+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things you hate about fanfictions

Newbie Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent may be famous one day Ajescent's Avatar
    Thanks

Things you hate about fanfictions

(This surely has to be the right place to post this right?)

I was recently browsing through a fansite for Naruto and one of the threads was a list of things people hated about fan fictions (not just naruto ones), I just thought it would interesting to see what the people here hate. Now just to say this is not a thread aimed at any of the existing fanfictions, this is purely just for laughs and if you are to post here don't aim any punches at anyones on here.

Now I will start off,

I hate it when fanfictions create romance between two people that in no way shape or form was it ever hinted or even fathomable that they would be interested in each other in anyway possible.

For example, A Cloud and Sephiroth (Final Fantasy 7) romance, Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter series) and so on.

Using the Cloud and Sephiroth example, it confuses me how Cloud Strife can go from wanting to hack Sephiroth because of his deep seated hatred for to wanting to do anything else. If there was a plausible explaination (and there never is) it would make sense.

I have nothing against Yaoi/Yuri fanfics but if you are going to do it at least make it plausible/possible.
    And The Balrogs Shall Inherit The Land...

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Things you hate about fanfictions

I think that some people do not understand that the success of their fanfic depends on whether people want to read it or not. So my only gripe about certain fanfics are the lengths of it. It would be better to split it up into many smaller chapters instead of having one big one.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Sepulchure is off to a good start Sepulchure's Avatar
    Thanks

Well...Mr.Pyoro

Sometimes it'd be best to just have it all in one post and it being all done so IF poeple like it they wont be all like "Omg! y havnt u posted another chaptar yet??????"

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sepulchure View Post
    Sometimes it'd be best to just have it all in one post and it being all done so IF poeple like it they wont be all like "Omg! y havnt u posted another chaptar yet??????"
    Well when people see a five page fan fiction, it tends to make them think twice about spending time on it. I agree with Pyoro. It's best if it's split into chapters.

Newbie Sepulchure is off to a good start Sepulchure's Avatar
    Thanks

Well...That can work also but I'm still stickin to my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread