5. You may not vote on this poll
  • starfire1036 - Food

3 60.00%
  • Peach_follows - Kuru

2 40.00%
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: January POTM - FOOD [Tie]

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

re: January POTM - FOOD [Tie]

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    i admitted defeat when i saw that it was 1 to 2 and i voted for the other person so dont call me a "Freaking hypocrite" ur job is to monitor the forums not insult the users. u created a poll the poll ended. i accepted the results and id rather a tie than to win a contest because i am the only one to enter.
    1) you don't get to tell me what my job is on these forums, not that you even have a clue what my job even entails, and while calling the kettle "black" isn't against site rules pesudo-modding is.

2) if you do something hypocritical it isn't an insult to be called a hypocrite. The only offense, if offense occurred, would be in your flip-flop actions not in application of a label. And yes, saying "where is the winner" and then saying I am happy with no winner IS speaking a falseness one way or the other of which at least one of them you don't actually believe...last I check that is what hypocrisy is all about.

3) you already stated your opinion to which I said fine as long as the other contestant agreed, so until the then the poll stays open, unless you feel so "special" that the other contestant shouldn't matter.

4) don't respond, and yes I have the right to tell you that.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

This amuses me in an unfortunate way.

I will say... I don't write in this contest for victory. Especially not anymore. I write for the themes. And I do my best. I hope everything I produce is win worthy.

I could care less at this point who "wins" this particular months contest... To be quite honest... when Hammer (at my request) took the time to share his thoughts on my efforts... I felt victorious beyond bounds. And others also had tremendous input. I felt like the purpose of my piece had been fulfilled. That, to me, was victory enough.

I no longer associate winning POTM with a way to gauge my "superiority" in writing either. I used to, when it was taken a bit more seriously, and had more involved writers.

To be frank... I feel like POTM has become the beast and starfire show. Even without your participating in writing in the contest beast... You and starfire's opinions seem entirely too prominent and overshadowing. And, you two seem to often be on the same page of a book I'm not reading (apparently) There just isn't enough particpation.

Hammer... I must tell you, once again, I've appreciated your every effort to make POTM a worth while contest (again). It seems like it would be a moderately frustrating task at this point.

Win... Lose... Tie... eh.... I don't care.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Apr 17, 2010 at 06:15 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

!beast (Apr 18, 2010), PhoenixSara (Oct 27, 2011)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

and then closed

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3