3 50.00%
  • FLawEdmiNd

0 0%
  • LadyJuliaHale

1 16.67%
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: July POTM - Freedom [Winner = beast]

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: July POTM - Freedom [Voting]

*looks up.

Beast... you're last reply makes me feel like this contest has become less about poetry and more about victory...

I would say more... but I am discouraged and probably would just be wasting my breath.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Well I am happy to win this contest for a third time. My main goal was to defeat sazzy and I did so BOOYAH. I always said I did not need to cheat to beat the moderators and this is some good vindication.
    Why is defeating me such your goal?? If it has something to do with myself being a member of staff, then I suggest such a notion should not be brought into a fair contest. It is the members who vote. I, myself, have never voted while I compete in POTM and it is for that reason.

If this is a personal grudge or what ever you may call it, then please speak to me personally via PM. I do not want to see drama being brought to AO board's at all. It has happened in the past and I do not want a repeat.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sazzy For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Aug 13, 2009)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I am happy to win this contest for a third time. My main goal was to defeat sazzy and I did so BOOYAH. I always said I did not need to cheat to beat the moderators and this is some good vindication. I will stop competing in the contest, I told myself three victories and I am gone. This is also the first time I have competed head to head with Starife 1036. I have always had tremendous respect for her so that is awesome. Only six votes is bad though, it shows less participation. That is the same amount of people participating, which is very low and I am sad. I think becasue there has been a percieved illegitimacy in voting the contest has suffered. But good idea for those who declared their votes, keeps people in power from selecting winners.
    Maybe you didn't notice that all of the polls show who voted for who. Or does that just way too easily debunk your "mods pick the winners" theory for you to pick up on? If the mods wanted they could delete your posts as well as edit the poll. Not rock science.

Also to say that you have won "x" number and now you can quit like you have established your dominance is a joke. A majority of the serious writers aren't even on this site any more or didn't bother entering. That coupled with the fact there were only 6 votes on a site with 30K plus members; the only thing that shows is no one cares about reading the entries or voting in these contests but the same handful of people. A majority of which vote for the SAME person every time because OF THE PERSON and not because of THE QUALITY of their entries. This is really sad and why we had a panel of judges to read and cast votes on the actual content and not based on who wrote it.

I just feel sorry for the contestants, I wouldn't want to win because my friends voted for me and I most certainly wouldn't want to lose because someone else did that. Nor would I consider it a win if I only had a couple of votes.

I am also sorry for the legit contestants and voters who really care about the art but get shafted in the end.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks
    If people don't like being defeated they should not enter competitions. But yes my goal was to defeat Sazzy. Having done that I have decided to focus on the poetry forum instead. But a zero to three defeat of a moderator gets my blood flowing. Winning or losing did not matter at all to me. But remember Sazzy should also be mad at Peach Follows, Starfire1036 and LadyJulieHale. They shut her down as well, from a mathmatical perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    Maybe you didn't notice that all of the polls show who voted for who. Or does that just way too easily debunk your "mods pick the winners" theory for you to pick up on? If the mods wanted they could delete your posts as well as edit the poll. Not rock science.

Also to say that you have won "x" number and now you can quit like you have established your dominance is a joke. This is really sad and why we had a panel of judges to read and cast votes on the actual content and not based on who wrote it.

I just feel sorry for the contestants, I wouldn't want to win because my friends voted for me and I most certainly wouldn't want to lose because someone else did that. Nor would I consider it a win if I only had a couple of votes.
    I am also sorry for the legit contestants and voters who really care about the art but get shafted in the end.

For everyone reading these replies these are not teh only poetry contests I have been selected for. I have one numerous others. And consider myself to be a legitamite contestant.
    Last edited by Sazzy; Aug 13, 2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: double posting

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

My position on this forum has nothing to do with the fact that I myself did nothing but participate in POTM. It is Chiefy who is leading this and I stand by what ever he decides. People should not be influenced by voting for a member of staff and that is very clear no matter the contest. If you did not like the fact that your poem was removed then wouldn't that make you a sore loser who does not like the fact they did something wrong but rather focus their anger on someone who only won by chance.

Saying that just because I'm a moderator and veteran member of this forum is an unfair advantage is truly insulting to myself. I have done nothing to make you think that I have done anything unjust. Yet, however, you seem to take the matter's into a different perspective. To which I find inappropriate for the contest. Chiefy has mentioned many times that are rules to which he enforces and he has done so. I have never intervened with what Chiefy has done.

I do not hate the members in anyway for not voting. My only wish is that members have voted for the entry to which they seem to fit the criteria best. Their votes should not be swayed by entries that are made by friends or are members who are popular on this forum.

As I previously said, if you wish to talk more about why you apparently do not approve of anything I have to either PM me or leave me a message on my profile.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

For everyone reading these replies these are not teh only poetry contests I have been selected for. I have one numerous others. And consider myself to be a legitamite contestant.
    It is spelt, "the" & "legitimate" proper spelling always helps when entering contest or just posting in general FYI. Also no one ever said you weren't legit....except now you don't seem to be "2 legit to quit" (shameless MC Hammer plug) since your much too amazing and a mighty mod slayer cannot be troubled with entering the comps right?

However for some reason these threads always seem to get off topic so either start talking about the actual entries or I will start issuing infractions for off topic posts

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    A majority of which vote for the SAME person every time because OF THE PERSON and not because of THE QUALITY of their entries. This is really sad and why we had a panel of judges to read and cast votes on the actual content and not based on who wrote it.

Fine then, I just won't vote anymore!

lol j/k

However after reading the posts, I feel like I have to defend the reasons behind my vote.

I have voted for the same person each time, not because they are my friend but because they commonly have the best poem in my eyes. When I look at a poem I like it to be meaty, when I say meaty, I mean long meaningful sentences that rhyme. I like to see a wide variety of words, mixed in with a little drama. When you can tell that with every word written was with a firey passion, and you know they meant every word of what they felt. I think all of the poems are very well written, sometimes I feel as if they were writing for an entry instead of that little glimmer of a deeper meaning. So if you want my vote you would have to make a poem like that. However I'm really not sure if I will voting anymore.

Beast always has a meaning behind his poems and they are written well, which is the reason I voted for him. His poem had the most meaning, soldiers clinging on to a memories after tragic times. The very first poem I voted for him was about a father who had lost his precious daughter due to a drunk driver, then spent the rest of his time trying to prevent another drunk accident. Even when he was just some stranger to me, I still voted for his poem because thats truly how I felt. I hate the fact that people think I would just vote for someone just because I consider them my friend. I wouldn't hesitate to give my friend an infraction for breaking the rules, nor would I stick up for them if I thought they were in the wrong. So I totally would not vote for them over someone else who I thought had a better poem. I apologize if anyone thought that I would vote for my friend and ruin the integrity of the votes.

I started voting because I saw this section seemed to be suffering activity wise compared to the other sections, I thought maybe if I voted that I could help this section out a little. I'm just going to quit typing now, because I'm turning into a drama lama. ^_^
    Last edited by Zev; Aug 14, 2009 at 12:37 AM.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Zev For This Useful Post:

!beast (Aug 13, 2009)

Thanks

Re: July POTM - Freedom [Winner = beast]

No one is accusing/implying or referring to you doing anything wrong in your voting, so there is no need to justify yourself. My comments pointed out basic flaws in the public voting. As I discussed with beast when he/she asked me "how do I tell 20 friends to come and vote in the contest" it is NOT about getting people interested in the contest for voting. It is about getting them interested in the content and poetry. If you tell them to come and vote in the contest, they will vote for their friend. If you get them interested in the poetry, the section will grow and they will vote for the best poem.

Everyone has their own preferences, I love Edgar Allan Poe & Shakespeare. My fiancee, an English major, doesn't much care for either of them. However both of us would pick the best poem in our eyes and not just who we had a preference for, because we care about the art not the people. Unfortunately as I have already stated, that isn't the case in the public voting here on AO, most of the time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

Peach_follows (Aug 14, 2009)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast