+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Drawing Fundamentals for average/beginner artists who want to make their own anime dr

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Anime Drawing Fundamentals for beginner to average artists

Well I’ve seen a fundamental thread up for novices and beginners so I just wanted to continue with that and show you guys what to do after or jut to get you drawing more. If you are a practicing artist, you will probably find out later that you will start to hate your work after a while. Well there are a few tips that I can give, which might be of help instead of making boxes and copying every thing. I will show you a few tips on how to draw free handedly without copying.

Materials: You will need paper (Legal or letter), a mechanical pencil, a wooden HB pencil, black ball point pen, liquid black pen, eraser, and food (drawing on an empty stomach isn’t that great)

Step one: Preparations: Get you piece of paper and lay it on you desk. Make sure there isn’t anything under the piece of paper or it will affect the drawing, the consequences are dire! Have a lot of room to space out your materials and now your set!

Step two: Rough: Get the wooden HB pencil. When drawing a rough, always start with the HB wooden pencil. Start with the outline. Basically make a stick figure with all the joints in a usual body. That includes shoulders, elbows, knees, fingers, wrist, etc. Draw the stick figure, the pose you want your own original anime character on. I suggest making the picture large so that you can add more detail and shading.
    (not mine)

Once you’ve finished the stick figure, make the head from perfectly round to an egg shape. The bottom of the “egg” will be sharp or flat depending on the character’s personality. Strong or large people should have a sort of flat chin while any other type of person should have a fairly sharp chin.
    (not mine)

Creating your male character

To create your own male character, you must know that there are a few distinctions between them. If you and anime fan and you know what’s different between male and female you should be ok. To start, get your outline drawing and start with the face. The face should have a set of eyes, some hair, a nose, a mouth, and maybe some blushes.
    (not mine)

The eyes: should have an iris and a reflecting part. There are tons of ways to make eyes and usually the eyes would tell you the anime style which you have. The eyes are important because they tell you the person’s facial emotions. Here are some examples Manga Tutorials.(not mine)

The nose: should be right in the middle if your anime character is straight forward, otherwise, it’s at the eye which is most far away in perspective. The nose should mostly look like a check mark with a curve.

The Body: should be a lot broader than females and, if you want him muscular, I suggest drawing some of the major muscles that u see on strong people, in animes. The legs are simple, just look at your legs (if you are male) and try to copy them onto the drawing. Same with the arms, unless you want them muscular.

Creating you female character

To create your female character, you must first know how to draw legs, arms, eyes, and chest for a woman (maybe even the behind). These are the essential parts that make a woman what a woman is in anime. Female eyes are usually bigger and they tend to have more of a “cute” face. Females don’t have muscular arms, they won’t need them in anime, and usually the “cute” girls never have real muscle, even if they are strong.
    (not mine)
    The legs for females are thin and get from wide to thin (like a cone).
    (not mine)
    (not mine)
    They tend to not have any muscle here either. The behind is basically drawing what’s on females. If you can get a nice looking Female to pose for you, (HAHAHA!) then you should know how one looks and be able to draw them.
    (not mine)
    Or you can just watch anime that looks at those sorts of things. If you don’t want to draw these things, try drawing a skirt. They’re easy enough for anyone to draw.
    (not mine)
    The chest…. well is just about how men fantasize the. the best way is to see anime’s which "elaborate" on this part, and learn from them. the key is to watch a lot of anime’s which deal with the human body more.
    (not mine)

(not mine)

Wow I’m at 751 words so I’ll stop for now. If you would like some more info on drawing, just PM me and I should reply back

~Spin Da Ish
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jun 12, 2007 at 06:37 PM. Reason: forgot the photos

「Someone」 Goo Slasher Champion, Fish Kill Champion, Rapid Motion Champion, Cell-Out Champion, Sober Santa 2 Champion, Flower Girl Champion KuwiRules145 is off to a good start KuwiRules145's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drawing Fundamentals for average/beginner artists who want to make their own anim

Oh wow!!! That is very helpful!!!!! I hope to know more but I'll try to learn by my own but I thank you very much for this info on help!
    「When I'm sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead」

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Drawing Fundamentals for average/beginner artists who want to make their own anim

It's much better to give examples rather than just trying to explain.

Newbie cloudstrife1990 is off to a good start cloudstrife1990's Avatar
    the united states in ste. genevieve Missouri
    Thanks

yes i totally hate some of my work becuase i think it looks bad but i finally got over that little issue now i look at it as my practice to get better
    every so often i do draw a pic that i think looks awsome those are the ones ill post on minitokyo to see what people think about it....
    it gives me an insite on how im doing

Newbie Qu99 is off to a good start Qu99's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been drawing for 2 years and what you said is true because after a while that happen to me.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Red face Re: Drawing Fundamentals for average/beginner artists who want to make their own anim

yea well, i'm actually working on details on drawings and taht should come out soon now that SUMMER IS HERE YAY
    i hope all this info actually helps someone.... or i'm just wasting my time lol

+ Reply to Thread