+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ah... Novelist request.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah... Novelist request.

I have descided that I want to write another book but I just can't seem to get the layout or page format down corrrectly. I need someone to make up a little chart for me to go by when I am writing. A list of special rules apply to writing a novel and I would really like a summary of them...

Thanks, Starfire

Newbie midnight mistress is off to a good start midnight mistress's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ah... Novelist request.

1. Front page - basic name and title some where i the middle
    2. Header - Title
    3. Footer - page number (exempt from first page)
    4. Beginning of chapter, number of chapter and then title ( if necessary) e.g. Chapter one - The forest
    5. End of a new chapter means new page, if possible a little pattern to be repeated throughout

theres are some i follow

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight mistress View Post
    1. Front page - basic name and title some where i the middle
    2. Header - Title
    3. Footer - page number (exempt from first page)
    4. Beginning of chapter, number of chapter and then title ( if necessary) e.g. Chapter one - The forest
    5. End of a new chapter means new page, if possible a little pattern to be repeated throughout

theres are some i follow
    ah.. lol i mean page format
    when someone talks and what not

Thanks

Oh, silly me

well i always use a new line for speakers and indent them

Thanks

Oh, silly me

well i always use a new line for speakers and indent them
    would you like to give me an example?

i would reaally like that

Thanks

Ok heres an example from mine

“Do you think it wise to listen to the sister of your enemy, let alone a dream she had.” His friend was confused as Kaleb never listened to gossip or the like, just cold hard facts which he had seen or known to be true.

“I thought about it all night, and why would she try to save me?” he said authoritatively.

“She could be trying to use her charms to gain your trust then deceive you.” Kaleb knew this to be true, but he had not seen the look in her eyes. It was how a deer looks right before they know they’re going to die, a look that scared him, but still it was a weary plan.

“I plan to send a scout, not far off the position of the meeting, and only I know the specifics, if any of it is off then I’ll know. Besides what’s the harm of sending a decoy to a meeting where no one sees your face” So saying he retreated to his study and slammed the door behind him. Everyone knew to leave him alone if he did this, so no one disturbed him until dinner time.

A new line for each new speaker but if one speaker continues talking after some description etc no new line

Thanks

Ok heres an example from mine

“Do you think it wise to listen to the sister of your enemy, let alone a dream she had.” His friend was confused as Kaleb never listened to gossip or the like, just cold hard facts which he had seen or known to be true.

“I thought about it all night, and why would she try to save me?” he said authoritatively.

“She could be trying to use her charms to gain your trust then deceive you.” Kaleb knew this to be true, but he had not seen the look in her eyes. It was how a deer looks right before they know they’re going to die, a look that scared him, but still it was a weary plan.

“I plan to send a scout, not far off the position of the meeting, and only I know the specifics, if any of it is off then I’ll know. Besides what’s the harm of sending a decoy to a meeting where no one sees your face” So saying he retreated to his study and slammed the door behind him. Everyone knew to leave him alone if he did this, so no one disturbed him until dinner time.

A new line for each new speaker but if one speaker continues talking after some description etc no new line
    now these are all indented yes?

like this

She sits there all alone with no thought left to ponder. He sits all alone just thinking about her, wondering what she is doing.
    "What will I do?" He says to himself.
    As they sit there like they have no place to ever be, the sun begins to set.
    "Does he miss me?" She says as she sighs aloud.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    now these are all indented yes?

like this

She sits there all alone with no thought left to ponder. He sits all alone just thinking about her, wondering what she is doing.
    "What will I do?" He says to himself.
    As they sit there like they have no place to ever be, the sun begins to set.
    yea sorry i didnt know how to indent it on here

but it should be like this

"What will I do?" He says to himself. As they sit there like they have no place to ever be, the sun begins to set.
    new line for a speaker but the story continues from that line until there is a new speaker or paragraph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast