Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Artist Block

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Artist Block

Face it we all experience this strange phenomenom of Artist Block. We all have our own ways of dealing with it, some times it to just do nothing at all for a real long time.

I'm surious to know what techniques some of you out there use. I personally am the type that trudges through it like it's not there and watch as gradually my sigs and other graphics go down and down more. (don't worry, i would NEVER take a request while i'm in the middle of an Aritst Block.)

What are some things you guys and gals do to rid yourself of this problem?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Artist Block

If it is late and not a longer term drought (as in less then just 1 day) I may just sleep on it. Otherwise I normally do something completely different, like write a poem or render an image. Sometimes I explore the net looking at others works for inspiration...or I just keep banging it out until it clicks again...the point is not to quit at trying to use your creative juices!

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

i try to churn out something that eventually turns to complete sh!t and then i don't do anything artistic for a little while...

^_^ and then while i'm playing a video game or lazing off at work, inspiration hits me! that's how i work! it also helps that i keep a black notebook of all my old ideas, that also helps me creativly~!

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Hahahaha, when dont I have artist block (if I was considered an artist) Theres only a handful of sketches that I keep in a year...maybe 4,5 on average? Partly because I dont really "pursue" art but have it as a hobby.

But when I do have the block the best thing for me to do is usually stay away from art for a while. During these times I usually just read, finish some of the games I have building up, re-watch some old anime series, or just listen to music. These things help get some inspiration...on rare occasions I'd just keep drawing and drawing non-stop til its gone...but thats on RARE occasions. ^^;

I tend to stress out when I get artist block (just look at my avy) so anything to relieve the stress is helpful too.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well me i stop for a long time or else try a diffent type of style and get good at that then go back to it when i get insperashion i hate it when im in art classw ith it tho thats why i try keep alot of time to figer what to do and also i live in the contry side so that helps too being out and drawing helps too ^^ and some types of music aswell helps

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Wel whenever block hits me i like to watch TV and depending on what i see it inspires me to make a sig. like i had a drought recently and i turned the tv on and started watching the last episodes of Xiaolin showdown which inspired me to make a sig out of Raimundo. also music gives me inspiration not sure i can give ya any good ideas here
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I had a 'block' at the beginning of this year. I felt I couldn't do anything right, so I just stopped for a while, and I think I was away for a month and a half before I actually got back to doing anything 'real' again.

Some times it's your brain, telling you, your bored of this. Or maybe it's just that you lack inspiration and didn't know where to head ( like in my case)

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Neh, this happens all the time for me. Just short little bursts of screw Photoshop and this ugliness it makes you create.

Then I'm bored of screwing Photoshop...<<

But seriously, sometimes people just drain themselves of creative energy. Take not writing something in a long time. Suddenly a random thoughts gets in your head and you find you've written a 10 stanza poem or a 30,000 word essay /whatever/

I find being artistic in some other area makes the block go away much faster. Sing a few songs, write a story or a draw a picture. I find it much easy to Photoshop after those are done with.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast