+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Learning Curve

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

The Learning Curve

Hey all you peoples, anyone here interested in learning more about graphic design involving Photoshop and possibly other programs, such as Cinema 4D? Well you're in the right place.

Many here in the Cosa are familiar or semi-familiar with Photoshop as I've come to see, and many are interested in learning. We can all teach each other, I'm sure one of you guys know some trick I don't.

Now, how this works is simple; just ask a question, post a little tip or drop some insider info, make a quick tutorial or step by step post and put it up. What ever thing like that you can think of basically, one other thing. Let's start with basic stuff so everyone willing to learn can catch up, then we can all move on as a group to the harder things.

Allrighty then, let's start. Ask away people, post away..
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Learning Curve

You know.....I've always wanted to know how to fade userbars into a new picture.
    I never knew how to do that.
    So if anyone is willing to teach I'm willing to learn.
    Like this one.....not mine at all
    Ex:

But since a lot of people make them like this I wanted to also.
    Last edited by Pyro Psycho; Jul 10, 2007 at 03:50 AM.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

I am curious as to how to make AMV's. It's been like a dream when I started in graphics.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know how to get more than one image in the animation bar, but I can tell you how to make the fading effect.

Open a .psd in ImageReady and go to windows>animation to open the animation bar if it isn't already.

Select you layer, now this is the only thing that'll appear in the animation bar.

Near the bottom of the animation bar there are many clickable things, click on the 'duplicate current frame' box.

On the duplicated frame, lower the opacity as much as you want. Do this many times, making new frames and lowering the opacity each time.

If you wish to change the speed of the fade, there is a small bar beneath each frame that should say 0.00 as default, click on that and a speed menu shows up. Change all the frames to that speed and you're done.

Here are a few examples of the fading effect

I'm going to keep trying to get more than one image into the animation, but there's that if you didn't know already.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

This is how you make animated signatures too? I've been trying to do that too.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: The Learning Curve

Quote Originally Posted by FLawEdmiNd View Post
    I don't know how to get more than one image in the animation bar, but I can tell you how to make the fading effect.

Open a .psd in ImageReady and go to windows>animation to open the animation bar if it isn't already.

Select you layer, now this is the only thing that'll appear in the animation bar.

Near the bottom of the animation bar there are many clickable things, click on the 'duplicate current frame' box.

On the duplicated frame, lower the opacity as much as you want. Do this many times, making new frames and lowering the opacity each time.

If you wish to change the speed of the fade, there is a small bar beneath each frame that should say 0.00 as default, click on that and a speed menu shows up. Change all the frames to that speed and you're done.

Here are a few examples of the fading effect

I'm going to keep trying to get more than one image into the animation, but there's that if you didn't know already.
    Oh that's hot!
    I'll post up my results on this one later...
    Thank you so much Flaw ^^;;

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Thanks

Two quick ways to add a nice bit of depth or simply to sharpen your image...

1: Creat a new layer and apply the image; add a black and white gradient map. Leave it at 100% and set it to Luminosity.

2:Make a new layer and apply the image. Go to filter>other>high pass; leaving the variable at 10 and putting it on Soft Light at 100% looks clear and sharp, but you can always raise or lower the variable to suit ot needs.

Clipping masks

This is what a clipping mask looks like, it's just a little portion of the image in a closed off area.

The clipping mask is the rest of her face coming in by the top of the sig.

So, take out the rectangular marquee tool and make a box spanning the height of your sig, make sure it's not too wide.

Keep the selection open, apply the image. Now you have your image in the box, press ctrl-D to deselect. Hide this layer.

Make a new layer and aplpy the image. Press ctrl-alt-G to make your clipping mask. Now unhide the box layer but stay on the layer you just made. Move it around and you should see your clipping mask.

This also works with text and other things.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

I can provide a learning curve for all of you when it comes to making a AMV i will post it shortly.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast