+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When I Dwelt In Darkness ((story. prologue.))

Newbie uten følelse may be famous one day uten følelse may be famous one day uten følelse's Avatar
    Thanks

When I Dwelt In Darkness ((story. prologue.))

so this is a story i have begun to work on...it has taken me about a week and a half to write what i have posted here...so please read and comment...^.^

When I dwelt in darkness...-

-Prologue-

I sat there letting words long unspoken surface for the first time. Greif struck me and I could not help the tears that came forth from my eyes. It seemed so long ago when all used to be simple. How could I have been so cruel, walking along a path I was never meant to take. How could I have held his heart in my hands when my own I would not give, not allowing myself to love. How could I have stood there looking into his eyes, smiling as he cried as I said goodbye. It was folly to not foresee his death, though it was by his own hand. I laugh softly wondering if he truly thought he could fly. I laughed as I took my own life.

But something was not right. Where were those pearly white gates or the seven circles of hell surrounding me? Someone’s voice was whispered into my ears. A voice so remote and unfamiliar, yet beautiful and soothing. Had I come to enter heaven after all? But no I heard those dreaded ambulance sirens. Then I heard no more.

Newbie uten følelse may be famous one day uten følelse may be famous one day uten følelse's Avatar
    Thanks

When I Dwelt In Darkness ((Story. Chapter 1.))

-Chapter One-

I awoke to the blinding light of the sun filtering through the curtains of what appeared to be a hospital room. My body felt detached from me in a sense and finding my head to be the only thing movable for the moment, I took to looking around the room. No flowers, no "get well soon" cards. Nothing. Not the slightest indication that anyone cared was evident in the silent room. I wondered to myself why the blinds were even open. My eyes hurt from the light so I settled back into a dreamless sleep.

Then I heard that voice again. An image came into my mind of someone with wings blacker than night staring at me through my window. I started from my sleep with a gasp and looked outside but there was no one to be seen. But I was not alone.

"I see you're finally up..." said a voice from a darkened corner. I looked and saw a man sitting in a chair looking at me with a look of care and concern. "Who are you?" I asked but it felt as if I already knew. It felt I had seen his face somewhere before.

"That should not be your concern right now. What you should be asking is how you got here." he smiled slightly, the whites of his teeth showing in the darkness of the room. I looked down and noticed for the first time that my wrists had been carefully and neatly bandaged. I quickly looked away and then back at the man again and decided to play his little game. "Ok. How did I get here then?" I stared at him a little crossly and folded my arms. Doing so made me wince, however and seeing me do so brought him to a stand. He began walking towards me and I shifted a little in my bed. He sat down at the foot of the bed and looked at me almost in reverence though I could hardly imagine why.

"How did you get here?" he said to me his eyes glistening slightly. "Well, that is a simple one. I brought you here." he paused and looked towards the window. He sighed then softly said, "and what’s more is that I am the one that found you..."

I thought carefully about this. I had tried unsuccessfully to take my own life of that I was sure. The memory of it burned me and the pain was overwhelming. I took a deep breath and then it hit me. "You could not have found me unless you had access to get into my apartment..." I looked at him suspiciously. And then he nodded.

"yes." he replied softly. His gaze he now turned to me and I realized his eye color was red. And yet it did not bother me. He must have noticed that I had noted his eye color for he shifted his eyes and they turned a darker color. A faint blush arose on his fair skinned face. He cleared his throat then and continued.

"Yes. Your life was spared because I happened to be there. How I got into your apartment is simple. You see, I have a key..." he held out his hand and there on his palm was a copy of my apartment key. I was in disbelief. I looked at him then back at the key. Closing my eyes I brought my hands to my head shaking slightly. I was very confused.

"How..." I began to say. Then I looked at him. “How did you get a key to my apartment? I-I don't..." he holds up a hand to me as if to silence me. I let my hands fall to my lap and looked at him wondering if I was going to like what he was going to say to me next.

"Well let me begin at the beginning so as not to confuse you. I have known you for quite a long, long time. I was there when you took your first breath. I was there when you smiled for the first time. I was there when you took your first steps. In other words I have known you and I have watched over you as I was commanded to since you were born." he pauses. Sighing he looks away blushing slightly. He then shakes his head. “I still do not understand how it came to be, but as I watched over you and watched as you grew up. When you became more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed...I became distressed. Oftentimes I would walk past you in hopes of you noticing me...but you did not. You kept getting your heart broken and I watched as your heart slowly withered and decayed. You had forgotten all about me..."

He stopped. The look upon his face was that of sadness that I couldn’t fully comprehend. This person sitting in front of me was telling me something that was stirring my curiosity. I wanted and needed to hear more.

"Please...go on." I looked at him almost pleadingly. He looked at me with some surprise and then nodded.

"I grew to love you in the end. Though, regrettably, I was forced to abandon you. I disobeyed and because of that my memory was taken from not only you but myself as well. I only recovered it in time because I still had your key. And that is when I found you near death..." he stopped and sighed. He looked down at his hands and clenched his fists and shook his head. "I...I could not stop you. I wasn’t there to help you, to heal your wounds..."

I had never felt so much love and warmth come from someone. I reached out and placed my hands upon his clenched fists and then withdrew them uncertain of what it was I was feeling. He looked at me and then standing up he removed himself to the window and looked out sighing once more. His long black hair glistened in the darkness and for the first time as he turned and looked at me with those red eyes i perceived his beauty and felt my heart begin to race. I looked away, becoming lost in my own thoughts. He said I had forgotten him...if that was the case how did I forget him? I was so very confused. What was he? Who was he? Just as I was about to ask him a question concerning my thoughts I heard the window open. I looked and found he had disappeared. I do not know how long I sat there and stared at the open window, nor remember when sleep took me again, but his warmth never left the room. There was something about him that gnawed at the back of my mind. I felt I could trust him with my life and I wanted to. That kind of feeling I had not been able to have with anyone for so long. Not since I lost...

Newbie zig93 is off to a good start
    Thanks
    well that was good I liked it now I am going to chapter 1.

verry good I like it I am cought up in it so I will go to chapter 2... Hope I can find more of them.
    Last edited by kedar; Jun 04, 2007 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Double posting!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: When I Dwelt In Darkness ((Story. Chapter 1.))

Moving to the fanfiction section.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: When I Dwelt In Darkness ((story. prologue.))

Merging with your other fanfiction thread I just created.

+ Reply to Thread