+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cardboard Cut Outs

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Cardboard Cut Outs

Ok why do the characters in storm hawks look like cardboard cut outs?????? I mean come on CARDBOARD CUT OUTS!!??!!?? Does anyone know why????
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jun 22, 2007 at 08:26 AM. Reason: spelling

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cardboard Cut Outs

Now that you mention it, you are kind of right. I did notice all their chins look the same. Unless they were trying to go for that sharp look rather than round plump figures.

The characters in Storm Hawks are teenagers, so perhaps the image is that teenagers are underfed?? Who knows...

Banned Pyramid Gold Champion, Triathlon Champion, Panik: Pogomania Champion Little negi sensei is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Ball View Post
    Now that you mention it, you are kind of right. I did notice all their chins look the same. Unless they were trying to go for that sharp look rather than round plump figures.

The characters in Storm Hawks are teenagers, so perhaps the image is that teenagers are underfed?? Who knows...
    I think that they got so bussie with usless details that they had to hurry with the chacters and the best they could do is cardbord cut outs.but i could be wrong.but i dont think that they made them like that cause it would be kind hard to move cardbord cut outs......even in animation.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Hey, cardboard cutouts can work rather well. I mean, how long has South Park been running? When that started, it was literally just paper cut outs, using good old fashioned animation methods.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Hey, cardboard cutouts can work rather well. I mean, how long has South Park been running? When that started, it was literally just paper cut outs, using good old fashioned animation methods.

Yeah but south park is so funnie no one pays attention to the drawings.but with a diffrent type of show the drawings need to be better to stand up to the better graphics of to days shows.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Yeah, I guess. I was just stating a fact. I guess time will tell all in the end.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really know but I ask my sister that and both her and my reply was maybe they don't have that much money. And maybe they do now but they don't want to change the animation style too quickly. I don't know! I really don't know!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

i honestly think its a nice touch. sure the animation may be lacking, as they normally hold still while only their mouths move, but i can't complain. i normally just find enjoyment in anything im watching, or at least try to.
    Why hello there!

+ Reply to Thread