+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Uzumaki Naruto, eh?

Newbie Lethe is off to a good start Lethe's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Uzumaki Naruto, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Renn View Post
    lol. well like always i love the story and hope to see more!^.^ Have you already finish this story???
    Yes it is done and thanks I do so appreciate your comments - though people have been bugging me regarding something they say I didn't explain...stupid frog...I've actually been thinking about it so I guess it's within the realm of possibility that I'll write it...uh yeah - anyway here be the end of it all - I'm pretty sure I didn't hit 10k with this - but then I do tend to ramble a bit... see what I mean?

Uzumaki Naruto, Eh?
    Part 4 with short Epilogue

Sarutobi paused as he raced up the spiraling staircase when he heard a great cheer arise from the outside the village. I'm too late, he thought and checking his bearing for the Death God's presence sped quickly into the building. In and down, he thought as he continued to make his way through the building. It's closer, he thought as he turned another corner.

An open door at the end of the hall showed Sarutobi candles arranged around a small cushion in the middle of the room and the Third froze when he saw the small hands of the baby on it. Sarutobi's earlier misgivings brought home the realization of just what was happening as he sped toward the room.

Reaching the door he halted again when Yondaime and four of his bunshins appeared circling the cushion each with a matching ghostly hand holding something small over the baby. The infant let out a pain filled scream as two of the Yondaime's bunshins completed their seals. The other two disappeared a moment later, and the object they held glowed with a curious light before it too disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Saratobi entered the room just in time to watch the Yondaime sink to his knees in front of the still screaming infant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minato's eyes were locked on the blood seal that now glowed very bright as it burned itself into the baby. The child shrieked as if his lungs would burst and Minato reached out and grasped both of the small hands in an effort to ease the flow of the kyuubi as the seal continued to absorb the bijuu into the infant's stomach.

As the last of it cleared the seal, Minato closed his eyes and stared at the kyuubi as it returned the glare through the bars of its newly constructed prison. Minato gave a slow breath and said in a tired voice, "Step six is now complete."

Such pride...such arrogance...I'm impressed, I'd give you more but this battle has left me bereft of energy so I admit my defeat to you. You are the first to succeed and the only shinobi I've met that was truly worthy of that title, the kyuubi chuckled, slitted eyes half closed. Leave me...Hokage.

Minato's own eyes snapped open as the Death God pulled at his soul, reminding him that payment for his services were now due. Gathering up the baby, he was surprised how quickly the baby settled down once he was wrapped back in his blanket. Wide-awake the baby once again stared at him...waiting.

"What's the boy's name?" the Third asked.

Minato stared down at the baby. This was the most time since taking him from his mother he'd had to look at his son. Seeing the shape of Kushina's eyes, genuine regret for the time they'd never share filled his heart and he said quietly. "I am so sorry, but I am out of time." Another tug from the Death God urged Minato to get a move on and he handed the child to Sarutobi.

"Minato?"

"Naruto...Uzumaki Naruto," Minato said quietly and shifted himself a little farther from them. "Sandaime-sama, please...help him grow to be the hero I know he already is and help the villagers see...what he is not." The Third Hokage nodded and Minato took a deep breath before he said, "Thank you. The final step is now ready..." Minato took one last look at his son and smiled before he said, "Naruto...what ever the future holds for you...do your best" and willingly passed his soul to the Death God as payment for Kohona's salvation.

"Seal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue eyes blinked up at him and Sarutobi looked back at the still form on the floor. The resemblance was striking, but Sarutobi understood why Minato named the boy to another family. Sarutobi cocked an eyebrow noticing the small whiskers on the infant's face. Shifting the child around he wondered at the smile that crept onto the baby's face and he remembered what the newly christened baby's name actually meant. Minato always did have an odd sense of humor and most never 'got' his jokes, but to name the boy after a whirlpool? Probably Jiriaya's influence Sandaime decided.

"Uzumaki Naruto, eh? Let's hope you never turn out to be as chaotic as all that," Sarutobi said to the infant. The baby just stared up him with that sleepy grin still on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

15 years later...

Returning to Konoha after a particularly long and tiring mission, Team Kakashi entered the village late in the evening. Yamato led the way through town, and they were shortly joined by Kakashi as he carefully avoided other pedestrians while he listened and continued to re-read his book. Sai, Sakura and Naruto followed a short way behind.

"How does he do that?" Sakura asked waving a dismissive hand at the jounin.

"Eyes in the back of his head," Sai stated in his usual deadpan manner.

"That would certainly explain a lot."

Naruto stopped listening to his teammates as he took a deep breath, letting his eyes droop a bit while he took in the smells and sounds around him. When his stomach growled, Naruto decided his first priority after their report was to get some ramen in him as he made a mental list of everything he planned to order. With that important detail out of the way he looked up at the stone monuments letting his eyes sweep over them.

...Naruto...
    what ever the future holds for you
    ...do your best...

Naruto blinked. There it was again...that voice...

"Eh, Naruto, you paying attention?" Naruto's attention refocused on Sakura as she asked, "What are you doing?"

"Sorry, Sakura-chan...I just thought I heard something."

"Oh? What was it?"

"Aaah, it's nothing..." Naruto didn't even want to try to explain it. It was just something that always happened on his birthday. Besides, just how do you tell people about a voice that you know you know, but can't remember why you know or even when you heard it to begin with without it sounding completely idiotic? Sakura-chan already thought he was stupid beyond reason, so why add to that?

"But you had such a surprised expression...were thinking about..." her question trailed off into nothing when she noticed the grin he'd forced onto his face. Did she really think he needed to be reminded of the the damn thing was there? For as smart as she was, Sakura-chan still hadn't figured out that he really didn't want to talk about it. Her worry always sounded a little too much like pity and that was something Naruto definitely didn't need or want, especially from her. A bit angry now and not really wanting to shout at her, Naruto shrugged picking up his pace.

"I'm sorry, Naruto," Sakura said catching up to him, "I shouldn't have brought that up, I just...what were you thinking about?"

Naruto shrugged again and continued up the street. He really just wished she'd drop it already. This was definitely one of those times Naruto regretted ever opening his mouth on the whole kyuubi subject. Just too damn confusing to sort out and it was times like these that Naruto just wanted to go home and forget that day ever happened.

"It must be a very important memory for you, Naruto," Sai said behind him.

Naruto came to a halt. A memory? That thought never occurred to him as he turned and asked Sai, "Why do you think it could be a memory?"

"It affects you deeply, only a true memory can do that."

For all his initial dislike of his new teammate, Naruto decided he was pretty smart sometimes. Naruto didn't quite smile, but he didn't comment either as he glanced up at the image of the Yondaime Hokage carved into the mountainside. This time he felt a curious sense of loss as he almost wished that voice belonged to...

Naruto...
    what ever the future holds for you...
    do your best...

A smile crept onto Naruto's weary face as he mentally picked out a spot for himself on the mountain and thought, For all the crap I put up with in the past, it really is good to be home.
    Last edited by Lethe; Dec 04, 2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: cause i'm an idiot
    ...to get what you've never had,
    you must do what you've never done...

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

lol youre not an idoit....anyway great ending!!i got a question though.Is this when Saskue leaves?and thhey get a new teammate?????what up with that???

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

lol youre not an idoit....anyway great ending!!i got a question though.Is this when Saskue leaves?and thhey get a new teammate?????what up with that???
    after Sasuke leaves - I did note there would be spoilers...It would be impossible to write this otherwise so I canna do much about that

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    This is a story of the sometimes odd choices parents get to make for their children, How and why Naruto got named the way he did... why the death god jutsu worked on the kyuubi in the first place and one rather random frog...uh yeah - anyway work on assumption there are spoilers in this. I just hope Iruka will forgive me for what I did to his parents.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

okay so i didn't see that part but man that was a great story!!! i hope you write another one real soon!!!!

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

okay so i didn't see that part but man that was a great story!!! i hope you write another one real soon!!!!
    You think? - Well I am working on another so I guess I'll post the first bit in a little while

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2