Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2,000 Scans! Come on you p*****s!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: 2,000 Scans! Come on you p*****s!

^_^ i suppose i could start putting up scans since i have a few art books, but they'd be nothing compared to Ms. Tsu~!

now it's just a matter of bringing my crappy all-in-one printer to Soshi's house... and just so you know, all the damn thing can do is scan now... i don't know why it gave up on printing... maybe cuz i left it on the floor? who knows~!

^_^ and yes, the Tsu rocks all things pixelated~!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

See how freaking interesting this is?
    Gallcomp probably has it figured out. Though 'pussies' is hardly a term which would need censoring.

And Lasura, the real reason I said that because this is not really a discussable topic. Tsurara has challenged the gallery users, she needs not words but DEEDS. Everyone with scans should start uploading pronto.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I'll insult all of your mothers personally if it will get you to upload something!
    My mother is dead: *guilt guilt guilt guilt*

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    See how freaking interesting this is?
    Gallcomp probably has it figured out. Though 'pussies' is hardly a term which would need censoring.

And Lasura, the real reason I said that because this is not really a discussable topic. Tsurara has challenged the gallery users, she needs not words but DEEDS. Everyone with scans should start uploading pronto.
    You mods, and your moddish ways. I'm sure the tune would be different had I started a thread with the words pussies and penises flowing throughout. Although it depends on which mod were to read it first. I have been infracted for less...in fact I have been infracted for giving someone the answer to their non-subjective question, just because i had to add in random text for the 50 character minimum, which by the way was labeled spam by a mod and was not an unsolicited email.

Just so you know, I'm saying all of this in good humor and with a smile on my face because, after all, isn't it amusing. I also agree that those words shouldn't need censoring, although not all would agree with us there. It depends on context/intent.

To get back on target, 2000 scans are amazing, but not everyone has the time, even in a year, to complete with that number. That's nearly 5.5 scans a day, unless you go on crazy scanning sprees. I guess I can't really comment on the scanning, as I have 0, but some do other things a value such as extraction (or rendering, as its called on this forum)

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Whoa...2000!? Didnt think that you've put up THAT much...anyways, thanks for sharing all the scans with us, the members of AO.

....but I must say, you cant really expect too many people to go such lengths or put in that much devotion. First you gotta consider how many ppl actually give a damn about AO's gallery. (Dont get me wrong, I love the gallery). Two, how many people own or have access to a scanner!? I for one recently bought one but...here's the third additional problem, the availability of sources for the scans. I for one have a fairly hard time obtaining even the big titles of anime let alone artbooks, etc. I'm EXTREMELY lucky that theres ONE store in the whole state that carries the JP NewType Magazines. (I dont like to shop online unless I REALLY, REALLY want something and that I can afford it...than I have to hope the damn postal services dont lose my stuff). I mean, YOU'RE in JAPAN!! You have access to stuff that some of us dont even dare to dream of!! To add you get it the moment its "out", us here in the US, etc. must wait (unless we make enough money to buy stuff online...in which case I dont. T^T)

..still, your efforts are MUCH appreciated (atleast I think so...^^; )
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post
    You mods, and your moddish ways. I'm sure the tune would be different had I started a thread with the words pussies and penises flowing throughout. Although it depends on which mod were to read it first. I have been infracted for less...in fact I have been infracted for giving someone the answer to their non-subjective question, just because i had to add in random text for the 50 character minimum, which by the way was labeled spam by a mod and was not an unsolicited email.
    If it were me, you would have been infracted for trying to evade the 50 character limit. But not for the words.
    Guess you just had bad luck.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I mean, YOU'RE in JAPAN!!
    1) that doesn't mean I'm rich enough to buy all of that material
    2) they sell scanners in America (rather cheap ones too... you can get a low-end flatbed for under $50 last I checked)
    3) Why does it have to be Japanese stuff? They don't have DVD covers, comic books, artbooks and cds in America? I lived in the butthole of the universe and they still carried anime DVDs at the semi-local Best Buy.
    4) Who says it needs to be art scans? There haven't been any wallpapers in the longest time either... maybe 3 or 4 people submit renders... go out and take some photos... draw something O_o;
    5) The point is, I'm dumping a lot of time, money and effort into this quagmire: if you want to thank me -- help me. Because it sucks to have everyone taking and then walking away saying "oh well, it's cool 'cause she lives in Japan." ^_^; Just LIVING here doesn't mean that stuff is free, that my time is worth any less than all of yours or that they gave me a free scanner when I got off the plane...

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

1) that doesn't mean I'm rich enough to buy all of that material
    ...point taken, sorry. ^^;
    2) they sell scanners in America (rather cheap ones too... you can get a low-end flatbed for under $50 last I checked)
    True, I got mine on sale for $40...not great but it gets by
    3) Why does it have to be Japanese stuff? They don't have DVD covers, comic books, artbooks and cds in America? I lived in the butthole of the universe and they still carried anime DVDs at the semi-local Best Buy.
    OK, you got me there...
    4) Who says it needs to be art scans? There haven't been any wallpapers in the longest time either... maybe 3 or 4 people submit renders... go out and take some photos... draw something O_o;
    Well, true. ^^; I guess I'm not one to talk. I only submited wallpapers for WOTF and now its over so...but I render. Sure, not the best quality but I try. Fanart is rare from me too I have to say.
    5) The point is, I'm dumping a lot of time, money and effort into this quagmire: if you want to thank me -- help me. Because it sucks to have everyone taking and then walking away saying "oh well, it's cool 'cause she lives in Japan." ^_^; Just LIVING here doesn't mean that stuff is free, that my time is worth any less than all of yours or that they gave me a free scanner when I got off the plane...
    Again, you got me...better to take action than to "talk". ^^;
    ~
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Otaku katsoyori33 is off to a good start katsoyori33's Avatar
    Thanks

i already posted some art in the line art and fanart okay,pervy sage?(hahahahahahahahaha)

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast