2 20.00%
  • PhoenixSara

1 10.00%
  • HolderOfTheDarkChalice

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: May Voting - Agony [Winner = beast]

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: May Voting - Agony

I made no such rule for the competition
    Why not?

Oh my gosh that is so sad Peach_Follows. I feel for you. but don't let it drag you down. Some thing of the sort happened to me too. It was with my cousin. But I learned to get past it and you will too so be strong!
    Oh nonononononono...... This is fictional. Not that weird stuff like that doesn't happen all the time. But... it didn't happen to me. And I was in no way trying to make light of any similar circumstances. My heart goes out to you and anyone else who has experienced anything comparable to what was described here. I've been through my share of gross things a child should never experience.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jun 02, 2009 at 05:33 PM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

so are all contests from now on allowed 2 poems per peson?
    i dont get that
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez what is the big deal, so someone felt inspired enough to write 2 poems. It isn't like we have a thousand entries and since the voting is public it isn't like everyone is going to get burnt out reading them. Should I post a poll and let the people decide if multiple entries should be allowed?

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

not really i was just asking is all becuase its a first
    for the contest im not complaining at all
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HolderOfTheDarkChalice For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 11, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefblackhammer View Post
    Geez what is the big deal, so someone felt inspired enough to write 2 poems. It isn't like we have a thousand entries and since the voting is public it isn't like everyone is going to get burnt out reading them. Should I post a poll and let the people decide if multiple entries should be allowed?
    I couldn't agree more chiefblackhammer. Before the moderators were "judging" and may have just as well been judging the poet as much as the poems. Here you can have several entries but a member can only vote for one poem. So someone with several entries has no advantage whatsoever over someone with just one. Feedback is also a great way to guage how people resond and feel about a poem. If you write multiple poems about the same subject it is natural to want to know which poem people find more readable or relate to more. Aside from that these poems are exquisit gifts of the author, I am glad to read as many as they can write.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

I have read this. All these posts of which some have a disagreement on me posting two posts in the poem of the month forum. I did not intend for it to be entered in a poll and I don't understand why it is such a travesty. The majority of the votes must be on one poem. the votes on both of my entries won't be added together. So, this I see should not be such a big deal.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to starfire1036 For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 03, 2009)

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

I just think (obviously) it is confusing. Chief took up a contest that already existed.... and changed how it operated. Initially, if a member submitted more than one entry... Only the first would be considered for judging. I am about 1,000 % sure that people intending on voting for one of starfire's poems... voted for the other accidentally. and now that there is attention drawn to the fact that multiple entries are allowed... the months following are going to be far more... interesting I bet. I guess that's a plus?

Now I know Chief had little of a choice as far as doing things diffrently... seeing as how the previous operation of POTM wasn't working out so much. But I still think CLEAR rules should be established. That's just my opinion.

I think allowing multiple entries is asking for a mess ... is there a limit? This has potential to get real sloppy.
    Last edited by Peach_follows; Jun 03, 2009 at 07:12 AM.
    ... Not Ever Again...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Peach_follows For This Useful Post:

!beast (Jun 11, 2009)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny I was pretty sure I gave the rules...I know I gave a deadline and....and a theme...I even stated no cheating allow in the voting. Hmmm... maybe I should throw in that the poem has to be written by the poster and it has to follow the site rules but I thought those were given as a known fact for all contests on AO. Either way until someone gives a new rule with a good reason why it should be added...I am going to leave it to those very basic easy to follow ones!

Also, I will say this again...clearer for those who do not understand, cheating = banned. Don't do it. I will ban you and I will tell everyone what you did. I banned one person today for this and will do it again in a heart beat, k?

P.S. Hammer not very happy with POTM right now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefblackhammer For This Useful Post:

!aceman67 (Jun 12, 2009)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast