+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Learning Curve

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Learning Curve

Well......it's not much but here is my try at an animated userbar.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

How to make a AMV

When it comes to making a amv. it can take a matter of hours, days, even weeks. depending on your dedication of course. true it is hard work but it pays off in the end. that is if you have created a masterpiece of anime and game nostalgia.

1.) Choosing a music title

What you want to do is choose a music that tells a story in a sense or something that has a certain theme to it. For example >>>>YouTube - Kingdom Hearts -Attack- V.2. If you watch closly the lyrics and the clips you will notice alot of similarities. this song tells a story. about how it ending for freinds and loosing control amoung many other emotions. STICK TO A THEME. idk how much i have to stress this fact. nothing is worse than clips that dont fit the theme or mood. if the song is in a slow part please do not put in face pace action. and when it speeds up action is always welcome. However. it would help to know the song by memory when your making the amv. that way when you know the lyrics you can search for clips and know what your looking for. like the amv i showed as a example. when it says " i would have kept you forever" Sora is hugging kairi and in the next scene it says " But we had to sever" It shows Kairi and sora's hands loosing each other. See stick to the mood and match the lryics. you dont always have to match the lyrics but its great if you can.

2.) Themes =P

In all honesty i like to see AMV's that have a honest theme to them. and what i mean is" does the song stay with a flow" for example do you use random clips and then paste them to music thats just a no no and u will get mean comments. =P if the song is Somber it would be nice to see a sad setting as opposed to....other clips

3.) Clips =D

Ahh the very main peice of the AMV the clips themselves. well it woulldnt hurt to have Subtitles but if your gonna have them follow these regulations( Hopfully not in english) or Fit the theme. meaning the words say somethin that go with the overall theme of the amv( I CANT STRESS THEMES ANYMORE!!! AUGH =0) next about clips is what to use. well i suggest using high quality sources. and what i mean by that is. ..........old anime isnt high quality. like Dbz ive seen some good ones but since its a old anime the quality is deff not that high. you can dl high quality clips but ya gotta look for em. When it comes to making AMV's out of games well.....Only a few games can fit that. I.E. KINGDOM HEARTS series. That game is a rpg that has many emotions in it. not every game will make a good amv. sorry but its the truty.

4.) Time/Editing

In all honesty time is def a factor. i mean if your amv took you like 3 hours maybe 2 then....it wasnt very wel put together. because that means. you spent a hour at least lookin for clips then got a music source and tossed some clips there then added a few effects. That doenst equal a good amv sorry but it just doesnt. Editing a amv is what makes it so good. But it can be very frustrating and hard. espeically if you finish the amv and forget somthin at the beggingn that can throw everything off!!!. Cutting clips is not easy work but if you go about it the right way its actually very easy. (just stick to the theme) Once agin i use my attack vid as a example as you can see i editied just about every clip in there. even the eding has editing inside it. OOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOO And by the way LONG CLIPS ARE A NO NO. i have a amv with long clips and ya its one of my best but im gonna re-do it and have differnet well smaller clips inside. ( YouTube - Kingdom Hearts-Anthem Of Our Dying Day )

5.) What programs to use.??? O.o O.O =O D:

Ha well if you want my opining ( THE MOST EXPENSEIVE PIECE OF EDITING SOFTWARE YOU CAN GET UR GRUBBY LIL HANDS ON) ha but no seriously. if you have a windows system then you have WMM ( Windows Movie Maker) its not a bad program but it has MANY MANY FLAWS it shuts down on you. messes up songs. wont flow. knocks your clips and music out of sync but overall its not bad. its simple easy to use and understandable. However im gonna get some new software and il update you on whats good to use.

6.) WHERE DO I GET CLIPS =D RAOR!!

Well il tell ya this ......ahem( Anywhere...literally) If you want kingdom hearts clips then i can help you KH-Vids.Net - Your Ultimate Source for Kingdom Hearts Videos Thats where i get mine. if you want naruto go to naruto central thats all i know because all my amv's are kingdom hearts based and i have one naruto vid.

WELL EVERYONE THATS THE END OF MY HOW TO EAT CHINESE FOO.....oo wait i mean =D
    THATS THE END OF " How to make a amv" Rep is appreciated for this toook me a while to get my thoughts together. Thanks to flawed for givin me the idea to make a amv tutorial i may be posting this at othre sites so dont worry everyone will be ENLIGHTED by my wonder ha ha. well Have fun and great AMV making if your a begginger show me your amv and il tell u wha tneeds to be done or changed or even added. CYA!!!! =D
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Brush Color Tut (Photoshop)

Tut by me ^^ Learn a bunch.

Oh.. and where is the movie maker thing located? Can't seem to find it and I don't have to 'run' thing available to me (T_T). Good walk through ^^ now if I could find out how to get the damn program running..

Pyro, how'd you get more than one image into the animation bar? Nice job by the way.

EDIT: If you do the tut, post what ya made! Please, I'd really like to know.
    Last edited by FLawEdmiNd; Jul 14, 2007 at 04:31 AM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

It did a lot of thinking I tell you that ;-;
    But what I did was fade out the white and while fading out I make the layer under the picture transparent so it goes to the other one......I'm so confusing but I can make a tut if you want me too

.......it's my birthday today :3

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

O if you cant find it directly go to
    Programs>>Enterainment>>Movimaker or it might be under accesories
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'll try the movie thing later Naruto, thanks.

Happy birthday Pyro! Too bad I can't give you birthday beats...

Double posting fun!

The Vector Tut (Photoshop)

Another tut..
    Last edited by Ky-lyrra; Aug 08, 2007 at 07:04 AM.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2