+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squad: My first short story

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Squad: My first short story

They were dirty and tired. Dawn had just come and they had just finished an assault. There were five left and they had lost three in the last assault. In a valley filled with haze that ruined the lush green environment. They tired their hardest to spot any snipers if they were there. One of them stopped and signaled to his squad that he was going to sit down on a rock for a break. He sat down, put his gun aside, and took off his helmet. The rest of the squad members decided to take a break as well. He wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand. He looked up at the sky and watched planes fly overhead and birds flutter about. He listened to the gunfire, explosions, the breeze, and the birds chirping. He tried to tune out the sounds of war and listen to the sounds of nature. He glanced at his squad members who were talking about where they were headed and what could happen. He looked over to the floor and noticed a grasshopper. He smiled at it. They heard rustling in a bush not to far off. They clutched their guns and glared at the bush. He just sat there. The thought of war left his mind; he kept looking at the grasshopper. As the grasshopper went out of site he glanced over at his fellow squad members who kept looking at the rustling bush. One of them suggested throwing a grenade at the bush. A squad member pulled out a grenade, pulled the pin, and tossed it at the bush. They all ducked for cover except for the one who was tuning out war. The smile has disappeared from his face as war came back to him like a sack of bricks dropped from a B-17 bomber. The bush exploded and one of the soldiers glanced and concluded that it was only a rabbit as he held up a salvaged ear. As war came back to the soldier he put his helmet back on, he opened the bolt to see if there was a round in the chamber. He stood up.
    BANG!
    He fell back down. He laid on the rock this time, he had dropped his rifle, and his helmet rolled off his head.

PLEASE COMMENT AFTER READING!
    Last edited by SamuraiDude128; Jul 14, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Otaku BrokenLover101 is off to a good start BrokenLover101's Avatar
    Somewhere where only simplicity can take me
    Thanks

Re: Squad: My first short story

Oh wow.. That's horrible.. ><

Oh not the story, the story was wonderful, the ending was sad and horrible...>< Poor bunnie and soldier. You really do paint and interesting story, I've watched a lot of war movies and that would be a perfect scene in one of them. You have a wonderful skill, cherish it..

I look forward to reading more of your work. ^^
    X.x.X The only thing I'll ever want... X.x.X

X.x.X Is for you to love me the way I love you.. X.x.X

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Squad: My first short story

Wow thank you! I had played Morrowind and the story hit me while walking through a lush valley

+ Reply to Thread