0 0%
  • Sazzy

5 55.56%
  • EmoNightmareRose

1 11.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: June - POTM Politics [Winner = Sazzy]

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: June - POTM Politics [Voting]

I'm not sure how or why, but POTM seems to have attracted some new blood. That, to me, is the best part.
    Absolutly wonderful actually lol the more poets the more life in the forum

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: June - POTM Politics [Winner = Sazzy]

beast was disqualified for voting for him/herself. So that makes Sazzy the winner.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I still wonder if I had won if people didn't cheat.

but BOOYAH anyway :P
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazzy View Post
    I still wonder if I had won if people didn't cheat.

but BOOYAH anyway :P
    Well Sazzy that is a good question but I did not cheat. I am one member with one account who made one vote. Yes it was for my poem but think of nearly every democratic contest in america. Every one from mayor and judges up to the president is allowed to vote for themselves. And saying you are not allowed to vote for yourself is essentially saying that you have to vote for a certain group of people. Quit simply put it is not democratic. So the voting system still has flaws in that those who do not vote for the people the moderators want, Example me not voting for a moderator or the elite member are accused of cheating. By the way where is it written that you cannot vote for yourself.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you're crossing a line when you start implying that somehow the mods are trying to control who we vote for, by not allowing us to vote for ourselves. Or that member status does, or should have anything to do with this poetry contest. I don't see your logic there. Seems uncalled for.

With that said, I agree that you should be able to vote for your favorite poem (even if said poem happens to be your own). I think to vote for yourself is a bit distasteful. I likely wouldn't make a personal choice to do so myself. I usually find that I enjoyed reading the perspective of another more than my own (Im stuck with MY mind all day).
    But then again... what if I thought all the other entries were horrible? Should I be made to vote for something I don't think is the best? Or have to omit my vote because I think it should belong to me, rather than be given to a less quality poem (in my opinion)? Dunno.... doesn't sound quite fair to me.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jul 16, 2009 at 11:10 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    I think you're crossing a line when you start implying that somehow the mods are trying to control who we vote for.
    The mods are controlling who we vote for. Of course some level of control is needed. case in point the multiple account situation. That is controlling who we vote for but it is a level of control that is needed, but saying who we can or cannot vote for once does cross a line especially since they did not make that point. Now I really like your poems but you didnot compete this time. That is not my fault. Starfire1036 was banned so I could not vote for her. Saying you cannot vote for someone is controlling the voting. My opinion it is one man one vote. I don't see that as being unfair or unjust. And transparent rules. Cleary though the mods have favorites. PhoenixSara entry has been on the front page since october of '08. She in an EliteMember. And it is not that she is not a great poet but nobody has been worthy of the home page except an Elite Member.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I am rather insulted that as a member of staff you think we are controlling the votes. I would like to point out that the only time we stand in is when someone votes in a completely biased way.

Its not fair on other members to have someone vote for their own poem. It doesn't give other members a fair play. If everyone did that on all the voting polls on this forum. Then there wouldn't be any point in holding vote. If you think that is unfair that we are controlling your votes then would you prefer that we monitor all the votes and who ever votes for a friend, gets their vote denied? We can easily monitor profile messages and i have seen this style of voting done on another forum and I find it completely fair.

Voting should be about the quality of the poem not who the artist is who created the piece of work. This style of voting has done on Anime Online way before my time here and I'm glad it is in place.

Also Beast - If you wish to complain then i suggest you take this to an Admin. Before I do something highly out of character.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jul 16, 2009 at 07:53 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

To say that mods are controlling voting is completely true. You are exactly right. I made a contest, those who enter it and conform to the rules of the contest as well as the site are allowed the option of being voted for. Darn me straight to heck! WHY oh WHY am I so evil, why can't I just create a poll for all the members of the site and allow everyone to be voted for! Why do we need to limit voting with rules at all!? The agony.

If I wanted to control votes I would edit the poll and give a said person more votes then anyone else could amount in the time allotted and turn off the "who voted for who" to hide my tracks.

Seriously, you control the voting way more than the mods do.... by actually... voting! Look at who voted in the last poll....how many were mods? Now count how many weren't...yeah mods are really controlling it alright.

And not being able to vote for yourself in polls has been established in all site ran contests for years...but since the freaking contest can't be ran without every bloody little thing spelled out for you I will be very sure to put it in the next contest so there is no confusion. IF, at this point, I even decide to have another contest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4