+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Character Animations Needed

Newbie FlaskImp is off to a good start
    Thanks

Character Animations Needed

I am looking for someone to make some short animations of a character doing various things, such as running, writing in a notebook, digging through a box of junk, doing a dance, etc.

The exact character is not important, and can be an original character, as long as it is a cute girl. If possible, I would like Chocolat, from the anime Yumeiro Patissiere, or some other chibi. It doesn't have to be really detailed either.

It will be for personal use for a project I have taken up, and won't be posted online or distributed in any way. If only I had the slightest bit of artistic talent, I wouldn't have to bother strangers like this. T.T

I know this would be too much to ask for with no reward...I've never requested art or anything before though, so the process is new to me. The first thing that comes to mind in terms of a reward would be a completed version of the program I am making. It's sure to be worth it for fans of anime/manga. Other than that, I suppose I would be willing to pay money, but I'm not sure how to make the payment. As I've said, this isn't something I'm familiar with.

If you're interested, email me at [email protected] for more specifics.

Otaku carasume is off to a good start carasume's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: Character Animations Needed

Quote Originally Posted by FlaskImp View Post
    I am looking for someone to make some short animations of a character doing various things, such as running, writing in a notebook, digging through a box of junk, doing a dance, etc.

The exact character is not important, and can be an original character, as long as it is a cute girl. If possible, I would like Chocolat, from the anime Yumeiro Patissiere, or some other chibi. It doesn't have to be really detailed either.

It will be for personal use for a project I have taken up, and won't be posted online or distributed in any way. If only I had the slightest bit of artistic talent, I wouldn't have to bother strangers like this. T.T

I know this would be too much to ask for with no reward...I've never requested art or anything before though, so the process is new to me. The first thing that comes to mind in terms of a reward would be a completed version of the program I am making. It's sure to be worth it for fans of anime/manga. Other than that, I suppose I would be willing to pay money, but I'm not sure how to make the payment. As I've said, this isn't something I'm familiar with.

If you're interested, email me at [email protected] for more specifics.
    well, how good are you at drawing? i dnt think that i draw that good but can u show me how good u draw and i can show u how, possibly, good i am. that would be kewl to see other peoplez drawings! ^-^
    Death is interesting

Newbie FlaskImp is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Character Animations Needed

Here is something I've made from the above image, by tracing it with a program I wrote. As you can see, my hand is a bit shaky with a mouse, and I don't have one of those drawing pad things.

This is actually better than the minimum quality of pictures I need, but I can't produce things like this without something to trace.

It isn't an accurate measure of my abilities, since I needed the original to trace it. Trying to draw my own pictures which don't yet exist, is something like...Imagine a 3-year-old scribbling with a crayon with his eyes closed. It would be something like that. Here, I'll draw one:

I originally made the program to trace the characters frame by frame right on top of the anime. (Tracer Program is a transparent canvas that overlays my entire screen, with undo and save options). As it turns out, though, the lines in the anime are a bit blurry, so I have some trouble with the tracing. I may try a few more times as a last resort, but if I could get even something almost like that, I will be happy. The main problem has been, I need them to have a transparent background, and any pictures I find use anti-aliasing to blend the background with the picture.

+ Reply to Thread