Closed Thread

Thread: Egotistical

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Egotistical

What being him,
    and what being said.
    What we need,
    is what greifs shead.

He thinks so high.
    of not but no other.
    Not his sister or son,
    nor father or mother.

Of only himself,
    cretin of distance.
    Locked away inside.
    All closed off,
    In his selfish mind.

For fear of being beaten,
    he'll disown all of blood.
    To him all in one word,
    you are nothing but crud.

Ethics of mind,
    mind of the man.
    Alone in his head,
    this man slowly stands.

For he is better than you,
    for so he thinks.
    Better you than him,
    mind on the brink.

He smiles all above,
    believe in what not.
    Thinking he is,
    just something he's not.

Selfish and proud,
    alone forever he will be.
    needed removal of this shroud
    sadly will never bee seen.

Ethics
    ================================================== =======
    1. (used with a singular or plural verb) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
    2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
    3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
    4. (usually used with a singular verb) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Egotistical

Hey, nice poem Starfire, but borrowing from the POTM Overview:

Do not submit poems that have been posted on AO already, whether in the general poetry forum or for other contests.
    So, :/ I don't think you can submit this poem in the contest seeing as how you have the exact same one posted in the general poetry section of AO.

However, since you submitted them both around the exact same time, maybe you did it as a "just in case" maneuver and didn't realize that having the poem in AO already will prevent it from being evaluated in the contest. So maybe you could take it up with one of the judges.

Good luck to you !

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    Hey, nice poem Starfire, but borrowing from the POTM Overview:

So, :/ I don't think you can submit this poem in the contest seeing as how you have the exact same one posted in the general poetry section of AO.

However, since you submitted them both around the exact same time, maybe you did it as a "just in case" maneuver and didn't realize that having the poem in AO already will prevent it from being evaluated in the contest. So maybe you could take it up with one of the judges.

Good luck to you !
    i sm to have posted this poem first there for the one in the poem secetion will be the deleted one and it contains different content as well .... so i think ill me fine... thanks i will try to win

Banned The White Wolf is off to a good start
    Thanks

They're the exact same poem, except this one has the definition of ethics. Yeh, deleting that one would be a good idea if you want to enter this one in the contest.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wolf View Post
    They're the exact same poem, except this one has the definition of ethics. Yeh, deleting that one would be a good idea if you want to enter this one in the contest.
    well i changed the one in the other section want to read it? and technically i deleted it xD so im good

Closed Thread