+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Artists

ayu
    Devoted Otaku ayu is off to a good start ayu's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Artists

Hmm... I usually draw my own anime. Chibis mostly.

Mood doesn't really affect my drawings. But boredom does.

Now I'm trying to make a manga, which is hard.

Newbie Magik Sage is off to a good start Magik Sage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aya-kun View Post
    Ever used pen/marker to shade? It's fun and awesome!
    I've used a marker to shade a picture once (that I can recall...) It was pretty awesome. After I shaded the picture I experimented with coloring marker over crayon. I can't remember what the outcome was...

I found a way to get a lighter hair color for markers. I colored a mixture of brown/yellow/red and scraped away some of the marker with a colored pencil (yellow the time I tried it). I ended up with a nice reddish/brown colored hair (though I should have been more careful....I scraped way a hole in my characters head. *eep!)

Yes, I find using markers and pens fun. Only problem is when I can't erase!

Newbie AngelMage is off to a good start AngelMage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Magik Sage View Post
    I've used a marker to shade a picture once (that I can recall...) It was pretty awesome. After I shaded the picture I experimented with coloring marker over crayon. I can't remember what the outcome was...

I found a way to get a lighter hair color for markers. I colored a mixture of brown/yellow/red and scraped away some of the marker with a colored pencil (yellow the time I tried it). I ended up with a nice reddish/brown colored hair (though I should have been more careful....I scraped way a hole in my characters head. *eep!)

Yes, I find using markers and pens fun. Only problem is when I can't erase!
    Hahaha!Yeah it is that's why I still get kinda nervous marker/pening in sketches and do you mean Craola crayons or or art crayons or whatever they call them LOL.-^__^-;

Otaku Eria is off to a good start Eria's Avatar
    Thanks

I sketch when I get in the mood. I mostly draw anime/cartoon characters, I'm no good at realistic. I'm pretty decent drawing guys but the girls are a different story.

Aya-kun: I really like your drawing, the shading is pretty good.

I'm just me.

Newbie emily is off to a good start emily's Avatar
    Thanks

umm... i draw anime... create comics... i draw happy when im sad, and anything when im happy. inspirations are clamp, rumiko takahashi artists like them ^_^ i don't draw realistically, because i don't see much fun in being realistic. anything can exist when it's not realistic ^_^

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

*reads all those inking/pencilling posts*

Well, i have heard and talked to people complaining how hard it is to ink over pencil shaded stuff. The problem usually lies on the pencil used. Soft pencils are more darker and therefore dirt-inducing. As we all know, it sticks easily and can be difficult to erase. One of a soft pencil's major downside is the difficulty to ink it.

If ink doesn't stick on the pencilled paper, you might be using a soft pencil. But it doesn't end there.....

A Hard pencil can be inked over more easily but it's not safe from inking problems. It is hard and pointy, and with this, if the user ain't careful enough, it can leave deep grooves and cuts on the paper that can ruin ink lines.

So it's USUALLY just a matter of hand control, preference, and pencil choice combined.

@Aya-kun, your style looks positively crude. Most monochrome-preferring artists end up with crude looking pieces. I agree with you on how you prefer your art to be monochromatic. I don't think your style will look better with colors, its strength lies on its crudeness.

@Magik Sage, it seems you like doing fantasy art. I like doing those stuff too, you made a cute mind flayer. Your figures look Lego-ish, don't get me wrong, it's a compliment.

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

@Magik Sage
    Yea... Erasing is a big problem. So you have to be careful when you use a marker/ink your art. (Laughs) It can be a real b!tch.

@Eria
    Thank you very much. <^v^>/ Baa~

@Hantei
    Thanks. I think my art is more suited for the manga type. Colors in my artworks are unimaginable. <;_;>

You are right about the fact that pencil shades makes it harder to ink over with pen. Even if one somehow manage to ink over all the dark and heavy shadings, it will make the paper seem to wet or thin.

There was a time, I persistently inked over my shadings too much that my paper just tore. <;__;> (Tears)

I don't think I succeeded in sending my message across. <;__;> (Cries)
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

I draw whatever, it usually implies drawing distorted faces/things in ink(which i am obsessed with using), but not ink pens per say, sumi or india ink with a fountain pen or brush. It's a lot easier to get a thick dark line with a brush in ink, and won't ruin your paper as much. India ink is also water proof when it dries so if you want to use watercolor after inking(weird way of working) I guess you could.

But yes, I love ink and watercolors. But i generally color before inking if I even ink at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast