daughter. Kagome nodded and smiled back in return.

    “OOooOOoh!!! The irony!! I was just going to sell the ancient tool this afternoon!” her grandfather was still going on about the stupid plate. Both Hitomi and Kagome rolled their eyes. Hitomi continued to help pick up the pieces of the shattered plate. Kagome looked up at the clock on the wall. 8:00. Her eyes widened. “Oiy-! I’m late!” She hurriedly ran towards the front door. “BYE MOM! BYE GRANDPA! SEE YA SOUTA!” she cried out as she put her shoes on and left, the front door slamming shut behind her.

    She ran in the direction of her school. The earliest she’d be there would be 8:30 if she continued to walk. She sighed and stopped at a city bus stop.

    ‘The next bus comes in five minutes, and it shouldn’t take long for it to get near my school…I’ll wait.’ she decided in her head as she sat on the bench.

    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Well, there ya go! Chapter 1! Hope you enjoyed!
    Please review and comment! Thanks<3
    I liked the story but you had to say softly after each quote. it took away from the mood as you repeted the same feelings for each person as they died! overall, i liked it alot!


  3. #3
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    lol!

    wow, I didn't notice..
    Now I know to watch how I write! I'll look into that next time I'm writing!

    Thanks for commenting! Second Chappie coming soon! :]
    Last edited by The White Wolf; Feb 07, 2007 at 04:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    lol!

    wow, I didn't notice..
    Now I know to watch how I write! I'll look into that next time I'm writing!

    Thanks for commenting! Second Chappie coming soon! :]
    That will be cool. PM me when you post ti so I can see what you have changed!
    Keep it coming!


  5. #5
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    heh heh all right! =]

  6. #6
    Otaku venelse may be famous one day venelse may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    113
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattness View Post
    I liked the story but you had to say softly after each quote. it took away from the mood as you repeted the same feelings for each person as they died! overall, i liked it alot!
    I agree with Matt. but overall it's a great fanfic~ Looking forward for the second one and by the way I was actually having a bad day but reading it actually did take my mind off why in the 1st place was I crying THX*

  7. #7
    Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,554
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts

    Re: A Special Someone

    Quote Originally Posted by venelse View Post
    I agree with Matt. but overall it's a great fanfic~ Looking forward for the second one and by the way I was actually having a bad day but reading it actually did take my mind off why in the 1st place was I crying THX*
    hey! wow..you're welcome!!

    ^ ^ Second chapter coming soon! promise!

    Thanks! =]]

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. From my special someone, to me.
    By Rave_Grip in forum Poems
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: May 09, 2006, 09:51 AM
  2. Someone Special?
    By stargirl_washu in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Mar 13, 2006, 09:08 AM
  3. In that special someone...
    By Keiko in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Feb 05, 2006, 09:07 AM
  4. Someone special or not?
    By Melarik Laokuzzia in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Jan 03, 2006, 02:39 PM
  5. Special Names???
    By Wrath in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: May 30, 2005, 05:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts