She vows revenge; hey, she’ll be back
    But she won’t do it as they do!
    She’ll soak herself with classic thoughts
    And hit them with what IS true.
    For no one could dispute the fact
    That what is IS what is;
    What’s true could be painful, yet
    Truth’s “painful” can be bliss.
    Last edited by psychical; May 28, 2008 at 08:32 AM.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A Clash of Decades

I like the idea but I'm afraid that your heroine has a losing arguement... I'm young and educated, and I can see that.
    I dispute 'the facts' with my teachers
    and I have for about a year.
    I say that infinity is limited and zero is not real. To me these things make sense
    and the universe does too,
    but to them within their box it's nonsense
    like calling the world red not blue.

P.S. I'm obviously not trying to copy your style I just felt like chopping it up into the little bite sized thoughts that it came to me in so that you'll get the true picture and not the clouded mess which obeys the rules entirely.

I liked the poem but you honestly made a slight error in this.
    Although what is, is. It's impossible for humanity to grasp that which is because we are not the whole nor the accumulation of the laws of this universe. A result of them sure and capable to discover some of the truths maybe. However, we are not capable of fully understanding what IS because our very existence is biased.

... and join my rebellion against time.

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

So in effect, you're saying that everything's relative, so we can't know for sure what's true?

Otaku Caixa 2006 Champion Corvus may be famous one day Corvus may be famous one day Corvus's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm saying that people have too small a perspective to know ar even comprehend the truths upon which our existence is founded let alone accept them. It's possible that we have discovered one or two of the 'truths' but one thing is certain. The things which we accept as truths can not possiby apply to the whole universe. The universe itself is possibility. We accept death as the opposite of life but who are we to say that death isn't really just another form of life?

Simply put there's just too much out there. It's possible that there aren't actually any absolute truths at all. I mean we have so many exceptions to the laws of science on our planet so insteadof waisting all of our time trying to decide somthing outside of our comprehension, we should accept that we simply are. We exist, simply, that is the truth which applies to us, to live.

That's why your heroine has the losing arguement. Because my statement of thought here. Is the only way to accurately counter a philisophical question and have it be true. However simply the utterance of this answer in arguement is contradictory to its meaning which would therefore make you a hypocrite and a loser in the conflict. However, if you were to simply enjoy your life until someone asked you for that answer then, that's you living what you believe therefore making it relevant and impossible to lose said arguement.

However fighting fire with fire will only make the fire bigger and could possibly burn you.
    So in an existence where living is the ONLY truth the only right thing that you can do would be to live and to enjoy it. So, back to the professor abnd the student.
    The professor loves discussing his class topic and has become good at it, it's fair to say that he enjoys his life through doing that. The student on the other hand does not enjoy being wrong but rather having the right answer. In the case of the only true law, living life being the only right answer, she has it already and is looking over it. So, she can't possibly win the arguement becasue the moment she does so in the factual world she's lost too much of her life by the time she understands the principle to just live and in the end will become full of regret. (Yes, even if she prooves that prof. wrong)
    You know what though it's impossible for me to give you an answer. Instead, I'm going to go live my life =P
    Last edited by Corvus; May 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM.

Otaku ILikeApples5520 is off to a good start ILikeApples5520's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I'm saying that people have too small a perspective to know ar even comprehend the truths upon which our existence is founded let alone accept them. It's possible that we have discovered one or two of the 'truths' but one thing is certain. The things which we accept as truths can not possiby apply to the whole universe.
    Someone definitely watched the last episode of FMA.

Anyway, I thought it was a decent concept and a decent poem. But, I still can't help but agree with Corvus when it comes to your thought process behind the idea of this poem.

Thanks to _gwenibe_ for this awesome sig!

Thanks

I'm saying that people have too small a perspective to know ar even comprehend the truths upon which our existence is founded let alone accept them. It's possible that we have discovered one or two of the 'truths' but one thing is certain. The things which we accept as truths can not possiby apply to the whole universe. The universe itself is possibility. We accept death as the opposite of life but who are we to say that death isn't really just another form of life?

Simply put there's just too much out there. It's possible that there aren't actually any absolute truths at all. I mean we have so many exceptions to the laws of science on our planet so insteadof waisting all of our time trying to decide somthing outside of our comprehension, we should accept that we simply are. We exist, simply, that is the truth which applies to us, to live.

That's why your heroine has the losing arguement. Because my statement of thought here. Is the only way to accurately counter a philisophical question and have it be true. However simply the utterance of this answer in arguement is contradictory to its meaning which would therefore make you a hypocrite and a loser in the conflict. However, if you were to simply enjoy your life until someone asked you for that answer then, that's you living what you believe therefore making it relevant and impossible to lose said arguement.

However fighting fire with fire will only make the fire bigger and could possibly burn you.
    So in an existence where living is the ONLY truth the only right thing that you can do would be to live and to enjoy it. So, back to the professor abnd the student.
    The professor loves discussing his class topic and has become good at it, it's fair to say that he enjoys his life through doing that. The student on the other hand does not enjoy being wrong but rather having the right answer. In the case of the only true law, living life being the only right answer, she has it already and is looking over it. So, she can't possibly win the arguement becasue the moment she does so in the factual world she's lost too much of her life by the time she understands the principle to just live and in the end will become full of regret. (Yes, even if she prooves that prof. wrong)
    You know what though it's impossible for me to give you an answer. Instead, I'm going to go live my life =P
    ...And I respect your opinion, though that isn't exactly what I meant. Sadly, though, I don't think this is the right place to discuss serious ideas such as those you just pointed out. How about you and I get together for a friendly debate sometime?

Plus I don't think anime's the best place to learn philosophy, so there. But then again, if you see some philosophy here, it's no accident. I meant to tell a rhyming story first and foremost, though.

Thanks

Agreed (about the debate thinger) However, my philosphical side is resultant from far too much time thinking about life... (take form that what you will... yes, that means I'm a loser =P)

As for the poem itself, I really wish that some thoughts were condensed so that every line burned itself into my memory. This is a good poem true, but I'd like it to be an excellent poem; especially since this poem has an original idea.

P.S. What's FMA? (obviously an anime from the comment but what's it about?)

Thanks

Agreed (about the debate thinger) However, my philosphical side is resultant from far too much time thinking about life... (take form that what you will... yes, that means I'm a loser =P)

As for the poem itself, I really wish that some thoughts were condensed so that every line burned itself into my memory. This is a good poem true, but I'd like it to be an excellent poem; especially since this poem has an original idea.
    Next time. I'll have improved somewhat by then, I can assure you.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast