Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gimp is back in action!

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gimp is back in action!

I know a way to get Photoshop but that's on a personal scale. Anyone it might but for the best to have vector section in GIMP 2.8

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

i have gimp 2.6.7 don't really think i am going to use gimp 2.8 but it sounds like fun.

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAlchemist View Post

You pretty much have to outline/color the entire thing. You copy an image to make it look better. It is mostly used to increase the size of images.
    Vector graphics are scalable, mathematical representations of points and colors codes, hence the 'vector' name. The key is that unlike raster, you can infinitely (hardware pending) scale the image output up or down in layout size. So saying "increase the size of images" is a little misleading, in that you are simply scaling the output image, not destructively changing the core vector information which is relative only to itself. The inverse is also true and very handy. You could create a 12" x 12" emoticon because the increased project scale would allow you to work in greater detail and clarity. After completed, you can then scale down to 10 x 10 pixels without any loss of detail other than perceived loss due to monitor limits and visual limits.

The other misconception about vector graphics is that you are limited to tracing and/or cartoonish graphics. That was definitely the case a few years back, but computing power, Adobe software and a good pen and tablet have allowed people to progress vector art in crazy strides:

The World's Most Photorealistic Vector Art - Basang Panaginip

Newbie EtoMiyako is off to a good start EtoMiyako's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not a big graphic designer, so I guess I don't even really need to know how to vector. As long as I can get something to look the way I want it to, I'm fine with it. I've done blog layouts and such to my liking, so I guess I don't really need to know how to do anything too in-depth.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2