Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New Clan

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Clan

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    So. The general opinion on a new clan is bad.

It wouldn't hurt to put some focus on a clan, and these ones are smaller, so it might be easier to stay active as friendships would be much easier to establish. It's not my problem or fault that the other clans have less than full numbers, it's been that way for a while and nothing has been done. No one asked to join and invites weren't sent to the forum community.

It seems odd, to me, that this is being shot down and opposed. It won't affect you or anyone else really.
    I'm not shooting it down entirely, I just don't see how starting a new clan is needed. If your clan is needing members, go out and pm people you know to join, hell, even ketsueki has had members come and go this way. And please inform me how you would know nothing has been done with the other clans. My clan had 15 members for a long while, we lost some, added some, and then lost some more.

Anyways, it's up to DB. If he wants to allow it, so be it.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

It's okay, it's all been settled.

Close the thread please, the new clan won't be made until the others are all stable and shiny. I guess I should apologize for being all stubborn and mouthy.. I should but.. close the thread, please.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

It is not really that. It is just the fact that we once have themed clans and they didn't work out, all six of them. As a matter of fact I am part of a process of rebuilding a new clan myself, but for us we are not themed in any way.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    It is not really that. It is just the fact that we once have themed clans and they didn't work out, all six of them. As a matter of fact I am part of a process of rebuilding a new clan myself, but for us we are not themed in any way.
    Sneaky eh.

As I said before, I'm not entirely against new clans, so if you guys want it that badly, then so be it. After all, I am only just one person.

But if this does come to pass, no themes please. You guys can just as easily put a gfx section in the clan as a sub-forum of sorts.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I asked for the thread to be closed. Ky and I talked it out and the decision to make a new clan has been left behind. If a new clan is made later it will be when the others have a more stability than at present.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I think the reasons why these clan systems seem to be loosing interest is partly because of the fact that they aren't themed. And I guess that's why I personally lost interest.

Having said that, the themed clans didn't from before didn't exactly go to well either.

But, what's in the clans now, when I was in Cosa anyway, was just general discussions, games, a bit of roleplay etc etc, and that can be found in the general board. I guess we need something to seperate and make a reason why we need to join a clan.

I don't think there has been many competitions since the clans open (well since I was in costa).

Anyway, I was going to suggest that this clan focus on creativity or something, to make it more board, yet, still maintain some sort of uniqness..

but I don't know, I personally think the whole clan ideas need to be re-thought, not totally changed, but something needs to be changed to maintain interest and each clans uniqueness

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Since there's still discussion, then I won't close it.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Chris came up with this idea. A clan for Computer Graphics intelligent people.

Although I don't really remember what was the outcome of that thread. Anyhow, there are already three general clans, so why would one themed one be so bad? It's just to work in that area and share thoughts or whatnot.. so how could it be so bad?

There are loads of members on this site who'd join a clan as such.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast