Thread: Tweaked the 'Emerald Armour' Set

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Tweaked the 'Emerald Armour' Set

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Its still too hard to hit those higher level monsters, so I just tweaked the settings for the 'Emerald' Armour and Weapon set, (the first 'Magical' set!)...
    For those who have the full set, let me know if its any easier to hit monster now...

Edit: Oops... it appears there this tiny little issue of changing the modifications of a item while its still being used by a character... If your using any 'Emerald' equipment and 50000 gils for your trouble, and run into some problems when removing it, post in this thread and tell me what you want done, I can either delete the forum profile (so you can restart a new character at level 1 ) and I'll push you a free set of 'Emerald' equipment, or remove ALL of your equipment so I can set your stats back to level 1 plus enough attribute points equal to the normal accumulation for your level (which you'll need to reallocate) so you can keep your spell, weapon, and pet experience...

(But After all, THIS IS a BETA TEST, so its natural to expect some problems to crop up!!!)
    Last edited by LenMiyata; Apr 28, 2007 at 05:06 PM.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku fled79 may be famous one day fled79 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Tweaked the 'Emerald Armour' Set

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Its still too hard to hit those higher level monsters, so I just tweaked the settings for the 'Emerald' Armour and Weapon set, (the first 'Magical' set!)...
    For those who have the full set, let me know if its any easier to hit monster now...

Edit: Oops... it appears there this tiny little issue of changing the modifications of a item while its still being used by a character... If your using any 'Emerald' equipment and 50000 gils for your trouble, and run into some problems when removing it, post in this thread and tell me what you want done, I can either delete the forum profile (so you can restart a new character at level 1 ) and I'll push you a free set of 'Emerald' equipment, or remove ALL of your equipment so I can set your stats back to level 1 plus enough attribute points equal to the normal accumulation for your level (which you'll need to reallocate) so you can keep your spell, weapon, and pet experience...

(But After all, THIS IS a BETA TEST, so its natural to expect some problems to crop up!!!)
    Sorry about not posting here in awhile, been working a lot unfortunately. I did notice a big change in the hit ratio from the new armor tweaks. I think it was due to the nice dex bonus given. I did also notice that the emerald longsword has 2 SPD bonuses, was that intended? It makes it incredibly fast, even faster then 2 shortswords equiped. Not that I'm complaining^^ The one thing I have noticed in reference to the damage is that it still varies way too much, I can hit a monster for 274, then hit it for 28 with the same sword. The pet does hit harder now but still has a hard time doing any real damage to monsters, I still often hit for (0) damage with my pet against a lot of mobs. I wanted to point out that unless you are making a "mage" type of character the fact that your pet can't learn "Ice ball" and a few other spels makes it a bit hard to have you pet as a support character. If you create a "warrior" type you can hit in that 274 range, with the chance of doing 28 damage at any time, but don't have enough mana to cast more than 2-3 lvl 5 spells and you can't rely on your pet to help because he often does that hit for (0) points stuff. I like the new mob placement but I still hate that damn level 15 yeti! Personally I dont think he should be equiped with an elixir when you can fight yetix2, dopplex2 and voodoox2 all in the same session. It makes for very long battles that get tiresome and annoying because both Dopple's carry elixirx2, the yeti has 1 elixir and the Dopples can heal all mob party members. I haven't tried the improved greater Yeti yet..but I'm still lvl 13 now so I'm sure he'd wtfpwn me. I like the changes but think if the areas I've discussed could be looked at it would make the game more enjoyable for players.

Newbie raul21 is off to a good start
    Thanks

"Ice ball" and a few other spels makes it a bit hard to have you pet as a support character. If you create a "warrior" type you can hit in that 274 range, with the chance of doing 28 damage at any time, but don't have enough mana to cast more than 2-3 lvl 5 spells and you can't rely on your pet to help because he often does that hit for (0) points stuff. I like the new mob placement but I still hate that damn level 15 yeti! Personally I dont think he should be equiped with an elixir when you can fight yetix2, dopplex2 and voodoox2 all in the same session.

Thanks

hose higher level monsters, so I just tweaked the settings for the 'Emerald' Armour and Weapon set, (the first 'Magical' set!)...

Edit: Oops... it appears there this tiny little issue of changing the modifications of a item while its still being used by a character... If your using any 'Emerald' equipment and 50000 gils for your trouble, and run into some problems when removing it, post in this thread and tell me what you want do

Thanks

I like the new mob placement but I still hate that damn level 15 yeti! Personally I dont think he should be equiped with an elixir when you can fight yetix2, dopplex2 and voodoox2 all in the same session. It makes for very long battles that get tiresome and annoying because both Dopple's carry elixirx2, the yeti has 1 elixir and the Dopples can heal all mob party members. I haven't tried the improved greater Yeti yet..but I'm still lvl 13 now so I'm sure he'd wtfpwn me. I like the changes but think if the areas I've discussed could be looked at it would make the game more enjoyable for players.