+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Artists

Newbie Steadfast is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Artists

Currently I am trying to get back into drawing. So when I have some spare time, and trying to prevent boredom, I usually will start drawing Ikki Tousen style chicks. Also, as of late, I usually have my characters carrying some type of Rambo type of knife and try to make them look as menacing as possible.

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

I draw a lot and I have improved over the years. I can only draw females, I can draw males but I'm not that good at it. I do draw chibis and full body shots and I am trying to do some new things. I do have issues drawing my characters holding weapons but I am trying to perfect that in some way. I can never draw when I'm sad or angry it doesn't work out. I have to draw when I'm happy. It's kind of weird. I can't draw on a computer very well, but I will practice more once paint gets fixed on my comp.

Otaku Just Pitching Champion, Mile High Club Champion, Penguin Dive Champion, Gold Strike Champion Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star may be famous one day Darkened_Star's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AngelMage
    Well for me I like to draw anime characters/comicbook characters no matter what mood
    Same here on that part. But I also like doing graffiti type stuff to (not illegally either). Sometimes I'll just do friends names and give it to them. I also love to draw/paint abstract things as well. Mostly I like drawing manga/anime style drawings though, no matter what mood I'm in.

Come dance in the rain with me, no one is watching.

Newbie btuvs is off to a good start btuvs's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Artists

Well... As a fellow artist I feel the same way, Whenever I feel depressed or upset my drawing skill level drops. When I'm happy or satisfied I can draw nicely I think it is because artists need to be inspired or feel happy and unrestricted to be able to let their creativity flow out freely. Haha! Sounds like a line from a book huh? Well, that is how I see it.

Hmmnn... If you're having trouble illustrating characters holding weapons and stuff, try to use a friend or yourself as a model. Believe it or not I bought a few BB gun models just to help me illustrate my characters with weapons, I hold out the gun and pose in front of the mirror to see how my illustration should look like and then I draw my pose on paper. It is also a technique used by Pro Manga artists
    "Ever wonder how it feels like to have a cute girl haunting your closet?"

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

i jus like to draw whatever. usually if its in my mind i can draw it like my charaters. If its in front of me and catches that spark ill draw it. Usually i draw in the mood im in if its happy, angry or sad. then they usually turn out in a certain way in all of these weird moods. I know alot of people can draw jus like that

Jigoku Shoujo Dangerous Dave Part 1 : Mole Surfing Champion Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness may be famous one day Descended From Darkness's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by btuvs View Post
    Well... As a fellow artist I feel the same way, Whenever I feel depressed or upset my drawing skill level drops. When I'm happy or satisfied I can draw nicely I think it is because artists need to be inspired or feel happy and unrestricted to be able to let their creativity flow out freely. Haha! Sounds like a line from a book huh? Well, that is how I see it.

Hmmnn... If you're having trouble illustrating characters holding weapons and stuff, try to use a friend or yourself as a model. Believe it or not I bought a few BB gun models just to help me illustrate my characters with weapons, I hold out the gun and pose in front of the mirror to see how my illustration should look like and then I draw my pose on paper. It is also a technique used by Pro Manga artists
    Hmmm...I never really thought about that before. But I have looked at anime pictures of characters and what not and used that as an inspiration. I have been progressing within the past 7 years that I have been drawing and I have made huge improvements within a year. Which is amazing for me and for my friends.

Otaku demonicloud is off to a good start
    Thanks

I focus more on the mangas than still lifes, yet at times i paint or just do splash images.
    fear the reaper

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly I never stick to one specific subject of drawing unless I am doing a comic or a series, but I'll draw many different things, just what ever is on my mind and sometimes it depends how bored I am. You can see my art in my user gallery, do leave comments.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast