+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May POTM - Sanity

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: May POTM - Sanity

I hope that there are more entries. It's not a very fulfilling feeling knowing that you have only won a contest because you were the only one who entered.

can you enter more than once? because ive got another great poem floating around in my head!
    Last edited by starfire1036; Apr 20, 2010 at 08:14 AM.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    can you enter more than once? because ive got another great poem floating around in my head!
    Tough and prolific. That describes you to a tee. I know that since chiefblackhammer took charge people have been allowed to submit as many as they want. You did that before when the contest was reinstated.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    Or if there is only one like the time before that!? Deal with it when it happens, I say.
    Oh, so if that happens then you enter, right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Such a negative Nancy. You should be more of a zelous Zev. What if there is 19 entries. Think positive. Peach follows sent the PMs out. There will be more than two.
    If you always plan for the worst, then you are always prepared to handle whatever comes your way.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post
    I dont think i have ever seen a poem written by Chief.

I have a suggestion for the suggestion box!

Can the winner, of this contest for may, pick the theme for the next contest? I mean, they pick a theme, include a definition of the theme, and if they want it a team effort or simply a solo entry.
    Last edited by starfire1036; Apr 20, 2010 at 10:45 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    I dont think i have ever seen a poem written by Chief.

I have a suggestion for the suggestion box!

Can the winner, of this contest for may, pick the theme for the next contest? I mean, they pick a theme, include a definition of the theme, and if they want it a team effort or simply a solo entry.
    Okay, that would be raising the stakes. This is shaping up to be the most interesting yet and there is only one entry so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zev View Post

If you always plan for the worst, then you are always prepared to handle whatever comes your way.
    We don't need you showcasing your higher level thinking skills devil woman. Just Kidding.

By the way starfire1036 Chiefblackhammer has put several poems up. The ones I like the best are "Autumn" and "Bottled Ship." Now Chief has done his share of bragging, but without getting into if work matches the hype let me say he is a hell of a writer regardless. Here is my favorite piece of his:

Autumn

Summer whispers goodbye
    While leaves fall from the sky

In their piles little angels’ play
    Squirrels their treasures store away

Gourds and pumpkins grow
    In mist of lighten bug’s glow

The sun fades from view
    And the air begins to cool

A gentle breezes blows
    As winter’s seeds are sowed

All the while painting a glorious sight
    The dawning of orange and reds so bright

The beauty of all the shades
    Slowly begins to fade

Like a boat that sails away
    The mystery of an autumn’s day.
    Last edited by beast; Apr 20, 2010 at 12:37 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beast For This Useful Post:

kingmustang (May 18, 2010)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

1) Multiple entries are fine, you just can't vote for yourself on either entry. You may still only submit 1 vote.

2) Yes the winner can pick the theme, I have no issues with that.

3) I could enter, it has been a while since I wrote so I may just do that. However I promise nothing, lol.

4) I claim knowledge of poetry, not ability. Meaning I never said I was a good poet or even a mediocre one I have only ever claimed to have spent a lot of time studying it.

Most of my submitted works are in this thread: Hammer's Poetry Corner Which I might add there has always been a link to in my sig area.

Thanks

4) I claim knowledge of poetry, not ability. Meaning I never said I was a good poet or even a mediocre one
    People who are good rarely have to claim to be so, but in my opinion and I am sure the opinion of others you are quite good. Who knows maybe a certain sombody like ZEV (hint, hint) can take the lead next time and let you have some fun.

Thanks

1) Multiple entries are fine, you just can't vote for yourself on either entry. You may still only submit 1 vote.
    When you say one vote does that mean that's the limit? because you had posted this earlier "you read them and vote for as many as you would like...as long as you have a valid ( val·id adj. 1. Well grounded; just.) reason to go with your vote." Is the one vote the minimum or the maximum? just wondering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast