Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to draw manga/anime

Newbie OmgThisGuySucks is off to a good start OmgThisGuySucks's Avatar
    Thanks

Question How to draw manga/anime

Hey everyone ;D

So I like art, tis why Im in the art section, funnily enough and I was thinking that it'd be cool if I learnt how to draw manga/anime styled stuff, 'cause it'd be pretty cool to be able to do.

So, onto what this post is about...

Any pointers? Any pointers for someone starting off drawing manga/anime, just little tricks or tips to get started?
    //R.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How to draw manga/anime

Here, Click this link.

Anime Drawing Tutorials

Newbie OmgThisGuySucks is off to a good start OmgThisGuySucks's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Here, Click this link.

Anime Drawing Tutorials
    No it wasn't that hard ><

Just thought for anyone else who might want to know there was a lot of info in one place P:

But thank you
    //R.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My advice is before you even start drawing the anime style, learn how to draw real humans first. Understanding how the human body looks, what proportions it has.

Like did you know that the bottom of your nose lines up with the bottom point of your ear where it meets the head, and the eyes line up with the top point where the ear meets the head, and that the average width of a mouth is roughly the distance between the centers of someones eyes. Those pointers right there can help you draw the basic shape of a face.

I speak from experience (I took advanced art courses in high school and I have formal art training from college), it helps a lot.

Newbie loveinabottle is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    My advice is before you even start drawing the anime style, learn how to draw real humans first. Understanding how the human body looks, what proportions it has.

Like did you know that the bottom of your nose lines up with the bottom point of your ear where it meets the head, and the eyes line up with the top point where the ear meets the head, and that the average width of a mouth is roughly the distance between the centers of someones eyes. Those pointers right there can help you draw the basic shape of a face.

I speak from experience (I took advanced art courses in high school and I have formal art training from college), it helps a lot.
    So what you're saying is just trace?
    Let's presume I'd like to begin drawing, but I do not have the capabilities to perform amazing sessions, will tracing help me improve?

Thanks

hell no, tracing is plagiarism and that's theft.

Otaku Jewel of Atlantis Champion, Project 156 Champion, Suna Sudoku Champion, Virus 3 Hex Options Champion kaki tori kaizoku is off to a good start kaki tori kaizoku's Avatar
    Thanks

as aceman said practise drawing real life. that will help alot will your characters form. espcially if your doing mangas that are physical( sport or action based).

here go to how to draw manga now how easy was that. the site has the basics on character drawing,the stuff beginners usually struggle with (hands, clothing, hair,etc.)

My Youtube My Deviant
    Goal: 363/500 posts to elite member

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I second and third drawing from observation to start and to get practice. No matter what style you work in, the foundations remain pretty much the same.

In my opinion, the only time you should trace is if you're cleaning up one of your own drawings. Tracing someone's work that isn't your own really isn't going to teach you anything, and posting it up as your own later is a huge no-no. It's like copying Hemmingway and turning it in to your teacher as your English paper.

Artist studies and master copies are a different matter, but that's probably for a different thread.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast