+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May POTM - Sanity

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

May POTM - Sanity

THEME: san·i·ty n. 1. The quality or condition of being sane; soundness of mind. 2. Soundness of judgment or reason.

RULES:
    Obey all site rules
    Write the poem yourself
    Conform to the theme of the contest for the month
    Deadline is May 31st

VOTING: To add a NEW twist the only people who will be allowed to vote are those who enter the contest. Each contestant will pick at least 1 other (meaning a poem they did not write) poem that they feel is worthy of winning the contest, and submit the poem they are voting for AND a valid reason why it is worthy of winning.

Other changes to come in the future...

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: May POTM - Sanity

So when we vote, we'd then publicly post who we voted for and the reason we feel the poem(s) we chose were win worthy?

Just double checkin', I get easily confused.

I sure hope more people play, or its gonna feel like couples therapy. lol

Anyway.... Ridin' the crazy train till the wheels fall off.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

I get it. Ha ha its his way of getting us to read the other poems. Now if we enter do we HAVE to vote? Just curious. If I seem to post a reason that does not fit my vote it is because There are some forms of poetry that I do not understand. I am guessing that this means I shouldn't vote. I do not know the name of the style in which I write but, seemingly it is the only style I can confirm to myself as a poem. ANYWAYS, what are the specifications on why you chose to vote for that poem?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

I will create a thread with all of the entries, you read them and vote for as many as you would like...as long as you have a valid ( val·id adj. 1. Well grounded; just.) reason to go with your vote. The only thing you can't do is vote for yourself. Also you have to vote for at least one other entry otherwise I will throw your entry out.

@ Starfire, my favorite thing to do is when I don't understand the poem, I get to explore it, looking up the various meanings of the words, "phrases" trying to crack the "meaning" if you will. Some poems are less about the words and more about structure or style For example: Shape Poetry ~ The Poeteer: A Shape Poem (or 3 Shape Poems) While those are a bit obvious they can have hidden meaning and reasoning behind what they did.

As for my reasoning, a number of things, it is about time we all found the fun of others work and who better to be a judge than the contestants, can't say judging is unfair if you are the one casting the vote.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

This is a good idea, however what happens if there are only 2 entries, like last time?

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    This is a good idea, however what happens if there are only 2 entries, like last time?
    Such a negative Nancy. You should be more of a zelous Zev. What if there is 19 entries. Think positive. Peach follows sent the PMs out. There will be more than two.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    Or if there is only one like the time before that!? Deal with it when it happens, I say.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    Or if there is only one like the time before that!? Deal with it when it happens, I say.
    Chiefblackhammer is back and more enthusiastic than ever. Look at all the threads and views we have had now. They'll definitely be more people. And hey if there are only two Zev can enter and take one for the team and enter the contest. Hahaha kidding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast