+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Artists

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Artists

"Even if one somehow manage to ink over all the dark and heavy shadings, it will make the paper seem to wet or thin." -Aya-Kun

---Now the problem there lies on the paper, the pen, or the artist. The point of pens are usually sharp enough to scrape the fibers out of a paper's surface, yeah you're right it does make papers thinner. One way out of this is simply hand control, some people just find it too difficult to control their hand pressures.

The other way out lies on the materials being used, it's either a pen problem or a paper problem. Sometimes no matter how well-controlled an artist is he/she is still unsafe from ink blots, bleeds, and paper failure..It's a matter of choosing the situationally right materials.

Anyone here tried inking on Bristol boards? It's one of the most preferred paper/board by inkers and pencillers alike. It's thick and tough enough to withstand heavy hand pressures, it is pretty cheap and common too. Try it sometimes, for those who haven't tried it yet...There's a lot of other good quality papers out there too...

Oni
    Newbie Oni is off to a good start
    Thanks

I like drawing starcraft related stuff! Especally Protoss and terran. Have you drawn anything like that?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    I draw whatever, it usually implies drawing distorted faces/things in ink(which i am obsessed with using), but not ink pens per say, sumi or india ink with a fountain pen or brush. It's a lot easier to get a thick dark line with a brush in ink, and won't ruin your paper as much. India ink is also water proof when it dries so if you want to use watercolor after inking(weird way of working) I guess you could.

But yes, I love ink and watercolors. But i generally color before inking if I even ink at all.
    Yeah, but it takes alot of patience and skill ta work wit a fountain pen; or brush; and india ink. I often have great difficulty in workin' wit them, on account that my hand shakes too much. It's funny, I can sketch a; practically, straight line, but I have a hard time drawin' a straight line usin' a fountain pen.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Newbie poltergiest is off to a good start poltergiest's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Artists

Yo, I like 2 draw at any time. I just draw normal manga.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hantei16 View Post
    Anyone here tried inking on Bristol boards? It's one of the most preferred paper/board by inkers and pencillers alike. It's thick and tough enough to withstand heavy hand pressures, it is pretty cheap and common too. Try it sometimes, for those who haven't tried it yet...There's a lot of other good quality papers out there too...
    Bristol is good, also, you can invest in illustration board or watercolor paper. If you dislike the rough water color paper you can get hot press, it's more expensive but very nice to work on.

Newbie Haileyjo13 is off to a good start Haileyjo13's Avatar
    Thanks

Time of emotion are always best for me.
    When I have time to just sit and think, that is when things come.
    And depending on that mood, I play off what I draw, and how I do it.
    Its kinnda hard to explain, but its cool to see everyones responses here.

Otaku Hantei16 is off to a good start Hantei16's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Haileyjo13 View Post
    Time of emotion are always best for me.
    When I have time to just sit and think, that is when things come.
    And depending on that mood, I play off what I draw, and how I do it.
    Its kinnda hard to explain, but its cool to see everyones responses here.
    Y'know what emotion-driven artists like you are the ones who earn so much nowadays from the sophisticated and high roller crowd.

"you can invest in illustration board or watercolor paper. If you dislike the rough water color paper you can get hot press, it's more expensive but very nice to work on." -Sazuka

Yeah he/she(?) is right watercolor papers are rough and tough but for me it's just not so versatile in terms of medium. Illustration boards are just right and quite budget friendly, Master and Berkeley are just one of the few "better" brands.

Anybody here who loves doin' stuff digitally? Anybody here loves to do it on canvas?

Newbie animeproject97 is off to a good start animeproject97's Avatar
    Thanks

Wink Re: Artists

Well i like to draw anime , fantasy , and comics when im bored or just plain old happy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast