+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ah... Novelist request.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ah... Novelist request.

Always make sure to establish who is speaking when there is more than one person speaking. Otherwise your reader won't know who is speaking. When a paragraph ends and it ends with a person speaking, do not add ending quotes if the speaker begins the next paragraph (that's not a have to, but I was told your supposed to XD). As stated new speaker, new line, and becareful of switching from point of veiws, first person, second, etc.

Those are the only things I can think of that we were suppose to do when writing a short story or novel. But in any case good luck with it ^^

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard from a writing teacher I had, that when you are writing about a character for a while (3 or more sentences) that instead of using he/she multiple times, you should insert the character's name instead in a couple of places.

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakyarrow View Post
    I heard from a writing teacher I had, that when you are writing about a character for a while (3 or more sentences) that instead of using he/she multiple times, you should insert the character's name instead in a couple of places.
    oh... all this is good information but... i would really like to request some examples... just to look off of you know... cause im not all that good at followinf directions right now cause im having a bad week.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Instead of he/she all the time:

Lilla laughs at the boy, "Do you think you can change what has come? Do you think you can change what will happened?" She turns her back to the boy and begins to speak again, "You're just as foolish as... You are just so foolish." Her words trail off as she walks toward the doorway. "Moarn if you must, but you alone cannot change what will come." Lilla slames the door, leaving the boy alone to think and possibaly moarn.

I hope you understood what I was saying. The paragraphy thing is simple. Ex:

blah...top of paragraph... "If the boy cause anymore problems, lock him in the room.
    "How is your mother doing, Jo. I'll have too blah blah blah..."

Hope you got the idea.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkened_Star View Post
    Instead of he/she all the time:

Lilla laughs at the boy, "Do you think you can change what has come? Do you think you can change what will happened?" She turns her back to the boy and begins to speak again, "You're just as foolish as... You are just so foolish." Her words trail off as she walks toward the doorway. "Moarn if you must, but you alone cannot change what will come." Lilla slames the door, leaving the boy alone to think and possibaly moarn.

I hope you understood what I was saying. The paragraphy thing is simple. Ex:

blah...top of paragraph... "If the boy cause anymore problems, lock him in the room.
    "How is your mother doing, Jo. I'll have too blah blah blah..."

Hope you got the idea.
    So you basically throw in the name when you think it will help the reader understand that like it is just abou what that person is doing?

Newbie Zangetsu1101001 is off to a good start Zangetsu1101001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    I have descided that I want to write another book but I just can't seem to get the layout or page format down corrrectly. I need someone to make up a little chart for me to go by when I am writing. A list of special rules apply to writing a novel and I would really like a summary of them...

Thanks, Starfire

Hey I am writing a book to. It is called the Story of Fred Cru Ger
    I am Kano Ichimata wielder the Boomarang Blade. Cross me and beware.

Newbie Zangetsu1101001 is off to a good start Zangetsu1101001's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by midnight mistress View Post
    1. Front page - basic name and title some where i the middle
    2. Header - Title
    3. Footer - page number (exempt from first page)
    4. Beginning of chapter, number of chapter and then title ( if necessary) e.g. Chapter one - The forest
    5. End of a new chapter means new page, if possible a little pattern to be repeated throughout

theres are some i follow
    Um... I have tried doing the headre and footer thang it never works for me it always ends up the same for each page.
    I am Kano Ichimata wielder the Boomarang Blade. Cross me and beware.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    So you basically throw in the name when you think it will help the reader understand that like it is just abou what that person is doing?
    Yes. It also makes it more interesting to where it keeps the readers attention instead boring them. ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2