Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A Clash of Decades

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: A Clash of Decades

I don't understand the core idea of your poem, could you explain to me?

I don't need a whole lot of detail, but I just didn't get it :/ .

Where were you going with it? Lovely words, but I just don't see like a point..
    A plot? The first verse I understood [slightly], and the second just completely changed perspective.. It's a nice poem, wording and language is well-written, but organization?

I'm sorry, I just don't see.

Edit: Oh, I just realized this was an entry for may, which I don't know what the assigned topic was, so sorry! Thought it was for june. Either way, I'd love to hear from you!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

This poem could have easily won first place in terms of complexity and probably the work put in, but it became a runner up none the less.

I liked it a lot, but I guess its complexity was the strong point and the weakness of it. If too compexe it becomes hard to reach out to everyone and when too simple, some might think it feeble or not profound enough. I hope to see more entries like this one, but with something, I don't know what, that might attract the crowd for an easier understanding, yet not losing the essence of what you like to write about
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Jun 10, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Soldat that this poem easily dwarfs mine in terms of length, flow, storyline... everything of course except simplicity, which is somewhat of a crippling addiction in contemporary poets, myself included. I am glad that I won last months contest, but also saddened by the fact that I won against such quality as this.

I love the storyline, it really is very relevant to the current environment of the classroom and the difference in ideals and beliefs between old and new in general. I think any young intellectual who has butted heads with a person stuck on old doctrines of whatever subject, or who holds their own opinions and conclusions far above the heads of his/her peers or students would be able to relate to this beautifully told story of conflicting theory and debate.

Very well done! I hope to a see an entry from you in this months contest. On a side note I don't think the compexity and depth of your poem is a weakness at all, it is one of your strenghts and I urge you to keep writing this way despite any critiques that suggest you do otherwise. It's an ability that is becoming rarer and rarer among aspiring poets and is not to be discouraged! I don't have it, though I do pride myself in being able to present messages and ideas clearly and simply. We've all got our own ways of writing and I envy yours.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jun 09, 2008 at 11:24 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2