+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 22

Thread: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

  1. #1
    Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Winston Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,887
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 84 Times in 68 Posts

    May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    Sorry so late with this but....


    Rules:
    1) ONLY CONTESTANTS CAN VOTE!
    2) Vote for the best, not your own.
    3) 1 vote per contestant.
    4) Post vote here and there must be a reason for your vote, not just "it was the best IMO"
    5) Any contestant not casting a vote will be DQed
    6) If there is a tie then the two(or more) who have tied will decide if they want me to cast a tie breaking vote or if they prefer the tie.

    Winner gets bragging rights and will pick the July POTM, there will not be a June POTM given my inability to get this done sooner, sorry.

    Entries:

    starfire1036 Entry # 1
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    Reference: san·i·ty n. 1. The quality or condition of being sane; soundness of mind. 2. Soundness of judgment or reason. (So the blonde in me knows what she is writing about!)

    What once was there
    seems lost forever.
    It hides behind
    a new endeavor. (Noun: a strenuous effort; attempt.)<this is here just because!

    It seems displaced,
    Locked behind a steel door.
    Forbidden to rise
    to the surface once more.

    Madness consumed it
    and locked it away.
    It took over this poor body
    and its plans are to stay.

    Pain and agony
    are all that is left behind
    because this man's sanity
    it has chosen to bind.

    It's darkened his doorway
    and taken away all choice available.
    It has cracked his soul in two
    and to suppress it he is unable.

    With every breath he takes
    someone takes their last.
    A paranoid freak
    followed by a soul-filled shadow that has been cast.

    He is utterly, undeniably insane
    and that is how he will stay.
    No one will ever discover
    what happened to take his sanity away.

    CBtay01 Entry # 1
    Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    yay so here goes^^
    Scared and alone I reached for you,
    I was afraid at what you could do,
    Begging and pleading, Sanity stay,
    You were going to throw it all away,

    You just couldn't here me,
    Couldn't see me,
    I was but a shadow,
    A lost soul you had given up,
    Thrown it away,
    Nothing I would do,
    Nothing I could say,

    I turned around and you left,
    I turned back and there you were,
    It was at that moment I realized,
    As the last of the sanity ran thru my fingers,

    We were one.

    A lost soul standing,
    Watching,
    Helplessly,
    As she tore thru life,
    Destroying all that was sacred,
    Bound to this world no more

    starfire1036 Entry # 2
    Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    You hold me down
    tight to the ground
    like an air balloon
    ready to float away.

    When you leave
    it is as if I am cut loose
    floating off
    away into space.

    You hold me back
    when someone deserves a punch in the face
    so when you wake up in the morning
    You wake up to my smiling face.

    You are the crutch
    I can lean upon
    when I am hurt
    or coming undone.

    You are the keystone
    in the arch of my heart
    that beats only for you
    and without you would fall apart

    You are my sanity
    you hold me to my place.
    You are in every way
    my saving grace.


    This poem is about my girlfriend.

    Peach_follows
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    April 27, 2010, 12:32 AM

    Maybe I should word this "poetic like".
    With dramatic breaks.
    And maybe I will force feed you a rhyme...
    ...until it aches.
    we're all a bunch of fakes.
    And this is just pathetic.
    JWH-018 feels just like pot,
    But it's synthetic.
    Ok. okay. Do you know what string theory is?
    It's a theory that at a sub-atomic level....
    beyond the protons and neutrons of a nucleus...
    there are little tiny strings of energy that make up all
    of
    everything.
    And we're just on a giant membrane that we cant escape from.
    And closer to us than the clothes on our skin...
    ..there's a parallel universe.
    Like slices in a loaf of bread.
    Screw rhyming. I'm hungry now.
    These thoughts.
    these thoughts.
    thoughts
    are completely unoriginal....
    stuff I watched on a documentary.
    thoughts are things

    April 27, 2010, 1:04 AM

    I just fell asleep with my wireless keyboard.

    April 27, 2010 1:27 AM

    I just got out the shower.
    I am naked and dripping, but I made this a priority.
    I never feel clean enough.
    I am chewing a wad of toilet paper... but its clean.
    I have pica. Google it.
    I am cold.
    I better find some pajamas.

    April 27, 2010. 2:19 AM

    Still wondering why equinn wrote a journal about not being able to take planes on boats.
    But, I didn't read it yet.
    Still chewing that toilet paper... I swallowed a little.
    But at least I have clothes on.
    Still, I contemplate joining a Masonic lodge.
    But I know this poem is too long.

    April 27, 2010, 9:51 AM

    That last line didn't make any sense.
    So, I decided I wasn't done.
    Now it REALLY doesn't make sense.
    So I figured I should edit it.
    But it can't be an invisible shade of gray
    So I guess I'll have to live with it.

    kingmustang
    Quote Originally Posted by kingmustang View Post
    A thought crosses through my mind
    Then vanishes like all lines so fine
    For a moment sanity shined
    But I can't seem to hold on to that delicate vine

    Why do I keep stumbling?
    Why! Oh why! is my mind crumbling?
    I am falling down to my knee's
    asking why?
    begging please!

    They come rushing towards me,
    knives in hand!
    I close my eyes and wait to die
    But the stinging blows never land
    was my mind just telling a lie?
    I open my eyes but no one's their
    All I see is sand

    Will no one come?
    Does no one care?
    Any one see anguish in my stair?

    If I jump do you think I could fly?
    Frantically I try,
    to piece together my crumbling mind!
    For a moment sanity shined.

    I must get back what I've lost
    I have to get a grip on reality
    or this will end in a fatality

    Looking down from where I stand
    down below all rocks and sand
    Maybe I should try
    perhaps I really can fly

    NO!

    I grasp tighter to that vine
    For only with that can I find
    My way back home where all is fine
    To the ones that care
    The ones I need
    The ones that through their love
    Me they have freed

    I am holding that delicate vine
    I fasten those thoughts tight in my mind
    Sanity is once again beginning to shine!
    PhoenixSara
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixSara View Post
    I feel light as a breeze while i see you smile.
    I doubt if anyone has been this way.
    I see her smile and try to flirt.
    The kogs in my head begin to doubt.

    I try to ignore, I try to run.
    I love you so much, It actually hurts a lot.
    All the ghosts of my past come haunting again.
    All my fears jumpstarted one final time.

    I feel you kiss my lips,
    To try and calm my mind.
    I see her look with hate in her eyes.
    My mind bends and i try to control,
    Has anyone ever felt this jealous before.

    My reason is hanging here by the thread.
    I brush off the thoughts,
    they just keep coming back to my head.
    They sashay, they dance, they slowly entice.

    Once again, my mind's all muddled.
    and reeling out of control.
    The way she acts is making me so messed up,
    could she be doing this on purpose,I want to ask.

    All these images and fears in my head.
    Making me loose all reason, all hope.
    I find myself feeling drugged;
    I find myself making plans.
    Doing what i avoid, finding out how to make her miserable.

    I laugh inside, As I see her hurt.
    My mind goes overtimes making plans to destroy.
    I just want him for myself,and not let anyone near.
    I fear I've lost this battle with emotions
    and my sanity now lost.

    CBtay01 Entry # 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    For you are my love,
    So I shall hold you close,
    I love you my dear,
    The most the most

    A treasure a pleasure,
    I'd go to any measure,
    Because, you loved me, then.

    The greatest time of my life,
    Happy and Laughing,
    We were in it together to the very end,

    End, as I hear that word I can't help but cry,
    Because now it is here,
    You are in my arms as you die,

    You speak my name and say it again,
    "I love you Babe forever till the end,"
    But I shake my head and say you are wrong,
    We are in this forever Together's how we belong

    Your eyes drift shut your going away
    I reached for your soul begging you to stay
    it was no use so I say "take me instead"
    But it was my Sanity you took,
    and like that we were dead..


  2. #2
    Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Michigan United States
    Posts
    1,499
    Thanks
    411
    Thanked 132 Times in 126 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    This is goin to be awesome. I am glad I can't vote. They are all so good.

  3. #3
    Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    375
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 47 Times in 45 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    I vote for peach because her's shows her own sanity. it shows how she deal late at night with out sleep. :P peach you're crazy

  4. #4
    Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Posts
    1,041
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 59 Times in 55 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    I go for Peach's work.. reflects honesty and saying this is me fully. i've always liked her approach for poems. it's a good one
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

  5. #5
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    I vote for PhoenixSara. I think her poem has such a sincere tone... almost a voice. I could hear it speak, as if someone who were really on a verge of a breakdown decided to sit and have an intimate conversation with me. Not to mention, I personally can relate to feeling jealousy.
    The poem made me feel as if I was right smack in the middle of someones therapy session... almost sounded similar to one of my own in the past... o.O (lol) The only thing I thought the piece could do without, were the last two lines... merely because they stated the obvious, and there was no need. Clearly, the prospective subject spoke volumes on its own.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jun 21, 2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I sould heat it speak? And no one was even gonna tell me.
    ... Not Ever Again...

  6. #6
    Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    I vote for Peach because no matter how many times I read it it just doesnt get old .. i love it. it seriously feels like they have no sanity or are at least major OCD

  7. #7
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    I vote for Peach because no matter how many times I read it it just doesnt get old .. i love it. it seriously feels like they have no sanity or are at least major OCD
    That... was my really real true self. dang. I dunno if I should laugh or cry cuz you all think i'm crazy. lol ... Dunno much about OCD.... but I live in a very filthy pig sty. I thought OCD peeps was clean. o.O
    ... Not Ever Again...

  8. #8
    Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    Re: May POTM - Sanity [VOTING]

    Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    That... was my really real true self. dang. I dunno if I should laugh or cry cuz you all think i'm crazy. lol ... Dunno much about OCD.... but I live in a very filthy pig sty. I thought OCD peeps was clean. o.O
    aww im sorry no i ment like i love it because it pays attention to details you wouldnt well i wouldnt normally pay attention too =/ im sorry if i offended u tho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. May POTM - Sanity
    By Chiefblackhammer in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jun 02, 2010, 08:08 PM
  2. (May POTM Entry #2) My Sanity
    By starfire1036 in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2010, 01:08 PM
  3. (May POTM Entry) With Out Sanity.
    By starfire1036 in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2010, 03:32 PM
  4. August POTM Voting- Nightmares
    By Zev in forum POTM (Poem of the Month)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Sep 20, 2009, 10:48 AM
  5. Farewell to Sanity
    By BrightShadow_96 in forum Poems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 11, 2006, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts